Mini 843- The Fast and the Furious Mafia! (Over-Mod Error)

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:53 am

Post by MordyS »

(Not to mention, sorry for the doublepost, that killing your neighbor crippled one of your abilities. It would be a pretty ballsy scum move to cripple yourself just to make yourself look townie through the neighbor confirmation.)
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

I can't wait for endgame for my alignment to be proven and for you guys to see that I am really town.

I wish I had someone who actually dedicated his time to the game so we could have actually used our ability. It's the reason I wanted to replace out because I feel like I'm being punished because he never showed up to the QT last night.

I wouldn't be surprised though if I am the NK tonight. Even though basically now, I'm just a vanilla townie.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

if people are going to hold my voting pattern against me, then it logically follows that my unvoting pattern also be taken into account. i haven't really camped my vote anywhere to threaten lynch until my recent revote of tjoe. i find jere's calling me out for "bandwagon" to be entirely one-sided analysis of my play. do i just come off as scum regardless of how hard i try to help? this is depressing.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

I have a question for everyone. How did you feel about rolandgarros before he was replaced by Jere? And how do you feel about Jere?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

... I'm saying I think you're TOWN starbuck.

RG didn't say a lot. Neither has Jere. I dont like it, but I like other things less.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ what do you like least? is it shadowknight?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:53 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yep. By a decent margin.
Show

Proud member of BaM
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by JereIC »

MordyS wrote:(Not to mention, sorry for the doublepost, that killing your neighbor crippled one of your abilities. It would be a pretty ballsy scum move to cripple yourself just to make yourself look townie through the neighbor confirmation.)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but she's the one who said she and Doombunny had a tracker ability. She's also the one who said he didn't show up to their QuickTopic, thus wasting that ability. Why do you trust her to tell the truth about that?
SpyreX wrote:RG didn't say a lot. Neither has Jere. I dont like it, but I like other things less.
That's one of my chronic failings, due both style and time. I like to make my posts short and to the point until I'm ready to lay out a case against someone, and I also don't have a lot of time to post.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by MordyS »

Presumably nightkilling your neighbor, no matter what the particulars of your ability, cripples that ability. I don't "trust her" to tell the truth on their tracker ability, but I believe that they were actually neighbors.

Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

SpyreX wrote:... I'm saying I think you're TOWN starbuck.

RG didn't say a lot. Neither has Jere. I dont like it, but I like other things less.
what do you think about JereiC? TOWN or SCUM?
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by don_johnson »

interesting fact: doombunny posted v/la notice that he would not be around through 9/29. probably why he didn't show up to the QT. funny that noone has noticed that.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Shadow Knight »

The case on DJ is as follows:

1- his second post of the game is the 3rd vote on boxman. In that post, he basically barns Mordy whose only reason for voting boxman was "let's get things moving." He then tacks on a convoluted case as to why boxman is scummier than doombunny which reads like scum trying to justify a vote.

2- After letting boxman get interrogated by Faraday and others for a page and a half, Dj comes back and asks him to clarify what he means by semi-random. Boxman answers and DJ comes back to say he finds the answer satisfactory (bosman said it was semi random because he didn't actually use a random number generator). Post just feels weird. After dropping a 3rd vote on someone and actually posting reasons why (meaning it wasn't just a bandwagon-y vote), you unvoted after just one question of your own.

3- Disappears for a while, cites school, but pops back in when someone mentions that he's lurking to agree with the case on starbuck and throw some dirt on doombunny.

4- Disappears again until Spyre shows up and votes me. Asks me who I think is scum. Disappears again until Faraday asks him to update his scum list. Says he will update soon. Disappears *again* until animorph Fos's him. Comes back and asks ani to expand on his FOS reasoning and tells doombunny "i'll post when i get the chance. if anyone has questions for me or wants my opinion on something they can address me directly." Which is now kinda funny as I'm pretty sure part of the case against me is that I didn't comment on some things and had to be asked direct questions.

5- Finally shows up again after my wall-o-text and votes.... animorph?

6- after Spyre says that he things either ani or doom is scum, he posts this:
dj wrote:is it an either/or for you? if so, what's the reason? currently ani seems the worse of it, but i certainly agree with the scum read on doom.
Which to me reads: "I think both are scummy but ani is more so."

7- Mordy dips into meta on DJ a bit and asks why he's much lurkier this game than the last game they played together where DJ was town and Mordy was scum. I find the response to be highy interesting. I've bolded the best part.
dj wrote:mostly rl time constraints. also,
i try to play differently in each game to a certain extent to avoid "meta" references. but no, no real particular reason.
things seem to be humming along without me and the quote walls are a bit over the top.
This is a big blip on the scumdar. Meta is meta. I've yet to see anyone reliably change their play *every* game.
dj wrote:ani vote is more or less because of his reaction to my "does someone want to garner my vote?" post.
i don't think i've played scummy, but the fact that he didn't question me on my motives(as you just have) seemed like a scum reaction.

at this point i am seriously considering switching to doombunny as his play just seems consistently "soft". can't think of a better way to describe it, but he seems to be avoiding any sort of conflict.
Again, I bolded the parts that stuck out to me. What townie worries about playing scummy? And ani is scummy because he *didn't* attack you, but I'm scummy because I *did*?

The next bit is just odd because over pages 11 and 12, he seems to throw dirt on ani, doom, and mordy. and post 296 is just wrong. I've never liked tattletales IRL and that post screams scum trying to get a free kill via modkill.

___Thus ends day 1 ____

Day 2 opens with DJ sayint Spyre must be scum due to not being nightkilled and asking Apyre who he thinks is scum.

So far today, DJ has been suspicious of Starbuck, Tjoe, Mordy, and me with this last post that screams barning and blew up my scumdar.
don_johnson wrote:unvote, vote SK

yeah,
what spyrex said
. he's really good at scumhunting. i will be enormously surprised if he survives too many more nights. i don't really get the starbuck/don pairing. she claimed neighbor. theres no reason to be suspicious of that at this point. there are others who are not suspicious of her as well. are they her scumpartners?
The bolding is his reason for voting me. This is the first time he's even mentioned me all day 2, so Spyre must have had an AWESOME case posted, right? Here it is.
SpyreX wrote:So the Neutral Survivor flip means nothing and I get to assume he was telling the truth and we're down a PR from that and last night.

Which also means I was balls out wrong on my call with them. Awesome.

Unvote, Vote: SK

Tjoe seems far too transparent. I'm not buying it.

However, not buying this, still.
Does anyone else see something wrong here??

And everything he's said since then has been barning Spyre. So if I *am* lynched today, he sets up Spyre to be the fallguy tomorrow because I'm betting money that *somehow* the scum will leave Spyre alone tonight.

confirm
vote DJ
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Boxman »

I figured he might have been on V/LA - he had been active prior to that.

@Tjoe: I was focusing on the targets SpyreX pointed at in his post. I'd put dj at about 3 or 4 on my suspicions.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Shadow Knight »

EBWODP- and if no one has noticed, I beg you to go back and look at how often DJ asks others who they think is scum without putting forth his own thoughts. He is scum and if you all can't see that, then we deserve to lose this game.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Shadow Knight wrote:The case on DJ is as follows:
this should be good.
shadowblaster wrote:1- his second post of the game is the 3rd vote on boxman. In that post, he basically barns Mordy whose only reason for voting boxman was "let's get things moving." He then tacks on a convoluted case as to why boxman is scummier than doombunny which reads like scum trying to justify a vote.
lol. talk about "convoluted".
pieman wrote:2- After letting boxman get interrogated by Faraday and others for a page and a half, Dj comes back and asks him to clarify what he means by semi-random. Boxman answers and DJ comes back to say he finds the answer satisfactory (bosman said it was semi random because he didn't actually use a random number generator).
Post just feels weird.
After dropping a 3rd vote on someone and actually posting reasons why (meaning it wasn't just a bandwagon-y vote), you unvoted after just one question of your own.
i happened to agree with box. this kind of doesn't support your number 1. if i was going to come up with a convoluted justification for a vote, why on earth would i unvote after one question of my own.
shadowboxer wrote:3- Disappears for a while, cites school, but pops back in when someone mentions that he's lurking to agree with the case on starbuck and throw some dirt on doombunny.
yes. i attend school. the first month was quite busy. any evidence in regards to "dirt"?
shabaz wrote:4- Disappears again until Spyre shows up and votes me. Asks me who I think is scum. Disappears again until Faraday asks him to update his scum list. Says he will update soon. Disappears *again* until animorph Fos's him. Comes back and asks ani to expand on his FOS reasoning and tells doombunny "i'll post when i get the chance. if anyone has questions for me or wants my opinion on something they can address me directly." Which is now kinda funny as I'm pretty sure part of the case against me is that I didn't comment on some things and had to be asked direct questions.
again, you have this wrong. the case on you was because you avoided your interrogator and instead attacked the captain's parrot.
shadowcollegiate wrote:5- Finally shows up again after my wall-o-text and votes.... animorph?
you are forgetting this:
dj wrote:ani vote is more or less because of his reaction to my "does someone want to garner my vote?" post. i don't think i've played scummy, but the fact that he didn't question me on my motives(as you just have) seemed like a scum reaction.

shazaam wrote:6- after Spyre says that he things either ani or doom is scum, he posts this:
dj wrote:is it an either/or for you? if so, what's the reason? currently ani seems the worse of it, but i certainly agree with the scum read on doom.
Which to me reads: "I think both are scummy but ani is more so."
no. read me in iso. i believe i was actually leaning towards doom.

*snipped*
shadonkadonk wrote:This is a big blip on the scumdar. Meta is meta. I've yet to see anyone reliably change their play *every* game.
read my meta, jackass. you can't make this statement and use it as evidence if you're not going to back it up in regards to me.
einstein wrote:Again, I bolded the parts that stuck out to me. What townie worries about playing scummy?
obviously not me.
sherlock wrote:And ani is scummy because he *didn't* attack you, but I'm scummy because I *did*?
false dichotomy here. ani didn't attack me when i popped in with a vague question. you attacked me when you should have been responding to spyrex. apples to oranges here.
moustafa wrote:The next bit is just odd because over pages 11 and 12, he seems to throw dirt on ani, doom, and mordy. and post 296 is just wrong. I've never liked tattletales IRL and that post screams scum trying to get a free kill via modkill.
maintaining the game state is all players responsibility. ani broke the rules, nothing wrong with a modkill. not the first time i have utilized the modkill to garner information. unfortunately, in this case it backfired. are you sure ani was even town? he claimed doctor. odds of lynching the doctor on day1 are less than lynching scum.

shadonka wrote:Day 2 opens with DJ sayint Spyre must be scum due to not being nightkilled and asking Apyre who he thinks is scum.
running joke. though statistics support my theory.
shadowkniggit wrote:So far today, DJ has been suspicious of Starbuck, Tjoe, Mordy, and me with this last post that screams barning and blew up my scumdar.
so presenting factual evidence is "barning"? i am unfamiliar with the term. do you disagree with my statement? i don't think i am even voting starbuck, and for part of the day i have been defending her.
running out of jokes wrote:
don_johnson wrote:unvote, vote SK

yeah,
what spyrex said
. he's really good at scumhunting. i will be enormously surprised if he survives too many more nights. i don't really get the starbuck/don pairing. she claimed neighbor. theres no reason to be suspicious of that at this point. there are others who are not suspicious of her as well. are they her scumpartners?
The bolding is his reason for voting me. This is the first time he's even mentioned me all day 2, so Spyre must have had an AWESOME case posted, right? Here it is.
SpyreX wrote:So the Neutral Survivor flip means nothing and I get to assume he was telling the truth and we're down a PR from that and last night.

Which also means I was balls out wrong on my call with them. Awesome.

Unvote, Vote: SK

Tjoe seems far too transparent. I'm not buying it.

However, not buying this, still
bolded and underlined is why you are being lynched. this is not the case against you. this is an extension of his earlier case to which you have not responded.

day2 lynch wrote:Does anyone else see something wrong here??
yes, we should have lynched you already.

unvote, vote shadow knight

i'm not as stupid as i look. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by MordyS »

V/LA, hopefully for the last time for a bit, till next Monday. Last holiday of the season.

(SK, I buy your case on DJ. You illuminated a lot of stuff that's been bothering me. I'm curious what other people think of the case.)

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

^^ is this considered "barning"?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Mmmm delicious defeatism.

Yea, I'm (shock) not buying it. SK is for victory.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

@SpyreX : lol.....what do you think about JereiC?

can you sort SK, DJ, boxman, Mordys, and JereiC based on their scummy behaviour?
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 am

Post by Faraday »

Starbuck wrote:I can't wait for endgame for my alignment to be proven and for you guys to see that I am really town.

I wish I had someone who actually dedicated his time to the game so we could have actually used our ability. It's the reason I wanted to replace out because I feel like I'm being punished because he never showed up to the QT last night.

I wouldn't be surprised though if I am the NK tonight. Even though basically now, I'm just a vanilla townie.
You don't have to keep re-asserting you're town. It's actually really pointless, as you know, it changes no one's opinion of you. Srsly.

As for DJ/SK, well Dj's funnies aside, I feel there are some valid points made.
He's basically following w/e SpyreX does after saying he found it odd he wasn't nightkilled.
running joke. though statistics support my theory.
Yo, Dj. Does this mean you weren't serious? It certaintly came across as serious.

MordyS is lookin' more likely scum to me, though I can't really place why, I do trust my gut. Still don't like the not knowing about no vanilla, to me, that seems something scum are more likely to slip up on,. tho there is no factual evidence to back that up.

Tjoe is OBV town. SpyreX looks town to me too.

JereIC replaced Roland? Who was actually moderately scummy, I think. Though I could be confusing him w/ someone else who replaced out. Lemme go check, actually.

Jere probably needs to be a little more involved.

Vote count would be handy, too plz mod.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 am

Post by Faraday »

Actually confused Roland w/ Ross in my head it seems, roland looked town to me.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:25 am

Post by Faraday »

afatchic wrote:
VoteCount!

TJoe Min Ja-(1)- Starbuck,
DonJohnson-(2)- Tjoe Min Ja, Faraday
Shadow Knight-(2)- SpyerX, Boxman,Don_Johnson
MordyS-(1)- JereIC
Boxman-(1)- MordyS

Not Voting-(1)- Shadow Knight
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is set for Monday, October 19th @11:59 p.m.
Is that a correct vote-count. Changed DON'S VOTE.

Might have missed a few others.

Is Starbuck actually still voting Tjoe? Why? (if you are?)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:20 am

Post by don_johnson »

faraday wrote:Yo, Dj. Does this mean you weren't serious? It certaintly came across as serious.
semiserious, semijoke. it will be more serious if he is alive tomorrow. read day1 of streets of verone for the stats. i am not going to regurgitate them here.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Starbuck »

I just haven't moved my vote yet. I'm doing some re-reading.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

Exactly how is it defeatism to post a case on someone you think is scum? The only part of my post that comes *close* to defeatism is the if I get lynched, we deserve to lose bit and that's just a statement of fact. I'm not giving up by any means.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”