Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by hiphop »

EtherealCookie wrote:
Because the "I give up, lynch me if you want, but I'm just a townie" doesn't seem likely for scum to do, especially on Day I.
I think we should still continue looking around for scum, instead of being content on lynching him.
bold = wifom. Nobody said anything about not scum hunting. The last sentence is awfully close to defending. You should let Staple defend himself.
---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 350):

RayFrost - 1(mask man)
Staple - 6(le Chat, hiphop, crypto, bigmc109, muh316, Pomegranate)
crypto - 2(X_~, Empking)
X_~ - 2(EtherealCookie, Sando)
Pomegranate - 2(SerialClergyman, charter)

Not Voting:Staple, Kaiveran, RayFrost

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Whatever. I still think X_~ is more scummy.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Staple »

Crypto, I feel you are a bit erratic and all over the place. You seem to be a bit paranoid. Everything I have said is true. How is it an appeal to emotion when I say exactly what is true. Is it a lie when I say that I am a good vote because I have not been contributing and I have come across as scummy?
I am an Atheist, and I'm proud of it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Empking »

unvote

Vote: Muh

I'm feel that the Staple bandwagon is scum lead (though I am seeing it as perhaps bussing) and with Muh's "I'm not bandwagoning" I feel he's scummier than Crypto.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I gotcha, mask man. No need for more explanation. Thanks.

Staple wrote:Crypto, I feel you are a bit erratic and all over the place. You seem to be a bit paranoid. Everything I have said is true. How is it an appeal to emotion when I say exactly what is true. Is it a lie when I say that I am a good vote because I have not been contributing and I have come across as scummy?
Whether or not it's true doesn't affect it being AtE or not. Why shouldn't I vote for you if even
you'd
consider voting yourself(, if you were observing this game from an outside perspective)?

I think he's digging himself into a pit.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:07 am

Post by muh316 »

Staple your just trying to get some sympathy from us so you dont get lyched and your only choice right now is to go on with your act so we dont think you are scum. Clear scum strategy.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:14 am

Post by bigmc109 »

Staple wrote:Crypto, I feel you are a bit erratic and all over the place. You seem to be a bit paranoid. Everything I have said is true. How is it an appeal to emotion when I say exactly what is true. Is it a lie when I say that I am a good vote because I have not been contributing and I have come across as scummy?
....OK let's do it then. Does anyone have any reasons that they aren't voting Staple besides an early bandwagon?
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Staple »

@pom: Because I'm a villa. You don't know this for sure so voting for me is perfectly justifiable.

@Muh: God I must be the worst scum ever.
I am an Atheist, and I'm proud of it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Empking »

bigmc109 wrote:
....OK let's do it then. Does anyone have any reasons that they aren't voting Staple besides an early bandwagon?
Its obviously scum-led.

You and Muh are far more scummy.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Pomegranate »

V/LA now through Saturday night.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:23 am

Post by mask man »

Staple wrote:@Muh: God I must be the worst scum ever.
I have thought about how fail this is, so all I can say is QFT and the obvious: If you were a good scum player, you wouldn't get caught acting scummy. Simply put "Only a stupid scum would do that and I'm not stupid" is WIFOM and only a stupid townie would act like scum. Uh, you kinda have to read that the right way.
Also, why did you claim Vanilla as a 'defense' when you only had 2 votes? And why say "Would you rather I claimed cop?", bottom line is WHY DID YOU CLAIM AT ALL, it doesn't help the town, it helps the scum, and if you have half a brain you would know that all it would do is make people want to lynch you more. You are really defeatist, why?
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 am

Post by crypto »

That's funny. You didn't seem to think that until I started calling for your wagon.

Oh, wait a second, you didn't seem to think ANYTHING until people began to call for your wagon.

You have yet to contribute to the game aside from weak rhetoric and continued appeals to emotion.

In other news, I noticed something in the pattern of votes/attacks that I want to look into. Later tonight I'll make a big post about it, unless upon closer scrutiny it turns out to be less suspicious than I thought.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:35 am

Post by crypto »

As for erratic and paranoid, I don't think those are the words you're looking for. Are you sure you're not just scum flinging vague vocabulary out there?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Sando »

Yep, bandwagon on Staple looks incredibly opportunistic. Muh has gone from posting very little, and even less of that content, to jumping all over the Staple wagon. I'm with Emp on this one, looks scum led.

Unvote, Vote: Muh316

Mask man not committing to a vote while his target is acting scummy independently, and at the same time seeming to refuse to answer his questions, strikes me as pretty scummy. If I want someone to answer my questions and they won't, I'll vote them, not show them that I won't vote them until they answer me, there-by creating no pressure.

Hi Rayfrost :) FTMFL = For The Mother-F****ing Lose just FYI. I also feel positively ancient now at 24 :P
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by crypto »

crypto wrote:Hiphop:
hiphop wrote:1.SC- I have found that scum usually attack with a solid reason, while town take more risks.
Example based on personal experience, please.
Hiphop, I believe you haven't yet answered this. Could you please do so?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by muh316 »

Actually I started posting more content because everyone started calling me an idiot.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by crypto »

SerialClergyman, you seem to have lost interest in EC. What's your read on him?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by hiphop »

I already gave one example of one game. Do you want me to do all the games? I can do that if you guys really really really want me to, but that will be spamming the thread with unrelevant words that don't have anything common with this game. Read me in iso if you don't where I explained it. I didn't give anything specific, just a generalization with one example. If you want me to find a more specific example I can do that to. Like I said it is unimportant, but that is my opinion.

Muh- your last post is a scumtell.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

crypto, I am of the school that looks to pick about 5 people as town on D1 and be prepared to lynch any of the rest, almost irregardless of scumminess. I've picked up on about 2 or 3 I wouldn't lynch, and everyone else is fair game. So if you're keen on a wagon on EC I'll join you, but for now I'm happy resting on Pom.
I'm old now.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:15 am

Post by muh316 »

Muh- your last post is a scumtell.
Can you tell me why?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:35 am

Post by crypto »

SerialClergyman wrote:crypto, I am of the school that looks to pick about 5 people as town on D1 and be prepared to lynch any of the rest, almost irregardless of scumminess. I've picked up on about 2 or 3 I wouldn't lynch, and everyone else is fair game. So if you're keen on a wagon on EC I'll join you, but for now I'm happy resting on Pom.
That's all great, but what is your read on EC?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Scigatt »

Dudes, read this while you still can:viewtopic.php?t=12392
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:38 am

Post by crypto »

So we can still post until the database moves. Which means nothing to me. And we don't know when that's going to happen, exactly.

Whatever. Tech beyond computer games and word processors was never my forte.

SC, that last post wasn't intended to be snide (well, a little). It seems like you've lost some interest in EC, at least as far as your posts go. I am curious about your line of thought on him.

I might actually post a (brief) list of suspects. A week ago the number of fishy players—in my mind, at least—added up to well over three. The situation hasn't improved, and, irritatingly, some players I had town reads on either are getting progressively scummier or aren't posting at all.

So yeah, while I've lost interest in posting my town reads for scum to eat alive at night, I'm getting restless. I might leave out my town reads (as well as some null reads so that it isn't excessively obvious who I think are town) and just post analyses of major suspects. And hopefully go from there.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:56 am

Post by hiphop »

muh316 wrote:Can you tell me why?
Simply put, you were lurking, but now that people have attacked you (ie your cover is blown) you say you are more active. If that was the case, why were you not in the beginning of the game? What is the difference between now and then?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:16 am

Post by crypto »

Okay, Hiphop. No.

I'm also a little put off by Muh's play (I refer you to my last post: "some players I had town reads on [. . .] are getting progressively scummier"), but let's be fair to him. People, specifically EC and I, started knocking him on Tuesday for lurking. Since then he has been contributing more than a lot of players here. Again, the content of his posts isn't admirable, but he
is
contributing. So when Sando calls him out for going from lurking to wagoning, you can't fault him for saying he'd started posting because he'd taken flak for lurking.

You can't attack him because he stopped lurking. That's uncool and anti-information (and thereby anti-town) on your part because you're basically chastising Muh316 for sharing his thoughts.

You
can
attack the content of his posts, but you didn't do that.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”