Newbie 839 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Feeres »

Hi everyone, I'll be replacing Del then. I'm reading through the thread right now and will post more a bit later today. Have fun guys!
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Raskol »

Welcome.

BTW, are you scum?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Might as well vote with the theory I was just pushing, Mae shows as more likely to be scum than Raskol despite him arguing with me.

Unvote; Vote: Maemuki
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Maemuki »

I let myself be prodded. :oops: My bad.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Might as well vote with the theory I was just pushing, Mae shows as more likely to be scum than Raskol despite him arguing with me.

Unvote; Vote: Maemuki
Any particular reason, or is it because you think that Raskol's not scum, so I must be?

@ Raskol, you're right, I'm not particulary aggresive. I just I would try it out for a change. Guess what, it did not work.
Well, I'm waiting for a response from her before I vote, but I'm going for Maemuki atm, because of that post and her explanations for it, and the incongruence of both of those with the rest of the game she's played.
So, just because I wanted to put pressure on somebody to see if they're scum, I'm scum. Yeah, makes sense to me!

@ CSL,
shortly
means 2 days to you?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Raskol »

Maemuki---I'm gonna feel stupid if I'm wrong, but I'll buy it.

Good point about CSL, too. This calls for some bandwagon.

vote: CSL
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

At the moment, I'll keep my vote on Del/Feeres, because he didn't explain the L-1 vote yesterday at all.

I guess in this game it's hard to just lynch lurkers because everybody's lurking :-P.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Feeres »

Raskol, no.

All right, let me try recapping this game a bit and correct me if I got something wrong. First RVS, nothing much there. Raskol does some stuff which pretty much make him appear as protown as possible. Diakron escapes a bandwagon somehow, I still don't know how that happened really. Then DDD starts a bandwagon on inactive Tehstefan, followed by Raskol, Maemuki, Del and hammer-Bub. Day 1 over.

Day 2 nothing real interesting yet, just bunch of prodding and replacing and such. Someone said that the NK was random, 0 information kill, and I'd agree, there was no real reason for killing him.

The game seems to be mostly hanging up on no real activity from half of the people playing. I observed that CSL/Diakron, skitzo and Del/me are the ones left with no real content in posts. Bub, Raskol and DDD are actively talking about things and more or less aggressively going after people. Some talk was about Maemuki staying under the radar and I'd agree to that, while there has been posts, only noteworthy thing I saw was being the third on Tehstefan's bandwagon and not participating on Diakron's bandwagon.

Someone also noted that there might be something up with Diakron and Bub. I noted this as well while reading through the thread, he seemed at first to defend Diakron very much but when it seemed that there could be momentum for lynching someone else, he threw his vote on Diakron in an effort to possibly distance himself.

So what I'd think about players now:

CSL & Bub is possibly scum.
Maemuki possibly scum.
skitzo not very active, can't tell.
Raskol & DDD probably town.

--

As for Del voting for Tehstefan on D1, I can't comment more than what can be read in the thread. He stated that putting someone at L-1 is considered good way to pressure someone and I partially agree. But putting someone to L-1 also states that it's OK for someone to come and hammer the guy. As for Bub's fast hammer, what's up with that? You claim it was a mistake, yet you say it like it makes it OK. Even if Del hadn't voted, you would have put him at L-1 and essentially said the same thing that someone can come in and hammer him.

I'm placing my vote tomorrow when I re-read the thread, but I'd see pressuring or lynching CSL/Diakron logical at the moment because if he turns up scum, he can be linked to a couple of people as his partner.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:50 am

Post by CSL »

Sorry I had to disappear. I had absolutely no internet since Tuesday Afternoon.

Well, a quick-reread will do, but I have other games I must check.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 am

Feeres wrote: CSL & Bub is possibly scum.
Maemuki possibly scum.
Care to elaborate a bit on these?
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Feeres »

Sure thing Bub!

CSL & Bub is possibly scum.

Diakron didn't contribute too much to the game, I also quote him
Diakron wrote: DDD is being unusually quiet for someone who is supposed to be our role model for proper gaming techniques, maybe he is scum and wants us to have a good chance?
The quote seems like he's feeling pressured and wants to draw attention to elsewhere, and he does it by hinting that someone else might be scum just because he's not too active (compared to other posters, not really inactive). This somehow just feels like it's scum trying to find a way to put suspicions on someone else. His replacement, CSL, hasn't really done anything so far so can't say too much about the whole thing just from a few posts.

Now, if CSL is scum, you, Bub, would be a very likely partner for him. You have kinda ignored him through the game, you only FOSed him when questioned about him. Also you were waiting for others to put Diakron to L1 when you could have done it yourself, and only after you were pressured, you threw a vote on Diakron. The interaction with you two has been bit too buddyish, so I think it's reasonable to suspect a possible partnership. Instead of attacking him, you are defending him. You were quick to jump on to someone else's bandwagon when it seems like it was safe enough to do so, unfortunate that you happened to hammer so fast which naturally places suspicions on to you. You're even trying to put the blame of the fast hammer on to someone else, in an attempt to draw attention away from you. I've seen the tactic of "accidentally" fast hammering someone on D1 and it was a townie doing a gamble for whatever reasons he might have thought it was a good idea. Personally, I don't buy mistakenly hammering in a situation like that, so you are either scum who is covering up something, or you're a townie who made a personal gamble. Neither are really desirable for the town.

Maemuki possibly scum.

This goes along with me thinking she has not taken a firm stance so far, mostly flying under the radar through the game. There's really no analysis or such I can find from her, yet I'd expect some considering it's one of the more experienced people playing. Her vote on Tehstefan's bandwagon was just for the reason of pressuring, but which neatly fit in to the bandwagon kind of without anyone noticing. All very well executed, I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out scum. I'd also think her potential scum partner is Diakron/CSL, since she doesn't really pressure him, yet does actively participate in Tehstefan's bandwagon. The actions which she has taken during the game are more suggesting to me that she isn't actively scumhunting, she's just waiting for people to go scumhunting so she can watch and follow whoever seems to be reasonable and fitting for her purposes. I'm thinking of either CSL & Maemuki or CSL & Bub scumteam atm.

Well yeah, nothing really to say here. Posts so far seem like a beginner participating as a vanilla townie.

Raskol is active and aggressive, he does stuff which is not something characteristic to scum. He is actively scumhunting, so I don't have anything at the moment to bring up that might say he is scum.

DDD is the experienced dude here. He had rational reasons to vote for Tehstefan and he has the right ideas about things. One thing might NK suggest is that at least one member of the scum team has someone with some experience in playing mafia, so with process of elimination I come up with either Maemuki or Bub (I don't know, but Bub, you seem more experienced than I'd expect). I personally see this as a reasonable assumption, so in my opinion it's a good, scumhunting point he makes. I don't notice any gameplay moves of his which are deliberatly using faulty logic, he's actively pursuing people after getting over with his RVS anxiety phase and I don't see anything suggesting that he might be scum atm.

--

I'm torn between voting Bub, CSL or Maemuki. Logically I'd vote for CSL, but he's still yet to do his promised post so I'd wait until after that to vote for him. Deciding between Bub and Maemuki, I can't do that yet. I'll have to sleep over it.

Ah, what the heck. In the meantime, I
Vote: CSL

because I want answers from him.

Analysis post? What do you think was up with Diakron on D1? What do you think of other players in the game? What do you think of the NK? Any chance to know when you might post your analysis?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by CSL »

Well, I'm saying this. Diakron did not play well. His play is making me look really bad.

Where is a votecount when you need one?

Trying my best to get the others...
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:21 am

Feeres wrote:(I don't know, but Bub, you seem more experienced than I'd expect).
Well thank you for saying so. This is actually the first game of Mafia game I've ever played :D .

As far as the "surpise" hammer. I said I didn't notice the
date
on del's post, not his post all together. I didn't realize it was only ten minutes before mine until maemuki brought it up. Explaining the hammer: I was under the impression that the vote would be carried all the way to the lynch, and so I obliged. Also, with the deadline closing in and the pace of the game, it seemed to me as if we probably wouldn't be able to lynch anybody if we didn't lynch Tehstefan.

On that whole Diakron deal, I was threatening to hammer, and when I did Raskol changed his vote to me, which was never explained.[/b]
Show

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Raskol »

CSL wrote:Well, I'm saying this. Diakron did not play well. His play is making me look really bad.

Why don't you start trying to make yourself look better, then?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 am

Raskol wrote:
CSL wrote:Well, I'm saying this. Diakron did not play well. His play is making me look really bad.

I guess that seems like too much work.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:01 am

Well, um :shock: . This is kind of weird. Del sent me a PM talking about the game. Is it legal to discuss the PM?
Show

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:14 am

Bub Bidderskins wrote:Well, um :shock: . This is kind of weird. Del sent me a PM talking about the game. Is it legal to discuss the PM?
No, PM the mod about what exactly was said and she'll work out what needs to happen.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Feeres »

It's also forbidden in the rules on the first page.
Rules wrote:1) The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only at night. If your role allows you to talk during night you will be given a link to a quicktopic discussion where you may do so.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by CSL »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Raskol wrote:

I guess that seems like too much work.
Agreed.

Yeah, an analysis post isn't going to work for me this early. I shall do so Day 3.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Raskol »

What makes you think you'll be alive day 3?
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 am

Post by starkmoon »

Sorry for not updating vote counts for a couple of days. Been hellishly busy organising moving house.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:35 am

Post by starkmoon »

CSL 2 Raskol, (Ferres)Del
skitzo
Bub Bidderskins 1 Maemuki
Ferres(Del) 2 Debonair Danny DiPietro, Bub Bidderskins
Raskol
Maemuki 1 Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro

Not Voting

CSL
skitzo
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Feeres »

CSL wrote:Yeah, an analysis post isn't going to work for me this early. I shall do so Day 3.
Alright, so if analysis isn't working for you this early, how about you tell me who do you think is scum and/or who would you lynch today?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:50 am

I really wish I could justify lynching CSL for sheer uselessness, but I can't.

Mod: It's been over a week since skitzo has posted last, prod/replace kthx
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:37 am

Hm, CSL is being really useless, and I feel as if Diakron never really seemed to be town from the start. I don't think it warrents a vote at this point, though, but
FoS: CSL
. I'll also
unvote
because Del's replacement seems to be helping the town. I don't want to vote for CSL at this time because I don't want an L-1 so early in the day.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:40 am

Care to explain your actions CSL?
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”