Mini 848 - Second String Muppets Mafia - Game Over.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

elvis_knits wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:No, I will not be apologizing because those quotes are completely out of context monkey.

Did you miss what ecto was saying all day yesterday??
ecto wrote:I believe we are in a No Lynch situation.
ecto wrote:A No Lynch is simple math.
ecto wrote:Pro-town - No Lynch in order to mathematically improve odds.
Ectomancer wrote:So do you two plan to wait until Jordan gets here so you can at best get a /random roll, or are you going to move the game along and vote No Lynch?
There are more quotes... ecto wants to no-lynch all day long. He onle talks about massclaiming when he thinks he has no choice.
ecto wrote:If we decide to lynch, we can argue over mass claims, etc when that time comes.
I don't buy that. We always have choices. Your hyper-defence of ecto is rather telling.
HOW CAN YOU NOT BUY THAT? Read ecto's posts. Is there really any doubt he wanted a no lynch and he did NOT want a mass claim??
How do you know what he wanted or didn't want? Can you read his mind or are you talking in a different forum?
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

For fuck's sake.

Unvote, Vote: Monkey

If you flip town here I will purposefully avoid games with you in them.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Why, because I don't agree with Elvis' argument? I've been playing the whole game, you replace in and decide that Ecto is pro-town?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Alright. Ekim, my hats off to you if scum, but then again, I don't see what you could have done to make you a better lynch than Monkey. My hope and bet is that we see us all back tomorrow morning.

vote Monkey

I still think I'm right about Jordan (now Kiku) too. He is still on site playing, and though it could be argued he was getting caught out as scum and bailed, I think it more likely that he was trying to follow all the townie rules he knew of and still looked bad. Rather than be the cause of a town loss, he let someone else try to salvage it.
Either way, I'm disappointed. You shouldn't quit even if you know you lost. (barring emergencies)
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 4.2

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

elvis_knits: 2: Snix (2), MonkeyMan576 (3)
MonkeyMan576: 2: kikuchiyo (5), Ectomancer (6)

Not Voting: ekiM, elvis_knits

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently elvis_knits would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 11:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM PDT on Monday, November 2nd 2009.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

So, nobody finds it suspicious that Jordan claimed not vanilla?

Unvote

I want Ekim and Elvis to post thoughts.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Snix »

Ok, 100% truth time, because if we do lynch scum today I'm sure I'm dead tonight and if we don't it's game over soo...

I am not Hilda, I used that as a name because it was 100% confirmed (by mod) unused in the game (I.E. no one could counter claim truthfully).

The reason I did this is because my real name is Janice from Electric Mayhem. (and the town prostitute apparently) The rest of Electric Mayhem is scum (trying to change the show to all music). There are 3 of them: Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper and Zoot.

I know that they are scum and they know that I know. So I'm a prime target for Night Killing if they knew it was me.

So there it is, that's why Hilda doesn't flavour right for Role Blocker and why I lied.

That's also why I was so interested in why a lot of people thought there were 3 scum total. It was an unknown number and people acted like they knew it as a fact.

I again would like to reiterate why I believe Elvis is scum: I see no point to scum pulling a gambit like this, to not NK and hope to push a misslynch with a higher number of town votes necessary. It would have been much easier to push a misslynch if there was 1 less town.

I'd feel less comfortably with a monkey lynch because in my mind Elvis is 100% scum. If this is some clever Scum gambit then WE'RE DOOMED!!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

kikuchiyo wrote:So, nobody finds it suspicious that Jordan claimed not vanilla?

Unvote

I want Ekim and Elvis to post thoughts.
Look, I know you had a lot of reading to do to catch up, but try to retain it.
elvis_knits wrote:
kikuchiyo wrote:Apparently my player slot is corrupted. The only reason I would think Jordan would say "I'm not vanilla" would be to draw an nk. Kind of odd, but it leaves me a bit fucked.
I actually think I know why jordan did that.
jordan wrote:You want the mafia to overestimate you as much as possible, especially if ur vanilla.
Ectomancer wrote:I was thinking that it had to do with this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=2872

but I think he was subscribing to the idea that as vanilla you should always claim a power role. Not certain that is the right thread. I read quite a bit of Jordan in MD in the weeks prior to this game.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Heh, you are convinced that Elvis is scum because there was no kill and you role...woops no you lied...

Monkey and Snix are our two remaining scum Kiku.

Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote:Heh, you are convinced that Elvis is scum because there was no kill and you role...woops no you lied...

Monkey and Snix are our two remaining scum Kiku.
I'm still a roleblocker, genius, never said I wasn't. Did you read any of that? I had to lie or I would have died and given town no information. None.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Lynch all Lyars.

Unvote:
Vote: Snix
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Let me get this straight, snix:

You claimed Hilda YESTERDAY trying to push a massclaim without consensus.

Me and monkey vote you yesterday, but you get away under a nolynch.

Today you come out firing against me, claiming Hilda, roleblocker.

ekiM points out your flavor doesn't match your role.

You admit you lied, that you're not Hilda.

And when you talked about your "real" role you didn't say you're a role blocker, just some confusing crap about being a town prostitute. Ecto called you on it, and you're like "oh yeah I am still a roleblocker."

I think I know what happened. I think you wanted a mass claim yesterday, and tried to start it by claiming Hilda. Then since you were under fire you had to come up with this gambit of yours claiming role blocker. But Hilda doesn't really fit with role blocker, and ekiM caught it, so now you're digging the hole deeper.

I see no reason why you would have to lie about your role.

vote snix
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Stop it, stop it NOW.

It doesn't fucking matter if Snix is scum
today
. Elvis and Snix are
trapped
and I'll resign from the site if both of them are scum.

From what I vaguely recall, though I've never seen it, a prostitute is a form of roleblocker.
The Roleblocker can exist with either a pro-Town or anti-Town alignment (this one known as Mafia Roleblocker or Prostitute).
Now the wiki says it is likely anti-town aligned. Wiki isn't God or Mod and so that isn't written in stone and I'm not guessing whether Zorblag

unvote

Now if I understand Snix correctly, He is a bit of a snitch, because he knows the
role
names of his targets, but not which players have that name.
Now, I don't know if scum would have gotten a hint about Snix's role or not, but possibly. That would explain why Snix would need a valid fake claim name.
Now, Snix's role is a bit of a flavor cop, so long as he can get another member of Electric Mayhem to say their flavor name. That also explains why he would try to instigate an undercover mass claim like that.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

unvote
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Ecto, I really think snix is scum though.

I guess I can go for monkey though. He is lying so I think he's scum too.
Talk nerdy to me.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Actually it does matter if Snix is scum or not. If he were, Monkey's vote would be bussing (or Monkey isn't scum). I didn't think he would be bussing, even as a gambit at this point. They couldn't allow either one of them to be lynched and I can't believe that Monkey would think that being on a scum lynch wagon would prevent him from being lynched too.

I don't think I have to worry about that though. I believe Snix. That means Monkey isn't bussing, and would absolutely go flying onto a LAL bandwagon on him.

Now get this very clear Snix, go back and read what I already said and pay very close attention.
This doesn't mean Elvis is scum
. He could be, yes, but he isn't
verified
scum.

Still going to stir this pot for awhile, it's coming to a good simmer. Our group of focus still needs to be Ecto, Monkey, Kiku, and Ekim.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Ectomancer »

elvis_knits wrote:Ecto, I really think snix is scum though.
I did too.

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:22 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

I can't lynch Ekim or Ecto. I can't find much scummy about their play. If Snix is lying, then he's really putting in some effort to it. I still think there's a chance he's scum roleblocker. Reading Ekim in iso and its a lot of theory, but sound decision making. Ecto is pro-town all the way. Monkey is the only one looking scummy out of us four imo.

Ecto: I don't have solid blocks of time to read "cover to cover". I'm trying to sift through relevant pages and read players in iso. Its the best I can do. If you want me replaced I am okay with it, but I don't believe every last word in a thread needs to be combed through. Many times I feel I can investigate by having a player summarize a situation and then going back and reading the relevant material to compare/contrast.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Ecto, why do you believe snix?
Talk nerdy to me.

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:40 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Rereading and I am more convinced that Snix is scum. I think he may be a busdriver or something. It would explain the guilty for sure, and being the only one to question the sanity of Sam, makes you wonder.

I think Ecto may be going a bit far with this.

Elvis: do you think a Ecto/Snix pairing is possible?
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Snix »

kikuchiyo wrote:Rereading and I am more convinced that Snix is scum. I think he may be a busdriver or something. It would explain the guilty for sure, and being the only one to question the sanity of Sam, makes you wonder.

I'd like to know why you think this.

also, @ecto, I understand that my result doesn't mean that Elvis is 100% scum but I can't see any other
Logical
explanation for a no kill at night.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

kikuchiyo wrote:Rereading and I am more convinced that Snix is scum. I think he may be a busdriver or something. It would explain the guilty for sure, and being the only one to question the sanity of Sam, makes you wonder.

I think that if they were both scum then they'd probably both be pushing for my lynch.

I mean, if it's lylo, why not?

It's not 100% or anything, but I just think the odds are against it.
Talk nerdy to me.

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:21 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Snix 745: You could be lying and have no-killed to push the Elvis lynch.

The only connection I see between you and Ecto is his insistence today that you not be lynched.

746 makes sense. What do we do then? Ekim is certainly not contributing a whole lot and could be lurking scum, and Monkey is so scummy it seems like the best play. Unfortunately, Monkey has seemed like the best play before and flipped town for me, so I'm just frustrated now.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

TBH, I'm actually not totally clear on the ecto plan of not lynching snix or me. I mean, I apreciate not dying and all, but I'm not clear on why that is the only strategy. I fail at planning strategy though.
Talk nerdy to me.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm at a regional orchestral tryout with my son and on my G1 so I'm going to wait until I have a full keyboard and more ease sorting through the the thread and posts. I know I addressed both questions to me, but can elaborate or simplify or explain leaps of logic that may be obvious to me, but not to you.

A general answer is this: people acting scummy are suspicious unless you can find a town motivated reason for what they've done. Snix's play, if a scum gambit is elaborate and his recent claim really does explain almost every scummy point in Snix play.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”