Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by crypto »

*falls asleep at keyboard*

---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 150):

CSL - 1(mask man)
crypto - 1(EtherealCookie)
mask man - 1(Sando)
No Lynch - 1(CSL)
hiphop - 1(charter)
SerialClergyman - 1(crypto)
EtherealCookie - 2(SerialClergyman, hiphop)

Not Voting:le Chat, X_~, Staple, Team Aether, Kaiveran, bigmc109, Pomegranate, muh316

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by hiphop »

crypto wrote:Hiphop, are you still satisfied with your vote on Ethereal?

Who are your other major suspects?
At the moment yes. Will I push for his lynch no.

I don't like to give a scum list until everybody has posted. That might not be until Sunday night.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by crypto »

Refusing to list your top suspects (two to four players) is a load of bull. If you're town, stop being loopy. If you're scum, please PM the mod requesting a role change.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by hiphop »

If you insist.
1.SC- I have found that scum usually attack with a solid reason, while town take more risks.
2.Team Aether- said he was eager for the game to start, yet hasn't posted.
3.EC-Looks more and more like a VI. Can't be sure.
4.Charter- same as SC.

Looks the same as yours, but without me and with TA.
X_~
X_~
Townie
X_~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by X_~ »

mask man wrote:17 min, 5 confirms, at this rate the game will start in about 45 min.
wrong ;p
X_~
X_~
Townie
X_~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by X_~ »

wow do I feel dumb now.

I check mafiascum at least once a day. I been checking this thread and was only looking at page one. I was like why isn't anyone posting? Why are people not confirming?
I thought this game was dead.
Today idk, I saw someone posted 'this should start in 45 mins' and I was like ROFL this game is dead. So I quoted and said WRONG!
I saw my post jumped to page 7 and was like o.O

wow I been waiting like a week for people to confirm and wasn't noticing the extra pages <_<

I am new to this board and it's very different that vBulletin or iPb so yeah my bad.
I will help you guys find the scum.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Staple »

X_~ wrote:wow do I feel dumb now.

I check mafiascum at least once a day. I been checking this thread and was only looking at page one. I was like why isn't anyone posting? Why are people not confirming?
I thought this game was dead.
Today idk, I saw someone posted 'this should start in 45 mins' and I was like ROFL this game is dead. So I quoted and said WRONG!
I saw my post jumped to page 7 and was like o.O

wow I been waiting like a week for people to confirm and wasn't noticing the extra pages <_<

I am new to this board and it's very different that vBulletin or iPb so yeah my bad.
I will help you guys find the scum.
Cool story bro.

You haven't posted your views on anything yet so you are not helping anyone find scum. Your just defending yourself by saying you will help. How about you start helping then? I know this is a bit hypocritical coming from me since this is my first post, but the rest of the issues in this thread have been debated by others and each time I log in they are already addressed, no lynching is a stupid idea and will always be imo. Does not help the town at all and information is what the town wants. Anyone who supported no lynching seems suspicious to me, its just not a smart way of going about things.
I am an Atheist, and I'm proud of it.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by Staple »

EBWOP: No lynching is especially a stupid idea this early in the day, since scum can just sit back while all the pressure is lifted from them, because everyone just no lynches. Everyone who jumped on the no lynch train is suspicious. Short days hurt the town, so even if by some miraculous means you can justify no lynching, at least do it after we have discussed/pressured others for a while -- at least then we get something out of it.
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:16 am

Post by le Chat »

hey dudes.

yeah we get it, shouldn't no lynch today. also, you shouldn't beat a dead horse and persecute the people who were for the no lynch or who are still discussing it as its discussion winds down.

so get this, i am going to
vote: staple
for his posts 156-157 @ X_~. Basically makes his entrance to the game by saying X_~ hasn't done anything helpful and tells him to start helping. That aside, seeing as how he admitted that could be hypocritical coming from his first post, he also says anyone talkin' the No Lynch is scummy and explains why, which at this point is just parroting.

So I'm jumping into the game with a vote on him for doing something scummy (jumping into the game with a vote on someone for an un-scummy thing, and parroting the dead horse (mixing my metaphors here uh oh)). Subtleties!

Anyways, I also disagree with,
crypto wrote:BMC, scum are lynched on day 1 all the time.

Look, we already know at least one of

EtherealCookie
hiphop
SerialClergyman

is scum.

It'll be a cinch. ;)
That. Because I don't follow the logic. At first I thought you were referring to the three people who voted no lynch without qualm, but those people were SerialClergyman, CSL, and Kaiveran. So, uh, esplain please?
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:29 am

Post by Staple »

jumping into the game with a vote on someone for an un-scummy thing, and parroting the dead horse (mixing my metaphors here uh oh)
I did not vote anyone, contrary to you jumping into the game with a vote.
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:32 am

Post by le Chat »

wait, so is that a good thing or a bad thing for you? that you didn't vote with your opinion.

xD
jumping into the game with a vote on someone for an un-scummy thing, and parroting the dead horse (mixing my metaphors here uh oh)
replace "a vote" with "an attack" and it should be correct. regardless of a minor semantic mistake, my point still stands!
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 am

Post by Staple »

Not really though, because I did not vote anyone, like you said, but just informed the town of my thoughts. If that is scummy then so is everything anyone has done this game, as well as the goal of this game, because thats what you do, you try to find scum as a townie. Note the first votes that were cast, not that there are anything wrong with them, but they just kill your point, since what you are suggesting is that by extension they are also scummy, since they too jumped into the game with a vote.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:03 am

Post by bigmc109 »

Staple wrote:EBWOP: No lynching is especially a stupid idea this early in the day, since scum can just sit back while all the pressure is lifted from them, because everyone just no lynches. Everyone who jumped on the no lynch train is suspicious. Short days hurt the town, so even if by some miraculous means you can justify no lynching, at least do it after we have discussed/pressured others for a while -- at least then we get something out of it.
You obviously didn't pay attention to the no lynching proposal, since you basically just agreed with it....
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:06 am

Post by crypto »

That. Because I don't follow the logic. At first I thought you were referring to the three people who voted no lynch without qualm, but those people were SerialClergyman, CSL, and Kaiveran. So, uh, e
x
plain please?
Fixed.

The three I listed were my top suspects—but I don't think all three of them are scum. I'm saying one of them must be.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:12 am

Post by crypto »

X_~ wrote:I am new to this board and it's very different that vBulletin or iPb so yeah my bad.
Not different enough for you not to notice there were seven pages. Not different enough for me to notice you logging on twice over the course of two or three days without posting anything.

Anyway, X_~ and Staple both come in looking like crap.
le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:12 am

Post by le Chat »

staple, im not saying that jumping into the game with a vote is scummy. even i jumped into the game with a vote. my point isnt about if you voted or not, my point is that you entered the game attacking someone for not contributing when you had not contributed, and then you parroted the no lynch talkie talkie.

cryyypto, you got some esplaining too doooo. no, i understand that then. i thought you were lining up the three people who voted no lynch without saying anything.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:38 am

Post by bigmc109 »

OK, very quick PBPA.

Sando - nothing much to say yet, but seems like he's level-headed enough.
hiphop - either a very superior townie or a "how could not see that I'm town!?" scum.
le Chat - not much to say, though I do agree with his suspicions of staple.
CSL - nothing yet.
X_~ - I think we can chalk up his first few posts to just "being new".
muh316 - nothing yet; I'd like to see some thoughts from him on other players.
Staple - his first few posts seem very scummy to me, but it could just be that he was frazzled after jumping in at page 7.
Team Aether - nothing yet.
Kaiveran - Seems to post thoughtfully, but not enough content yet for a good opinion.
EtherealCookie - I think people are mistaking newbieness with scumminess here. Can you post some thoughts on other players, at least your top suspects?
mask man - I generally agree with him, but not much to say. That sig makes your posts look A LOT longer than they really are.
SerialClergyman - His reasoning on EC is a little too thin, I wish we'd list some more suspects.
charter - seems anti-bigmc, but pro-town nonetheless.
crypto - If he's scum, he's gonna live for a loooooong time.
Pomegranate - nothing yet.
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:45 am

Post by charter »

hiphop wrote:If you insist.
1.SC- I have found that scum usually attack with a solid reason, while town take more risks.
2.Team Aether- said he was eager for the game to start, yet hasn't posted.
3.EC-Looks more and more like a VI. Can't be sure.
4.Charter- same as SC.

Looks the same as yours, but without me and with TA.
No way! Scum attack with a solid reason? What then does town attack with?

I am puzzled by le Chat. Not sure how to put my finger on it.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:44 am

Post by crypto »

X_~, Staple, and le Chat, please list your top few suspects.

Hiphop may be overtaking Clergyman and Cookie as my top suspect. Or rather the most intriguing suspect. He's playing Captain Obvious a lot and . . . yeah, whatever. That said, I guess it's possible we've been making the mistake of reading his posts with our minds already made up that he's scum—tunnel vision / confirmation bias. I might have to reread to see if that's much of a possibility.

I still think Clergyman's
initial
attack on Cookie looked very much like hesitant distancing, as if Clergy saw how blatantly fishy Cookie looked and knew he should criticize it, but didn't want to commit to busing so early. Later on, Clergyman cracked down harder, which would go along with the theory that he realized his mistake—I think I actually mentioned it in one of my posts—and committed to distancing.

*shrug* Who cares.
le Chat wrote:cryyypto, you got some e
x
plaining too doooo.
Fixed.
BMC wrote:crypto - If he's scum, he's gonna live for a loooooong time.
No, at some point I'll lose my patience and get mod-killed for flaming. Just watch me roll.
X_~ - I think we can chalk up his first few posts to just "being new".
Actually, I did a really quick meta (ongoing game so no detail, but I'm only talking about his posting style, so there'd be no detail anyway), and it looks like he does know what he's doing. Now, he still may be inexperienced, but he obviously isn't a total idiot.

Whatever. He's got my attention regardless.
mask man - I generally agree with him, but not much to say. That sig needs to be deleted, because it makes our eyes bleed.
Fixed, and I now agree 100%.
EtherealCookie - I think people are mistaking newbieness with scumminess here. Can you post some thoughts on other players, at least your top suspects?
Hmm. Cookie doesn't look like a newbie in the same way GreenDude did last game. Might try to explain why in another post, but trying to articulate it is giving me a headache.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:57 am

Post by crypto »

I did not vote anyone
Who cares if you actually voted? You still made a petty and opportunistic attack when much bigger things are going on.
contrary to you jumping into the game with a vote.
OMGUS?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:59 am

Post by crypto »

Oh yeah, and way back when Hiphop said that revealing the pros of the follow-the-cop plan would ruin it—that's a load of lynchable crap.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:08 am

Post by crypto »

And for the quadruple post (BMC knows where it's at; the rest of you are in for a grisly surprise), I'm not currently worried about Team Aether. His eagerness during the confirmation stage looked legit and he hasn't posted at all on Mafia Scum since then.
X_~
X_~
Townie
X_~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:34 am

Post by X_~ »

muh316 wrote:
vote: no lynch

I guess this all makes sense. But wouldnt the townies that seem the least suspected be Night killed.
This popped out to me.

the "I guess this all makes sense" + bandwagon is scumtell.

I also suspect
EtherealCookie
hiphop

They both went 'vote X, no explanation needed'

When a bandwagon occurs, I always wait for the scum to give a dumb reason to bandwagon, muh316 did that.

vote muh316
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 am

Post by crypto »

X_~ wrote:the "I guess this all makes sense" + bandwagon is scumtell.
Prove it, please, i.e., link me two examples.
They both went 'vote X, no explanation needed'

That's called RVS. You know what RVS is.
X_~
X_~
Townie
X_~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:51 am

Post by X_~ »

Okay, finished reading the thread, the above post was based on up to page 4.

EC, seems REALLY scummy. His defenses suck, you would think he would be kind of upset that he is being attacked by pretty much everyone. Yet, EC tries to prove people wrong.
FoS Etherealcookie

Also not buying the No lynch idea one bit. We gain far more information by lynching someone.
I also want to suggest the following, but it means going no lynch today.
We go no lynch
Cop scans EC
Lynch EC day 2

At least the cop would have an idea if the scans are accurate or not. The cop doesn't have to reveal himself, it's just to help him see if his scans are accurate.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”