Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:20 am

Post by tubby216 »

i would be satisfied with either lynch,

but for now i feel cookie is the biggest offender
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:24 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

And he fails to even defend himself, and simply says we should lynch either me or BJL.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:03 am

Post by tubby216 »

EtherealCookie wrote:And he fails to even defend himself, and simply says we should lynch either me or BJL.
because i do not need to defend myself when there is scum about such as yourself
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Amazing logic.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

EtherealCookie wrote:Once again, off you go defending Tubby. Chainsaw defense, much? Let Tubby speak for himself first. You're not his voice. And, if that's the only reason you can find, maybe you should read my posts carefully, because skimming doesn't help, and this is obviously not an OMGUS vote given I have a case on both of you.
To be fair, you can't make a reasonable case for a chainsaw defense unless the player being defended is dead scum.

Just saying...
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

That's all you have to contribute at the moment?
I'd like to know where your stance is.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Stance on what?

Isn't my stance pretty clear?
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

I still don't think I have much of a read yet on Cookie, but bjl and his current lurkiness + yernab's scummy posts earlier on makes me still think he's scum. And I don't know what's Chainsaw Defense, either. Might've heard of it once, though.
I only play one game at a time, until further notice.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I don't really have much of a problem with Tubby or Manho at this point.

I find you most suspicious, followed by BJL.

Meji seems lurky after an active day 1.

Crazypianist is definitely lurking.

Soyasushi looks town to me. Getting good vibes for his posts.

Is that what you were looking for?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Soyasushi wrote:I still don't think I have much of a read yet on Cookie, but bjl and his current lurkiness + yernab's scummy posts earlier on makes me still think he's scum. And I don't know what's Chainsaw Defense, either. Might've heard of it once, though.
Chainsaw defense
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Exactly what I was looking for.
I'm honestly surprised that you don't find Tubby suspicious at all, or at least anti-town. He hasn't contributed anything.
Also, Check the wiki for Chainsaw Defense.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

He seems to be contributing to me.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

tubby216 wrote:
EtherealCookie wrote:And he fails to even defend himself, and simply says we should lynch either me or BJL.
because i do not need to defend myself when there is scum about such as yourself
Yes, very much contributing.
/endsarcasm
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Well let's take one of his posts... like post 256.

You don't think that's contributing?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Uhm.
You realize, that's one post? Let me rephrase that. He contributes very little. That goes for others as well, but him especially. He is active lurking, and then we've got a lot of lurkers itself. Not very many people are voicing their opinions nor giving reads of others.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Mod:
Request to replace please.

Sorry guys, I just don't have the time for mafia with all my stuff irl. May come back later but as of now I don't have the commitment that I had during the summer.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by manho »

EtherealCookie wrote:I just feel the need to point out you are wrong, you are looking at the wrong people, and I am pretty sure BJL will not flip scum. Once again, turn your attention the bandwagon, because that's where the scum lies. So. Bandwagon on bjl, if you must. We'll see where that leads.
so, you are sure bjl is town without reason?
I've already said why I don't think BJL is scum. I think scum was on Wraith of Shadow's bandwagon.
I think scum is probably on BJL's bandwagon.
so all the lurkers are not scum.
So, let's examine people who voted for Wraith.
Manho -
i don't think 75% is concrete. and focusing on 3 people in a review is not a concrete reason for voting someone, especially when you say you rarely vote. so, vote: Wrath
Wrath's vote on EtherealCookie is 25% OMGUS and 75% for him focusing on 3 people, which is not a scum tell. so, wrath's vote didn't have much basis but OMGUS, which is scummy. and that he said before that he won't vote without concrete reason, which lead to inconsistence, which is also scummy.
He pointed out something that was genuinely scummy. Wrath was contradicting himself. Manho had a good reason for voting for Wrath, in my opinion, and didn't just jump onto the bandwagon.

Town vibes.
that's not a reason of FoSing me, is it?
EtherealCookie wrote:As for 20 and 21...
Wow.
Well, if Wrath shows townie, I'll know who to look at next.
A guy just hammered. Am I not supposed to look at him?
no, you was very sure that wrath was town last day, you should be happy with the hammering.
Well, if you're really town, I fail to see why you didn't put any effort into defending yourself at the end, and instead gave up.
Uhm... He claimed he's town. He's dead. Why would he lie? I'm just irritated he didn't put effort into defending himself.
no, scum lies in twilight. and you are sure wrath is scum, so you should think he is lying. and now you are shifting your fault for misleading the mislynch to wrath.
Anyhow, consider this carefully. Manho, while attacking me and BJL, has been defending Tubby silently. The quotes from me that he calls suspicious are also ones that attack Tubby.
so i'm scum as i'm defending tubby. but you are scum as you are defending bjl. note that i've reason in defending tubby, but you don't.
EtherealCookie wrote:Oh man, Manho. The guy who followed me onto Wrath's bandwagon quickly, and now I'm scum?
i have my reason for voting wrath, so i'm not bandwagoning. and what's wrong with you are scum, that's a scum misleading a mislynch
Huh. I think my Day II read is going to be much different on you. If I had to guess who were most likely scumbuddies, I'd go with you and Tubby. You both seem keen to support the "EC is Scum!" case.
that's OMGUS
Oh look, you don't like Yernab because he wants to examine you closely. Then BJL comes along. Decent case against BJL. Nothing worthy of a lynching.
a decent case against bjl not don't worth a lynch
and what else should i find?
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by manho »

as for the others, soyasushi is the most townish. zach is also pro-town. meji and crazypianist need to talk more. tubby is anti-town but that's tubby.
bjl
bjl
Townie
bjl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:45 am

Post by bjl »

lol... what am I at? L-1? man... I've been sick since thursday and haven't been near a computer. I'm not going to defend myself other than say I'm a plain ol' townie. I don't have time for more right now. good luck.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Meji Fan »

Sorry . . . weekend hasnt been good for me

Now, the most relevant and exciting thing bantered about I think is from EC

"Oh, and I talked you out of lynching my buddy? How? That makes no sense. If you thought my buddy was scum, wouldn't you lynch him first? If he showed scum, then you'd lynch me. However, by lynching me first, it doesn't prove anything if BJL is scum or not. I could just be defending him because I see you have a terrible case against him. You're just looking for an opportunity to get rid of me, Tubby. It's obvious, now."

That is pure WIFOMy goodness. If bjl is scum, then EC is scum . . . right. The converse must also mean that if bjl isnt scum then EC must not be scum? bjl has done nothing, absolutely nothing to seem town, so, the only way to really think bjl is town is to know bjl is town

I dont disagree that tubby is interesting, and hey, I could see a point for 'tubby is more scummy than bjl', but the conviction on bfl being town strikes me as suspicious, almost suspicious enough to change my vote, but then . . .

from bjl, "lol... what am I at? L-1? man... I've been sick since thursday and haven't been near a computer. I'm not going to defend myself other than say I'm a plain ol' townie. I don't have time for more right now. good luck."

Sickness can be true or not, and no problem with sickness. But 'lol, Im not going to do anything, Im a townie'

This is totally verging into appeal to emotion, contributes absolutely nothing, and doesnt even try to offer an alternative. I like my vote (and it has lol, bringing back the smilies?)
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

So.
BJL is useless townie. This is not enough to have me lynch him on day II. We are going on a dangerous path if we're going to kill off people just because they're useless, when we should be on the hunt for scum. So, keep your vote where it's at, Meji. But, if he shows up townie, I'm going to go, "I told you so", given he didn't have any scum tells and you support your vote over the fact he's being useless, which doesn't have to be a scum tell.

I hope we can get a replacement for Pianist soon.
so, you are sure bjl is town without reason?
No, I am sure bjl is town because I know who scum is now.
so all the lurkers are not scum.
So you follow a lynch all lurkers policy?
Wow.
that's not a reason of FoSing me, is it?
Did you bother reading my post? It seems you didn't.
I was giving reads of people on the Bandwagon. Separately for their actions on each bandwagon. You showed up pro-town Day I. I did not have any suspicions of you. However, your subtle defense of Tubby has changed my mind otherwise.
no, you was very sure that wrath was town last day, you should be happy with the hammering.
So, just because someone is sure that a person is scum, that means we should ruin all further discussion and hammer? Seems like a scummy thing to do.
no, scum lies in twilight. and you are sure wrath is scum, so you should think he is lying. and now you are shifting your fault for misleading the mislynch to wrath.
Why the hell would scum lie in Twilight, when scum is already dead?
so i'm scum as i'm defending tubby. but you are scum as you are defending bjl. note that i've reason in defending tubby, but you don't.
Yes, the difference is that the person I am defending does not seem scummy at all.
i have my reason for voting wrath, so i'm not bandwagoning. and what's wrong with you are scum, that's a scum misleading a mislynch
I know that. You had your reasons for voting for him. When did I say you didn't? Are you telling me if a man follows a guy jumping off a bridge, he still cannot have his own reasons for doing so?
that's OMGUS
No, that's called holy crap, you're trying to attack me along with Tubby, who is extremely scummy, and gang up on me. You must be scum buddies! Sorry for noting relations between players.
a decent case against bjl not don't worth a lynch
and what else should i find?
A decent case is never good enough a reason to lynch. A good case is the only time you lynch.
as for the others, soyasushi is the most townish. zach is also pro-town. meji and crazypianist need to talk more. tubby is anti-town but that's tubby.
Once again, I have to ask, do you read the posts?
Crazypianist isn't going to talk more, given he asked for a replacement, so there's no point of telling him to.

@Mod: Can we please get a votecount now and then, and we need a replacement as well.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Meji Fan »

Being useless is not entirely a scum tell, true

The doctor bit is definitely a scum tell

Furthermore, the quasi appeal to emotion and flippant response with the lol? Quite possibly a scum tell
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:41 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Ergh.
BJL, if you're not even going to defend yourself and just complain about being sick, wouldn't it be nice to at least request a replacement?
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by manho »

so now cookie is asking for replacements to help him and his scumbuddy out of trouble.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Uhm.
ReplacementS?
It's not my fault the mod hasn't checked the game and asked for a replacement. You're telling me I'm bad for asking for more people to be in the game so they can observe whats going on and offer their own analysis? There's another obvious scum tell. Look, now you're scummy without having to buddy up with Tubby! You shouldn't have a problem with Crazy being replaced at all (given you're town) if you believe us two are the scum. Yet you do. Huh.

And then we've got a sick guy who says he's not going to defend himself, and obviously needs to be replaced if he isn't participating. Yet, you want an easy lynch. So you're trying to make it look as if I'm scummy for asking for replacements, when replacements honestly don't change anything you've presented in your case. The only role that wouldn't want replacements at your position is scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”