California Trilogy: City of Angels - On Camera (Game Over)

StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Actually, me and my alter-ego are having a disagreement about what behaviour to adopt with the button. The more dramatic part wants to push, while the other wants to not push...
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Gaspar »

Sottyrulez, EK's initial reaction was to not push. I (Glork) decided when I got back from my week away, that I want to push, and EK has acquiesced. There is no "setting up to go both ways." Glork takes full responsibility for Push regardless of outcome.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Gaspar »

Also,
Vote:
Push, Don't Push, No Vote
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Gaspar »

I am in agreement with Glork. This is more his hydra than mine. He's been here the whole time and so he's in charge. I haven't even read everything yet, so I'm definitely not as qualified as him.

I originally said don't push because sotty said push and I had made a post about them on the off-stage thread right before start of scene, and I was thinking about that. Overall though I think it's not a big deal, and sotty has seemed pro-town today. It's a little scummy that sotty keeps saying that gaspar doesn't want to push the button even when glork is yelling at the top of his lungs that YES WE WANT TO PUSH THE BUTTON. But hey, maybe it's just a misunderstanding.

Also you will notice that after sotty originally compiled people's first reactions to the button, I did not like who I was grouped with. So I was starting to lean Glork's way anyway.

Overall, just reaffirming that I agree with Glork.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:52 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I would like to push the button if we have no clue what will happen either way. Just if you'd like an opinion from me. I figured I could give you at least that, as I have not fully caught up yet.

I think the stuntman could also mean that we should be courageous. This would imply pushing the button. (Though in my opinion not pushing it would need the same amount of courage, I believe that most people would interpret it is pushing is more daring.

What is up with the stuntman position being not filled?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:10 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Okay there has been a slight confusion here on my part (Sotty)

Gaspar, in regards to post 727 are you talking about post 720? If so we are talking about DGB there not you. Being unable to quote has screwed us here.

This past week I (Sotty) have been sick and the bulk of the posting was in Zach's hands. I made the inital push the button, don't push the button list where Glork said he didn't want to push the button. I also made post 712 keeping the pressure on DGB (because Zach had left work at this time) where I made the mix up of saying that you still didn't want to push. I missed you changing your mind and that is on me.

Also, the point of that post wasn't what option the Gaspar hydra wanted to go, it was supposed to be that the people DGB thinks are scum have taken positions and she STILL refuses to do so herself saying she is waiting. I was just trying to give examples of positions and I kinda screwed it up there.

So yeah, misunderstandings I think. Also Elvis, Zach told me you had some questions, but like I said I have been ill and didn't see them. If you want you can ask them now, or you can wait until we get back off stage and I will answer then.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:11 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Also I am pretty sure that the Stunt man pic means
appoint a stunt man ASAP
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Gaspar »

This is elvis again.

Sotty the thing I was asking about off-stage was your read of Mr.JellyLee. On my read I thought he seemed very pro-town, so I thought it was weird you had him leaning scum (or some quasi-scummy designation). I thought he had a lot of good ideas about theory and how to make the choices, so I was thinking a scum would want to discredit his intelligent remarks (by saying he's scummy). I'm not sure this point is very important at this time, and as I said, I find you very helpful and pro-town today. But if you want to know what my off-stage post was about, that is what it was about. I also remember not really liking zach's reply to my post, but I can't even remember what he said to me at the time.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 am

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

Er reading between the lines and jogging my ever-dimming memory I seem to recall a dream or two... possibly two. I think Mr Green might be right about the meaning of the message. Which means that a certain somebody is sleeping at the switch. We here do not have access to a reminder as to how the stuntman may be appointed, so perhaps *cough cough* we might read our own character fact sheets *cough cough*

Tabris start coughing madly and it's obvious he won't stop until the hint is taken by whomever needs to take the hint.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:57 am

Continuing to cough, Tabris writes on the blackboard:

PUSH

Mr. Green, played by sottyrulez - I just recalled a detail about sotty that I forgot when my head was hot and he'slikely town actually.
Clarence Odbody, played by PookyTheMagicalBear - purposely opaque
Carrie Fisher, played by Talilan - town
Angel, played by Gaspar - 50:50
Valentine Wiggin, played by Panzerjager - recently replaced

DON'T PUSH

Glen Stewart Godwin, played by Thok - scum
Huey Lewis, played by StarKiss - not trustworthy

UNDECIDED

Dweezil Zappa, played by Mighty Orbots - town

UNDECIDED NO MORE

Tabris, played by GoofballsAndBaloons - town and I think imagonnawanna push that button.

*cough cough cough retch cough*
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Talilan »

Actually I think I might like to not push the button
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Elvis yet again...

So I went to see "Stepfather" today which made me never want to leave the house nevermind go on a date ever again. But there was a trailer for "The Box." The premise of the movie is that this weirdo shows up at your door and he opens the box and shows you a button inside. He tells you if you push it that someone in the world that you don't know will die but you will get a million dollars.

Oh I just looked on wikipedia (and I suggest others do the same). Based on a short story and also on a twilight zone episode called "button, button." In the twilight zone episode, the wife decides to push the button (even though the husband doesn't want to). They get the money, and they return the button to the stranger and ask what will happen to the button. The stranger tells them it will be reprogrammed and offered to "someone you don't know." Sort of like if you push the button then you will be eligible to die if the next person pushes the button?

Can this story be the origin of Mr. Grey's little game today?? And should that have anything to do with our decision?

Honestly, I'm not sure, but I found the similarities eerily similar to our decision today and thought I would bring it up in case anyone has any ideas.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Talilan »

you should probably re-read your quicktopic as it will feature you discussing which possibility to assign to each outcome
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Gaspar »

So your point is that scum could assign the outcome and looking at the origins of the game won't help us.

Thanks. I appreciate your obnoxiousness too.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Glork here.

Well EK, I actually have to agree with Talilan on this one. (And before any of you smartasses start up with me, I'm talking about the "scum assigning outcomes" bit -- not the "read your [scum] quicktopic" bit.) While I think that every Decision has some root in a real-life dilemma or puzzle, it's stated in the rules that the scums choose what each decision is. So thinking about the dilemma itself doesn't actually help us, because it very likely had zero impact on how the scums chose to assign Good/Bad outcomes to this Decision.

Is it sad that I almost
want
Talilan to be protown so that I can point to a very valid excuse to never play Mafia with Ortolan again?

Honestly, does
ANYBODY
find his constant throwaway posts even an eensy, weensy bit constructive? DGB, could you please tell him to cut it out already (as he seems to think you are largely infallible)?
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Talilan »

Firstly, I think it's silly to characterise that sort of post as "obnoxious" in the context of a mafia game.

Secondly, in terms of throwaway posts (by the way, I am by no means the only person making them, see Pooky), my post did actually have a substantial purpose. Basically it was telling elvis that mod-WIFOM wasn't actually relevant, seeing as the allocation of good/bad outcomes was not made by the mod but rather by the scum. I am actually a little bit incredulous that she would not know this after the time she's spent in the game and what she's undoubtedly discussed with you. Hence the sarcasm.

About not wanting to play with me again- I'm sorry if you feel that way. I'm also sad that you've given me substantial reason to think you are scum, but no amount of this sort of rhetoric should change that, for obvious reasons.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Talilan »

I wonder if the "moving day" will have any effect on the deadline.

Vote: Don't push the button
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm confused by Carrie's apparent reasoning. (Apparent, because Carrie hasn't really given us anything really concrete.) It seems to be something like "I find Godwin and Angel scummy, and therefore I'll vote with them", except that Angel and I are no longer voting together. I can see ways that might work, but on it's own it feels weird.

I find Tabris and Odbody more reasonable people to base my vote off of (in the sense that I don't think it is a good idea for my choice to resemble either of their choices.)

Vote: Don't push the button
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by Talilan »

I will explain my most recent reasoning process as well as my original choice.

Basically, I was assuming Gaspy is scum. At the beginning of the scene, in post 579, he said "don't push the button", which was why I still mistakenly believed that was his choice even though he apparently amended it later.

Last scene he continually insisted on the correct choice of action even when everyone was voting against it.

This scene I was thinking, he will try to turn the tables on us. He expects I and perhaps others will vote with him, expecting him to be double-bluffing as scum as he was last scene. Instead, this time, he chooses the wrong option (after all, if he's town, he shouldn't be getting it right all the time anyway).

Now I realised, he's voting for pushing the button and Thoky's voting for not pushing the button.

Thokky's more likely to be scum they are grooming for the end-game than Gaspy. Thus to not put all their eggs in one basket, and for the desired social engineering, they will have Gaspy try to coerce the town the wrong way- after all, his days are numbered and he's not going to make it to end-game and certainly won't be trusted if he does anyway. Thokster, however, is vying for the end-game, and can try to get some bonus points- "I TOLD YOU NOT TO PUSH THE BUTTON" after his friend Gaspy leads everyone up the garden path to pushing the button.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mod Note:
If the forums are down for Moving Day (or any other reason) before deadline, deadline will be extended accordingly.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:38 am

*cough cough cough argh cough*

I'm the last person to recommend someone to turn off the snark about sending players back to their QTs, having been repeatedly guilty of the sin myself, and fully planning to continue.

*cough cough cough spit cough*

Godwin picked "no push button" early on and it looks as if nothing will make him change his mind. *cough* He's not showing any sign of watching for reasons why his initial choice may or may not be the best one.

Like Godwin knew something from the get go. He set his position up before the day even started. What does that mean, boys ans girls??? Also, Godwin pitched his "no push button" tent pretty early on, which leads me to believe in demons setting the mood. And Godwin can get away with it because I'm the only one really pressuring him, along with Talilan to a lesser but increasing extent.

I mean really. Go read Godwin's posts. Tell me if I'm crazy. He picked an option out of the clear blue sky, and he's not willing to change it. Godwin merely obliquely challenges anything else to entrench his initial selection. NO? Don't believe me? Check. Please. Check.

Here I fundamentally disagree with Cartalilan Firsherlan. Though I agree that all eggs will be not in the same basket, I'm a lot less confident that Gaspangel is trying to pull a double-layered-WIFOM-surprise-switch, though the two heads thinking differently
*cough cough*
may be a setup. However at the same time I am getting better vibes since Angel joined souls with FemAngel. I'm very ambivalent about this hydra.

Also, supposing that both Angel and Godwin are demons, I'm not sure which one is groomed for endgame. I would rather think that Angel would be. He's the one switching positions, while Godwin is entrenched from the beginning. Also, Angel is at least acting more townie, while Godwin doesn't mind if his scumslip is showing under his skirt.

*cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough*
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:40 am

*stuntman cough cough cough stuntman cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough stuntman cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit stuntman cough cough stuntman cough wake up cough stuntman cough cough stuntman cough stuntman*
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

That's really bad reasoning, Ms. Fisher. You're saying he's a Decepticon for advocating the correct choice - when he gave ample, logical reasoning for doing so? We also gave that reasoning when we were on break, are we scum too?

This seems like a really bad excuse to lead us astray. My good guy read of you has been shot to hell. Ugh.

vote: Push the button
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Talilan »

Okay firstly I didn't say our friend the Hard-Thokker was scum for advocating the correct choice. In fact I worked backwards from the assumption he was scum.

Secondly I would hardly characterise "I don't like Tabris n Odbody therefore I'll vote against them" as ample, logical reasoning. I also think distrusting Pooky's a bit spurious as Talitha tells me he always plays like this and I believe Thok choi should know this.

Do you stand by your above post?
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:57 am

Hey kids

Given that Godwin Thok Suey decided his choice from the get go, what do you think of his recent statement that he's choosing whatever Tabris and Odbody aren't choosing????

Does that not make your spidey sense tingle?

*STUNTMAN cough HINT cough STUNTMAN cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough spit cough cough cough cough stuntman HINT cough cough cough spit HINT cough cough cough spit stuntman cough cough stuntman HINT wake up cough stuntman cough cough STUNTMAN cough STUNTMAN*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”