ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:12 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Sorry, I was too lazy to make a big post. That's my normal posting style.

But I do have good news: I'm back from Lurky Land and ready to play!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Sanjay »

Sanjay wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Could you elaborate on what kind of a tell you feel appeal to emotion is and why?
It's an appeal to emotion alright.

But Confid, what was with those last two letters were? js? Are you labeling him as jester?
They are a web acronym that stands for "just saying."
By the way, ConfidAnon, please explain your thought process behind deciding that BigBear's question was worth answering but mine was not.
This post might have been a little easy to miss, so I'm just gonna bump it for your, Confid.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:19 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

I just simply missed your question.

I generally see Appeal To Emotion as a scumtell. It is a method used to avoid a lynch, and scum have the most motivation to avoid a lynch. It is true that townies do not want to be lynched either, but normally only newb townie's use appeal to emotion . . . and unless I am mistaken, EC is not a noob.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

Sanjay wrote:Zazie, could you expound a bit on why you voted for brothernature?
-The observing, while not discussing.
-Talking when being called out.
-Vote against Nook.
-Dodging my questions.
-The observations regarding EC
-And the general active lurking when posting.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 am

Post by ZazieR »

ConfidAnon wrote:
DeathRowKitty wrote:Interesting state of affairs with FC the past few days:

He replaced out of this game when he was about to be lynched in his newbie game, after which he joined another newbie game. He then joined another newbie game. Net result: -1 game, a result he could have achieved by staying in this game instead of joining a new one. The fact that he chose to join a new one instead of sticking with this one
really
doesn't sit well with me.
This is
extremely
interesting.
Did you also see the comment of DRK afterwards?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:24 am

Post by ZazieR »

ConfidAnon wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Just thought of a question:
Confid
, why did you see EC's vote against Shrine as a bandwagon vote, but not Bear's vote aganst Shrine?
Where is Bear's vote against Shrine at?
Bear's vote
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 am

Post by ZazieR »

ZazieR wrote:Post 123 – 4 votes when EC voted if I counted correctly. Meaning L-3. Still scummy?
Though this wasn't aimed at you, I wouldn't mind if you'd respond to this as well,
confid
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

Sanjay wrote:Come on, ConfidAnon. We can't lynch everyone that posts like ZazieR.
Your reason for this post?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:28 am

Post by ZazieR »

ZazieR wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:This vote does not seem protown at all. It practically screams bandwagon.

Unvote, Vote: EtherealCookie
The guy who bandwagoned himself doesn’t like that somebody else bandwagons? How come?
You forgot to answer this,
Confid
Ignore the ''R''
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:33 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

The one about DRK reading one of the dates wrong or something? Yes, but I was too lazy to take back my post. I did those posts during a readthrough. This reminds me of something else that I saw which was interesting that I forgot to point out.
DeathRowKitty wrote:Just so everyone knows, that's L-2.

@IK
Can you think of any non-mafia motivations for EC's actions? I'm just looking for a yes or a no (I asked you specifically because your experience playing with me makes you more likely to figure out what I'm implying).

I don't think EC is a bad lynch, but I would prefer to look in other directions right now. Of course, FC's replacing out puts a bit of a damper on that, but I'm keeping my vote on him until his replacement convinces me to take it off.
This is the quote that sparked the jester discussion. (DRK admitted that was the intention of the post later on.)
BigBear wrote:I think lynching the jester is a bad idea. and if there really is a jester, which I doubt, i think they should be either vig'd or night killed. Bringing up the idea of a jester, is actually scummy, I forget who brought it up, but it's scummy.
BigBear says that talking about a jester is scummy.
DeathRowKitty wrote:Nook brought it up (I quoted it a few posts ago ).
This is in response to BigBear saying bringing up jester is scummy. Funny, if I'm not mistaken, DeathRowKitty sparked that conversation. Trying to pin the blame on someone else and cast suspicion on them?
DeathRowKitty wrote:The jester win condition and the town win condition aren't mutually exclusive. That's just my two cents. I'm done talking about that possibility for now.
A few posts later, he tries to shut down the discussion about the jester that he started. To me, this reads like scum trying to avoid suspicion. Right now, I like DRK as a vote more than EC.

Unvote, Vote DeathRowKitty
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:38 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

ZazieR wrote:Just thought of a question:
Confid, why did you see EC's vote against Shrine as a bandwagon vote, but not Bear's vote aganst Shrine?
That was back when Bear was acting purposefully scummy to spark discussion.
ZazieR wrote:Though this wasn't aimed at you, I wouldn't mind if you'd respond to this as well, confid
He was being pretty jumpy there . . . that's kind of scummy.
ZazieR wrote:The guy who bandwagoned himself doesn’t like that somebody else bandwagons? How come?
He wasn't contributing, which, when combined with the bandwagon vote, was very scummy. I know I'm sounding hypocritical here, but I have since made an effort to start contributing more. He really hasn't.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Sanjay »

ZazieR wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Come on, ConfidAnon. We can't lynch everyone that posts like ZazieR.
Your reason for this post?
I want to keep everything from getting buried under a mountain of multi-posts and I thought throwing out empty threats would be a good way to do it.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:50 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Before anyone calls me out on it, yes, this is very convenient timing.
CA wrote: This is the quote that sparked the jester discussion. (DRK admitted that was the intention of the post later on.)
WRONG. Nook's post is the one that sparked the jester discussion. I highly doubt that nook picked up on the fact that I was suggesting jester based on what I said in that post and if he did, he shouldn't have said anything anyway. Personally, I wasn't planning on bringning up the possibility at all. Also, where did I admit I was trying to spark a discussion on jesters??? Given that that wasn't the intention of my post, it would be very odd for me to say that later on.
CA wrote: This is in response to BigBear saying bringing up jester is scummy. Funny, if I'm not mistaken, DeathRowKitty sparked that conversation. Trying to pin the blame on someone else and cast suspicion on them?
Also WRONG. It was in response to BB saying he didn't remember who brought up the possibility of a jester. If you'd quoted one more line of my post, you would see that. Also, how exactly did I spark that conversation again?
CA wrote: A few posts later, he tries to shut down the discussion about the jester that he started. To me, this reads like scum trying to avoid suspicion. Right now, I like DRK as a vote more than EC.
One last time, WRONG. I didn't start the discussion and I ended it because everything that needed to be said had been said and the discussion was diong more harm than good. There was still discussion going on and if I were scum, it would be in my best interest to continue the discussion.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:04 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
nook wrote: I have a wild speculation that he's a Jester out to get lynched as quickly as possible.
That's what I was trying to suggest to IK.

@IK
I thought you might pick up on the fact that I said "non-mafia motivations," when I normally use "scum" almost exclusively to refer to the mafia. By non-mafia, I was trying to imply third party (perhaps one that wanted to be lynched or accumlate votes).

Of course, best play with a jester is probably not to mention it and to just lynch the person anyway. Why? Glad you asked!

Jester=insta-lose in lylo via self-vote. Therefore we can't bring a jester to lylo. This means that if we find ourselves one mislynch from lylo, unless we're sure someone is scum, we're forced to lynch the jester and put ourselves in lylo, which is an unfortunate prospect. We can continue this reasoning down the line, with the conclusion that a jester becomes more and more dangerous to the town the longer (s)he's left alive. Optimal play is (probably) to lynch immediately, without mentioning the possibility and try to gain some tells off the wagon. A jester wants to be lynched and (as much as I would love to spite a jester by refusing to lynch him/her), it's in the town's best interest to lynch a jester. That's of course why jester is a stupid role in most games.

Optimal play by EC right now (theoretically) if he were a jester is probably to claim jester right now and get himself lynched. However, having the lynch already determined has a tendency to take the town out of scumhunting mode. If EC is a jester and decides to do this, I would strongly push to lynch someone else out of spite.

Keep the possibility in mind now that it's out in the open, but right now, we have to play as though EC isn't jester (most mini normals don't have jesters and he probably isn't one...).

@ZazieR
What do you think of your predecessor's play?[/quote]

You did start the jester discussion. 1. Why are you lying? 2. Why are you getting so defensive?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:08 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

CA wrote: You did start the jester discussion. 1. Why are you lying? 2. Why are you getting so defensive?
1. The jester discussion started here
2. You're mistaking annoyance for defensiveness.
3. Did you actually read the game before you made that lovely case against me?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:14 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

You started the Jester conversation. In Post 187, you asked the question about EC having "non-mafia motivations."

Later, in post 211, you clarified that you were implying that EC may be a Jester. You asked the question with the clear purpose of starting a discussion about a Jester. It is true that I misread nook's post. I was thinking that he responded to your question. He did not, but that is not the case. Your question implied a jester, therefore you started the discussion.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

Will look at the latest posts more tomorrow.
But I must say that Sanjay gets pushed into the shadows by my super hot chickness, seeing as he still gets ignored by Confid :D
(Yes
Confid
, this is a hint that you're dodging a question from Sanjay)
Ignore the ''R''
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:19 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Your question implied a jester, therefore you started the discussion.
Just for good measure, WRONG. Had nook not said anything, no conversation about a jester would have occurred. Therefore, I didn't start the jester discussion. My intention was to try to get a vote off EC to get him further from lynch so we wouldn't lose too much discussion lynching him if he was a jester. I figured IK would be the only one with a decent chance of picking up on the hint and I was right in thinking that no one else would (of course I was wrong in thinking IK would pick up on it).
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:24 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@CA
You're really trying to stretch this jester thing. Any particular reason (besides dodging SJ's question)?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:44 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

ZazieR wrote:
Looker wrote:Zaz, you rock.
Thanks ^.^
Post 325 shows that we're dealing with town-Looker and not scum-Looker.
I've had town-looker replace and act all anti-town. So, I wouldn't be sure about that. I don't think Looker'd be silly enough to just stick with one personality depending on if he was town or scum.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:45 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

ZazieR wrote:Post 331 gets a
Zaz Reminder
What? I answered everything! I'm just waiting on questions people might have.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Peabody »

will post tomorrow

FO SHO
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Sanjay »

Confid is dodging one of my questions? That's news to me.

I mean this wasn't the greatest answer in the world, but it's an answer.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Sanjay »

DeathRowKitty wrote:@CA
You're really trying to stretch this jester thing. Any particular reason (besides dodging SJ's question)?
You are getting a little defensive here, DRK. What's the deal?

Do you really think there needs to be an ulterior motive to justify ConfidAnon's interpretation of the facts?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:34 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The past few posts by CA were just awful and his vote based on something that was blatantly incorrect really annoyed me. You know how (IRL) when Person A suddenly gets really mad at Person B and Person B doesn't see why and Person A starts stammering trying to angrily explain the obvious to Person B? That was kind of my state of mind when replying to CA.

I do think his last post is very scummy, almost as if he's pushing the issue just so he doesn't look bad by being wrong. Given the situation, "your question implied a jester, therefore you started the discussion" is a ridiculous statement. I'm actually considering moving my vote over to CA, but definitely not until BN checks in and makes a decent post.
Confid is dodging one of my questions? That's news to me.
Oh, my bad. Zaz mentioned that CA was dodging a question and in my annoyance with CA I never went back to check if he actually was.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”