Mini 848 - Second String Muppets Mafia - Game Over.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, charter did hit scum N1, so in that sense, his play was not bad. I'm having a hard time understanding the rest of his play though.

And I guess EL was an insane or paranoid cop? That's unexpected in a mini.

One of the reasons I think snix is the scummiest is that he already said something like maybe EL is insane cop. Which is something I wouldn't expect anyone to guess. But if you're scum you know that's probably the case if EL and DDD are not on your team. Also, I think snix has the strongest ties to ML... how he attacked ML and Ecto and voted ecto over ML.

I hate no lynching, but this is probably one of the those situations where it could be good. Even number alive. And we're probably at lylo assuming 2 scum left. So we basically have to lynch right today or do a no-lynch and hope for some info overnight.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:44 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

elvis_knits wrote:Well, charter did hit scum N1, so in that sense, his play was not bad. I'm having a hard time understanding the rest of his play though.

One of the reasons I think snix is the scummiest is that he already said something like maybe EL is insane cop. Which is something I wouldn't expect anyone to guess. But if you're scum you know that's probably the case if EL and DDD are not on your team. Also, I think snix has the strongest ties to ML... how he attacked ML and Ecto and voted ecto over ML.

I hate no lynching, but this is probably one of the those situations where it could be good. Even number alive. And we're probably at lylo assuming 2 scum left. So we basically have to lynch right today or do a no-lynch and hope for some info overnight.
I don't like no-lynches, especially when someone who hasn't claimed calls for one. The call for a no lynch seems very self serving coming from Ecto, although I agree Snix is worth looking at.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Ectomancer »

A No Lynch is simple math.

Right now we have likely 4 town 2 scum. We hit town and scum kill tonight and we lose. Chance of us hitting scum is 1/3 - 33%
We know charter was indeed a compulsive vig and is now dead, so little worries of a 2nd night kill. No lynch, scum kills tonight and we have 3 town 2 scum. Chance of hitting scum is now 40% based upon raw numbers alone.

Elvis, I also mentioned sanity. That PGO claim opened a can of possibility. I don't now know whether the issue was sanity or some kind of redirect of the investigation, because DDD wasnt some kind of miller watcher.

I think we see who isn't here before following down too many roads of speculation. In fact, I think this is one time when we keep our opinions to ourselves. No sense in letting scum decide which opinion set suits them best to keep around.

vote No Lynch

I'm prepared for calls fo scum by calling for an end to conversation, just be prepared to explain why my statement above isn't the best path. Numbers call for No Lynch, and though more information for town is generally good, in this case it is scum that is about to have to make a decision on imperfect information. We shouldnt make it easier.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Snix »

elvis_knits wrote:Well, charter did hit scum N1, so in that sense, his play was not bad. I'm having a hard time understanding the rest of his play though.

I believed DDD's claim and read the wiki article for Sam the Eagle. It was possible that I was wrong but if anyone was going to be an insane cop it would have been sam. Since names seem to be linked to rolls I think it might help if we all name claimed.

I am Hilda.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

No lynch is only good if we have a power role left that can get us more info. We've had a lot of power roles die. Watcher, cop, vig. We have to have something left that can get us results, and hope that scum don't NK it.

Otherwise we're just giving scum a free kill, and we'll be in this same situation with one less townie.

Although sometimes people argue that even that is good for us since we can eliminate that person as scum. But I don't think that really holds water since scum are going to kill an unscummy townie anyway.

That's basically what ecto is saying that our odds of hitting scum are higher tomorrow. But not really if scum kill a person we weren't suspicious of anyway.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Snix wrote:

I believed DDD's claim and read the wiki article for Sam the Eagle. It was possible that I was wrong but if anyone was going to be an insane cop it would have been sam. Since names seem to be linked to rolls I think it might help if we all name claimed.

I am Hilda.
So you want people to name claim to try to figure out their roles?

!!!

vote snix
Talk nerdy to me.

MonkeySudo
MonkeySudo
Townie
MonkeySudo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:18 am

Post by MonkeySudo »

^This

Unvote
Vote: Snix

Still very suspicious of Ecto though.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Snix »

Or, elvis, so I can figure out who is scum?

You yourself just said that we don't have any power rolls left. ]

We are not in a situation to be hasty or quick with voting.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:18 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sorry, alt

Unvote:
Vote: Snix
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:19 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Snix wrote:Or, elvis, so I can figure out who is scum?

But you were pretty hasty in asking for a mass claim.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Snix »

Think about it, no lynch doesn't hurt town. Especially when we are a confused town. It prevents us from mislynching and gives us more to go on the next day. Scum want a lynch so long as it doesn't involve them.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:23 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Snix wrote:Think about it, no lynch doesn't hurt town. Especially when we are a confused town. It prevents us from mislynching and gives us more to go on the next day. Scum want a lynch so long as it doesn't involve them.
Scum would also favor a no lynch if a potential lynch does involve them. All these mass claim or no lynch gimmicks rather than talking about suspects and figuring out who is scum is rather scummy IMHO.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Snix »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snix wrote:Or, elvis, so I can figure out who is scum?

But you were pretty hasty in asking for a mass claim.
What? Really? Thats what you have. Town needs information, Scum right now is sitting pretty. To help town any information is helpful.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Snix »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snix wrote:Think about it, no lynch doesn't hurt town. Especially when we are a confused town. It prevents us from mislynching and gives us more to go on the next day. Scum want a lynch so long as it doesn't involve them.
Scum would also favor a no lynch if a potential lynch does involve them. All these mass claim or no lynch gimmicks rather than talking about suspects and figuring out who is scum is rather scummy IMHO.
Defending myself is scummy? Since when.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Snix wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Defending yourself by asking for a mass claim is scummy.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Snix »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snix wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Defending yourself by asking for a mass claim is scummy.
See point about information.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

No, this is BS snix.

We either nolynch without giving any more info to the scum (no massclaim!) or we massclaim and go balls out today for the lynch.

I think either way could be good, but you're starting a massclaim before we decide which option we want to do. That's F-ing scummy.

Also, triggering a massclaim by asking people for role claims is unbelievably underhanded.
Talk nerdy to me.

Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Snix »

So, wait. Massclaim is not scummy when it's your idea but is scummy when it's mine?

Now that is BS.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hold on there honcho, before you start smack talking Snix over claims, let's take a look at Monkey. I forgot to ask this in a previous post. How the hell do you get to where we've
ever
needed a claim from me, and how would my lack of one disqualify me from calling for a no lynch?
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
I don't like no-lynches, especially when someone who hasn't claimed calls for one.
The call for a no lynch seems very self serving coming from Ecto, although I agree Snix is worth looking at.
Who is pushing for claims here?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Ok, I can't help it.

Pro-town - No Lynch in order to mathematically improve odds. In hand with this goes a no information clause.

Monkey is opposed to a No Lynch, despite a valid logical and mathematically provable case for it.

Pro-town - Deciding to use 4 town voices against 2 scum, rather than 3 vs 2 tomorrow. Decision must be made correctly or we lose. All possible information must be divulged today and now, including a mass claim.

Despite being against a No Lynch that would improve town's odds, Monkey is also against divulging all information in order to improve our odds of making a good decision.

In other words, Monkey is siding with the best scum scenario.

Snix on the other hand, is trying to both support a No Lynch
and
get a mass claim going.

You two are being seriously anti-town. You need to shape up and be seriously awesome instead. Just vote No Lynch and stop chattering.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ectomancer wrote:Ok, I can't help it.

Pro-town - No Lynch in order to mathematically improve odds. In hand with this goes a no information clause.

Monkey is opposed to a No Lynch, despite a valid logical and mathematically provable case for it.

Pro-town - Deciding to use 4 town voices against 2 scum, rather than 3 vs 2 tomorrow. Decision must be made correctly or we lose. All possible information must be divulged today and now, including a mass claim.

Despite being against a No Lynch that would improve town's odds, Monkey is also against divulging all information in order to improve our odds of making a good decision.

and
get a mass claim going.

You two are being seriously anti-town. You need to shape up and be seriously awesome instead. Just vote No Lynch and stop chattering.
We didn't get any night action info today(so far), what makes you think we'd get some tomorrow? And mass claiming only makes things easier for the scum to know who to kill. Even it's only an educated guess, it's better than just giving scum a free kill.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Snix »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:

and
get a mass claim going.

We didn't get any night action info today(so far), what makes you think we'd get some tomorrow? And mass claiming only makes things easier for the scum to know who to kill. Even it's only an educated guess, it's better than just giving scum a free kill.
Not if the educated guess kills town, then we're giving Scum 2 free kills.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Snix wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:

and
get a mass claim going.

Not if the educated guess kills town, then we're giving Scum 2 free kills.
Basically you're saying we have to claim because we suck, which shows a total lack of faith in our abilities...
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

You dont get it. There are two choices, period.

We lynch scum today or we lose. That means we spill all the beans because the whole game rides on our successful lynch.

We improve our odds by postponing LYLO until tomorrow when we have a 40% instead of a 33% chance of hitting scum. In that case, we give scum no additional information to work with when deciding who they remove from the equation.

Until that decision is made, we do
nothing
. So decide. I went with No Lynch. When you make up your mind vote Lynch, or vote No Lynch. Whichever gets 4 votes is win. If it is 3 to 3, we can do a /random 1 2 where 1 is lynch and 2 is no lynch.

If we decide to lynch, we can argue over mass claims, etc when that time comes.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Also, in fairness, the raw odds are better at lynching scum tomorrow, though in practice, there are 4 town voices and 2 scum voices today, where tomorrow it will be 3 and 2.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”