Mini 855: Colorless Rainbow Town (Halted for list mod error)

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

cruelty wrote:That's not what I said. Don't twist my words.

Claiming that you're pro-town because you noticed a lurker is, in my eyes, a null tell. That doesn't mean ignore them, it's just that it's to everyone's benefit to put heat on lurkers.

You're rapidly changing your mind, you're claiming pro-town activities when they're not anything of the sort, and you're twisting my words. It's all rather scummy. I'm not going to vote because of the Zeenon factor, but you're on notice.
I'd say withholding your vote is scummier than anything you've attacked me on. Seems that you don't want to take sides so you can leap on whatever the prevailing wagon is.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

Well that's just clutching at straws.

I would happily vote for you if it wasn't for the fact that I'm waiting on Zeenon to get back into the game. If you look at post 308, I have a question for Zeenon waiting to be answered - of course I'm not going to rashly vote for you. That would be premature and foolish.
the nexus of the crisis
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:04 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

cruelty wrote:Well that's just clutching at straws.

I would happily vote for you if it wasn't for the fact that I'm waiting on Zeenon to get back into the game. If you look at post 308, I have a question for Zeenon waiting to be answered - of course I'm not going to rashly vote for you. That would be premature and foolish.
Then it stands to reason your argument against me is premature and foolish.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 am

Post by cruelty »

Again, nope.

But explain that. How does waiting for
Zeenon
make my argument against
you
premature and foolish?

(If anyone else wants to weigh in, feel free).
the nexus of the crisis
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:29 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

MonkeyMan576 2:
Chinaman (285), Dizzle (316)
Scien 1:
ZEEnon (302)
ZEEnon 3:
Fuzzyman (100), Scien (297), MonkeyMan576 (300)

Not voting: Hero764, Skruffs, dvx, cruelty

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

cruelty wrote:Again, nope.

Zeenon
make my argument against
you
premature and foolish?

cruelty wrote:Again, nope.

Zeenon
make my argument against
you
premature and foolish?

It just looks like you're trying to play both sides without having to take a stance, so that whichever side benefits you more later on you can take advantage of, rather than having an actual argument.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I don't really have anything right now either. Waiting on Zee and d3x to post.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Bad news: I had my computer die. Good news: I have an alternate computer available.

Just FYI in case I'm on a little less.

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Scien »

StrangerCoug wrote:Bad news: I had my computer die.
Bad news: This thread is a curse for mods. Good news: Apparently the players are making it through ok.

Hehe.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by cruelty »

Scien wrote:Apparently the players are making it through ok.

Except, conveniently, the one we're all waiting to hear from...
the nexus of the crisis
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Scien »

Deadline is tomorrow unless we get an extension. We will no lynch if there is no majority. We need a lynch.

Request deadline extension

Revote: Zee

I was voting to pressure you to talk. I know you have comp problems, but we need all the help we can get. And the silence is not helpful no matter what the cause.

Not to mention I think your positions were inconsistent before, hence the questions to you.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Chinaman »

Seems as though this game has gotten a little stagnant. Those voting Zee, what are you reasons? What is your case on him. I will go back through and review my case of MM as you are doing that. We need to continue on without ZEE. Waiting on him to post content can only hurt town w/e his alignment. (plus it's really effing boring :wink: )

Jason, your last post just struck me as sorta odd. I'll quote it
Jason wrote: Didnt expect Modkill... but at least one scum is down.

I actually agree with Fuzzy here as I have experienced many times that the first one to point out or make the case is usually a scum partner trying to score town points when it comes to a lynch.

I am also interested in the 'town read on Fuzzy' more than anything now.. it presents an interesting set of scenarios.

Was Rai trying to cosy up to Fuzzy? as Ria as scum would have already known that Fuzzy was town given scum get told their partners in their PM

or

Did he know Fuzzy was his scum partner and trying to send us of the scent on any future lynches because scum had a town read on someone?

I have played with scum Fuzzy, though not town fuzzy, and not sure that what I have to go is of any use but I know scum fuzzy was alot more active and productive. Given he has only made 9 posts here.
It bothers me because you didn't actually accomplish anything with it other than "hooray, scum down". I mean, you give us that you agree it could be a bus, but you don't say you think it is or isn't one. You are "interested" in something, but don't have any specific questions about it. You follow that up with WIFOM, and end with telling us that you have played with scum Fuzzy, but there isn't enough to go on for it to be of any use.

So all in all, nothing productive that I can see. That was 3 days ago. Can you let us know what you are thinking now? Get this game going again.

Another thing that struck me odd as I was ISO'ing Jason, was this
d3x wrote:Mod- Has hero responded to his prod? Also, jason said he'd be back by yesterday morning. Can we get a prod on him, please?

@all- I'll hopefully be able to post more on pertinent discussion later this afternoon. I'm still confident with my read/Vote on Raivann.
Yet he was back 2 days ago and hasn't said anything besides he's back. Why were you so quick to ask for a prod on Jason the next day after he was to be back, yet you yourself have posted nothing of merit since your return 2 days ago? Are you caught up in this game?
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 am

Post by d3x »

CM wrote:you caught up in this game?
Briefly? No, I'm about 4 pages behind. I finished up 2 other games yesterday {both Town wins, yay!} and have caught up to a 70+ page game. Due to the walls of posting, I'm getting back into this one a bit slower. Trust me, you'll know when I'm caught up. Also...
Why were you so quick to ask for a prod on Jason the next day after he was to be back, yet you yourself have posted nothing of merit since your return 2 days ago?
jason had posted once in this game before posting his V/LA due to emergency. My haste to prod him was to make sure that he wouldn't be lurking through the game as Hero, Sweep, and Fuzzy {to a lesser extent} had been doing.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Scien wrote:
Request deadline extension
Low activity, and I need to prod some people, so granted. It's now
the 10th
changed my mind to the 12th at 6:00 PM MDT.

...Ah, I'll prod everybody.

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by d3x »

Thank you, prod.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by d3x »

And as promised, you'd all know when I was caught up.

Ok, first things first.
Mod- You're prodding everyone, so I don't have to request that, however, are we replacing Hero? He hasn't posted since... well, since before the 1st Mod said he was going to let you handle replacing him.

Second-
Vote:MM
The short version is I don't like the tendency you've shown for doing something and then saying that it's proTown. Let the Town decide what is and isn't proTown. I'm almost at a Null Tell on this because it'd be ridiculous to be that obvious, but that dips a bit too much into WIFOM for my taste. The long version will have to wait for the moment, I'd rather get some discussion going first.

Third- It's great that we got this extension, but we need to make the most out of it. We're still only 5 days away from deadline. Let's kick the tires and light the fires, ladies!

GTKAS - d3x
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

d3x wrote:And as promised, you'd all know when I was caught up.

Ok, first things first.
Mod- You're prodding everyone, so I don't have to request that, however, are we replacing Hero? He hasn't posted since... well, since before the 1st Mod said he was going to let you handle replacing him.

Second-
Vote:MM
The short version is I don't like the tendency you've shown for doing something and then saying that it's proTown. Let the Town decide what is and isn't proTown. I'm almost at a Null Tell on this because it'd be ridiculous to be that obvious, but that dips a bit too much into WIFOM for my taste. The long version will have to wait for the moment, I'd rather get some discussion going first.

Third- It's great that we got this extension, but we need to make the most out of it. We're still only 5 days away from deadline. Let's kick the tires and light the fires, ladies!
I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out something as being pro-town if someone is attacking you. It is suspicious if you are just doing it out of thin air.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by d3x »

I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out something as being pro-town if someone is attacking you. It is suspicious if you are just doing it out of thin air.
Well, I agree with you there. I guess the difference in opinion is that I feel like you
are
doing it out of thin air. It's not like someone is listing your moves as Scum Tells and you're arguing that they're clearly proTown. Take the most recent instance. Dizzle asked why you Voted ZEE. Your response was...
I recognized him as lurking, and bringing out lurkers is pro-town.
I wouldn't have a problem if you had said you were suspicious because he was an obvLurker. That's not what you said, though. You said, 'He's an obvLurker and me pointing it out is obvTown'. {<- obvSummary ;)}

Ultimately, it reads to me like you're trying
awfully
hard to seem proTown.

GTKAS - d3x
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

d3x wrote:
I'm seriously considering that. If he doesn't post before 5:18 PM MDT on the 9th, he's being replaced, and that's the
LATEST

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by d3x »

I'm seriously considering that. If he doesn't post before 5:18 PM MDT on the 9th, he's being replaced, and that's the LATEST.
Mod- Not to push you, but he hasn't posted in game a single time. I just checked.

GTKAS - d3x
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

d3x wrote:
Well, I agree with you there. I guess the difference in opinion is that I feel like you
are
doing it out of thin air. It's not like someone is listing your moves as Scum Tells and you're arguing that they're clearly proTown. Take the most recent instance. Dizzle asked why you Voted ZEE. Your response was...
I recognized him as lurking, and bringing out lurkers is pro-town.
I wouldn't have a problem if you had said you were suspicious because he was an obvLurker. That's not what you said, though. You said, 'He's an obvLurker and me pointing it out is obvTown'. {<- obvSummary ;)}

Ultimately, it reads to me like you're trying
awfully
hard to seem proTown.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Seems an awful lot like WIFOM to me. I think it's natural to want to seem pro-town when someone is attacking you. It would be one thing if I was just going after lurkers, but I was also attacking Raivann, who was not exactly lurking.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by cruelty »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out something as being pro-town if someone is attacking you. It is suspicious if you are just doing it out of thin air.

You're not even being pro-town.

Also, answer this.
cruelty wrote:the quality of most of the players left in this game has gone down considerably, you'd think they'd still be just as susceptible to naders

And also tell me exactly how your original response to this (quoted here)
MM wrote:It just looks like you're trying to play both sides without having to take a stance, so that whichever side benefits you more later on you can take advantage of, rather than having an actual argument.
isn't
a) avoiding my question.
b) OMGUS.

MM wrote: I think it's natural to want to seem pro-town when someone is attacking you.
You're artificially trying to create a pro-town persona for yourself. Pointing out lurkers isnt pro-town in and of itself, pointing out that you're doing so and are therefore pro-town is just scummy.
the nexus of the crisis
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by d3x »

I think it's natural to want to seem pro-town when someone is attacking you.
Again, I don't believe you were being attacked on that point. In the above example, Dizzle was just asking you why you Voted ZEE. Aside from that, wanting to seem proTown and blatantly calling your own play proTown are 2 very different things.

As to you 'attacking' Raivann, you clearly said that you wanted your Vote on Raivann to be 'on record'. It's never really sat well with me, but it got dropped for want of jucier conversation after a few posts. Your p200 reads exactly like the 'bringing out lurkers is proTown' comment. It doesn't help the fact that you end p200 by saying you'd be ok taking your Vote off if the Town didn't want it there.

It feels like you're trying to appease us and tell us why you're proTown instead of showing us. Oh, and you did say...
I already FOS'd him(for avoiding questions, and for calling someone pro-town after only 2 posts, if anything the lack of posting is
lurking
, and anti-town)
{emphasis mine} This wasn't
that
long ago, so I'd be careful saying that he wasn't exactly lurking when it was clearly a reason for you to start in on him.

GTKAS - d3x
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Everyone, I am at another place with COMPUTER ACCESS! I will post tonight for sure.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

cruelty wrote: Also, answer this.
cruelty wrote:the quality of most of the players left in this game has gone down considerably, you'd think they'd still be just as susceptible to naders

And also tell me exactly how your original response to this (quoted here)
MM wrote:It just looks like you're trying to play both sides without having to take a stance, so that whichever side benefits you more later on you can take advantage of, rather than having an actual argument.
isn't
a) avoiding my question.
b) OMGUS.

MM wrote: I think it's natural to want to seem pro-town when someone is attacking you.
You're artificially trying to create a pro-town persona for yourself. Pointing out lurkers isnt pro-town in and of itself, pointing out that you're doing so and are therefore pro-town is just scummy.
Because it's a valid point. OMGUS is thrown around an awful lot and people don't understand what OMGUS really is, which is voting someone after they vote you and not providing a reason.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”