Mini 855: Colorless Rainbow Town (Halted for list mod error)

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by d3x »

There you go, guys.
That's
WIFOM.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

One thing I would like to use to try and put the insanity thing to bed is my PM states my role as town cop, and also states I am pro-town.

I dont think it would be worded like that if there was insane/paranoid cops as they tend to serve as anti-town roles (meaning their investigations can harm the town rather than help it.)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Amished wrote:/facepalm @ 763. If he's modkilled, his role is revealed, but he'd automatically lose. You can claim that somebody is guilty because of a cop investigation. Christ don't be so paranoid about it.
Hmmm, I wouldn't think a mod would post a potential cops sanity after being killed if it verified his NK claim, but that's just me. But one can always hope.
Wait, are you actually hoping for a mod kill on a claimed cop here?
If I were scum, which I'm not, and I were another townie player, I would hope he was nk'd to verify my guilt if it was posted he was sane.

Since I am town, and I think he is lying in his rc,
yes, I hope he is nk'd.
Again, I will ask... how have I, in your opinion gone from Insane/paranoid cop to lying in my claim and confirmed scum if you flip town.

Why do you keep failing to answer that?
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by d3x »

:lol: You're surprised that he's not answering things? jason, did you read the end of D1/start of D2?

GTKAS - d3x
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

jasonT1981 wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Amished wrote:/facepalm @ 763. If he's modkilled, his role is revealed, but he'd automatically lose. You can claim that somebody is guilty because of a cop investigation. Christ don't be so paranoid about it.
Hmmm, I wouldn't think a mod would post a potential cops sanity after being killed if it verified his NK claim, but that's just me. But one can always hope.
Wait, are you actually hoping for a mod kill on a claimed cop here?
If I were scum, which I'm not, and I were another townie player, I would hope he was nk'd to verify my guilt if it was posted he was sane.

Since I am town, and I think he is lying in his rc,
yes, I hope he is nk'd.
Again, I will ask... how have I, in your opinion gone from Insane/paranoid cop to lying in my claim and confirmed scum if you flip town.

I never said it was confirmed. I said I think you are lying.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
I never said it was confirmed. I said I think you are lying.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:And you say there is no appeal to emotion lol
It's not an appeal to emotion. I don't have an alterior motive.
I want to be lynched to prove that I am town and Chinaman and Jason are the last scum.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Amished »

@Jason: that doesn't *prove* you're sane. Like the wiki said, insane cops can help the town through the fact that they know their results are just backwards.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Amished »

EBWOP: I'm not saying that you aren't sane (which I believe you are), but wording like that isn't mod confirmed sane. And with that current line of saying pro-town/whatever; that's coming close to quoting a PM and I don't want you modkilled. I'd suggest to not continue that line of "proof"

No, my name is not "Ed."
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

And if there were never any anti-town roles in the town Beloved Princess' and PGO's wouldn't exist.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Amished »

And there'd never be millers. You realize talking about random roles does not add to the game. I'm about to just ignore you pretty soon.

No, my name is not "Ed."
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Amished wrote:And there'd never be millers. You realize talking about random roles does not add to the game. I'm about to just ignore you pretty soon.
:?

I refute your point and you accuse me of not adding to the game?
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Alright, let's don out some answers here.

@ Lots of People: How is making a list such as mine anti-town?

@ Dizzle 687: Yeah, sorry about the list mixup. I'll have to redo that.

@ China 717: All information regarding me is correct here.

@ Dizzle 719: I was actually trying to say that it was unfortunate he wasn't having fun.

@ d3x 733: Did I say that? I don't recall it.

Anyways, I've gotta say I feel pretty comfy with a Monkey lynch, especially considering 793, the 809 slip, and the WIFOM.

Vote: Monkeyman
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by d3x »

Alright, I'm going to come right out and say it. I think anyone pushing for a lynch of MM this early is trying to stiffle discussion {read-antiTown}. We're barely 24 hours into this day and we have no leads on the remaining Scum {assuming there are remaining Scum}. Those Voting MM {excluding MM himself} why do you want to end the Day so fast?

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by d3x »

In p402, Fuzzy wrote:I also don't feel that I'm making the biggest failure to play here.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by d3x »

In p209, I wrote:
MM wrote:Why do you think info is bad for the town?
If you're askling a single player, I see less harm in this than otherwise. If you're asking everyone, then it's pretty dangerous, imo. You can ultimately set the Town up for some pretty ugly things down the line, regardless of your intentions. If we all weigh in with our Top 3 Town list, we're handing the Scum an NK shopping list. If there are mostly accepted proTownies on each others' lists, then the Scum have a great opportunity to setup a cherrypicked End Game scenario.

For an example on that last point, say that pretty much everyone thinks players A and B are proTown. Player A has some suspicion towards B and visa-versa. The Scum will see that and try to play it up, leaving the 2 of them in the game longer so that in the End Game scenario, they are going to go after each other. I know that this isn't going to happen every time, but it
does
happen.

GTKAS - d3x
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Amished »

And I refuted your refutation by bringing up roles that almost certainly aren't in this game; yet are still probably 100x more common than yours. None of which are relevant to this particular scenario and anything to do within the boundaries of this game; so yes, you're not adding to the game.

@Fuzzy: I believe I slightly covered it in my claim post (or my explanation post shortly after). If everyone posted such lists, it gives the scum much more information to get a general consensus of who is most widely regarded as pro-town. Giving them such information on a silver platter allows them to kill the biggest threat (in the manner of not being able to force a mislynch on them easily) and leaving the scummy players in the game so that mislynches are easier and more likely to create mass confusion. All of this allows scum to get by easier; which is anti-town. I've already explained why I did my list (in an attempt to manipulate the town as a whole (scum included) to target me in the case of watchers and the scum night kill so that I could stop their kill through self-protection).

Where are Skruffs and ZEEnon?

@last scum: I'll be protecting one of Jason or I tonight; so I suggest you leave us alone if you don't want to risk another no-kill.

No, my name is not "Ed."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by cruelty »

Wow.

Amished wrote:@cruel: 1 last thing: Is anti-town always scum? If you're town, do you expect to be under suspicion if you feel you're trying hard?
Of course anti-town isn't always scum (deliberate anti-town I'd say always is though). It's a good place to start looking, though. I'm not really sure what the second question means.

MM wrote:I tend to believe the first, because of Chinaman's peculiar behavior today, and of course, I know I'm town.
Can you tell me exactly what's peculiar about CM's behaviour today? I've been reading his posts and whilst I don't necessarily agree with all his points, I don't think he's said anything particularly peculiar.
MM wrote:My defence is Chinaman's behavior(claiming that we shouldn't believe my night action without hearing what it was, then not voting for me oncce he hears it, even though it potentially implicates him), the fact that you could be a paranoid cop, and that Amished is willing to lynch someone because he thinks town roleblockers are rare(which is not true).
a) Please answer my questions re: CM's behaviour.
b) Speculation, not a defence.
c) That's one player. Again, not a defence.

Amished wrote:@last scum: I'll be protecting one of Jason or I tonight; so I suggest you leave us alone if you don't want to risk another no-kill.
That's so obvious it's ridiculous. Why bother saying that?
the nexus of the crisis
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Amished »

Cause I doubt the intelligence of the last scum? To allow MMan to try to clear himself on such a weak claim is suicidal to say the least.

Also, my 2nd question, rephrased: If you're trying your best to find scum (as town); would you typically expect to fall under suspicion?

(non-game related question: Have you ever played with zwetschenwasser?)

No, my name is not "Ed."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by cruelty »

This is only my second game, never heard of zwetschenwasser.

I just tend to think that when people state the blindingly obvious in this game, it's usually calculated. I'm wary of that, so I try to press the point a little.

It depends on how I'm going about finding scum. I think that an aggressive scum hunter is going to be in the spotlight and therefore yeah, that kind of player could reasonably expect to be a suspect for some people. Someone who is more of an interpreter/reader (that is, decides on a suspect based on an overall read rather than rabid tenacity) would be less likely to fall under suspicion.
the nexus of the crisis
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Amished »

Hehe, you'll have fun with your deliberately anti-town = a scumtell then if you see him.

You play beyond your experience, but sometimes you have to take into account the situation in which certain people say things. I'll go through my reasoning here after the game if you want to know. Ask me, otherwise I'll probably forget. You're right that people always have a reason, but if you question reasons from somebody you really think is pro-town (after my claim of self-protecting doc and no NK; I'd believe me, but that's just me) you'll often wreck the plans of people that are genuinely trying to help the town. There are times when even when it's obvious, it's best to keep it to yourself and wait til a new day to see what further information can be gained.

No, my name is not "Ed."
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by cruelty »

Yeah I can see what you're saying (although I note that it's interesting you assume that I think you pro-town, and I similarly note you covering your ass on that ;]) but I think that as a general rule, subtle manipulation is the domain of scum.
the nexus of the crisis
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:08 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm going to stop the game. Normally, I'm normally the one updating the games in the queue, but MeMe did last weekend due to my computer problems that you know about. When she updated this game, she put MonkeyMan576 as the modkilled goon, not Raivann, and MonkeyMan576
WAS
a goon in this game. I feel nice this morning, so everybody except Raivann wins.

Here's what Josh Lyman gave MeMe, which she relayed to me:

Josh Lyman wrote:There is nothing that's not in the PMs below (I didn't want to confuse myself on my first game!).

Vanilla Town to 7 players not listed below.

Welcome to Rainbow Town Mafia! You are a townie. You have no known allies. You are pro-town, and win when all anti-town players are dead. At night, you take no action. Please confirm by PM.

Town Doc to Hero764

Welcome to Rainbow Town Mafia! You are the Town Doctor. You are pro-town, and win when all anti-town players are dead. Each Night, you may PM me to indicate a player you want to protect. You may not protect the same player twice, ever. You may only protect yourself once during the game, so choose carefully. Please confirm by PM.

Town Cop to jasonT1981

Welcome to Rainbow Town Mafia! You are the Town Cop. You are pro-town, and win when all anti-town players are dead. Each Night, you may PM me to indicate a player you want to investigate. Please confirm by PM.

Serial Killer to Sweep

Welcome to Rainbow Town Mafia! You are a Serial Killer. You are aligned only with yourself. Your are neither pro-town or anti-town. You must perform a nightkill each night; you must PM me each night with your choice of nightkill. You win when everyone else in the game is dead. You are mostly bulletproof; you cannot be nightkilled by Mafia. Additionally, twice during the game, you may (during Night) Roleblock one player (not the same player twice); also by PM. Please confirm by PM.

Mafia goon to Raivann, MonkeyMan

Welcome to Rainbow Town Mafia! You are a Mafia Goon. You are allied with MonkeyMan576/Raivann. You are anti-town, and win when yours is the only surviving faction. At night, you may communicate with MonkeyMan576/Raivann and collectively attempt to kill another player. Please confirm by PM.
NIGHT ONE ACTIONS

Amished protects himself.
Chinaman and MonkeyMan576 attempt to kill Amished, but Amished gets protected.
jasonT1981 investigates MonkeyMan576 as guilty.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Chinaman »

AWWW man! I was so in the clear after what MM did. I was surprised MM called me out on my NK attempt though. Holy smoking bullets dodged.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Actually, I would have pushed for your lynch day 3. if I was alive... it was hella obvious bussing. And would have posted before day 2 ended to go for you in case I was NK'ed that i felt it was bussing.

You would have been my night 2 investigation anyway.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:41 am

Post by Chinaman »

really? cuz...well....it wasn't bussing at all actually. Neither technically nor realistically. I was on him before even Raivann flipped. Plus I thought for sure MM was telling the truth since I did indeed try and kill amished Night One. Can you point out why you think it was bussing? Just to help me out if I ever get a fun role again.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”