dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:05 am

Post by dramonic »

Gawd the arguing around here is so very pointless. Who cares about SW's syntax?

Competing bandwagons are fairly protown in my opinion, however this isn't a competing bandwagon, it's hysteric tunneling from both SW and Saberwolf. Stop ripping each other's hair out and get in the game (hypocrite, right?)

As for me, I need to do a thorough reread
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:06 am

Post by MrSuave »

SolemnJ wrote:I have a little problem finding time to post, but I promise not to let you people down.

I'll have my beliefs by the end of tomorrow morning.
2 hours left before your promise of some kind of contribution to the game is broken. If that is the case, I will gladly vote you to get rid of a lurker =D. And slightly off topic, I always hated lurker cannons =__= always screwed up my lings D=
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Max »

Wicked's Unvote of 139 Is an infraction of rule 4

Votes Count

5 Votes:
BloodCovenent (Mufasa, Lowell, EtherealCookie, DeathNote, Sanjay)
Snow White (BloodConvenent, My Milked Eek, saberwolf, AlmightyBob, MrSuave)

2 Votes:
saberwolf (Snow White, Wickedestjr)
SolemnJ (SolemnJ, nook)

1 Vote:
Sanjay (dramonic)
Lowell (Santos)

Self Voters
RealityFan, (Replacement of) StumpyTheElephantMan

0 Votes:
EtherealCookie, My Milked Eek, Almightybob, DeathNote, dramonic, Wickedestjr, Mufasa, Santos, MrSuave
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Sanjay »

Snow White wrote:@Sanjay
Sanjay wrote: I thought you were inviting a wagon on yourself to see how people react. It seemed kind of odd that you would then automatically turn around and cast suspicion on all the people that were helping you out.
who did you think BC was going to point the finger at?
I thought the point of starting a bandwagon going is starting discussion. It seemed like at least Mufasa if not everyone on the wagon jumped on for that purpose.

I don't know why BC had to point the finger anywhere. And if he was going to, how much help is it to cast a FoS on all three of you?

I'm responding to a Snow White post here but I wouldn't mind BloodCovenent commenting as well.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Snow White wrote:I have NEVER said "i have NEVER seen a RVS where one of the BW are scum" I said i have YET to see one. Do not twist my words Saber.
What is the difference? It is very reaching to attack Saber for twisting your words. Until you explain
Fos: Snow White
. That may be upgraded to a vote if there is nothing better to go off of.

MME wrote:Who's talking about lynching here? And why do you consider saber to be more worthy of pressure than, eg, snow white?
Sorry. I meant voting. I liked my vote on saber earlier because I misunderstood his vote for Snow White. I didn't see anything scummy from Snow White at the time.

MME wrote:So, you decided to explicitly tell us Mr. eeni-meen-minei-mo told you to vote for sanjay.
What's your reason for asking this question?

MrSuave wrote:@wikedestjr: I could just as easily ask the same of you. it also seemed like you wanted to get out of RVS.
Yeah, but I was actually making an effort to get out, while it didn't seem to me like you were.

MrSuave wrote:From the points that have been pointed out against SW, I will put my support behind this wagon.
How strong are the points to you?

Santos wrote:1) Not a random vote
2) I am picking on a quiet random voter
3) I have a gut feeling he's the quiet scum of the group

Its a little suspicious seeing Snow White go after Lowell as well. Scum partners? Its possible, but purely speculation atm. I won't forget her vote on him earlier.
I'm pretty sure it is Lowell's meta to be like this, but why do you choose him out of all the quiet people?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:52 am

Post by MrSuave »

well, now that I have a better explanation, not a as strong as I thought. like I said, if 12pm rolls around my vote is going on the lurker.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

BloodCovenent wrote:-To you, is there a difference between RVS voting myself to get discussion going, or me self-voting when I am being pressured, and am close to a lynch (obviously self voting out of frustration).
I don't really see why you are asking this, but I believe there is a difference, because self-voting in RVS is more helpful, because it generates discussion. Self-voting when pressured doesn't help at all.

BloodCovenent wrote:It was just how quick you were to mindlessly jump on the wagon. Not even questioning why I would do such a thing. You didn't even question me before voting, which somewhat surprised me. Out of the three of you, no one questioned me. I should have probably FoS'd MME, and EC, but... meh, it was a little late I guess.
I am not satisified with this explanation. First of all, delaying votes in the RVS to question something that happens in the RVS is pointless. Why would they need to question you?

BloodCovenent wrote:I have only ever seen scum self vote once, where as I have seen town self vote two-three times. So how exactly did I claim scum?
Well, I thought your post meant, I'm scum, let's skip the RVS and vote me, and I thought that was how you were intending to get through the RVS. What message were you trying to get across with that post, and how were you actually planning to get through the RVS with it?

BloodCovenent wrote:I would rather a player cast several (beyond two) random votes, than not vote at all.

...yes and why?

BloodCovenent wrote:1. I'm going to side with Snow on this one. It feels as if you were trying to manipulate her words Saber.
I'm assuming you're explaining this after Snow White does. Am i right?

BloodCovenent wrote:Yes you are, because you didn't take into account all of the other mafia games where scum have been RVS bandwagoned.
What?

almightybob wrote:Maybe I'm wrong. But if she's a pro, wouldn't she also know not to OMGUS, as either scum or Town?
Yes she wouldn't have done that if she was a pro. The only reason I'm questioning your statement about her being a newbtown is because:

1: She could be newbscum.

2: If she's experienced and did that, then I wouldn't want to let it slide.

SolemnJ wrote:nook, stfu; I'll post when I feel it helps the town.

And that will be by the end of the day.
Alright. That's perfectly fine.

Snow White wrote:
Simply it means in my mind anyway
, one is concentrating hard on one individual without examining the rest. I find it anti town not to explore other players ideas and concentrating on one, sole individual to get them lynched.
I cant call it pro town.
I dislike the bolded parts.

Snow White wrote:The definition of "NEVER" imho is soemthing that is impossible to happen in any given space of time. It will NEVER happen.

"YET" being the word which leaves open the chance that yes, this event may happen, but i have not seen it occur to date.

You HAVE twisted my words.
Those definitions can't correctly be applied to this argument. You said you have never yet seen a game where it happened. Which means out of the games you have seen it has never happened. If you had said you have never seen a game where it happened, that means the same thing. The "yet" simply implies you will be looking at more games.

Snow White wrote:No. What i meant by this is i dont see town being so aggressive in the space of what was 4 pages, to seriously consider someone scum.
Being agressive early in the game is good. If everybody only attack strong scumtells, then the game wouldn't leave the RVS. You have to blow small things out of proportion, because there will hardly be any big things to go off of.

Snow White wrote:Oh lord i was stating yes i was annoyed at Saber because i saw no valid reason for his vote considering he'd just made a joke about me being scum and then voted me for a "competeing bandwagon" which i find as anti town.
Why would scum be more likely to do that?

So far, BloodCovenent and Snow White have been giving me scum vibes. Snow White for her strange reasoning, and BloodCovenent because I disliked 131. However, Snow White seems scummier to me so I'll jump aboard the bandwagon.

Vote: Snow White
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I'm not done catching up yet unfortunately, but will come back to this game when I get the chance.

Also...

Mod: I will have no computer access from Monday-Friday. I will be in another country.
-Wickedestjr
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 am

Post by almightybob »

My internet fixed itself. What the hell. I hate technology.
Anyway...

A vague promise to post something at some point before the end of D1? Not good enough I'm afraid. I'd like your thoughts on saber, SW and BC please. A quick read-and-reason paragraph is fine, but I want some written evidence of your opinions throughout the game.
Snow White wrote:@Almighty bob.
1)
BloodCovenent garnered a lot more votes than i did in order to warrant a FoS. No?

2)
Im not aware of anything particularily that warrants such hounding. Maybe its because ivee never been one in question on day1.

3)
In terms of OMGUS. You believe it never should be done? Its neither helpful to town or scum? Then why not use it?

4)
I ave said i have not liked sabers actions toward myself, i do not expect such actions from town so early. This is not to say that i am certain saber is scum. Im not. But that i have not to date liked his actions.
5)
In regard to where my vote is, where do you suggest me putting it? Unvoting means i vote myself. I for one am not enticed to do such a thing.

(Bolded numbers added by myself for ease of response)
1) Not really sure what the question is here, sorry.
2) Yeah, we don't have much to go on in D1. As someone said, if we only pursued strong scumtells we'd never be out of RVS.
3) Voting for someone purely because they voted for you, no. I don't think that should ever be done. It's useless for Town. It could potentially work for scum, if they attempted to disguise it. Basically, I don't like throwing votes around without thought. It allows scum too much leeway.
4) If you don't like his actions, that's a different thing. You were making it seem more like you were just irritated at him. If you can provide a short summary of why his actions are suspect (note: this does not mean annoying) then I'll gladly examine it.
5) That's your job, to decide where best to place your vote. If you think saber is acting scummiest, fine. But if others don't agree with you and you can't convince us otherwise, don't expect it to cut much ice.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Snow White wrote:@Santos. I voted Lowell randomly because of our last game together he lurked absymally as scum. Id vote him but my vote is now on saberwolf.
So???

Snow White wrote:In regard to my voting of you it was a joke. I did not expect as many votes as you got to accumulate and were i later than second i would not have voted you.
But thats all just wifom really. It was the RVS and i was not taking it too seriously, unfortunately
Dislike the bolded part of this.

Snow White wrote:@Wicked. ... Quite a serious reason behind it all imo.
Yeah. I know. Why are you saying it again? I got the picture.

Snow White wrote:In terms of OMGUS. You believe it never should be done? Its neither helpful to town or scum? Then why not use it?
Do you think it is useful?

Snow White wrote:I ave said i have not liked sabers actions toward myself, i do not expect such actions from town so early. This is not to say that i am certain saber is scum. Im not. But that i have not to date liked his actions. In regard to where my vote is, where do you suggest me putting it? Unvoting means i vote myself. I for one am not enticed to do such a thing.
Why do you have a problem with voting for yourself?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

SolemnJ wrote:I have a little problem finding time to post, but I promise not to let you people down.

I'll have my beliefs by the end of tomorrow morning.
?

Dramonic wrote:Gawd the arguing around here is so very pointless.

I know!!!! How are we supposed to catch scum with all this pointless discussion!?!?!?

Dramonic wrote:Competing bandwagons are fairly protown in my opinion, however this isn't a competing bandwagon, it's hysteric tunneling from both SW and Saberwolf. Stop ripping each other's hair out and get in the game (hypocrite, right?)
It is extremely funny how you complain about the contribution in this game, yet:

1: Don't make any attempt to do anything about it.

2: Just complains about it, without even giving feedback.

3: You aren't helping this game progress either.

FoS: Dramonic

Dramonic wrote:As for me, I need to do a thorough reread
If you've read the game already, then give your opinions on what has happened instead of saying you are going to read the game again.

MrSuave wrote:2 hours left before your promise of some kind of contribution to the game is broken. If that is the case, I will gladly vote you to get rid of a lurker =D. And slightly off topic, I always hated lurker cannons =__= always screwed up my lings D=
FoS: MrSuave
-Wickedestjr
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:11 am

Post by MrSuave »

please explain your FOS
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Could someone justify for me why Snow white is a better lynch candidate than bloodcovenant in one sentence?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by dramonic »

your 3 points agaisnt me are pretty much the same Wicked.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Mufasa wrote:Could someone justify for me why Snow white is a better lynch candidate than bloodcovenant in one sentence?
In my opinion snow white has been acting scummier than bloodcovenent plus the fact we only have one post to really work off of for bloodcovenant while snow white has plenty of newbscum posts going on plus she OMGUSed me, plus she tends to get angry and defensive when voted for more so than a typical townie should as well as the fact that most of bloodcovenant's votes were random bandwagoning votes right off the bat I assume because it looked funny to see him get that many votes that fast I dunno but at the very least you can't say he's scummy simple due to the rate of how fast his bandwagon built up, and also this game aint big enough for two SWs so she's gotta go and I'm now at the point where I'm just typing crap to make this run on sentence even more ridiculously longer but its ok because at the end of it all its still only one sentence even if it is one really ridiculously long run on sentence.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by almightybob »

For some reason I imagine gasping for air at the end of that.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by saberwolf »

almightybob wrote:For some reason I imagine gasping for air at the end of that.
I was seriously considering puting:

*gasps for air*

but i wanted to make sure I stuck to one sentence in every possible way :/
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Mufasa »

haha just for making that one sentence I might have to fos you haha just kidding.

But ya I agree that Snow White is more scummier because we have seen more from her we need more actions from bloodcovenant
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Mufasa wrote:haha just for making that one sentence I might have to fos you haha just kidding.

But ya I agree that Snow White is more scummier because we have seen more from her we need more actions from bloodcovenant
could be just me but the way you put that last sentence rubs me the wrong way. It's like you want BC to catch up in posts so that he can catch up in scumminess.

also, you seem a lot more contributive than our last game. Granted, you've done no actual scumhunting, but at least you're talking...
Show

My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Class now, postings later today.
Eek
!
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Mufasa »

Whats wrong with being more talkative saberwolf it makes it so you dont have an easy reason to lynch me, but in all seriousness if BloodCovenant doesn't post today I am voting for Snow White
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:35 am

Post by almightybob »

Santos
, you have one post. More thoughts please.
I'm a townie! Honest!

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:36 am

Post by almightybob »

I would also like more contribution from
deathnote, Lowell and nook
I'm a townie! Honest!

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Max »

so. The Deadline Window will be between the 23rd of Oct - 31st of Oct, exclusive

Original Roll String: 1d7
1 7-Sided Dice: (5) = 5

1. 24th
2. 25th
3. 26th
4. 27th
5. 28th
6. 29th
7. 30th
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

MrSuave wrote:please explain your FOS
1: Earlier you were waiting for something to happen, but never did actually try to help get us out of the RVS. And now, we are out of the RVS, and you still aren't helping.

2: You warn SolemnJ that you will vote him. I don't really see the point of that.

Mufasa wrote:Could someone justify for me why Snow white is a better lynch candidate than bloodcovenant in one sentence?
Snow White is using bad logic and there is no case against BloodCovenent that has been given yet.

Dramonic wrote:your 3 points agaisnt me are pretty much the same Wicked.
1 and 2 are the same. 3 is different. Now defend yourself.

Mufasa wrote:But ya I agree that Snow White is more scummier because we have seen more from her we need more actions from bloodcovenant
This doesn't sit well with me.
FoS: Mufasa

1: Saying he agrees that Snow White when he also says:
And I don't see why he'd ask that if he knew the answer.

2: Thinks Snow White is scummier because she has posted more.

Mufasa wrote:Whats wrong with being more talkative saberwolf it makes it so you dont have an easy reason to lynch me, but in all seriousness if BloodCovenant doesn't post today I am voting for Snow White

1. Why do you care about how easy it is to get you lynched?

2. BloodCovenent has posted today. :wink:

3. So BloodCovenent could easily lurk so that you would join the Snow White bandwagon. Also, this implies that you have reasons to believe that BloodCovenent is scum which you haven't given. Plan on giving those reasons?
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”