Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by Scigatt »

mask man wrote:
X_~ wrote: EC, seems REALLY scummy. His defenses suck, you would think he would be kind of upset that he is being attacked by pretty much everyone. Yet, EC tries to prove people wrong.
FoS Etherealcookie
As much as I don't like EC, your reasoning fails. What would YOU do if everyone attacked you? Prove them right by getting lynched?
muh316 wrote:I always thought that I was playing with a bunch of adults here.
I nominate this as your most insightful post so far. Even if your 'small 14 year old brain' can't digest a bunch of words that your eyes showed it, I'm sure you have a few things bouncing around in that hallow box you call a head.
Think about it. If I showed you a picture of something you don't comprehend at all, you will still form opinions on it. If you cannot respond to this, I consider you either useless or scum. Once I think about it myself, I think imma end up with the first one even if you do have some good thoughts.

I'll stare at my computer screen a little more later and come up with some st00f regarding votes later, for many men ate an apple without thorns. Also I would like my yellow tombstone to be covered in blue cheese. Would mafia members explain their vote? Regarding the epic dolphins Crypto has recently purchased, I want a slice of your butter hands for cross examination. It will profit you.
If I weren't so short on replacements I'd throw you into the loony bin. Also...

---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 300):

RayFrost - 1(mask man)
hiphop - 1(charter)
Staple - 3(le Chat, hiphop, crypto)
crypto - 1(X_~)
X_~ - 2(EtherealCookie, Sando)
Pomegranate - 1(SerialClergyman)
bigmc109 - 1(Empking)

Not Voting:Staple, Kaiveran, bigmc109, Pomegranate, muh316, RayFrost

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
Last edited by Scigatt on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

SC wrote:I'd totally be happier if crypto only posted in graph format from now on.
Upon reflection, that came out a bit more dickish than I meant. While I think you post too much for other people to get into the game and don't focus your suspicions enough, your graph was really interesting and a lot of work. If you post more of those throughout the game I'd be very grateful.
I'm old now.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:04 am

Post by Sando »

SerialClergyman wrote:Which is, of course, irrelevent unless I'm inactive. Someone who is active and posting in other threads is fine, I assume. So my problem was with the fact I was called inactive at all for not posting in thread for a couple of days at a non-critical juncture on D1. Wouldn't you agree, sir 3 content posts in 6 days?
It's not irrelevant. While I don't really care, especially in D1, people obviously do care when you post in other threads yet conspicuously avoid this one. Note the difference between me and you in this thread, you posted more than me and are accused of avoiding posting, I posted less and am not. The difference is that I'm not off posting in other threads while not posting here.

So no, it's not irrelevant, at least not to some people. You know as well as anyone that it is scummier to be actively lurking, ie be around but not post unless forced to, than to just be inactive. Passing active lurking off as not scummy because you're not technically inactive is a very weak argument.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:05 am

Post by RayFrost »

Sando wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:Which is, of course, irrelevent unless I'm inactive. Someone who is active and posting in other threads is fine, I assume. So my problem was with the fact I was called inactive at all for not posting in thread for a couple of days at a non-critical juncture on D1. Wouldn't you agree, sir 3 content posts in 6 days?
It's not irrelevant. While I don't really care, especially in D1, people obviously do care when you post in other threads yet conspicuously avoid this one. Note the difference between me and you in this thread, you posted more than me and are accused of avoiding posting, I posted less and am not. The difference is that I'm not off posting in other threads while not posting here.

So no, it's not irrelevant, at least not to some people. You know as well as anyone that it is scummier to be actively lurking, ie be around but not post unless forced to, than to just be inactive. Passing active lurking off as not scummy because you're not technically inactive is a very weak argument.
*ignores the content here*

OMG, Hi sando! :D
don't you feel silly now?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:55 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

You know as well as anyone that it is scummier to be actively lurking, ie be around but not post unless forced to, than to just be inactive. Passing active lurking off as not scummy because you're not technically inactive is a very weak argument.
a) It's still totally ridiculous to say that there's a problem with not posting in a couple of days.
b) What does it matter what someone else does aside from posting? (not counting obvious V/LAs). Are you saying it's scummier to be posting in another thread than it is to be reading the thread and not posting?
I'm old now.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:32 am

Post by mask man »

RayFrost wrote:
mask man wrote:
Even if your 'small 14 year old brain' can't digest a bunch of words that your eyes showed it, I'm sure you have a few things bouncing around in that hallow box you call a head.
MaskMan, as a 15 year old, I am insulted by the bolded.
Sorry, 'small 14 year old brain' was single quoted because a certain someone was complaining about being too young to comprehend the game. I myself am 14.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Hello. Not flaking, just have fallen ill since I got home. I'll be on later, right now I wanna sleep x.x
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Staple »

3. You have only 2 votes on you, why are you already preaching to us that you're a townie?
Because its not good for the town to lynch a townie? Do you suggest I claim cop instead?

I guess you guys are correct in lynching me, since I know I've been playing scummy. I will probably only cause more confusion throughout the game because of my scummy behavior these first few pages. You guys also do not lose much by lynching since I have not been contributing at all. Think the only way I could defend myself at this moment is to say that I will be more active from here on in, and I am a townie so it does not benefit the town to lynch me.

@Mask Man: Why do you constantly feel the need to post irrelevant content throughout the thread thus far? How do you think those posts help the town? They don't. So if you are a townie, and those posts do NOT help the town, why do you post them?
I am an Atheist, and I'm proud of it.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:05 am

Post by crypto »

So Staple still isn't posting content other than a defense that consists only of rhetoric and emotional appeal.

SC, my suspicions aren't focused because for the most part I'm hunting town, not scum. Eliminating players I'm confident are town narrows the pool of possible scum, and in general getting an accurate town read is easier than getting an accurate scum read. Some players are transparently town, but others (X_~, for example) need to be pressured before I can get a decent town read on them. As it stands, I still find you extremely scummy, and EC continues to do things that make me want to hang him, too, despite the fact that several players have (suspiciously) spoon-fed him the newbie card. Hiphop seems slightly less fishy than he did a few pages ago. Staple is my biggest concern, but in case you haven't noticed I barely attacked him in-thread up until now.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Empking »

Vote; Crypto

I think that the Crypto wagon is likely to be scum based especially when it passed the two votes mark.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:05 am

Post by charter »

crypto wrote:Hiphop:
hiphop wrote:1.SC- I have found that scum usually attack with a solid reason, while town take more risks.
Example based on personal experience, please.
Not only this, but he ignored my request of what does town attack with then. I'd forgotten about this, but hiphop, you need to provide an explanation/example.

243 is by far the best post crypto has made so far. Solid accusations and reasons. Pomegranate's response in 244 is to pawn it all off on lurking. Lurking isn't acceptable. Makes me want to force her to contribute. So I think I will.
unvote, vote Pomegranate

Empking wrote:Charter: Why is Hiphop scum?
His vote on EC was very opportunistic and scummy. Defending himself with poor logic when I questioned him about why he didn't comment on a no lynch. Arguing with SC about activity rules in another game, which SC was town in. Also, I'm pretty sure he's scum.

Not quite sure what to make of staple's last post. If you really feel that way, you should replace out.

Still favoring my hiphop/X/Kairveran scumteam.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:55 am

Post by muh316 »

Ok i got a bit carried away there on the me acting stupid but seriously I am smart in real life. I was Valedictorian and I was the only student in my school to get a perfect score on the State exams. Im just a but lazy on the non-mandatory reading thats all. So I dont post much content. But I prmoise that I'm going to come up with something by today.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:56 am

Post by bigmc109 »

Staple wrote:I guess you guys are correct in lynching me, since I know I've been playing scummy. I will probably only cause more confusion throughout the game because of my scummy behavior these first few pages. You guys also do not lose much by lynching since I have not been contributing at all. Think the only way I could defend myself at this moment is to say that I will be more active from here on in, and I am a townie so it does not benefit the town to lynch me.
Vote: Staple
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:20 am

Post by muh316 »

I guess you guys are correct in lynching me, since I know I've been playing scummy. I will probably only cause more confusion throughout the game because of my scummy behavior these first few pages. You guys also do not lose much by lynching since I have not been contributing at all. Think the only way I could defend myself at this moment is to say that I will be more active from here on in, and I am a townie so it does not benefit the town to lynch me.
Wow EPIC scum fail. Most of the people havent posted content including me and you are accusing yourself of lack of content. Then when you say and i am townie and does not benefit town to lynch me. It is a clear giveaway that your a scum. Your roleclaim seems extremely suspicious right now.

Vote Staple

And no I am not bandwagoning with BMC because all he said was vote.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:24 am

Post by bigmc109 »

I think that quote speaks for itself. He's either a scum that cracked REALLY easily (99%) or a townie who obviously won't be of any help (1%). No lynching would be stupid with scum this obvious.
Show

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:46 am

Post by mask man »

Staple wrote:
3. You have only 2 votes on you, why are you already preaching to us that you're a townie?
Because its not good for the town to lynch a townie? Do you suggest I claim cop instead?
Notice how Staple didn't call bigmc out on the 'townie', I'll check in a moment but I'm pretty damn sure that Staple wasn't an idiot and said that he was a townie. Nonetheless what Staple did say makes me want to puke.
I guess you guys are correct in lynching me, since I know I've been playing scummy. I will probably only cause more confusion throughout the game because of my scummy behavior these first few pages. You guys also do not lose much by lynching since I have not been contributing at all. Think the only way I could defend myself at this moment is to say that I will be more active from here on in, and
I am a townie
so it does not benefit the town to lynch me.
Uh, I was about to snip this until I saw the italics. Like I said, I'll look into this in case I was wrong.
@Mask Man: Why do you constantly feel the need to post irrelevant content throughout the thread thus far? How do you think those posts help the town? They don't. So if you are a townie, and those posts do NOT help the town, why do you post them?
The only posts of mine I saw that were irrelevant was "Hi ray" and the soz post. Also, how do my posts(other then the ones I admit are rather irelervant) not helping the town? The fact that you use the word 'irrelevant' bothers me because they pose questions and opinions regarding the game and how the town would should do to best benefit themselves. I find this in the context regarding the game as extremely relevant to a degree that most sane humans would not refer to them as irrelevant. I also don't like how you point out a repetition within it.
Show
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ

bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:00 am

Post by bigmc109 »

mask man wrote:
Staple wrote:
Notice how Staple didn't call bigmc out on the 'townie', I'll check in a moment but I'm pretty damn sure that Staple wasn't an idiot and said that he was a townie. Nonetheless what Staple did say makes me want to puke.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Show

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:06 am

Post by crypto »

Muh's vote makes me itch. As do his statements that he isn't smart enough for Mafia. Doesn't strike me as particularly authentic.

Still, more hammers on Staple.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:08 am

Post by mask man »

You said that Stable said that he was a townie, which I assumed Staple isn't stupid enough to say. And that what staple himself said was extremely idiotic. He did say Townie twice in that post alone, so I'm starting to doubt my old thought on that. Not to mention the fact that he only had two votes.
Show
But one day he said,

bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:20 am

Post by bigmc109 »

Well, to clear that up, he was stupid enough. Check #266.
Show

muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:22 am

Post by muh316 »

Nonetheless what Staple did say makes me want to puke.
Maskman are you saying that his post was not good for your team possibly. This could be scum statement,
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:27 am

Post by crypto »

Whaaat? Mask expressing disgust.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:27 am

Post by crypto »

EBWOP: Mask is expressing his disgust.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:35 am

Post by mask man »

Bigmc: Interesting. I notice how he doesn't phrase it like a claim at all. Normally I take this as the way I have been, but perhaps I should check with the source. Staple, care to explain?
muh: I don't get it. Did you mean to have the first sentence of 320 include a question mark replacing the period? "mask man(I'm picky about both m's being lowercase, with a space or underscore.), are you saying that his post was possibly not good for your team?"
I'm assuming I'm totally wrong here because- well I'll answer my assumed incorrect translation first of all: Er, wait I'm confused now. If I was scum, then what Staple said would be profiting me. I'll just wait for a correction so I can get this straight.
Show
But one day he said,

muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:47 am

Post by muh316 »

You two could have been scum and the disgust could have been considered that your telling him that he is giving away his scumminess.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”