Mini 857 Disney Movie Mafia 2 - The Classics (Roll Credits)

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:46 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Brandi wrote:Prod received, site was down yesterday O_o
What are your impressions of this all? Of Neopi, of Monkey's roleclaim, of Monkey's L-1, of Monkey V. Starbuck part 2?
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:01 am

Post by semioldguy »

@MonkeyMan
Don't expect me to push a case elsewhere when you ignore almost any post I make toward you or whenever I ask you a question. There are still things you have yet to answer and that you have continued to ignore. I know you have read, please address them.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:10 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

MonkeyMan576 (4) - semioldguy, Neopi, Crazy, Gorrad
Starbuck (2) - Jazzmyn, YankCane151
Neopi (2) - StrangerCoug, chamber

Not Voting (3) - MonkeyMan576, Brandi, Starbuck
Last edited by LlamaFluff on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

semioldguy wrote:@MonkeyMan
Don't expect me to push a case elsewhere when you ignore almost any post I make toward you or whenever I ask you a question. There are still things you have yet to answer and that you have continued to ignore. I know you have read, please address them.
You shouldn't be pushing cases based on what someone else does or doesn't do or as a way to get back at them or make friends. As far as I know I've answered all questions you've asked of me.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by semioldguy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:You shouldn't be pushing cases based on what someone else does or doesn't do or as a way to get back at them or make friends. As far as I know I've answered all questions you've asked of me.
Post 636, Post 666 and Post 692 to name more recent ones. As far as I know, ignoring the points of a case brought against you isn't going to make the case go away.

Cases are based on what people do or don't do, that's how the game is played. Find me a case that isn't based on what someone does or doesn't do. I'm not here to get back at people or to make friends; I'm here to play mafia. If I wanted to make friends here I'd go post in General Discussion.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

semioldguy wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:You shouldn't be pushing cases based on what someone else does or doesn't do or as a way to get back at them or make friends. As far as I know I've answered all questions you've asked of me.
Post 636, Post 666 and Post 692 to name more recent ones. As far as I know, ignoring the points of a case brought against you isn't going to make the case go away.

Cases are based on what people do or don't do, that's how the game is played. Find me a case that isn't based on what someone does or doesn't do. I'm not here to get back at people or to make friends; I'm here to play mafia. If I wanted to make friends here I'd go post in General Discussion.
Those are all the same question. Please don't exaggerate a case by making something sound like more than it is.

Questions that require research shouldn't be expected to be answered in the same timeframe as questions that don't. In fact, it's quite rude to ask such a question and demand it be answered immediately.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I first suspected you around post 126, semioldguy.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I really do not understand the big drama and the lengths to which Monkey went to avoid posting flavour in support of his prior claim, especially since the flavour provided was not in any way surprising and I cannot see how it was worth digging himself even further into a hole (all the way to L-1) to protect against uttering the words, 'windows,' 'pixie dust' and 'happy.' That said, I can still see him as a townie feeling himself under relentless attack by scum, misguided town, or mistaken town, and digging in his heels and not wanting to give away any information that he thinks might help scum, even if it turns out that the information might not, in fact, benefit scum in any way. So, I'm not sure about Monkey. I'm still leaning town on him but I have to admit that this last go-round leaves me less certain of my read on him. The lengths to which he went to avoid it, the time it took for him to finally come out with it, the innocuousness of the flavour when he finally did set it out, and his comments about fake-claiming give me a great big question mark where I didn't have one before.

I also do not understand why semioldguy said that Monkey's failure to post flavour when he claimed amounted to only a "partial claim" and said that "partial claims are scummy" and yet semi did not apply the same rationale to Starbuck, who had also claimed her role and no flavour. I am further suspicious of the fact that when someone (YankCane, I think) mentioned this, semi posted almost immediately (within 3 minutes) that he had re-read Starbuck's posts and yes, lo and behold, she had not made a full claim either. Three minutes from the time of YankCane's post to semi's response and he read all of Starbuck's posts from her claim forward? Really? I doubt that. Then there's semi's gratuitous "I'm town" claim when nobody asked and it's not as though scum would claim any different.

I think it's fairly obvious that Neopi is inexperienced, erratic, and not very helpful so far. He could be either newbtown or newbscum, but I am growing more and more annoyed with his lack of input into the game. I don't really relish lynching newbs just for being newbs, because they could just as easily turn out to be newbpowerroles who are feeling overwhelmed and out of their depth as newbvanillas or newbscum, but if Neopi doesn't start participating more meaningfully and it comes to a deadline situation, I could change my mind on that.

More in a bit. I'm in the midst of doing laundry (ack) and the buzzer on the dryer just went off.

Regards,
Jazz
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Jazzmyn wrote:I really do not understand the big drama and the lengths to which Monkey went to avoid posting flavour in support of his prior claim, especially since the flavour provided was not in any way surprising and I cannot see how it was worth digging himself even further into a hole (all the way to L-1) to protect against uttering the words, 'windows,' 'pixie dust' and 'happy.' That said, I can still see him as a townie feeling himself under relentless attack by scum, misguided town, or mistaken town, and digging in his heels and not wanting to give away any information that he thinks might help scum, even if it turns out that the information might not, in fact, benefit scum in any way. So, I'm not sure about Monkey. I'm still leaning town on him but I have to admit that this last go-round leaves me less certain of my read on him. The lengths to which he went to avoid it, the time it took for him to finally come out with it, the innocuousness of the flavour when he finally did set it out, and his comments about fake-claiming give me a great big question mark where I didn't have one before.

I also do not understand why semioldguy said that Monkey's failure to post flavour when he claimed amounted to only a "partial claim" and said that "partial claims are scummy" and yet semi did not apply the same rationale to Starbuck, who had also claimed her role and no flavour. I am further suspicious of the fact that when someone (YankCane, I think) mentioned this, semi posted almost immediately (within 3 minutes) that he had re-read Starbuck's posts and yes, lo and behold, she had not made a full claim either. Three minutes from the time of YankCane's post to semi's response and he read all of Starbuck's posts from her claim forward? Really? I doubt that. Then there's semi's gratuitous "I'm town" claim when nobody asked and it's not as though scum would claim any different.

I think it's fairly obvious that Neopi is inexperienced, erratic, and not very helpful so far. He could be either newbtown or newbscum, but I am growing more and more annoyed with his lack of input into the game. I don't really relish lynching newbs just for being newbs, because they could just as easily turn out to be newbpowerroles who are feeling overwhelmed and out of their depth as newbvanillas or newbscum, but if Neopi doesn't start participating more meaningfully and it comes to a deadline situation, I could change my mind on that.

More in a bit. I'm in the midst of doing laundry (ack) and the buzzer on the dryer just went off.

Regards,
Jazz
While I appreciate your consideration, I don't see how hypothesizing about fakeclaiming is scummy. Being confirmed town is more likely to get you killed, especially if you have a power role. Leaving open the idea of fakeclaim, while leaving the possibility of a town lynch, also makes it less likely that scum will go after you.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@Jazzmyn - I claimed my flavor well before Monkey.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by chamber »

Starbuck wrote:@Jazzmyn - I claimed my flavor well before Monkey.

In what way is this at all relevant to what he said?
Taking a break from the site.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Less likely the scum will go after you, yes, but it also means you're more likely to be lynched.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Starbuck »

chamber wrote:

SHE said in that big long post that I didn't claim my flavor, but if she had been around instead of active lurking, she would have seen that I did.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:While I appreciate your consideration, I don't see how hypothesizing about fakeclaiming is scummy. Being confirmed town is more likely to get you killed, especially if you have a power role. Leaving open the idea of fakeclaim, while leaving the possibility of a town lynch, also makes it less likely that scum will go after you.
I'm not sure I understand that. You have already claimed a town power role, so how does refusing to disclose supporting flavour make you "confirmed" any more than you already were? How does suggesting that you were fakeclaiming make you less likely to by lynched? (i.e., if you are a vanilla townie fakeclaiming, you deserve to be lynched on principle, as vanillas should never fakeclaim power roles, particularly on Day 1, and if you are a power role fakeclaiming, then there is a good chance that you are actually an anti-town role, perhaps an SK or something. So, how does raising the spectre of fakeclaiming help you instead of just disclosing the flavour that would support your claim? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand this.
And? That has nothing to do with what I wrote. What is your point?

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:

SHE said in that big long post that I didn't claim my flavor, but if she had been around instead of active lurking, she would have seen that I did.
No, that's not what I said at all. Perhaps you could read that "big long post" again, for comprehension this time. And I have not been lurking, actively or otherwise, but nice try.

Regards,
Jazz
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Jazzmyn wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:While I appreciate your consideration, I don't see how hypothesizing about fakeclaiming is scummy. Being confirmed town is more likely to get you killed, especially if you have a power role. Leaving open the idea of fakeclaim, while leaving the possibility of a town lynch, also makes it less likely that scum will go after you.
I'm not sure I understand that. You have already claimed a town power role, so how does refusing to disclose supporting flavour make you "confirmed" any more than you already were? How does suggesting that you were fakeclaiming make you less likely to by lynched? (i.e., if you are a vanilla townie fakeclaiming, you deserve to be lynched on principle, as vanillas should never fakeclaim power roles, particularly on Day 1, and if you are a power role fakeclaiming, then there is a good chance that you are actually an anti-town role, perhaps an SK or something. So, how does raising the spectre of fakeclaiming help you instead of just disclosing the flavour that would support your claim? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand this.
And? That has nothing to do with what I wrote. What is your point?

Regards,
Jazz
If you tell people your whole strategy then it's not a strategy. Either you believe me or you don't.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Sure it is, MM! For example, my strategy is to wait until someone does something I dislike and pounce on it. There, I said it! Is it now not a strategy?

Now, SCUM strategies I could see following that.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by semioldguy »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Those are all the same question. Please don't exaggerate a case by making something sound like more than it is.

Questions that require research shouldn't be expected to be answered in the same timeframe as questions that don't. In fact, it's quite rude to ask such a question and demand it be answered immediately.
692 has other things for you to address as well.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I first suspected you around post 126, semioldguy.
Which shows that you didn't suspect me first.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:If you tell people your whole strategy then it's not a strategy. Either you believe me or you don't.
You quoted my post but you didn't actually answer my questions, Monkey. Please do so.

Regards,
Jazz
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Gorrad wrote:Sure it is, MM! For example, my strategy is to wait until someone does something I dislike and pounce on it. There, I said it! Is it now not a strategy?

Now, SCUM strategies I could see following that.
Exactly. Having a strategy is not a scumtell.

But some of us have more complex strategies than others. Some of us may want to share our strategies more or less than others. And some may be think than downplaying strategy may be a scumtell.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
chamber wrote:

No, that's not what I said at all. Perhaps you could read that "big long post" again, for comprehension this time. And I have not been lurking, actively or otherwise, but nice try.

Regards,
Jazz
I did re-read and I apologize for being wrong. I was catching up right when I first woke up this morning.

But you have been active lurking enough to get yourself prodded. You used the excuse of the site being down, but when you replied we had all been back to posting for quite a bit.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:If you tell people your whole strategy then it's not a strategy.
This does not make sense.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Some of us may want to share our strategies more or less than others.
This contradicts the above.

Mod: Please prod Neopi.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Neopi
Neopi
Townie
Neopi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:32 am

Post by Neopi »

im sorry for my lack of posting im still catching up :)
pie for all and all for pie!
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 am

Post by chamber »

Neopi wrote:im sorry for my lack of posting im still catching up :)
Can we lynch this guy already?
Taking a break from the site.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:37 am

Post by Starbuck »

Vote: Neopi

I'm tired of his lurking, and his constant "I'm catching up, I swear!" posts.

Lynch all lurkers.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”