Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by manho »

EtherealCookie wrote:So.
BJL is useless townie. This is not enough to have me lynch him on day II. We are going on a dangerous path if we're going to kill off people just because they're useless, when we should be on the hunt for scum. So, keep your vote where it's at, Meji. But, if he shows up townie, I'm going to go, "I told you so", given he didn't have any scum tells and you support your vote over the fact he's being useless, which doesn't have to be a scum tell.
bjl is not voted for being useless. he is voted for the fishing, and it is a scum tell.
I hope we can get a replacement for Pianist soon.
and you hope you can get some help.
No, I am sure bjl is town because I know who scum is now.
so why you are sure tubby and me are both scum? only cop can be sure about who is scum by investigating, but a cop can only investigate once as it is day 2 now. so no one can be sure who are the 2 scums, except for the scums themselves.
So you follow a lynch all lurkers policy?
Wow.
you are twisting my words. the inverse of "all lurkers are not scum" is "some lurkers may be scum", that's not the same with "all lurkers are scum". if you know logic, you should know it.
Did you bother reading my post? It seems you didn't.
I was giving reads of people on the Bandwagon. Separately for their actions on each bandwagon. You showed up pro-town Day I. I did not have any suspicions of you. However, your subtle defense of Tubby has changed my mind otherwise.
i don't know if you are thinking in a proper way. maybe you think me looking pro-town day 1 is scummy. who know?
So, just because someone is sure that a person is scum, that means we should ruin all further discussion and hammer? Seems like a scummy thing to do.
seems like? no, it is scummy, and anti-town. but i like his hammer as i really think he is scum. i also like a hammer now as i really think bjl is scum.
Why the hell would scum lie in Twilight, when scum is already dead?
how many games had you played? i have seen lots of times scum saying he is townie in twilight.
Yes, the difference is that the person I am defending does not seem scummy at all.
so why bjl is townie except that "tubby and i am the 2 scums".
I know that. You had your reasons for voting for him. When did I say you didn't? Are you telling me if a man follows a guy jumping off a bridge, he still cannot have his own reasons for doing so?
no, you said so:
cookie wrote:Oh man, Manho. The guy who followed me onto Wrath's bandwagon quickly, and now I'm scum?
and it didn't answer my question why you can't be scum if i vote after you.
No, that's called holy crap, you're trying to attack me along with Tubby, who is extremely scummy, and gang up on me. You must be scum buddies! Sorry for noting relations between players.
no, tubby is scummy as he vote you, and i am scummy as i vote you. that's OMGUS.
A decent case is never good enough a reason to lynch. A good case is the only time you lynch.
so did you have a good case to show that tubby and i am definitely scum?
Once again, I have to ask, do you read the posts?
Crazypianist isn't going to talk more, given he asked for a replacement, so there's no point of telling him to.
crazypianist needs to speak more implies crazypianist and his replacement and his replacement's replacement and... , as they are regarded as the same player in this game.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by manho »

EtherealCookie wrote:Uhm.
ReplacementS?
It's not my fault the mod hasn't checked the game and asked for a replacement. You're telling me I'm bad for asking for more people to be in the game so they can observe whats going on and offer their own analysis? There's another obvious scum tell. Look, now you're scummy without having to buddy up with Tubby! You shouldn't have a problem with Crazy being replaced at all (given you're town) if you believe us two are the scum. Yet you do. Huh.

And then we've got a sick guy who says he's not going to defend himself, and obviously needs to be replaced if he isn't participating. Yet, you want an easy lynch. So you're trying to make it look as if I'm scummy for asking for replacements, when replacements honestly don't change anything you've presented in your case. The only role that wouldn't want replacements at your position is scum.
no, i'm happy with crazy being replaced. the replacement should buy my case instead of yours, if you really have one. but you will have hope in it. but bjl shouldn't be replaced. he was sick, but he will not be sick forever. and now bjl is posting, and didn't ask for a replacement. the only reason why you want bjl to be replaced is that you two are scum-buddy and you want someone else to help defend bjl.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

bjl is not voted for being useless. he is voted for the fishing, and it is a scum tell.
I'm pretty sure this was not directed at you.
and you hope you can get some help.
Indeed, or scum will win. You do seem keen to lynch me.
so why you are sure tubby and me are both scum? only cop can be sure about who is scum by investigating, but a cop can only investigate once as it is day 2 now. so no one can be sure who are the 2 scums, except for the scums themselves.
Because I'm not blind to scum tells like others.
you are twisting my words. the inverse of "all lurkers are not scum" is "some lurkers may be scum", that's not the same with "all lurkers are scum". if you know logic, you should know it.
No, I don't know Logic. Who is he? I do understand it, however.
i don't know if you are thinking in a proper way. maybe you think me looking pro-town day 1 is scummy. who know?
Or y'know, you're not reading things.
seems like? no, it is scummy, and anti-town. but i like his hammer as i really think he is scum. i also like a hammer now as i really think bjl is scum.
Once again, a non-pro town choice. You stop all conversation. Ooh yay, another scum tell on tubby, I wonder if anyone'll pick up on it. I doubt it.
how many games had you played? i have seen lots of times scum saying he is townie in twilight.
I don't see the point of it.
so why bjl is townie except that "tubby and i am the 2 scums".
Now you're catching on.
and it didn't answer my question why you can't be scum if i vote after you. /quote]
Why I can't be scum? Oh, because my role PM said I was townie.
no, tubby is scummy as he vote you, and i am scummy as i vote you. that's OMGUS.
No, tubby is scummy for numerous reasons. Do you, by any chance, read what I say properly? You still haven't answered that.
so did you have a good case to show that tubby and i am definitely scum?
See above answer.
crazypianist needs to speak more implies crazypianist and his replacement and his replacement's replacement and... , as they are regarded as the same player in this game.
No they aren't. You can tell his replacement to speak more if he doesn't speak, however.
no, i'm happy with crazy being replaced. the replacement should buy my case instead of yours, if you really have one. but you will have hope in it. but bjl shouldn't be replaced. he was sick, but he will not be sick forever. and now bjl is posting, and didn't ask for a replacement. the only reason why you want bjl to be replaced is that you two are scum-buddy and you want someone else to help defend bjl.
If I really have one? Yes, I do. See my thing about you reading, again. Also, did you not re-.. Oh god, why does everything I say revolve around you not reading? Oh right, you're not reading. BJL doesn't feel like defending himself. He is basically not playing, then.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

You just claimed?
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by manho »

@cookie, state your entire case on me. i'm pretty sure i've quoted everything against me in post 291 and i've added "what else should i find?" at the end, so i don't think i've missed anything.

btw, you should also state your case on tubby clearly to get other's support.
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

Soyasushi wrote:What makes you so sure that BJL will not flip scum? Do you have more information than we do?

I can't be completely sure that bjl is scum, but he's definitely the scummiest. But here you are saying that he definitely will not be scum, without even stating any reason to prove otherwise. What makes you think he isn't scum? What points do you have in his defense?

Then again, I don't really think scum would be so protective of their scumbuddy as they would at least try some form of distancing, but that's WIFOM, and I might be wrong.

If you don't think bjl is scum, at least say something as to why you don't think he's scum. It's possible that you're not scum and instead have a power role, but for the time being, IGMEOY, Cookie.
As Meji said - BJL has done absolutely nothing to make him seem townish, thus the only way for Cookie to know that he's town is either that he's mafia, a cop who got an innocent on bjl the night before, or a doctor who tried to protect bjl and succeeded.

However, since Cookie roleclaimed Townie... That eliminates the last two possibilities.

FoS: Cookie

My vote is still on bjl. Unless he, or his new replacement, convinces me otherwise, which he has failed to do so for 2 days.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by manho »

@soyasushi: cookie knows bjl is town as he is sure that tubby and i am the two scums, just to let you know.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:04 am

Post by tubby216 »

yah i am pretty sure cookie is scum at this point, BJL is likely their partner.

I think it would be great to lynch cookie.

BJL is scummy but cookies defense of bjl is far more scummy than the actions of bjl on his own.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Checking in.

Anyone know what the vote count is?
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Meji Fan »

I dont trust myself to count votes

Mod, can we have a votecount? Also, yernab is still listed as a player rather than bjl
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Meji Fan »

As for 'vote bjl as he is being useless', not answering questions and such is scummy. He was doing that before he was sick. That (combined with yernab's weird play and most importantly the congratulating the doc) settled my vote

It was not just 'he's useless, vote him'
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:52 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Lol.
I accidentally claimed, yea.
And, how do I know BJL is not scum? Are you people blind? Read Tubby's and Manho's posts. That's how. I know they're scum. Case closed. If town loses, it'll be rather sad. I'm surprised you can't see how obvious it is from both Tubby and Manho's posts.

@ Manho
No.
My case is already posted. You can read it if you want. Which I still don't think you do, because you completely ignore the fact I tell you that you don't read properly.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:52 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

And, contribute a bit more, please, Zach. I'd rather actually hear from you other than "Checking in."
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

manho wrote:@soyasushi: cookie knows bjl is town as he is sure that tubby and i am the two scums, just to let you know.
Just like how he is so sure bjl is town, how is he so sure you are the two scums? Unless he has some hidden psychic ability we know nothing about?
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by manho »

Soyasushi wrote:
manho wrote:@soyasushi: cookie knows bjl is town as he is sure that tubby and i am the two scums, just to let you know.
Just like how he is so sure bjl is town, how is he so sure you are the two scums? Unless he has some hidden psychic ability we know nothing about?
you should ask him again, but that's what i get.

@tubby, maybe we can lynch bjl today and cookie tomorrow.

mod: can we have a vote count please?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:50 am

Post by tubby216 »

manho wrote:
Soyasushi wrote:
you should ask him again, but that's what i get.

@tubby, maybe we can lynch bjl today and cookie tomorrow.

mod: can we have a vote count please?
no i don't like this chaining lynches,,

i do feel its highly likely that thewy are the scum.

however what we need is a vote count and more from zach,meji,bjl/replacemnt and to a lesser extent soy
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:55 am

Post by manho »

ok then. let's wait. or someone should pm'ed the mod.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:57 am

Post by manho »

i don't know why add the "ed" after pm. and i'll pm him now.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Meji Fan »

You have anything specific you want to ask me then?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:22 am

Post by tubby216 »

Meji Fan wrote:You have anything specific you want to ask me then?
your thoughts on bjl/cookie being linked as scum pair

your thoughts on me and manho being scumpair

do you think either argument is valid

or do you think this is begininng to show town v town and too much eagerness to be right?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:23 am

Post by tubby216 »

^ same questions to zach too
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Meji Fan »

bjl is flat out scum and should be todays lynch, Ive explained why

Im not as convinced with cookie, as bad as bjl is looking scum I think Cookie would have bussed . . . I cant think of any explanation for Cookie's vehemence on bjl _not_ being scum, especially as soyasushi noted, Cookie claimed, so he has no hidden evidence (or he is a bloody liar)

tubby/manho - I like manho, he seemed town, though his 'lets vote bjl today and then cookie tomorrow' is a bit of a suspicion along the setting up lynches lines. I see no reason you two are necessarily a scumpair though . . . everyone except bjl and cookie thinks bjl is scum, so, you two are not necessarily connected.

As for you, I thought you were pretty suspicious yesterday, and, while you did go after bjl, you pretty quickly switched away to EC, and I think bjl is the better choice - Im sure you would have been willing to bus bjl if cookie hadnt turned up
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Soyasushi wrote:
No, I have this amazing power to read scumtells. I know, shocking, right?
Fine.
You want to lynch BJL?
Let's lynch BJL.
When the replacement shows, and he offers his analysis, I'll consider it.
Once he flips town, can we please go after Tubby/Manho? Because I don't see any of you even considering them as scum at the moment, which is sad.

And, Mod, can we please get a vote count, and our replacement?
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Meji Fan »

Arent you now offering to do just the same thing you accused tubby of last time? Lynch someone you dont think is scum to get to the person you think is scum

Except tubby certainly didnt seem emphatic about wrath not being scum

And it was near deadline

FoS Cookie
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:34 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

I'm not hammering him. I said I'll consider it, when the replacement offers his analysis. If he really thinks it's BJL, and gives a case good enough, I will stand behind his lynch, because I really don't see any reason to not to when he's sick and given up, and you people won't listen to my urging to lynch Manho/Tubby. Oh, and isn't Tubby telling people to lynch me or BJL? And it isn't near deadline either.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”