Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by DeathNote »

HERE!! So... what did I miss? Reading up now but I can tell I won't enjoy it. I see to many wall posts. :/
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm a little bit V/L/A, not for long. Times have been busy all of a sudden.
Can't fault a guy for that, I know how it is. Just want to see everyone jump into the game is all.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

T-chan is back~!
Now, I mentioned earlier that I found DeathNote most suspicious, but Pablo and havingfitz were making so much noise that I guess nobody noticed~ ^_^;

I think it's time for me to justify myself~!!

On D1, five of us thought OMGLyncher/Rayfrost was the scummiest scum ever and lynched him. Unfortunately, we were fools and OMGLyncher was actually town! T_T; I looked back on the voters to see if any of them seemed fake or unjustified...
Let's take a look at DeathNote~!

post 97
DeathNote wrote:@OMGLyncher- Lets see...
Contradiction of posts- check
Active Lurking- check
Admitted to being a good choice for lynch atm- check
Hmm, okay, so he finds OMGLyncher suspicious.... the post is nothing more than a regurgitation of previous arguments, but never mind! ^_^

post 112
DeathNote wrote:I thought I voted... Guess not

Vote: OMGLyncher
OMGLyncher is SO scummy that he gets a vote.

post 174
DeathNote wrote:Yes [RayFrost] still has the same role but OMG didn't give us anything to go off of for serious votes. He was simply the best option since he lacked the ability to defend himself.

Unvote
Now it seems that OMGLyncher wasn't actually scummy at all, and he was only voting him because
he couldn't defend himself.
(??)

post 210
DeathNote wrote:What? I was defending [RayFrost] to give them a chance to respond so they wouldn't get lynched right off for what appeared to be a nooby mistake.
OMGLyncher was only making a nooby mistake, now? o_O;

But in the end, DeathNote voted for, and ultimately ended up lynching a player who he clearly didn't believe to be scum!!

I'd like to know what kind of town play this is, but I'm inclined to believe that it's probably a scum play! ^_^

Supporting the "DeathNote is a HoRrIbLE ScUM" theory is! ^_^

1) He exhibits, to almost textbook perfection, the art of active lurking. T_T;; I challenge you to find some meaningful contribution in any of his posts so far... go on... >_>;;

2) He has wishy-washy voting patterns. On two occasions, he votes and then removes his vote (or vice versa) as soon as he is told... here and here.

Ya well.... ^_^ Here goes~!!

Vote: DeathNote
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Yeah, the timing of his unvote/vote on Ray was only about 2 hours. Didn't take long for him to put his vote back on.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

DeathNote has requested replacement.

Official Vote Count

Pablo Molinero - 1 (havingfitz)

DeathNote - 1 (Tororingu-chan)

Not Voting - 5 (Albert B. Rampage, DeathNote, Pablo Molinero, PaltryExcuse, ronnieroo)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, October 27.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Did he give a reason, VRK?
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

T-chan will be most displeased if he decides to only drop out of this game but not any of the other trillion games he's currently playing. =_=;

For some of us, this is the only game we're in!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:41 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Grumble-cloud. I have to say I was reading the case on DeathNote, thought we actually have a scum, and now I've learned he's disappearing. Less than happy. Hopefully nothing bad happened to DeathNote himself. I think now the replacement has a lot to answer for, (a completely unresponded case). If, as T-chan said, he does not leave his other games or at least go V/LA it's going to paint an ugly target on his back. I would also like to hear the reason why he is leaving.

@Ronnie: A return to the game would be nice.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:44 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Oh, just a warning, Thanksgiving this weekend, may be
V/LA from the 9th-12th of October
depending on time and computer access.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Oh, you and your wacky Canadian Thanksgiving.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

You people and your western holidays~~ ^_^;
We only get mid-autumn festival!
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I’m sorry guys, completely spaced about this game.

Anyways, My thoughts:

I think I’m going to wait and see how the case between Pablo and fitz rides out before posting any of my case. I find Pablo’s answers interesting, and need more time to analyze them, (to decide whether or not I should drop the case or add more to it), I’ll probably re-read the thread tomorrow, and make a decision.

Regarding post 250: I was making sure he had stated his whole case. I hate it when people start accusing me when I’m in the middle of trying to make a point.

Also, T-Chan I think that DeathNotes voting times are very interesting. Thank you for pointing those out. I went back to check up on his posts, and I noted that nothing was longer then 3 lines. I find this somewhat disturbing… A very good active lurker perhaps.

Ok, expect more content between tomorrow and Saturday night.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Who do you find more suspicious at the moment? Pablo or DeathNote? ^_^
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Welcome back, Ronnie!
Pablo Molinero wrote:Oh, you and your wacky Canadian Thanksgiving.
You're just jealous that I get turkey a month sooner than you do, hehe.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Pablo Molinero wrote:...

Did he give a reason, VRK?

His reason was that he forgot about this game and then was disappointed when, after being prodded, he only saw wall posts with little content.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

What ...
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:56 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I don't like that logic. If you want more action in a game you do something about it. I admit I was looking for more commentary, but it's equally possible that life just got in the way of things for some. I might have said more, but T-chan's lone post of 'What...' is kinda what I wanna get across.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

All right All right. When I get back from L/A next week, I will kick things back into gear a la Rampage. Very fun times ahead.

See you there.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Life got in the way? Well, apparently it didn't get in the way for his other games.... =_=;

Note: GMT+8
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

God, I can't tell if that's ultimately scummy or just shamefully lazy.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:35 am

Post by havingfitz »

Back from v/LA and bump for the sake of the illusion this game is still active.

Can not believe DeathNote has bailed. Without saying anything personal I think if you start something (especially with a group of other people) you should finish it.

This game is at a snail's pace and very hard to get good reads from so many inactive players or from players who add nothing, or both. I thought TC made some good points on DeathNote but I tend to lean towards DN being town.

I'm in the middle of a read through each players posts (talk about excitement there) and I will give my thoughts for the reading pleasure of the two or three others who appear to be playing this game.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Ok, I’m back, and here is my commentary (For the sake of keeping it a reasonable length, you guys get post numbers):

Post 64: Very obvious WIFOM from Pablo
Post 73: DeathNote accuses Lyncher of fading in the background and also openly admits that he did the same thing. I find that a little contradictory. Uses ‘everyone else is doing it’ as a reason for not posting. That’s not good strategy.
Post 94: Paltry votes for Havingfitz (Not really much of a reason stated). Looking at this now, I feel like it might be a trick to distance himself from fitz when the focus was clearly on OMGl.
Post 97: DeathNote basically goes, ‘Yep. Yep. Good point.’ I find that annoying and suspicious. Only thing no one had said before was that Fitz might be having trouble getting online.
Post 98: Palty unvotes Fitz the post after his vote was challenged. I find that midly scummy.
Post 101: DeathNote posts more stuff that’s already been stated. Also says he’s watching three people and doesn’t give reasons.
Post 102: I ask DeathNote to give reasons. (I NEVER got those reasons.) Seems like DeathNote may’ve just given three people so that we’d move on to looking at the cases on other people where reasons were given.
Post: 106: DeathNote says he will post more stuff tomorrow… never does.
Post 137: DeathNote once again goes, Yup good point, but never seems to post anything of his own. (Are you starting to see a pattern?)
Post 141: Fitz puts OMGl at L-1, admitting that scum could easily jump on the wagon and quick lynch him.
Post 142: Pablo Votes for Fitz, saying he doesn’t like having OMGl at L-1
Post 158: DeathNote posts more nonsense… still nothing useful.
Post 166: One line post basically saying do not lynch Ray (Note that his vote is still on Ray)
Post 174: DeathNote unvotes Ray.
Post 177: DeathNote puts his vote back on Ray. Seems like he should make up his mind.
Post 194: DeathNote posts more nonsense. Not one of his posts so far have had any content worth reading.
I’d like to note that Pablo also really hasn’t done much either.
Those are my comments/summary up to post 200. I will post the rest tomorrow. >_>
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

SCUM-O-METER!
(Boredom equals action!)

Hello and welcome to the first ever Summary-Read-Out ever done by yours truly.
Sure, the game has been slow. Sure, there’s little to go on. But, *insert positive comment here*. So there!

I figure I’d just take RayFrost’s set-up and update it giving my opinions at this point.
Let’s begin!

-]
Mafia-rific
[-
DeathNote/replacement
: At this point, the strongest case against anyone has got to be DeathNote. The point that struck the hardest was the fact that he seems to follow the club without asking any questions. He votes when everyone else is, unvotes when others seem to. That is the scariest part. As I said, actions speak louder than words, and his actions are not pro-town.

Pablo Molinero
: His very early behaviour was admittedly odd. Initially was lurking, then pushed for action when there was so little, and then went V/LA. Upon his return, after the lynch of Ray/OMG, pursued his case on havingfitz. Part of his case depended on the one fitz built on him, and overall that part was weak in my opinion. The other part consisted of his jumping on fitz for getting impatient in a game where Pablo himself claimed frustration at the lack of action. Backed off fitz later. His case on fitz held more backing then his defense, which seemed to be fitz-oriented anyways.

-]
The Middlers
[-
Albert B. Rampage
: Walked into the game with the null-tell character of Mafia_failure. The guy didn’t really do anything and then he left. Rampage, however, charged in with a Ronnie claim. Then pressured RayFrost for a role-claim any way he could. He said he’d sit back, which in an already inactive game can’t be the right idea. Said he thought T-chan has something to answer for, as to what that is we are still waiting for.

ronnieroo
: The only person who defended OMG. This fact is neither a scum/town tell. Still waiting for an anaylsis on… anything. Little action means little information. Hard to say either way.

-]
Townesque
[-
Tororingu-chan
: She did lead the lynch of OMG, but his behaviour for me was off the map scummy that I have trouble pointing any fingers towards her for that. Her case on DeathNote seems to be the most convincing at this point. However, if we lynch DeathNote and he turns town, I will looking firmly in her direction.

havingfitz
: The first day’s and second day’s actions have been pretty consistent. “I want this game to hurry up and do something.” His case on Pablo didn’t have as much punch as his defense. I could see where he was coming from. With me thinking Pablo is likely scum, my mind goes the opposite way with him.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Oh crap. Uh...

EBWOP: Ronnieroo started her case on Pablo while I am writing. More to post on her later.

Sorry Ronnie!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

So, um... is DeathNote going to be replaced?? @_@; I fear I won't have very much to add until then. T_T; Why is it all the people I think are scummy vanish/go off to mod another game?

By the way... I'd like to mention that I don't really like PBPAs... >_<;
It feels like targets are being painted on our backs for NKs! Usually, I think it's sufficient to post your top suspects! ^_^

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”