cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:28 am

Post by cruelty »

Dizzle wrote:d3x, you gave me one measly quote and expected me to be satisfied? Sigh...it's like you don't even know me anymore. Anyway, we should probably stop talking about a movie most people have never seen and has no relevance to the current game.

To be fair, one can never have too much of the Warriors.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:53 am

Post by cruelty »

d3x wrote:Does it bore you and you're waiting for the storm to pass so you can discuss something else?
This.

I try not to get heavily involved in discussions on the first few (literal) days of the game; as a general rule they seem counter-productive (this will be supported by my meta).

Having said that, I'm not really finding anyone particularly suspicious right now. I guess you could build a shaky case against both CM and raid but honestly, there's nothing important being said yet.

Vote: TitusCrowe

No reason, just reciprocating. Also, don't see the need for DRK to have two votes and you to have none. (I'd unvote if allowed).
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:56 am

Post by cruelty »

Oh, didn't see you shift your vote.

Vote: cruelty

aka, unvote.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 am

Post by cruelty »

CM wrote: Cruelty: If the stuff going on with me and raid is bunk, what is needed to move the game along to something more meaningful? How do you feel about d3x's reasons for voting me? Do you feel they are justified?

Sooner or later someone will say something which won't sit right with me and the game will kick into gear (for me). This hasn't happened yet.

As regards your questions re: d3x, I don't really care either way. I don't particularly want to get drawn into this because as I stated, I view these early-game skirmishes as fairly pointless. That said, I can understand his thinking, you're a little twitchy.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by cruelty »

CM wrote:Cruel p76: Who are you talking about being twitchy here? Please explain why you think "he" is twitchy.
The entire sentence was directed at you. You're twitchy, you seem very defensive.

For the record though, I sort of got the impression that multiple votes on one person in RVS is frowned upon... don't really know why I thought that. Don't think it means anything in the context of this game, though.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 am

Post by cruelty »

raid1280 wrote: CM, you above all people should know that there are no random votes on the first day. There are 11 of us. Many would think that there is no info to go on, but there absolutely is. The Wolves know each other, the Seer (which in this game would be the Doc), the Bodyguard, all the special roles KNOW they are something. The wolves have the bonus of knowing each other. This all plays out on the first day.

Only becomes applicable with knowledge later. At this stage of the game, with no proven roles, this is ultimately irrelevant.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by cruelty »

raid1280 wrote: I'll be straight with you d3x, I suspect you for that post where you said Chinaman was trying to 'buddy up' with you, and you countered it by voting on him. Funny enough, I thought that your post was an attempt to 'buddy up' with me, and
you were trying to grow a bandwagon with that post.
raid1280 wrote: Other than you d3x, I'm not sure of the others. China has been fighting since the beginning, and while he seems jumpy, and I was the one who initiated his 'I think he's jumpy' attack, others have jumped on...and
that could be seen as Scum trying to hide and start a bandwagon.

Kind of strikes me as weird that this entire post is dedicated towards vague suspicions of others trying to push bandwagons through. Will let slide for now, don't really know why it makes me uneasy.

raid1280 wrote:Everyone places a vote for a reason, which doesn't make it random.
It doesn't matter, this is a ridiculous thing to focus on. There's no way you can possibly extrapolate any sort of meaningful information on day one from the RVS. By the time we uncover scum and can look at their RVS vote, there's more than likely going to be more significant information available anyway.

I think this entire line of investigation is a waste of time, and I am a little concerned that it's become such a huge debate.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:35 am

Post by cruelty »

raid1280 wrote: Maybe it makes you uneasy because you're scum and you dont' want to join a bandwagon because you think I may jump at you and aim suspicion at you?
If I was scum I doubt you'd bus me like that.

raid1280 wrote: Ok...you don't think that asking why someone is voting for someone is a means of info? And, like your post above, you seem to think that there is no info to be gained by the 1st day. So, essentially, you're saying that we should just roll dice, vote and be done with the 1st day?

I'm asking people why they're voting for people because it gives us info NOW and info LATER. If you don't think that this 'investigation' is worth pursuing, than how do you think we should go about it? Is your strategy of sitting back and letting the game come to you going to work?

Why havn't you contributed? Lurking = scum tell. If you disagree with how I'm wolf hunting, than instead of sitting in the shadows and firing darts of suspicion at me, you could jump in anytime and help out.
It gives us nothing.

At best, pressuring someone about their RVS vote will cause them to say something questionable; but this is true of all pressure. Critical analysis of RVS votes with no lynches/night kills/night actions to go on is pointless. You can't guess at motivations with no crimes committed; the information right now is useless.

Also don't really think I'm lurking; my meta will show I don't get involved too heavily in the early game, this is getting interesting now so my involvement will probably step up.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:14 am

Post by cruelty »

d3x wrote:
cruelty wrote:If I was scum I doubt you'd bus me like that.
In order to be bussed, you'd both have to be Scum. Are you saying that you believe raid is Scum, cruelty? Thus far I can only see a single post {p137} where you find some of his quotes weird.
Ha, it was just a bad joke.

I've got a response in the works, but I'm pretty hungover and currently regretting getting online, be back later today.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

Looker wrote:Okay, from my read, my current take is that, if there are three Mafia, they are Drake, Raid, & Cruelty-or-Mr. Suave; however, if there are only two, then my best bet would be Drake & Raid. Going back now for quotes.
Right.

Why am I scummy? (why are the others scummy?)

Where are these quotes?

I'm prepared to vote Looker; I'm concerned that he's active lurking and this supersedes the vague suspicion I have of raid. That said, it's the weekend so I will wait 24 hours (from this post) before doing so.

Also, d3x already addressed this, but:
raid wrote:sitting back and pointing things out other players do, could percieved as a dodgy evil move.
As opposed to what, exactly?

There's only really two things that anyone does in this game; attack and defend. Defending requires one to be attacked first, thus unless you specifically take a shot at Dizzle, he's within his right to sit there and point out scummy things. That'd be playing the game.

The reason I bring attention to this particular quote is because it seems to me to be the sort vague manipulation that scum love; it'd be easy for someone reading that to quickly look back through Dizzle's iso and see that yes, most of his posts probably are him pointing out potentially scummy behaviour.

I just feel like a statement like that is a) potentially [but not necessarily] scummy, and b) vague enough to be ignored.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by cruelty »

Dizzle wrote:@ China- The problem I have with a Looker lynch is that he is definitely not the only person who hasn't delivered on promises to post. That list also includes Suave, Drake, and if they don't respond today, Cruelty and Jazz. Even raid has disappeared. A lynch of Looker or any of the other lurkers would give us almost no information.

Eh?

Why am I on that list?

Will be voting for Looker shortly, don't like the lack of content, and the unexplained vote.

I also have two questions on you that haven't been answered.

raid: waiting on a response to post 184.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by cruelty »

unvote
vote: Looker

As I said I would.

Don't like the active lurking.
Don't like the voting without reason.
Don't like the random vote change, also without reason.

Jazz wrote:Cruelty is openly refraining from participating in any meaningful way, and he claims that it's just the way he rolls
When a player consciously develops a meta of non-participation so that he can point to it later and say, "hey look, I'm not scummy, I never participate much on the first day"
This is sort of twisting what I said, and making my perceived inactivity a bigger deal than it really is.

What I said was, I don't like to get involved in the early game arguments. I stand by that; I think that generally they're irrelevant. I'm not saying I don't participate on the first day (nice misrep though), I just don't want to get bogged down in inane arguments that prove ultimately fruitless.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by cruelty »

To further clarify that, I genuinely believe that the initial argument that always develops out of the RVS is useless. I'd go so far as to say that it's anti-town; it invariably ends up with 2-3 people arguing over theory or semantics, neither of which really lead to a scum-expose. Participating (and adding to the chaos) helps nobody. I'm not going to budge on this, but I will guarantee that my input will step up now that the game is off and moving.

@Dizzle, done.
@China, as above, got questions @ Looker pending (not really expecting answers though), and waiting on a raid response.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by cruelty »

Dizzle wrote:Like you said, it's almost like she's trying to get lynched. She votes Drake just to even up the vote count and then switches her vote over to raid in less than minutes with zero explanation...

@everyone (mod?): can there be jesters in these mini-games? mafiawiki says standard roles, jester page doesn't give much more. Please excuse my ignorance.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by cruelty »

Jazzmyn (directed at me) wrote: Again, you demonstrate your selfishness. It is anti-town, whether you're town or scum, and a convenient cloak for you when you're scum. I dislike players who consciously choose to create a meta like that for their own self-preservation, and find you highly suspicious.

That said, I'm going to:

Vote: D3x

Regards,
Jazz

I'm highly suspicious, but you're voting d3x without ever articulating a genuine case against him?

The only time you really talk about him in a scummy light is a vague paragraph or so in (your) post 4, but the worst you have to say is that his moving onto a CM wagon, and subsequently the Looker one is "contrived" and "convenient"? It's strange, you are adamant that I'm anti-town but you're voting based on what appears to be a slight unease about d3x's voting patterns?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by cruelty »

Looker wrote:Still confident in my vote on Raid, tho.

Why?

CM wrote:@DRK p234: I don't really like this post at all tbh. You are getting subtle townie vibes? I go back and forth on raid with this, as I said above, but from Looker? How? How can you get any vibes at all from the seemingly random thoughts of a mad man (or women, I don't know which)? Saying you are getting small town vibes from looker would make me think Looker has posted something that made sense AND been explained up to this point. I also completely disagree that there one or probably 2 wolfs on the wagon. THEY DON'T NEED TO BE! In fact, I would venture to say that if Looker isn't scum, scum are loving him/her right now.
Agreed.

I'm also curious as to how Jazzmyn sees this; if I'm anti-town (and therefore "highly suspicious"), then how would you define Looker?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by cruelty »

Oh a ninja hammer!
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by cruelty »

Interesting.

Not hugely concerned with the Looker lynch, I think that if we were going to mislynch, then we probably got the best result we could hope for. I also don't think that we can condemn people specifically for being on the wagon; in my (admittedly limited) experience, I've never seen anyone act that blatantly anti-town (sup Jazz).

I'm more interested in losing CM. He was probably the most active player in the game, and although fairly controversial he was constantly asking questions and getting in people's faces - I think that there's probably some valuable information hidden in his iso, so I'll go back through that hopefully tomorrow after work when I have more time.

Uhh what else. Waiting on Jazzmyn to respond to post 240.

@Dizzle (re: Looker wagon). I think that it's a viable starting point, but I'm very hesitant to condemn people for being on it. I realise what I'm saying here (I was on the wagon, I don't want to fall under suspicion, I get it), but ultimately I think that it's potentially a dead end - Looker was acting oddly/suspiciously/scummy enough to justify a lynch; scum could have bussed hyporaidscum, have their votes appear legit AND be in a position to lead an inquisition against the Looker wagon.

So I think that looking at the wagon is reasonable, I think that investigating it is reasonable, but I don't think that it's necessarily going to provide answers.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by cruelty »

vote: jazzmyn
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by cruelty »

DeathRowKitty wrote: @cruelty
Was that a random vote?

Yep. Trying to stimulate the game a little. I'd love to take credit for it picking up slightly again but I won't. Thus:

vote: cruelty

@Jazz, still waiting to hear about your d3x vote from the end of day 1, and I'm not really sure why you're voting him now.
I appreciate that you're compelled to mention my anti-town behaviour in every other post but if it's such a big deal either make it stick or get over it. I get the impression that you're trying to just keep it sticking out of the water so you can point to it later and scream shark.

Also, why does the Looker wagon have to have scum on it. We had two competing wagons; what makes you so sure that scum didn't sit back and let us mislynch?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by cruelty »

Jazzmyn wrote: Does the above which I have addressed to d3x answer your question? If not, please let me know.
Yep. Not sure why you didn't outline all of that earlier, but it's out there now.

@SC - I kinda think MrS has a point; it seems a little hypocritical to be pressuring for an L1 vote when you were the hammer. I'm not defending MrS here, I just don't really think that you're in a position to be pushing this line of attack.

Right now I'm a little curious about this d3x vs Jazz battle, I think that based on their day 1 interaction with CM there's a good possibility that at least one of them is scum; d3x was butting heads with CM a bit, Jazz thought CM was "so townie it hurts". I should also note that CM was the catalyst for the Jazz/d3x situation.

References for everyone (in iso) - it began here; Jazz: 4, d3x: 31.

What is interesting is Jazz's first read of the active players ends up being an attack on d3x, and a subsequent ringing endorsement of CM. Battle lines are drawn and the war slowly moves through Looker's lynch, continues through day 2 and is most recently apparent in post 294.

I'm not going to try to interpret the battle for everyone, because there's so much WIFOM and random speculation in there that I'd just end up muddying the waters further, but I will say this.

Hyposcum Jazz knows both Looker and CM are town. She was not on the Looker wagon, but made absolutely no attempt to stop it, despite saying this:
Jazz wrote:I've played with Looker before and she can be pretty, well, erratic. In the games I have played with her in which she acted like that, she has flipped town. That said, it is certainly possible that she is deliberately playing erratically while scum, to counter that history. Which is, I suppose, why it's called WIFOM. Gah.
Followed in her next post by a relatively unexplained vote for d3x (her iso, post 6). Of interest is that this post is almost all about me and my lurking (plus two pointless questions and an ultimatum directed at Drake), which she also brings up in her first meaningful post in day 2 (by which point I'm sure you'll agree I've become fully involved). Also in this post she states that there is definitely scum on the Looker wagon - not necessarily true, but it's a nice place for hyposcumJazz to direct focus considering that she avoided it entirely. That is, she didn't get on the wagon, but she didn't attack it, either.

It's worth looking at her post 10, which is an outraged response to Dizzle's quiet mention of her absence from either competing day 1 wagons. She makes a reasonable argument (voting who is suspicious), but I don't really think that her day 1 vote was backed up by any sort of serious case (against d3x), and I don't see any effort whatsoever to prevent a Looker lynch. It's fine to vote who you think is suspicious, but without a real case and without any attempt to save someone you thought was town it begins to look a little suspicious.

Now regarding the night kill, we begin to delve into speculative WIFOM, but if you look through her iso, she has nothing bad to say about CM at all. It makes sense to kill CM in this scenario; it strengthens her case against d3x, it rids the town of one of the most active players and she's on record saying that she thought CM was town. Again, I'm aware that this is speculative, full of WIFOM and dangerous territory but I'll take the heat for it.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by cruelty »

..what?

He responded with one post, which contained what could be construed as an OMGUS vote, so you change targets back to raid? I don't know that I'm a huge fan of the abrupt about-face.

@SC, do you really think MrSuave has cleared up any of the issues that (a lot of) people had with him?

And just to pre-empt your reply, I am aware that you are suspicious of raid as well. My issue isn't with you changing targets to raid, it's that you appear to have been ludicrously easily satisfied with what for me is a pretty poor reply.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by cruelty »

where's nikanor at?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by cruelty »

StrangerCoug wrote:
cruelty wrote:He responded with one post, which contained what could be construed as an OMGUS vote,
As a
WHAT!?
*goes back and checks*

...Didn't see that at all. I need to hit myself on missing a vote on me for terrible reasoning.

Vote: MrSuave

Keep coming back to this. Don't like it - I don't really buy that you could miss that. What really bothers me is the fact that you did miss it; skim reading I'd consider to be a scumtell.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

Dizzle wrote: Maybe
I'm
missing something, but Suave actually had two posts in between SC's change of vote.
Honestly I can't recall my thought process, so I'm not sure if that was a mistake on my part or what. I
think
what I meant was, SC [289] replied to MrS's post [286]. MrS posted again [290] and then SC was happy. I think by 'one post' I meant 290. Don't know how relevant it is, but hopefully that clears it up.

Either way, he WAS ludicrously easily satisfied with what in my opinion was a fairly minimal contribution from MrS and immediately shifted his vote away. This despite a vote from MrS which contains copious amounts of poorly excused OMGUS. So, either he didn't see the post (his argument), he skimmed the post (which I think is more likely), or he saw, read and processed the post but declined to comment (unlikely, can't see the motivation unless we're looking at a very subtle bussing scenario).
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by cruelty »

Jazzmyn wrote: "Outraged"? You think that was "outraged"? That seriously made me laugh.
Not seriously, no.

I'll come back to this post hopefully later today.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by cruelty »

Dizzle wrote:@cruelty - While I don't really see the case on Suave, I agree that SC was disturbingly quick in moving his vote off of Suave. If you suspect someone the way SC supposedly suspects Suave, it should take much more to move your vote. That said, who do you (cruelty) find to be the more scummy of SC or Suave?.

SC.

I'm not really convinced MrS is scum. I'm not discounting the possibility, but the limited read I have from his minimal content doesn't hugely disturb me. The quick gratification and skim reading of SC bothers me.

I'm also pretty sure one of Jazz and d3x is scum, I'm undecided as to which.

Unfortunately, deadline is in a few days and I'm going out of town. So I'm going to vote
StrangerCoug
for now. Reasons outlined above. Hopefully I'll be able to get to a computer over the next few days but I'm not holding my breath.

Mod: I'll be V/LA over the next four days.

Got it. Thanks.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by cruelty »

vote: strangercoug
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by cruelty »

StrangerCoug wrote:
cruelty wrote:I'm also pretty sure one of Jazz and d3x is scum, I'm undecided as to which.
Why those two?
They've been engaged in an ongoing battle for quite a while. Read it. Don't have time to go into an in-depth answer, but their back and forth is pretty interesting.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by cruelty »

To answer Dizzle (he's gone but I'll answer anyway), I was fairly certain one of them was scum, wasn't sure which. Not sure enough to be confident enough to push a lynch on either of them.

Also, happy with this.

vote: StrangerCoug
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by cruelty »

What the.

Anyway.

SC has posted VERY little content this entire game. Most of his 'big' posts are just large quotes with a sentence or two (usually defensive or theory) from him. There's very little opinion/case building from him, and I don't really think there's been any significant scum hunting either. It's like he's just been active enough to stick in people's minds. I think you could probably make a reasonable active lurking case against him.

More telling for me is his post 28. The one where he responded to my post which was wondering why he didn't comment on MrS's OMGUSesque vote. Skimming, paying little attention and voting a lurker. Staying under the radar (but not too far) 101.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by cruelty »

Nikanor wrote:
cruelty wrote:I try not to get heavily involved in discussions on the first few (literal) days of the game; as a general rule they seem counter-productive (this will be supported by my meta).
I'm glad I decided to look for myself to see if this is true, because I found that it is not. You are posting meaningful information in at least one game on day one.
cruelty wrote:
raid wrote:Maybe it makes you uneasy because you're scum and you dont' want to join a bandwagon because you think I may jump at you and aim suspicion at you?
If I was scum I doubt you'd bus me like that.
This makes me uneasy. cruelty seems to be hinting at knowing raid's alignment.
re: the first point, the first few
literal
days. Not saying I always abstain, just that I try not to get involved in the obligatory and often misleading early game argument. I have also started a couple games since I said that so my meta may no longer hold up.

re: the second. No, I was simply saying that raid was scummy, and not very brave scum at that. I was doubting that he would have the stones to attempt a bus that early.

SC - still not seeing enough relevant and original content to make me want to shift my vote
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by cruelty »

I am aware I haven't been hugely active in this thread lately, will rectify this tomorrow, my apologies.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #36) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by cruelty »

Mod can you fix SC's massive quote-post, it was confusing to read.

Not gonna lie, I'm also a bit confused about it. I was going to fix it when he first mentioned it, but even with his instructions, I am confused.

SC:
SC wrote:Failing to acknowledge being voted may be unusual, but it's null in the long run.
There is a significant difference between failing to acknowledge being voted, and this:
SC wrote:As a WHAT!? *goes back and checks*

...Didn't see that at all. I need to hit myself on missing a vote on me for terrible reasoning.

Vote: MrSuave
SC wrote:I concede the minimal content for Day 3 so far
This trend appears to be continuing. I'm not really seeing much in the way of scumhunting from you, there's been a touch of defence mixed with a healthy dose of basically nothing.

DRK wrote:It's not about what you consciously did; it's about what you may or may not have subconsciously done. If someone votes you for something and you know you deserve to be voted (if you're scum, for example), you're less likely to check if the reasoning is valid.
This is not a case. This is Freudian speculation and I think is worth absolutely zero. You're approaching this point from entirely the wrong angle.

Jazzmyn wrote:
Nikanor wrote: @Jazz: Can you summarize for me your reasons for thinking cruelty is scum?
Sure, I'll do that at my first opportunity. I do not have time right now, but will do so asap.
Let's go.

@MrSuave. Do some scumhunting please, I'm considering voting for you purely because of a lack of contribution. Not lurking, you have posted very, VERY little of substance this entire game.
Chaco wrote:Can I get a better case on SC? I don't see good reasoning yet as to why he's at L-1.
Can I get some content?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #37) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by cruelty »

DeathRowKitty wrote:@cruelty
Okay, why do you think it's scummy to not notice an OMGUS against yourself?
I have been over why I think this particular incident was scummy.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #38) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by cruelty »

My post 27. It's contextual.

I think that he was easily satisfied by MrS (ie: the pressure he was trying to place on MrS was for appearances) and then once MrS responded to him, he (MrS) immediately became irrelevant for SC's purposes. Thus, the OMGUS vote was missed.

I definitely don't think it's a case of subconsciously accepting the vote.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by cruelty »

DRK wrote:It's not about what you consciously did; it's about what you may or may not have subconsciously done.
DRK wrote:It's not subconsciously accepting the vote as much as it is accepting the fact that he received a vote
What?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #40) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by cruelty »

To what?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 am

Post by cruelty »

StrangerCoug wrote: Of course there's a significant difference. That's a little later than what DeathRowKitty's talking about.
If that's the case then my bad, I was having difficulty reading your response to DRK's case. I'm not convinced of this, because of posts 432/3. Regardless, this however, reduces your defence against me to one sentence, which isn't actually a defence in as much as it is an attempt to throw MrSuave to the wolves (metaphorically speaking, of course).

As to why MrSuave is scummy... I'm not really sure how that's relevant to your defence.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:01 am

Post by cruelty »

Chaco wrote:I was not waiting on you to begin with really, it was Mr.Suave.

And until he answers, you can wait. If he avoids it, he can die.

This is almost vote worthy man. Post some content.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by cruelty »

Yeah but that isn't relevant to why I think you're scummy. Having said that, I agree that MrS needs to post a case, and if you flip town then he's probably next based on his tunnelling on you + active lurking.

Chaco this is ridiculous, you're giving a pathetic excuse for not posting content. I'm seriously considering shifting my vote to you.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by cruelty »

Chaco wrote:
Well, my vote is on Mr Suave. He is scummy, he's on StrangerCoug for no apparent reason. I've seen Coug hopped on for no reason, but a flimsy case. I asked for a better one. No one obliged. I am still waiting on that, as you know.
There are two cases on SC, and whether or not you agree with them is irrelevant as we're discussing your content.
Chaco wrote: MrSuave is actively lurking avoiding posting the case, because he can get by with it. He is receiving no scrutiny in the slightest over it, and yet instead you vote me. Shit makes absolutely zero sense.
I'm not voting you. And I agree, I want to hear more from MrSuave. That, however, is not a good reason for
you
to active lurk (which you've been doing - posting for appearances with no content).
Chaco wrote:Thoughts on the game previously? Does that matter now? No. What we're playing for is toDay which everyone has seem to forgotten and been bitching about my thoughts on what is done. Going through and posting my entire thoughts would be near meaningless. You can tell where I have my vote as that is where my suspicions lie.
Your entire thoughts would be meaningless? You don't think you're capable of noting someone everyone else has missed? You don't think that your thoughts are valuable to town at all?

I don't really care where your vote is, as it stands it's for lurking, which although valid, is ultimately a cop-out and allows you to get by without posting
anything
. What I do care about is that you've still barely contributed to the game, you've made terrible excuses about why that is, and now you're justifying it by saying your thoughts are meaningless.

I mean, you have to have suspicions of people other than MrS. I don't want a comprehensive scumlist or player analysis, but I would be hugely surprised if on your read-through you hadn't seen a point or two that would make you think playerX was scummy.

Even with all that said, you're hardly pressuring MrS to post. You've been saying you'll hold off on content until he posts - if he's scum, what motivation does that give him to post? Build a case or something, trying to outlurk someone you think is scummy is quite honestly the worst scumhunting I've ever seen.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by cruelty »

Ha. Could care less what you thought of my case, my problem with you is active lurking and a subsequent lack of content.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by cruelty »

Chaco.

You never, ever presented a viable alternate case other than basically saying, 'let's lynch MrS'. You refused to post any sort of content, and you never really vehemently tried to prevent SC's lynch.

I would say that this is a lot scummier than mislynching - sure, I was wrong. It happens, SC didn't adequately defend himself and I didn't get the impression he was particularly concerned with scumhunting. You however did absolutely nothing other than stall.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:50 am

Post by cruelty »

Chaco wrote: If it is only stalling, I dismiss it. As the stalling you speak of is misguided and you're tunneling to hard to realize that.
Sigh.

You
were
stalling. In fact, you probably still are (and worse, you yourself are tunnelled badly on MrS).

What do you think of Jazzmyn?

Jazzmyn what do you think of Nikanor and Chaco?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by cruelty »

cruelty wrote:What do you think of Jazzmyn?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #49) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by cruelty »

Answer the fucking question. I can't comprehend you being town at this point, you're being unhelpful to the point of absurdity.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by cruelty »

Jazzmyn wrote:
1- I also didn't like the way that you voted for StrangerCougar on Day 2 even though you said you were sure that either d3x or I were scum

2- Also, I'm curious as to why you asked me what I think about Nikanor and Chaco, but didn't ask what I think of MrSuave.
1: Shrug. I was pretty sure one of you was, but I had absolutely no idea which, and didn't want to back the wrong horse. It's really that simple, not much more I can say about it.

2: MrS isn't a replacement.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #51) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by cruelty »

Nikanor wrote:
cruelty wrote:2: MrS isn't a replacement.
What does that have anything to do with anything?

Wanted to know what she thoughts of the replacements. MrS has been here from the start, she should have already articulated some thoughts on him.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #52) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:53 am

Post by cruelty »

MrSuave wrote:I haven't really noticed cruelty honestly. so I'd have to look into it. Are you eager to get a lynch because it's your win if you do Chaco? you seem a little eagar and worried. D=

All Chaco's vote does is confirm that one of you are mafia.

Jazzmyn screamed shark re: my day 1, like I said she would earlier. I find this interesting.

MrS literally mentioned d3x only once, and even then it was only in a half-assed reply to Nikanor, who asked what he thought about the d3x/Jazz debate.
MrS wrote:I haven't really noticed cruelty honestly. so I'd have to look into it.
Hm. This set off alarm bells for me, it's the sort of thing that a town player would notice him saying and possibly use to make a connection between the two of us. Nothing in his play this game suggests he's up to making a subtle play like that, but I can't help but wonder if this is a subtle way to try to implicate me in the event that he goes down.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Post by cruelty »

Nikanor wrote:Mhmm.
I know that I'm town.
I'm pretty positive that Jazzmyn is town.
One of MrSuave and Chaco is scum; it's pretty unlikely both of them are scum.
Since there are two scum, I'd say that no matter which of MrSuave and Chaco are scum, cruelty would be the partner.
@MrSuave & Chaco: Would you be down with a cruelty lynch? Why or why not? Please, nobody else comment on this before MrSuave and Chaco have given their answers.

Interesting.

If I also know I'm town then where does that leave us?

Why do you dismiss Jazzmyn as being scum?

I find this recent anti-cruelty sentiment to be a little unsettling, I'm not entirely sure where it came from. Elaborate please.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by cruelty »

Chaco wrote:Actually, to be honest, I play more townie when I'm scum and more laid back as town.
Yawn. Why even post this?
Chaco wrote:I said naturally as a bit of sarcasm, nudging at the fact that you're so obv scum it's not even funny.
Your sarcasm directed towards Jazzmyn was supposed to implicate MrS? Huh? That's... well that's just obviously not true. When I first read that I figured you weren't surprised at her thinking your reply was terrible (which it was). I think the same now, but I'm not sure why you'd fabricate a story about something so inane.
Chaco wrote:Nikanor helped lynch D3x along with Jazz, so they're golden to me right now.
Right. Because bussing never occurs. Actually, you said specifically that in your prior post.
Chaco wrote:Bus votes can happen, Nik.
This is where I request you to explain the contradiction.

Nikanor wrote:I wanted to see if either of them would deflect onto you given the chance.
So they had their chance and didn't. Where do I stand now? If you legitimately think I'm scum, build a case please. I don't like your stance right now, you're being very vague.

Jazzmyn you're conspicious by your absence. More posting please.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by cruelty »

You're clearing them specifically for d3x's lynch and ignoring the possibility of bussing. This is a contradiction given you corrected Nikanor for doing the exact same thing.

I don't need to cast any suspicion on MrS; it's pretty clear why he's suspicious so why would I bother rehashing that? My concern is finding out which one of Nikanor and Jazzmyn is scum (I suspect Nikanor but I'm not clearing Jazzmyn at all), because honestly you and Suave have both played terribly - you're easily scummier on a post-by-post basis, but he's active lurked most of the game. I know one of you is scum, but I don't know which and I'm not prepared to throw the game away on a coin toss.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by cruelty »

Ok.

Jazzmyn has fired repeated jabs at me all game, and even voted me at one point, but has yet to make an actual case (a paragraph does not constitute a case). Regardless of her contribution to the d3x wagon, this concerns me. I also note this:
Jazzmyn wrote:Raid garnered an awful lot of attention on Day 1 (deservedly so) but a review of the votes on him shows that every single one of them was from townies, and not a single vote on him was from scum.
We know of one scum. Your sentence implies knowledge of more than that.

Chaco promised content, stalled (unnecessarily) for ages and never delivered. He also replaced the scummiest player on day 1. Prime suspect.

MrSuave has active lurked the entire game, has posted very little content and of that content, I don't think that much has been particularly useful. I'd find him a lot more suspicious if I wasn't getting such a bad vibe from Chaco.

Nikanor... gonna come back to you. I need to give you a proper re-read because you seem like a competent enough player to be able to manipulate the game a bit.

Basically right now I can divide the game into two pairs - Jazz/Nik and Suave/Chaco. I am pretty sure there is scum in each pair (obviously at least two of Jazz/Nik and myself are innocent) because I'm thinking that Chaco/MrS probably aren't bussing each other in lylo.

So with that in mind, what do you guys think about the other pair?

eg: Nik, who do you think is scummier out of Chaco and MrS?
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #57) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:14 am

Post by cruelty »

testing the time
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #58) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by cruelty »

checking the time
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #59) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by cruelty »

because I'm GMT+12 and have no idea when the deadline is my time.
Chaco wrote: If going as s right now, the random decision will be made. One of us will die. If I die, then Suave will be Auto lynched tomorrow, yes?
If the townie dies then we lose, assuming two wolves.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #60) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by cruelty »

Jazzmyn wrote:
cruelty wrote:because I'm GMT+12 and have no idea when the deadline is my time.
The deadline is in one hour. But why are you only posting to check the time without writing anything in response to my case on you or in response to anything else?
Because I don't really care about your case. It'll be worth addressing if we get through to tomorrow, but right now I don't see the point of engaging in a battle right before a crucial deadline. Also, I tend to think that it's more townie to push a massive case like that late in Lylo when scum would be happy enough lynching anyone. Fighting with you benefits only scum, if (and tbh it's a big if) my newfound slight town read on you is accurate.

As to responding to everything else, I don't think that anyone has said anything earth shattering lately, except for the fact that:

I'm prepared to lynch Chaco right now for that quote above.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #61) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by cruelty »

Oh, well if you say he is then I'm sold..
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #62) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by cruelty »

Yeah my bad. I had a couple errands to run and meant to get on when I got home but I got held up long past deadline.

I'm going to re-read both of you and then probably just vote, I have a 50/50 shot I guess. If either of you have any questions/anything important to say, let it out asap.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #63) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by cruelty »

christ

I honestly don't know which way to vote. I was going to vote MrS, then I decided that Nikanor was pushing a Chaco lynch (knowing he was innocent) whilst buddying to Jazz (citing confirmed innocent), then I thought Suave was Aing to E with the RL stuff, then I questioned Nikanor's vote (never had the probs with orange before, possibly hoping I'd jump on) then that seemed illogical, and now I'm confused. So.

I'm going to secondguess my original thoughts and do this:

vote: Nikanor

Sorry if I'm wrong, I've been wrong most of this game. Nikanor has just been giving me an uneasy feeling, so I decided to go with the gut.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #64) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:07 am

Post by cruelty »

whew

that was basically a coin flip.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #65) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:22 am

Post by cruelty »

Incidentally.

Jazz that bogus case was an attempt (which failed) to draw d3x out, I figured I'd look like a hero if he jumpd on it and then I went "Aha!" and lynched him. Sigh.

I thought SC was very suspicious - he practically active lurked through day 2 and contributed essentially nothing.

Nik I probably would have killed Jazz over you tbh, intellectually I knew MrS was the scummiest but I couldn't shake the feeling that he was innocent, Jazz I would have been much more suspicious of.

This marks my second completed game on this site, both of which have resulted in 3 player lylo with me having to be the executioner. I'm 2 for 2 right now. This cannot last.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”