Newbie 853 (Endgame, Mafia win!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by geekalicious »

/confirm
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Alright, I posed this question at the beginning of my last game to good effect in generating discussion, so let's try it here:

@all What's your policy on lynching lurkers?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by geekalicious »

DTMaster wrote:That said if someone is actively lurking, that is a different story (he is online posting in the game, but not posting content). If it's lylo it's also frowned upon. In any case the content of the posts are much more telling then anything.
Hm, I tend to like to bring up the issue of lurking since in my first game here, the town was in lylo and then the town (which I was apart of) proceeded to lose the game partially because the town players were lurking (in the sense of just not posting, not content lurking) while the scum players were actually more active in talking. So, overall, I find lurking to be hurtful to the town but not necesarilly indicative of who actually is the scum.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:08 am

Post by geekalicious »

Far_Cry wrote:By the way, vote geekalicious. Why bring the idea of lurking in the RVS (Random Voting Stage)?
I don't random vote during the random voting phase as a personal rule, so instead, I like to post a question to generate discussion.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Concerned wrote:If you had told me you just stretched for a reason to randomly vote DTMaster and came up with something silly, I would be more inclined to believe it. It just seems like something you made up. An attempt to cover tracks which you didn't even leave.
This particular quote is striking me as scummy. You're grasping at straws here and even admitting it in the same post!

Vendelwalker, I note that you say Concerned's vote against you seems serious whereas yours was just to get conversation started. However, you didn't use use a silly random voting reason to support your vote. You accused DTMaster of trying to start a bandwagon against LolIMadeAnAccount, so what makes your vote non-serious?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by geekalicious »

DTMaster wrote:@Vendel
If a speed lynch did go through it's much more useful to the town regardless if it's a mislynch. We would know there were scum on that wagon and really cuts the suspects down.
Any situation that quickly leads to lynching an innocent town is never useful enough to be justified. You're basically advocating speed lynching.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Concerned wrote:Firstly my vote against vendel is obviously not serious, the very idea that I would have enough information after such a little bit of time to make a serious accusation is ridiculous. I was trying to pressure him for information and I think in doing so more information is now available to the town.
Your vote on Vendelmaster was not obviously unserious. You specifically cited faulty logic on the part of Vendelmaster for causing it, and now you seem to be backtracking from the seriousness of the vote now that you're being questioned. Oh, and Concerned, would you mind getting an avatar? It'll make it easier for me to find your posts.

LolIMadeAnAccount, why are you voting for yourself...?

And I am starting to get perturbed that Ezekial and Team_Aether haven't even posted yet. For all we know, the scum team hasn't even been on the board.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Sorry, meant "Vendelwalker", not "VendelMaster" in the above posts.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

Post by geekalicious »

Ezekial wrote:Well im sorry new to this I had to friends get me into this, and to be honest i dont know anything.
Hey, that's alright. If you're confused about the game, then I recommend you go to the wiki. I'd recommend the newbie guide (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... wbie_Guide) and the guide on scum hunting (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... ding_mafia). As you go through the game and come up on unfamiliar terminology, you can also check the wiki for that. Sometimes, I just like to go through random pages. Also, just go through and read old games. It's terribly helpful.
brothernature wrote:You guys sure are the lurkative bunch, aren't ya? Or am I just in a different time zone than y'all?
Hello brothernature, and welcome to the game. Yeah, I've noted the general lack of activity too. What's your perspective on what's happened in the game so far?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 am

Post by geekalicious »

cruelty wrote:This game stagnated extremely quickly.

unvote
vote: geekalicious
...why?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Your vote bothers me, cruelty, because you don't have any real reasoning, and we're definitely past the random voting phase. However, brothernature's/ lolimadeanaccount's bothers me more since it places me at L-2 for the sake of bandwagoning. brothernature, is there any reason for you voting against me?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Mod,
you have the vote count on me listed as one... it's two.

Fix'd

Lizzy Tsoi wrote:Geekalicious, you may want to consider changing your RVS question at the beginning of games. As Far_Cry brought up, this particular question feels a bit off. It could be an easy way for scum to gauge how likely people will keep alive lurkers who hurt town and whether or not a lurker kill would actually be profitable for scum.
Hm, welcome to the game, and point taken. I'll keep that in consideration for my next game.

I've decided to look closer at lolimadeanaccount/brothernature.

Post 39: Puts vote out on self, putting brothernature at L-2. Very questionable.
Post 62: Puts vote on me for no apparent reason. When questioned in responds with post 66 where he says he was testing me for over-reaction, a questionable scum indicator at best. Also has yet to unvote me post reaction even though he said I reacted as a townie likely would.
Post 68: Admits voting for me because I was the only one he could put at L-2, a scummy action basically being followed by a scummy explanation.

I would vote for brothernature at this point. However, at L-2 with Concerned's vote on him, I want to give him a chance to get to a proper keyboard and post more explanation.
Concerned wrote:
Vote : brothernature

Everyone's too afraid to be the third vote on the wagon. When everyone knows the scumtells they lose their meaning.
I don't quite understand your justification of your vote. What about scumtells losing their meaning...?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:12 am

Post by geekalicious »

Vendelwalker wrote:But do they? I really have to wonder if it's true
In fact, it makes me wonder about you
You follow DTMaster in his doubts against Concerned
And now you follow also in wishing Loli to get burned

You and Master seem like quite a pair, don't you think?
Maybe one with a Mafia's scummy stink!
What do you say, are you a goon or not?
I suspect you now, even if your avatar is hot
Vendelwalker, in another life away from the board I'm a poet, but just.... form of no. Just no....

And what point exactly did you want a reply on in your post 73?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 am

Post by geekalicious »

I did not twist your words around on you, brothernature. As far as post 39 is concerned, yes, I did note your response later on down the page. That's why I said that your action was "questionable" rather than "scummy".

Additionally, in response to that particular post, how is drawing attention to yourself in a way that could be intrepreted as scummy useful? If you're town, then you shouldn't want distracting attention drawn to yourself that takes away from actual scum hunting.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:09 am

Post by geekalicious »

brothernature wrote:
Geek wrote:Additionally, in response to that particular post, how is drawing attention to yourself in a way that could be intrepreted as scummy useful? If you're town, then you shouldn't want distracting attention drawn to yourself that takes away from actual scum hunting.
Well, first, I would like to say this: Why would I want to draw attention to myself if I were scum? Scum's goal is too stay under the radar, and a self-vote like that would be sure to draw the attention of everyone in the game. Secondly, I was trying to create discussion. Vendel and Concerned had been there arguing for a page and a half. Rather than allow them to spam up the next 3 pages, I wanted to try and create some discussion in the form of a self vote. And it sorta kinda worked. We got maybe 3 or 4 posts on it.
The above speculation is WIFOM. If scum always laid low and didn't draw attention to themselves, then conventional tells would be meaningless. Additionally, why were you trying to disrupt the discussion between Vendelwalker and Concerned to begin with? Potentially trying to create a diversion away from a scum buddy?

As promised,
vote: brothernature
. That's L-1, right? Claiming time.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:05 am

Post by geekalicious »

Ah,
mod
, I just noted on your vote count that you still have Team Aether available as someone that could have been voted for though you do put the replacment Lizzy Tsoi in the not voting category. See what I'm getting at?

Understood and fix'd.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Vendelwalker wrote:Let's see what Lizzy says; I suppose she will vote for Loli, but if she doesn't I would suggest a compromise, in picking Far_Cry or Ezekial. Chances that they would be scum are pretty much as good as for anybody else, in my eyes.
Why are you suggesting lynching player slots that we don't even have any real information on at the moment as being just as good as anybody?

Moving on, I'm not sure what to feel about brothernature's cop claim at the moment. For scum on day 1, claiming cop would be rather risky since, using the inverse of what Concerned said, there is a 50% chance of there being a cop, though, similarly he could just be trying to ferret out the cop role for his partner. I need time to mentally sort the possibilities out, so at the moment,
unvote
so that no one comes in and hammers when we're still ~15 days away from our deadline and have plenty of time to discuss/ hear what our currently inactive player slots have to say on the matter.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by geekalicious »

But Vendelwalker, when you lynch a player that's been silent to the point that the slot probably needs to be replaced from the beginning of the game, then you're really just shooting in the dark. Now, if the player has been actively just posting the minimum to stay in the game, then there's good cause for suspicion there. But the sort of silence exhibited by Far_Cry and Ezekial really doesn't fit into that catgeory.

The fact brothernature has gone surly and self voted when he could be a power role is just irritating...
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Wait, with Vendelwalker's vote on brothernature now, isn't he lynched anyway? I think that means he officially hit 5 votes. So discussion of the matter could be somewhat moot now.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by geekalicious »

You're lynched, and you say that you weren't joking about your claim.... Then, why why why did you self-vote yourself, brothernature, when I specifically took my vote off of you to give you a chance to defend yourself without being at L-1 and at risk of being hammered?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Concerned, why do you keep saying, if he's the "doc" when he claimed cop?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by geekalicious »

If you're part of a scum team that has a mafia roleblocker and you know the cop has just been lynched, then you similarly know that there must be a doctor present; therefore, you could be slipping and making reference to the prescence of that role.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”