Mini 848 - Second String Muppets Mafia - Game Over.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 3.2

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

No Lynch: 3: Ectomancer (2), ekiM (5), Snix (6)
Snix: 1: elvis_knits (3)

Not Voting: Kikuchiyo, MonkeyMan576

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 4:00 PM EDT/1:00 PM PDT on Thursday, October 22nd 2009.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Okay, I wanted to get to this thread tonight but I have run out of time for a thorough read. will someone present the case for no-lynch?
kiku to Monkeyman wrote:So why do you think Jordan is scum?
Still waiting here.

I have no problem with massclaim at this time if majority wants it.

Can someone present a case on Snix?

Monkey, why change from Snix?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

kikuchiyo wrote:Okay, I wanted to get to this thread tonight but I have run out of time for a thorough read. will someone present the case for no-lynch?
kiku to Monkeyman wrote:So why do you think Jordan is scum?
Still waiting here.

I have no problem with massclaim at this time if majority wants it.

Can someone present a case on Snix?

Monkey, why change from Snix?
There's a case on Jordan in day 1, I don't have the time to look for it right now. I changed from Snix, because Kirby fingered Ecto before he was lynched, and I don't like the way Ecto is trying to desuede everyone from a standard lynch. No lynches and mass claims rub me the wrong way.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by ekiM »

No lynch today, mass claiming tomorrow. It's pretty basic Mafia logic. There are six of us, so we have a roughly 33% chance of finding scum. If we don't lynch then tomorrow we will have a roughly 40% chance. And we shouldn't be talking about anything else today if that's what we're doing, because we don't want to help scum find the best night kill.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well it looks like we're going to nolynch. I'm willing to go with majority. Should I hammer or give kiku more time to read?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Kiku already said she has no time.

Ekim is right.
ekiM wrote:No lynch today, mass claiming tomorrow. It's pretty basic Mafia logic. There are six of us, so we have a roughly 33% chance of finding scum. If we don't lynch then tomorrow we will have a roughly 40% chance. And we shouldn't be talking about anything else today if that's what we're doing, because we don't want to help scum find the best night kill.
Kiku, Monkey is flailing around right now because he knows he is the only one remaining with a good case against them. He pre-emptively voted me first because I was the one who drove that wagon, and I'm certain he expected me to go back to it. The no lynch looks stronger than a Snix lynch, so he is going after another target (or two) to see if anything sticks. Heh, he didn't even look it up to see what it was, just "I know there was a case" where Jordan was concerned. Well the case was Jordan made some pre-game chatter and it went from there. There is no case against me and Monkey has made no effort to make one, but needed to go on the offensive against me so is "having problems with" basic mafia theory.

I don't care if Monkey is town at this point. The game he is playing is one of self-preservation and it is perfectly obvious that he is willing to lynch someone
without bothering to look at cases
. He just wants someone lynched, and he
refuses
to explain why he is opposed to either one of the 2 pro-town options we have today (no lynch and say nothing, or mass claim and gamble on our lynch today)

Alrighty then. Lynch me or Monkey today, one or the other. (or the 4 of you can no lynch) I'm sure a case can be fabricated against me so you can argue over the merits of either. Have fun.

unvote, vote Monkey
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:18 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Ectomancer wrote:Kiku already said she has no time.

Ekim is right.
ekiM wrote:No lynch today, mass claiming tomorrow. It's pretty basic Mafia logic. There are six of us, so we have a roughly 33% chance of finding scum. If we don't lynch then tomorrow we will have a roughly 40% chance. And we shouldn't be talking about anything else today if that's what we're doing, because we don't want to help scum find the best night kill.
Kiku, Monkey is flailing around right now because he knows he is the only one remaining with a good case against them. He pre-emptively voted me first because I was the one who drove that wagon, and I'm certain he expected me to go back to it. The no lynch looks stronger than a Snix lynch, so he is going after another target (or two) to see if anything sticks. Heh, he didn't even look it up to see what it was, just "I know there was a case" where Jordan was concerned. Well the case was Jordan made some pre-game chatter and it went from there. There is no case against me and Monkey has made no effort to make one, but needed to go on the offensive against me so is "having problems with" basic mafia theory.

I don't care if Monkey is town at this point. The game he is playing is one of self-preservation and it is perfectly obvious that he is willing to lynch someone
without bothering to look at cases
. He just wants someone lynched, and he
refuses
to explain why he is opposed to either one of the 2 pro-town options we have today (no lynch and say nothing, or mass claim and gamble on our lynch today)

Alrighty then. Lynch me or Monkey today, one or the other. (or the 4 of you can no lynch) I'm sure a case can be fabricated against me so you can argue over the merits of either. Have fun.

unvote, vote Monkey
I have a very good case against you that a person who died fingered you. You were buddying with Jordan, who I also believe was scummy, and now, you are trying to get the town to either mass claim or no lynch, although now you can't seem to make up your mind, because you've voted me. It's pretty obvious I've nailed scum.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

I do not like Ecto's attempt at a fals dilemma here, and he seems to be operating from the assumption that I am not scum, however, Monkeyman is not the most well spoken of litigators. I am going to reread this game before I make a decision, so You will just have to wait.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

There's no false dilemma. You can lynch one of us or you can No Lynch. Takes 4 votes to lynch and since you 4 cant possibly get 4 votes on yourselves without self-voting you see that you cant lynch yourselves, so you are forced to either vote No Lynch and see who is left tomorrow as I suggested you do without conversation, or choose sides. I have no need of a mass claim to know I am going to vote Monkey.

No lynch should have occurred without conversation. You should have read the game and then decided No lynch or not. The case was already laid out for a No lynch, and as Ekim has stated, its basic mafia theory. Instead, you engaged with Monkey and are asking for answers to more questions. Monkey has postured up, despite being told repeatedly that stating positions like that can only help scum make their NK decision. Combined with a day 1 case that still is worth lynching over, his moves today did not begin with objectivity, a time to look at what has happened and what we need to do. He's also ignored any rational, logical explanations as to why what we are saying is the best move. His comments have steadfastly been the bullshit "I dont like it". So, I too am posturing as I feel rather confident (and also dont particularly care as long as this has gone on if Im wrong).

So, lynch Monkey, lynch me, or do as I actually suggest you do, and vote Lynch along with Elvis and end this day right now.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

EBWOP: vote NO LYNCH along with Elvis, Ekim, and Snix.

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Vote: No Lynch

I am not rereading this game in night phase.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote, vote No Lynch

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Everyone has to take a break from the violence sometimes. For the muppets it was today. The truce might be uneasy but the majority agrees that there shall be no lynch.

Vote Count 3.3

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

No Lynch: 4: ekiM (5), Snix (6), Kikuchiyo (7), Ectomancer (8)
Snix: 1: elvis_knits (3)

Not Voting: MonkeyMan576

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

No on is lynched.

Deadline for night actions is 11:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM PDT on Monday, October 12th 2009.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Zorblag »

The night passes much as the previous day did in that when it is over there are no new deaths. The six of you are still stuck with each other for now.

Vote Count 4.0

Not Voting: Ectomancer, ekiM, elvis_knits, Kikuchiyo, MonkeyMan576, Snix

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 11:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM PDT on Monday, November 2nd 2009.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote: Ecto

Same reasons as before...fingered by Kirby, buddying with Jordan, in favor of non-lynch scenarios.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by Snix »

Vote: Elvis_knits

I'm a roll blocker, I blocked Elvis, there was no night kill. Anyone else see what I'm getting at?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Works for me...

Unvote:
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

I guess I have to reread now.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Snix wrote:

I'm a roll blocker, I blocked Elvis, there was no night kill. Anyone else see what I'm getting at?
Two things:

1: It's LYLO and no reason this couldn't be a gambit.
2: Scum can do math too and likely decided not to oblige with an NK to narrow the field.

What that means is that you are either pulling a gambit, or if you are a roleblocker, it doesnt mean Elvis is guilty because it makes just as much sense for scum to no kill.

Once again Monkey is making no effort, at all. This is pretty easy to reason out, and he didn't even bother trying before throwing down a vote in LYLO.

Snix can reason out the same thing, but I see no reason why he should hide this information if indeed a roleblocker. No reason not to try the gambit as tomorrow is LYLO also even if we guess right today. His lack of a vote following his pronouncement was a plus, but my feeling is that a scumSnix would also be cautious with that vote. Neutral on Snix's opening play today.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Gah, I just woke up. Snix did vote, Elvis is now at L-1.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Whew, I really did just wake up. He's at L-2...

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I agree with everything Ecto said in 643. This could be a gambit, and seeing as I was voting Snix yesterday it would make sense for him to come out against me today if he is scum. But there's also the possibility that scum no-killed, in which case snix could be either scum or town. He could be scum who decided to no-kill to "prove" his role block claim, or he could be town who really did block me even though the block was not responsible for the no-kill.

I'm not sure which it is at this point, although I tend to be more suspicious of Snix because I already thought he was pretty scummy. He also tried to get people to claim yesterday without getting agreement from people. I also don't like how he didn't claim all his actions when he claimed. Claiming all his choices would give us a better idea if he's telling the truth or not.

At this point, is there any reason why I shouldn't claim?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hey it's my scumday! Cool.
Talk nerdy to me.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Happy Scumday! That's 28 in Dog years! :shock:

I think it's mass claim time. I have no desire to No Lynch again, and to be honest I'm thinking it was less of a good idea than perhaps I thought, though it almost certainly was the entire catalyst for this Snix claim.

Quick show of hands and then let's do it. I call for full reveal, name, role, and any actions for all nights. I'd like Snix to finish last though. In this case, if he is town it is more advantageous for us to leave him till then. If scum I don't think there is a lot more damage he could do from there. Other than that, the claim order can be random.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I agree mass claim is in order. I can go first. It probably makes the most sense.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”