ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Post by ZazieR »

brothernature wrote:Lulz is it really that hard to put all of that into one post instead of spamming up two pages? And yes, I'm a fan of Higurashi.
No, it's not hard. But I have my reason for it and it's now part of me as a player as well. Also, Shion > Mion.
Zaz wrote:Post 169 – Why aren’t you discussing, while observing, brothernature? Also, noted that you showed right up after a player voted for you.
Like I said, I'm observing and lurking, just not posting. He asked where I was. I told him I was lurking.
Yes, I saw that you said that. However, I asked 'why'. And you haven't explained that.
Zaz wrote:You lurk and instead of giving your own intake, you ask for the opinion of the new guy? What’s up with that, brothernature?
Indeed I do.
Thanks for admitting, but also this time, I asked 'why'. And you've failed to explain that.
Zaz wrote:At least he has posted content, something you haven't done since a while. How come?
Actually, I'm pretty sure I've never posted any content whatsoever.
Thanks for admitting, but also this time, I asked 'why'. And you've failed to explain that.

And to Sanjay, I really don't like Cookie right now. He's posting all this random shit and distracting the town, making it harder for us to get stuff done. My random shit, however, is more so on topic, just in a jokingly way, most the time.
During the time frame of your last three posts, EC posted twice. How come you didn't mention EC's behaviour before?
And your hypocritism is noted.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Happy birthday, Peabody ^.^
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Sanjay wrote:brothernature, if that's all you can come up with, I don't think your sitting and observing is really justified. Unless you explain to me how posting random shit and distracting the town is a scum-tell, you are basically telling me that after all the observing you have observed basically nothing.

When are you planning on posting your thoughts on the game, exactly? Is it a matter of piling votes on you? Because I'm sure there are a bunch of players that would be happy to oblige.
Even if he can explain it, this behaviour is not justified and is scummy. He should explain why he is doing this.
bn > EC in scummyness.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:00 am

Post by ZazieR »

Looker wrote:Zaz, you rock.
Thanks ^.^
Post 325 shows that we're dealing with town-Looker and not scum-Looker.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:02 am

Post by ZazieR »

EtherealCookie wrote:
Looker wrote:
Stomach's grumblin :? , I want some Cookie! :x

Sanjay's Post 266 - I thought I might have found something but when they responded, it was evident that I hadn't. Coupled with the points you made against the assumption, it was pretty clear that i hadn't thought that one through. In short, I fucked up. O well, on to the next one. That sort of thing, y'know?

Zaz's Post 270 - :lol: Look at Looker, you are friggin hilarious. That game rocked, dude, you're the best. You make me want to become a mod. :idea: Inspiration! :idea:

Zaz's Post 292 - Usually when a player says they're playing by gut, it appears to me that this gives them some sort of leeway to be capricious and fickle. They can change their vote or their stance and call it gut. If they're wrong, no biggie, they were playing on gut, not reasoning. TO be brief, I really just don't trust people's guts to have my best interest in mind.

Zaz's Post 309 - Well, to be honest, I've been trying to build this big, mechanized formula that, if I follow it, it will help me win at mafia no matter what. Currently, it sucks. Waiting for four key players within the thread to respond before I respond was a stipulation of the formula; however, the formula is currently being revised, which is why I'm responding to you as opposed to only Cookie & Shrinehme at this point in the game.
Shrinehme's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1906518#1906518]Post 320[/url] wrote:
EBWOP

ZazieR wrote:
Shrinehme wrote:
BigBear wrote: Bringing up the idea of a jester, is actually scummy
Why?
-Good way to lynch a player who says stupid things.
-Jester discussion is a distraction from scumhunting, which is good for scum.
To the former, placing forth the possibility x is a Jester when their actions are scummy would be used to
deter
their lynch, [e.g. "No, x just looks like a Jester to me. Y looks like actual scum; let's lynch him."] no?

Latter makes sense.
I think the point he was trying to make would be your ability to manipulate the situation to your liking, whether X be your scum partner or Y, in which instance you've simply distracted the town long enough to hop on a bandwagon which you have no intention to take anywhere.

Hurghhhhhhh.
Tonight.
D:
If you don't, I'll send:

:twisted:
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:05 am

Post by ZazieR »

Looker wrote:But a quick question, though: Is this more of a waiting game? Because I noticed you can never just jump out and catch scum right off, you have to wait several pages before you can even hope to get something. Is it like that in every game?
No, it's not. But that game is still ongoing, so I can't link yet.
However, waiting is better in general. I've got an ongoing game for that as well ._.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:08 am

Post by ZazieR »

Post 331 gets a
Zaz Reminder
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:13 am

Post by ZazieR »

Sanjay wrote:I'm starting to think that maybe the reason brothernature isn't posting as much is because we aren't talking about brothernature's favorite topic of conversation.

Everyone! Have you ever noticed how pro-town brothernature is? He probably has the town win condition, don't you think?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:15 am

Post by ZazieR »

Looker wrote:And another thing: Do pressure votes work if they're actually depicted as pressure votes?
Nope.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:17 am

Post by ZazieR »

Idiotking wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
IK
– What do you define as ‘gambit’?
I think a gambit or gamble is when people do something that may be seen as scummy or PR-esque to get people to react, when it's not really the case. A vanilla townie acting like a PR to get NK'd instead of a real PR, for example,
or a townie doing something that seems scummy so they can see whether others jump on them overeagerly and try to get a premature bandwagon.
That sort of thing.

I don't like them because I can never tell what's a gamble and what's genuine if they do that.
Then explain why you liked Bear's actions.
Ignore the ''R''
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 am

Post by Looker »

ZazieR's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1907298#1907298]Post 353[/url] wrote:
Thanks ^.^
Gah, the dreaded meta! You don't think meta is counterintuitive and that it prohibits an individual's development or growth as a player?
ZazieR's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1907310#1907310]Post 358[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:And another thing: Do pressure votes work if they're actually depicted as pressure votes?
Nope.
So I'm guessing the following could be seen as daytalk/daysignals? But, then again, that could be jumping the gun on my part.
brothernature's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1905640#1905640]Post 259[/url] wrote:Umn. I'm not sure very many of my posts were all that serious. Was just messing around most the time. But anyway, like we've all asked 100 times now, we'd like to hear your opinions on everything so far. Since he hasn't posted since a while,
Vote: nook
to get some pressure going.
However, this I'm having a hard time swallowing. I can't define it as scummy, but moreso as intentionally anti-town; however, could it be egotism? The allusion/reference to Cookie I don't like, which leads me to believe moreso that Cookie is town being wagoned by scum. As I said, I believe the meek to be easily manipulated in the game of mafia.
brothernature's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1906538#1906538]Post 321[/url] wrote:Lulz is it really that hard to put all of that into one post instead of spamming up two pages? And yes, I'm a fan of Higurashi.
Zaz wrote:Post 169 – Why aren’t you discussing, while observing, brothernature? Also, noted that you showed right up after a player voted for you.
Like I said, I'm observing and lurking, just not posting. He asked where I was. I told him I was lurking.
Zaz wrote:You lurk and instead of giving your own intake, you ask for the opinion of the new guy? What’s up with that, brothernature?
Indeed I do.
Zaz wrote:At least he has posted content, something you haven't done since a while. How come?
Actually, I'm pretty sure I've never posted any content whatsoever.

And to Sanjay, I really don't like Cookie right now. He's posting all this random shit and distracting the town, making it harder for us to get stuff done. My random shit, however, is more so on topic, just in a jokingly way, most the time.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:55 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Mod, can we get a prod on nook?

We're on a new page? Zaz must have been posting again!
Zaz wrote:Post 325 shows that we're dealing with town-Looker and not scum-Looker.
How does it show that (meta-based reasons?)?

Just a thought, but if EC gets lynched and flips town, I could see Looker as trying to gain townie points as scum by saying he thinks EC is a townie with an interesting playstyle.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Sanjay »

ZazieR wrote:
Sanjay wrote:I've heard some people say eagerness to get out of the RVS was a scumtell. I don't know if I necessarily buy it as a scumtell, but I thought it was worth asking about, especially because it didn't seem like Far_Cry had a lot to move out of the RVS with.
It's not. Going out of the RVS, means that real discussion will start. Letting the game move along further and giving a chance at finding scum. Games that drag out the RVS don't get discussion going. And if everybody keeps joking around, the RVS will only get dragged out further. In this case, a deadline will be very destructive.
tl;dr: Leaving the RVS asap is good, dragging it out may be fun, but bad for the game.
Interesting. But certainly making a big show of a desire to get out of the random voting stage is a bit scummy, don't you think?

This is the post right before Far_Cry made his post criticizing people for not being serious:
Far_Cry wrote:vote Idiotking Idiots hurt town.

By the way, can you claim? I mean, you're at L-6 now. You need to be careful and provide a defense.
Shrinehme wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Shrinehme wrote:@DeathRowKitty: Perhaps Sanjay found them so quickly because he knew them from the very beginning, in which case... he is indeed the fourth scum!

Plot twist! :o

Unvote

Vote: Looker

Most likely to have scum power role, yes.
If you stated that.... Why are you voting Looker, and not Sanjay?
Looker is likely Godfather; Sanjay merely a Goon.
Silly questions are silly...

@F
a
y_Cry: Why are you my worst nightmare? :(
@IKing: Do you think BigBear was being too serious in Post 46?
Well, I am your worst nightmare becuase I am your worst nightmare's worst nightmare's best friend's mother's uncle's sister's former roommate's father!
Either Far_Cry was crazy, or Far_Cry wasn't that serious about leaving the RVS either at that point. Yet somehow the very next time he posts he has a complete change of character.

What's the deal with this? He goes from joking around himself to being absolutely disgusted with the town, to the point that he personally insults nook. It strikes me as a bit artificial.

So perhaps eagerness to leave the RVS isn't a scumtell, but a professed eagerness to leave the RVS, especially in this context, is.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Sanjay »

As for why I wasn't enthusiastic about the ConfidAnon vote, it didn't really seem like it was phasing him, no one else was jumping on and his defense was decent, so I didn't really see much use for it there.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Sanjay »

Hm... I guess that is actually spelled "fazing".
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

Looker wrote:
ZazieR's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1907298#1907298]Post 353[/url] wrote:
Thanks ^.^
Gah, the dreaded meta! You don't think meta is counterintuitive and that it prohibits an individual's development or growth as a player?
No, it doesn't.
ZazieR's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1907310#1907310]Post 358[/url] wrote:
Nope.
So I'm guessing the following could be seen as daytalk/daysignals? But, then again, that could be jumping the gun on my part.
Nope. BN is trying to give us the impression that he's actually doing something.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:43 am

Post by ZazieR »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Mod, can we get a prod on nook?

We're on a new page? Zaz must have been posting again!
Zaz wrote:Post 325 shows that we're dealing with town-Looker and not scum-Looker.
How does it show that (meta-based reasons?)?

Just a thought, but if EC gets lynched and flips town, I could see Looker as trying to gain townie points as scum by saying he thinks EC is a townie with an interesting playstyle.
Well, not really. It has to do with her past games though.
And no, I disagree. Because I lean town on EC as well. I can see where Looker is coming from.
Ignore the ''R''
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Sanjay »

Zazie, could you expound a bit on why you voted for brothernature?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:47 am

Post by ZazieR »

Sanjay wrote:What's the deal with this? He goes from joking around himself to being absolutely disgusted with the town, to the point that he personally insults nook. It strikes me as a bit artificial.

So perhaps eagerness to leave the RVS isn't a scumtell, but a professed eagerness to leave the RVS, especially in this context, is.
No, Post 78 shows sarcastic remarks. The response Nook gave him lead to the personal attack.
Still don't see it as a scumtell.
Ignore the ''R''
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:58 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

BigBear wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Could you elaborate on what kind of a tell you feel appeal to emotion is and why?
It's an appeal to emotion alright.

But Confid, what was with those last two letters were? js? Are you labeling him as jester?
They are a web acronym that stands for "just saying."
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:01 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

DeathRowKitty wrote:Interesting state of affairs with FC the past few days:

He replaced out of this game when he was about to be lynched in his newbie game, after which he joined another newbie game. He then joined another newbie game. Net result: -1 game, a result he could have achieved by staying in this game instead of joining a new one. The fact that he chose to join a new one instead of sticking with this one
really
doesn't sit well with me.
This is
extremely
interesting.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:02 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

brothernature wrote:Umn. I'm not sure very many of my posts were all that serious. Was just messing around most the time. But anyway, like we've all asked 100 times now, we'd like to hear your opinions on everything so far. Since he hasn't posted since a while,
Vote: nook
to get some pressure going.
I don't think your in a very good position to try to pressure people to be active, with you not being very active and all.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:09 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

ZazieR wrote:Just thought of a question:
Confid
, why did you see EC's vote against Shrine as a bandwagon vote, but not Bear's vote aganst Shrine?
Where is Bear's vote against Shrine at?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Sanjay »

Come on, ConfidAnon. We can't lynch everyone that posts like ZazieR.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Sanjay »

ConfidAnon wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Could you elaborate on what kind of a tell you feel appeal to emotion is and why?
It's an appeal to emotion alright.

But Confid, what was with those last two letters were? js? Are you labeling him as jester?
They are a web acronym that stands for "just saying."
By the way, ConfidAnon, please explain your thought process behind deciding that BigBear's question was worth answering but mine was not.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”