California Trilogy: City of Angels - On Camera (Game Over)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 4.3

Present Day...

Outside the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, the angels and newly made friends are standing, still unsure what to do after receiving the strange and useless advice of the Crone. Close inspection of the scene reveals a large number of discarded markers scattered on the ground around them, but otherwise the group has been left with little sense of purpose.

Four of them wander off to exit stage left, while the other five start to walk right. The camera follows these five. They don't speak, and apart from a low, ominous soundtrack there is no sound at all.

As they turn a corner, they run into three familiar faces.

Glen Stewart Godwin:
Carrie? Dweezil?

Clarence Odbody:
Alice?

ALICE:
Can I help you?

Glen Stewart Godwin:
Where have you three been?

ALICE:
Earth.

Carrie Fisher:
We've been wandering around aimlessly. Hi, Huey.

Huey Lewis:
Hey.

Dweezil Zappa:
We've both felt that we should be doing something... but we're not sure what...

Angel:
We felt the same thing. Unfortunately, we have only received utterly useless advice...

Tabris:
Would you care to join us? I am feeling a bit lonely, now that DEATH has departed...

The two nod, and Alice, constantly studying human behaviour, nods as well. The group, now eight, cross the street together and head in a new direction.

In front of them, something crashes to the sidewalk with a splat.

Carrie Fisher:
Gasp!

Clarence Odbody:
Aaah!

Tabris:
Eeek!

Dweezil Zappa:
Hey, isn't that Kobe Bryant? We just saw him... at the Monty Hall thing...

Glen Stewart Godwin:
This isn't the first body we've come across... there was the judge...

Carrie Fisher:
Yeah, and didn't we see Charles Manson's corpse when we got off the bus?

Mr. Green:
Three dead. And two more makes five. That matter, anyway.

The camera pans to the right to reveal Mr. Green and Valentine Wiggin. Mr. Green is holding a small box.

Carrie Fisher:
Five?

Mr. Green:
You didn't know them. At least... well, I suppose I wouldn't be surprised. Coincidence abounds. I just found out. A... former colleague. And... well, it's a long story. Please, come with me... it starts with an island...

The nine approach Mr. Grey International, Inc. headquarters. There is a burnt out car in the parking lot, taking up several spaces. The other spaces are filled by shiny, expensive vehicles.

Mr. Green separates himself from the group to walk up to the car. He crouches and peers into the wreckage. Then he turns back to the others.

Mr. Green:
And so, here we are. Ms. Blue and Glork are dead, and I don't know why. And I have received this package...

He reaches into the box and pulls out a smaller box, this one metallic. On one side is a red button.

Valentine Wiggin:
What is that for?

Mr. Green:
How should I know? It could mean anything. It could be from the boss himself. That scares me most of all. Either we push it, or we don't... either could have dire consequences. But whatever it is we do, this device is important somehow. It is no accident that we have come together, in this place. Something or someone is drawing us toward some inevitable fate... and our decision could have repercussions farther than we can currently imagine...

With 9 Roles On Camera, it will take 5 votes to reach a majority before deadline, which is two weeks from this post. Remember to stay in character as much as possible when acting out your decision making process.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Thok »

Odbody, you've been quiet for most of the game. Should we push the button or not push the button?

(I realize I've been quiet also. If people want me to venture a guess at the decision, I will.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:27 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I'd like everyone to take a position on the choice one way or another to start off.

As of these 5 seconds, I say push the button.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Gaspar »

I'm so pleased to have Huey Lewis, Carrie Fisher, and Mr. Green all here.

Angel sharpens his vampire stake that he got from some girl named Buffy.

Are we in an episode of "Deal or no Deal?"

If so, I say go for the million. Don't push the button.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Thok »

I would prefer not to push the button at this instant.

In an aside, Godwin notes that a loud noisy button such as that could alert the FBI and the Mexican police to his whereabouts, and he already had issues with that Judge noticing him in previous scenes.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:37 am

Post by StarKiss »

I would say... Push the button! It's not either choice will make a huge pool of WIFOM.
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:39 am

Post by StarKiss »

Twitches.

On second thought, let's not push the button yet.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

We should definitely push the button. It will open up the heavens and glorious miracles will rain down upon us(I might even get back into that Kobe Bryant body).

I'm up for some serious button pushing action.

Plus in almost every movie I've seen, pushing the button leads to something awesome, whether it's warp-jumping away from the Borg right before they are about to assimilate you or launching a large wave of thermonuclear weapons at Soviet Russia.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Dweezil looks visibly annoyed
Wait, that's it? All we get is a button and no guidance on what to do with it? It's a total, random coinflip. Ugh.

It could be a bomb, and it would blow up in our faces or something.
a hand involuntarily rises to touch his cheek
We can't let that happen, this face is money.

Then again...
he looks at the box
... we could push it and it could be full of diamonds.

Dweezil folds his arms and frowns, staring at the button as if doing so might make it (safely) spill its secrets

Shit.
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

Tabris is busy controlling Unit 02, which is pretty much a red, pared-down transformer, without the transform ability. It has four optical sensors, a box-cutter style Progressive Knife, and a Needle Gun Launcher located in its shoulder. Tabris is contemplating engaging Evangelion Unit-01 in combat in the bowels of Terminal Dogma.

I have a plan for my decision,
declares Tabris
, everything shall be done in the proper order. I don't plan on making the same mistake as yesterday.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Talilan »

Keep pushin' that button
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:16 am

Post by Gaspar »

The music of Salt-n-Pepa singing "Push it" plays in the background on continuous loop. Angel covers his ears, trying to drown out the refrain by humming the theme song to "Jeopardy."

Huey, you seem to imply it doesn't matter which we choose, as they will both be WIFOM, and then you change your mind on which option you want to pick. Why change your mind if they're both WIFOM anyway?
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:02 am

Post by StarKiss »

I didn't theorically, my split personality has finally returned and seems to disagree with me is all.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Thok »

It almost certainly wrong to think of the current decision as being random. There's a good choice and a bad choice, and those who are evil will prefer the bad choice and we have been told that those who are evil know what each choice does.

I've heard stories of a game called Mafia, where they vote on who they think are good and evil. There is a lot of discussion about how to handle the first day of the game, when people are confused and nobody's said anything. That scenario isn't so different from what is happening now. Even better, we actually have some knowledge based off of how people have reacted to previous events; you can take a look at how those you think are evil are acting and try to use that to affect your choice.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:03 am

There's nothing to talk about until we get the green light as far as the CHOICE goes.

However, I'd like us to talk instead about which of us here is decepticoniest. Most of us are basking in the limelight, with a minority behind the lenses and the spotlights. We are in an odd situation; the majority cannot hear the minority. And the minority has fewer choices than ever.

Perhaps they will take our suggestions into consideration when it comes to utilizing the stuntman. Their call. But then there are other reasons to try to identify the decepticons right here on stage. Keeping the pressure is only one of them.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:22 am

Post by StarKiss »

Slaps self.

What do you mean FINALLY returned?

Slaps self on other cheek.

Are you trying to embarrass me in front of our friends?

Slaps self again before turning to Tabris.

In front of family!?

Final slap causes a red mark to appear on both sides of Huey's face.

..... what are YOU looking at?!?!?

With a wild eyed expression, Huey threatens to slap anyone looking at him awkwardly.... except Angel, because he'd probably whoop Lewis' ass a million times over.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:58 am

So... dad.

Can you and your multiple personalities tell us who you think is the decepticoniest? I'm especially interested in the opinion of the unwashed nymphomaniac wild child personality. Can you channel it?
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by StarKiss »

If you speak of the Starlet, then no. That channel is not available in your area.
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Indeed, that personality hasn't visited me in quite a while. Something like what, a least 3 weeks?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:48 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Looks like Valentine doesn't have much to say.

I am going to see about compiling a list of where everyone stands on the matter of pushing the button when I get more time to do so.

If you haven't given a position on this paticular matter yet, please do.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Talilan »

Unconcerned by the issues currently concerning the others, Carrie dozes blissfully in that state that is halfway between sleep and wake... a familiar presence slips into her mind...
Checking in from beautiful Rio de Janeiro and I got a prod. I have nothing to contribute to the game at this point, just saying "ola".
~ Tals
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Gaspar »

I like what Godwin has to say and appreciate Mr. Green taking the effort to compile a list of the positions we are each taking.

Angel practices downward-facing-dog on his pretty purple yoga mat.

I think we should do the opposite of people's first reactions. Thus negating anything scum came in trying to push.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 am

I thought of that.

See.

It all depends on who you want to contradict, it all depends on who you find scummy, and who would want to play WIFOM with.

I already noticed Thok is leaning "NOT push the button."
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Gaspar »

Tabris, you sexy beast, do you think Godwin's scummiest?

I thought he could be because of his reaction to the Kentuckians and how he was one of the ones wanting to stunt them onstage. But then again he is making sense currently.

Perhaps the way to go about this is to decide who we think is scummiest and do the opposite of what they want. Sort of like a hypothetical lynch to determine our decision?
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:47 am

Godwin looks like the Creature from Slime Lake. Remember that Evangelion episode where fighting that monster, and Unit 01 and Unit 02 couldn't grab the creature on account of the pond scum that greased him up?

The problem with a hypothetical lynch is that after announcing the plan, it all becomes WIFOM. The decepticons might say "push the button" with the expectation that we will do the opposite, which is what they might want.

How about deciding an order for players to announce their choices, from scummiest to least scummy?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”