Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:47 am

Post by crypto »

"mask man(I'm picky about both m's being lowercase, with a space or underscore.), are you saying that his post was possibly not good for your team?"
Mask Man is grammatically correct, though, regardless of how your actual user name is capitalized. :P
---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 325):

RayFrost - 1(mask man)
Staple - 5(le Chat, hiphop, crypto, bigmc109, muh316)
crypto - 2(X_~, Empking)
X_~ - 2(EtherealCookie, Sando)
Pomegranate - 2(SerialClergyman, charter)

Not Voting:Staple, Kaiveran, Pomegranate, RayFrost

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:51 am

Post by crypto »

You two could have been scum and the disgust could have been considered that your telling him that he is giving away his scumminess.
That's retarded. Disgust is usually used as a joke tool to express how scummy or stupid you think someone is being.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 am

Post by mask man »

muh316 wrote:You two could have been scum and the disgust could have been considered that your telling him that he is giving away his scumminess.
Ah thank you for explaining that. And thank you, crypto, for defending me so that I don't have to- ah screw it. Despite my distaste for his use of the word 'retarded', he is right and your comment was idiotic. I would also like to point out that as scum I would not openly show disgust for something that only scum would show disgust for, as it is scums job to seem town.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:11 am

Post by crypto »

Despite my distaste for his use of the word 'retarded', he is right and your comment was idiotic.
Oh, please. I have an autistic cousin. Breathe.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I'm sorry my, laptop was broken. Hopefully I'll have a chance post some content later tonight.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

SerialClergyman wrote:
....I think the point was that we do both.
Discussion doesn't come out of a vacuum. If we KNOW we're going to no lynch, talking won't mean much. You need the threat of an imminent lynch to force the hunting. I'm happy with discussion, and I'm happy with lynching people, but discussing amongst ourselves if we all know the result will be a no lynch is just wasting time, imho.
I know, but it's a possibility, and that's known. I have to say that at this point I doubt we'll no-lynch anyway.
Sando wrote:
Staple wrote:Please ask me some questions so I can prove to you that I am in fact a townie
This isn't how you 'prove' you are townie. Your actions must speak for themselves, also, what are we meant to question you on? Are we meant to just ask 'are you town' and trust the answer?

I just saw this(, catching up). Soooo scummy.
When I was being taught about playing online mafia, this was something which was stressed: When you're under suspicion, you do need to defend yourself, but the main thing to do is continuing to scumhunt. As a townie, one's goal is to catch scum, and if that's your goal, you need to go for it. Your goal isn't not to be lynched; obviously you should try to prevent it, but that shouldn't be your top priority. It's scum's top priority.

crypto: How do you make those charts? Awesome.
mask man wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
mask man wrote:
Even if your 'small 14 year old brain' can't digest a bunch of words that your eyes showed it, I'm sure you have a few things bouncing around in that hallow box you call a head.
MaskMan, as a 15 year old, I am insulted by the bolded.
Sorry, 'small 14 year old brain' was single quoted because a certain someone was complaining about being too young to comprehend the game. I myself am 14.
I guess we have more younger players than I thought. I think I still win though for being the youngest. :P
Staple wrote:
3. You have only 2 votes on you, why are you already preaching to us that you're a townie?
Because its not good for the town to lynch a townie? Do you suggest I claim cop instead?

I guess you guys are correct in lynching me, since I know I've been playing scummy. I will probably only cause more confusion throughout the game because of my scummy behavior these first few pages. You guys also do not lose much by lynching since I have not been contributing at all. Think the only way I could defend myself at this moment is to say that I will be more active from here on in, and I am a townie so it does not benefit the town to lynch me.
It's not good for the town to lynch a townie, but you're just coming off as over defensive. That is usually found more in scum, who need to survive. The (last) paragraph has a lot of AtE. This + the last post of his I quoted =
Vote: Staple
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by crypto »

I think a lot of players here are under twenty. (I'm seventeen.)
crypto: How do you make those charts? Awesome.
XMind. Super awesome little program (and free).

I don't like several votes on the wagon. I still really like Pom Pom as scum. But a Staple lynch works at least as well, so whatever.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

muh316 wrote:
I guess you guys are correct in lynching me, since I know I've been playing scummy. I will probably only cause more confusion throughout the game because of my scummy behavior these first few pages. You guys also do not lose much by lynching since I have not been contributing at all. Think the only way I could defend myself at this moment is to say that I will be more active from here on in, and I am a townie so it does not benefit the town to lynch me.
Wow EPIC scum fail. Most of the people havent posted content including me and you are accusing yourself of lack of content. Then when you say and i am townie and does not benefit town to lynch me. It is a clear giveaway that your a scum. Your roleclaim seems extremely suspicious right now.

Vote Staple

And no I am not bandwagoning with BMC because all he said was vote.
Cool story bro.
I know asian kids that spend ten hours studying every day too.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Oh man, why do I always quote the wrong quotes?
Ok i got a bit carried away there on the me acting stupid but seriously I am smart in real life. I was Valedictorian and I was the only student in my school to get a perfect score on the State exams. Im just a but lazy on the non-mandatory reading thats all. So I dont post much content. But I prmoise that I'm going to come up with something by today.
Anyhow, on Staple: I'm not convinced he's scum. 99% he's scum that's cracked? Hardly. More like 50/50. I'd rather see a bit more from him before I pass my judgement.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by crypto »

Okay, let's dissect this post in case anyone important still isn't interested in lynching Staple.

Here's the post:
I guess you guys are correct in lynching me, since I know I've been playing scummy.
Says it's a good idea to lynch him. (Can be tagged with "appeal to emotion" and "self-destructive townie is a policy lynch.")
I will probably only cause more confusion throughout the game because of my scummy behavior these first few pages.
Self-critical. See above.
You guys also do not lose much by lynching since I have not been contributing at all.
Self-critical. See above.
Think the only way I could defend myself at this moment is to say that I will be more active from here on in,
1. I think this is the second or third time he said this. Talking the talk . . .
2. Weird thing to say. Seems to be clearing himself by establishing that activity is a town tell.(I could be reading into this.)
3. Talks about what he needs to do to clear himself, but doesn't ever do it. I.e., he throws a bone telling us he's town, but then goes back to lurking.
and I am a townie so it does not benefit the town to lynch me.
Contradicts first bunch of sentences. Clearly he's in two minds here. Cognitive difference, yadda, yadda. Haaang hiiim.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

He's in the 'scum trying to look town' mindset, obviously. It's somewhat clear.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by crypto »

Not to the ten people who aren't voting for him.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I assumed as much.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Also, for the forum move, I probably won't do anything special. Just talk until the site goes down and pick up when the site is up.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by mask man »

I really don't have much problem with Staple. As a matter of fact even when I vote someone D1 aiming for a lynch(And I don't like to say this often because I get thrown on the ground and stomped on for this a lot with "Then why the fuck are you voting" logic.), I am sure that the person is vanilla townie being fucked up. I think it's because of how many idiotic vanilla noobs they are and how I can't get a read blah blah blah... Not to mention statistics of hitting scum like that anyway. But atm Staple is looking like epic fried scum on a bun. The only reason I'm not really voting him now is because I have a few questions and such that haven't been addressed yet.
Show
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

mask man wrote:
I really don't have much problem with Staple.
As a matter of fact even when I vote someone D1 aiming for a lynch(And I don't like to say this often because I get thrown on the ground and stomped on for this a lot with "Then why the fuck are you voting" logic.), I am sure that the person is vanilla townie being fucked up. I think it's because of how many idiotic vanilla noobs they are and how I can't get a read blah blah blah... Not to mention statistics of hitting scum like that anyway.
But atm Staple is looking like epic fried scum on a bun.
The only reason I'm not really voting him now is because I have a few questions and such that haven't been addressed yet.
Please explain the contradiction.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Fine, Crypto. You get back your house avatar, I'll vote for Staple.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by mask man »

I really don't have much problem with voting Staple.*

If you don't believe me, the quote without the parentheses(and the last sentence) reads as

"
As a matter of fact even when I vote someone D1 aiming for a lynch, I am sure that the person is vanilla townie being fucked up. I think it's because of how many idiotic vanilla noobs they are and how I can't get a read blah blah blah... Not to mention statistics of hitting scum like that anyway.
But atm Staple is looking like epic fried scum on a bun.
"

And if you keep dissecting, you'll find that the word 'but' doesn't really fit in with the second sentence+thoughts that explain that I normally think someone is town when I say something like that/vote for a lynch...

"
As a matter of fact
even
when I vote someone D1 aiming for a lynch,
I am sure
that the person is vanilla townie.
But
atm
Staple is looking like
epic fried
scum
on a bun.
"

"I don't have a problem with Staple, he seems town. As a matter of fact even when I vote someone D1 I am sure that person is vanilla townie." Doesn't really make sen.... well actually it would kinda if I was voting him and it wasn't D1.
Show
But one day he said,

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

mask man, I am still extremely confused. Since it's D1, you think whoever you vote is likely to be town (ok I guess, concerning the statistics), so therefore you won't vote for Staple? And you don't have a problem with him, even though he's looking scummy? :?

You don't expect who you vote for to be scum, but you think Staple looks scummy, but you don't mind?

Man, I am so confused.

Any clarification?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by crypto »

EtherealCookie, can you explain what made you go from leaning scum on Staple to having a 50/50 read on him?
Staple - Lurks, attacks X_~ for lurking, comments on X_~ first post, which basically says he never noticed this post, but he will help find scum. The problem with that first post by X_~ was that he never commented on anything going on at the moment. However, Staple does the SAME EXACT THING, to the point of explaining why he hadn't commented previous (Everything had already been addressed, which is a garbage reason.) Very few posts. At the moment, leaning scum.
Anyhow, on Staple: I'm not convinced he's scum. 99% he's scum that's cracked? Hardly. More like 50/50. I'd rather see a bit more from him before I pass my judgement.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by crypto »

RayFrost posting in General Discussion but not in this thread is FTMFL.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by mask man »

I'm kinda lolling inside.
Okay, key st00f right here pome, "The only reason I'm not really voting him now is because I have a few questions and such that haven't been addressed yet."

I'm saying that Staple looks like uber scum, terribly. I think Staple is indeed scum.
And I put in "Well D1 I often think this person is Vanilla town... BUT THIS TIME"

(The underlined word were to point out how the post was strung together in a way that backs up me saying that I thought Staple is fine FOR A LYNCH.)

So outside thoughts: Pome is the only one confused about what I have to say right? I don't need to re-do reasoning skills/explanation class?
Show
But one day he said,

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by RayFrost »

crypto wrote:RayFrost posting in General Discussion but not in this thread is FTMFL.
FTMFL?

Also, I'm in school, don't have time to do the reading/posts here that'd blow your hair back :P
don't you feel silly now?
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by mask man »

Yeah, if Ray can't say 'Hi mask!', he can't say anything town.
Show
But one day he said,

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

crypto wrote:EtherealCookie, can you explain what made you go from leaning scum on Staple to having a 50/50 read on him?
Staple - Lurks, attacks X_~ for lurking, comments on X_~ first post, which basically says he never noticed this post, but he will help find scum. The problem with that first post by X_~ was that he never commented on anything going on at the moment. However, Staple does the SAME EXACT THING, to the point of explaining why he hadn't commented previous (Everything had already been addressed, which is a garbage reason.) Very few posts. At the moment, leaning scum.
Because the "I give up, lynch me if you want, but I'm just a townie" doesn't seem likely for scum to do, especially on Day I. I think we should still continue looking around for scum, instead of being content on lynching him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”