Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

This is the link and bugger you for making me find it when I'm posting on the phone at work.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

look at him pushing green something. Grenn dude? Hoever is lynched day 1
---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 500):

RayFrost - 2(mask man, crypto)
Staple - 4(le Chat, bigmc109, muh316, Pomegranate)
crypto - 1(X_~)
X_~ - 1(EtherealCookie)
muh316 - 1(Sando)
bigmc109 - 4(Staple, charter, Empking, SerialClergyman)
charter - 1(hiphop)

Not Voting:Kaiveran, RayFrost

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Crypto - you JUST SAID that towns are keen to lynch such players. So why would that be useful as scum? Would you do it as scum?
I'm old now.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by crypto »

Because it's easy to get away with. In my experience, lurkers survive a couple days at least as often as they don't.

Really, though. Staple is scummy for his actions.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by charter »

Nope. Bigmc lynch. Let's go people. Stop with this staple nonsense.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by hiphop »

charter wrote:hiphop, if I do it as town as well, it isn't a scumtell, hence not a reason to vote me. Obviously I could still be scum and doing it, but you can't vote me for that reason since I do it as town too (you can, but it's a really bad/scummy vote).
In case you don't know I was lynched both times I did it, so I guess it is. Besides if you are comparing it to when you did it, are you not playing to your town meta? And that is a scumtell.
charter wrote:Yeah, this is suspicious and is a scumtell. It's hard to believe you've been doing this in every game and no one has set you straight.
charter wrote: A scum tell is an action more likely to be taken by scum than town. It doesn't matter who does it more often. It matters who stands to benefit more from the action.
Your words can be applied to my case. This last quote contradicts the first one I posted.

Another contradiction in post 418 and now.
charter wrote: I think the opportunistic votes he
quickly
garnered make him very likely to be town, and those voting him very likely to be scum.
And yet you want to have a speedy wagon on Bmc. Tell me, what is the difference between the speedy wagon on staple, compared to if you had got what you wanted (a speedy wagon on Bmc)?

Where is staple on your scumdar? Closer to townie, neutral, or scum?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Due to certain circumstances, former posts 499, 500, and 502 have been deleted from the thread. However, anyone currently in the game or their replacements may PM me to see those posts along with the reasoning for the deletion.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Sando »

Bigmc wrote:Yes, muh is looking pretty bad, and if Staple flips town, I'll definetely be voting muh tomorrow.
So this is apparently the biggest scumtell in the game so far? As far as I can see, Bigmc hasn't 'pushed for tomorrows lynch', he mentioned this in passing and I haven't seen him mention it since.

Yes, it's a scum-tell, but it's certainly not as clear-cut as it's being made out. For instance, if Bigmc flips town, I will see it as a further scum-evidence against Muh, Serial and Charter. Now if that pushes me over the point of scuminess to thinking they're scum, I will vote them.

I personally think Bigmc flipping town would paint a big sign for Muh and Serial, for pretty obvious reasons I think. Merely stating this viewpoint of mine isn't a scumtell. I know there's a difference in Bigmcs case, but I'm not sure how it makes for the biggest scumtell in the game so far...
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Staple »

@Mod: Can I replace out please?

Sorry guys but I just don't have the time to give this game the attention it deserves. Hope this does not influence future games we play together.
I am an Atheist, and I'm proud of it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Empking »

bigmc109 wrote:Is that really what all this is about? If by "setting up a lynch" you mean "giving my D2 thoughts if Staple flips town", then you're right. I'll admit that "I'll be voting muh" might be
slightlly
strong language, but you're definitely blowing it way out of proportion. If Staple flips town, I'm not running at muh with a noose, but I will be asking him a few questions. My first post on day 2 will not be voting muh.

@Empking: I'm not understanding your question. Can you rephrase it?
Why do you think people find Muh scummy for parrotting you?
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Kaiveran »

I FINALLY finished reading the thread! Christ, I thought it would never end! Well, I just skimmed over the last couple of pages, but at least I have some semblance of what's going on now.

I didn't care to be ultra-detailed in my analysis and class is nearing its end. Here's my PbP, however broken and lazily constructed.

BMC – Looks a bit afraid of risk early in day, keeps going back to theory and doesn’t really participate in scumhunting. Becomes vaguely prodding and accusatory and subsequently rises to be one of the more prominent people in the game. Significant town lean.

Charter – Starts out a bit drab, but starts being more of an independent thinker and gives off a pro-town vibe later. Antagonized hiphop as scum, who antagonized his plan slightly. Knee-jerk reaction? Strongly against the Staple lynch and and antagonizes BMC, but doesn’t give of a scum vibe doing so (gut might play a role in this). Difficult to read, tangle of WIFOM.

Crypto – Lead figure in the game. Very prodding and eager for information on everything. Seems arrogant and overconfident at times, might be pro syndrome. Seems to be very protown, but we can't afford to idolize one player. Something seems a bit off in his opinions...I can't put my finger on it. Just a gut feeling. I don’t play meta so I can’t say much. Moderate town lean.

Ethereal – Newbie, contradicts himself, popular target early in the day. Defends staple, who is also suspicious. Scum lean.

Le Chat - Nonentity barring a brief post to page 12, but his few posts have a slight town flavor. Hope he doesn’t get replaced. I like cats.
Retournez-vous!

Mask man – Scarce, but puts original thought into his posts. Slight town read.

Muh316 – Fence sitting sparse poster, very little content through midday. Complains of not being able to comprehend the game/read (I’ve got to sympathize, catching up with a game is hell, but if you’re able to be active you shouldn’t slip in the first place.) Starts picking up a bit from the end of p13, but jumps on a staple wagon. Slight suspicion. Meta for lurking.

Pomegranate – Posted with mostly covered points. Not quite a total parrot, but I see a few feathers. Contradictory behavior/statements as covered by crypto, but I don’t like meta and I think her V/LA claim was legit. Antagonized and voted by crypto. Still, slight scum lean.

Sando – Another sparse poster, accusatory and original thought. Detected a smidgen of parroting early on, but seems to have disappeared. Antagonizes Serial’s proposed lynch of bmc or affiliates. Slight town lean.

Serial – Accusatory, main adversary of EC. Recently moved in to new apartment, may have dirupted activity. Active lurking. Trying to turn the whole Staple situation on its head (WIFOM anyone?) Slight suspect to do recent conflict with Sando.

Hiphop - some questionable things (such as only bringing up the no-lynch plan when he was voted.), but he looks generally protown. A bit hard to read.

X – Went way the hell out of his way to avoid doing a simple thing, which signifies anxiety at being read; a very viable scumtell. However, he has never played before and a lot of his actions can be chalked up to inexperience. Inactive as of late, may be replaced.

Empking – Replacement. Playing vacuously and neglecting the game as usual. No read.

Staple – Parroting and overdefensive, poor attacks on other players, reasonably accused by BMC , seems like he’s giving up on p13, OMGUS “suspicion” on BMC, replacing out to pin his crap on someone else (after BMC’s note about townies and replacements) …*deep breath* Lots of evidence, strong scum lean.

RayFrost- Replaced CSL. Just chummed around with hiphop midday and dissappeared. Says school is in the way. Nonentity, might be due for a replacement.

Class is over and I won't be here till late afternoon. bye for now
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:13 am

Post by muh316 »

Sorry I was V/LA gotta catch up soon
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Scigatt »

Staple wrote:
@Mod: Can I replace out please?

Sorry guys but I just don't have the time to give this game the attention it deserves. Hope this does not influence future games we play together.
Because he asked, Staple will be replaced. I'll still hold off on the mass cleanup, though, until after the move.
Staple
Staple
Townie
Staple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Staple »

Thanks Scigatt. And once more, sorry for the inconvenience. Especially to Scigatt who now has to find a replacement.
I am an Atheist, and I'm proud of it.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Scigatt »

WarWound replaces Staple.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:54 am

Post by muh316 »

So charter you seem to be pushing ALOT for BMC lynch. Seems pretty scummy to me.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:54 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Kaiveran wrote:I FINALLY finished reading the thread! Christ, I thought it would never end! Well, I just skimmed over the last couple of pages, but at least I have some semblance of what's going on now.

I didn't care to be ultra-detailed in my analysis and class is nearing its end. Here's my PbP, however broken and lazily constructed.

BMC – Looks a bit afraid of risk early in day, keeps going back to theory and doesn’t really participate in scumhunting. Becomes vaguely prodding and accusatory and subsequently rises to be one of the more prominent people in the game. Significant town lean.

Charter – Starts out a bit drab, but starts being more of an independent thinker and gives off a pro-town vibe later. Antagonized hiphop as scum, who antagonized his plan slightly. Knee-jerk reaction? Strongly against the Staple lynch and and antagonizes BMC, but doesn’t give of a scum vibe doing so (gut might play a role in this). Difficult to read, tangle of WIFOM.

Crypto – Lead figure in the game. Very prodding and eager for information on everything. Seems arrogant and overconfident at times, might be pro syndrome. Seems to be very protown, but we can't afford to idolize one player. Something seems a bit off in his opinions...I can't put my finger on it. Just a gut feeling. I don’t play meta so I can’t say much. Moderate town lean.

Ethereal – Newbie, contradicts himself, popular target early in the day. Defends staple, who is also suspicious. Scum lean.

Le Chat - Nonentity barring a brief post to page 12, but his few posts have a slight town flavor. Hope he doesn’t get replaced. I like cats.
Retournez-vous!

Mask man – Scarce, but puts original thought into his posts. Slight town read.

Muh316 – Fence sitting sparse poster, very little content through midday. Complains of not being able to comprehend the game/read (I’ve got to sympathize, catching up with a game is hell, but if you’re able to be active you shouldn’t slip in the first place.) Starts picking up a bit from the end of p13, but jumps on a staple wagon. Slight suspicion. Meta for lurking.

Pomegranate – Posted with mostly covered points. Not quite a total parrot, but I see a few feathers. Contradictory behavior/statements as covered by crypto, but I don’t like meta and I think her V/LA claim was legit. Antagonized and voted by crypto. Still, slight scum lean.

Sando – Another sparse poster, accusatory and original thought. Detected a smidgen of parroting early on, but seems to have disappeared. Antagonizes Serial’s proposed lynch of bmc or affiliates. Slight town lean.

Serial – Accusatory, main adversary of EC. Recently moved in to new apartment, may have dirupted activity. Active lurking. Trying to turn the whole Staple situation on its head (WIFOM anyone?) Slight suspect to do recent conflict with Sando.

Hiphop - some questionable things (such as only bringing up the no-lynch plan when he was voted.), but he looks generally protown. A bit hard to read.

X – Went way the hell out of his way to avoid doing a simple thing, which signifies anxiety at being read; a very viable scumtell. However, he has never played before and a lot of his actions can be chalked up to inexperience. Inactive as of late, may be replaced.

Empking – Replacement. Playing vacuously and neglecting the game as usual. No read.

Staple – Parroting and overdefensive, poor attacks on other players, reasonably accused by BMC , seems like he’s giving up on p13, OMGUS “suspicion” on BMC, replacing out to pin his crap on someone else (after BMC’s note about townies and replacements) …*deep breath* Lots of evidence, strong scum lean.

RayFrost- Replaced CSL. Just chummed around with hiphop midday and dissappeared. Says school is in the way. Nonentity, might be due for a replacement.

Class is over and I won't be here till late afternoon. bye for now
Uhm.
I defended Staple?
Please, quote where I defended Staple.
Maybe you're the newbie, given you can't tell the difference between "Defending" and "Not voting for someone."
They're two different things, buddy, in case you didn't know. Also, where did I contradict myself? Are you sure you're just not copying the same exact thing Hiphop has been saying? If I was defending him, I'd be very against lynching him. I just don't want to settle on him right now. Because it sure does seem like it.

On who to vote for, I agree with muh316. I'm not liking how Charter wants to push for a BMC lynch so badly.
Nope. Bigmc lynch. Let's go people. Stop with this staple nonsense.
Too pushy.
Vote: Charter
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 am

Post by crypto »

All right, guys. In case anyone's confused/wondering, last night I posted on here with an alternate account—for the second game in a row :oops:. I panicked and asked the Scigatt to delete it, then published the same post in what is now post subject 502 (with an expletive tacked on the end). Scigatt kindly deleted the original post as well as a pair of reactionary posts by other players.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:12 am

Post by crypto »

I like Kai's post. I am wondering why she didn't vote for anyone. I think EC is overreacting. I want to write Charter off as town, but he
is
fishy for what I think is iffy scum-hunting logic.

Still up for a Pom/Staple/RF wagon.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:23 am

Post by bigmc109 »

I'd like to give Staple's replacement a chance to speak before anything else. I'm weary of lynching people who just entered the game based on their predecessors behaivor

Unvote: Staple

@Empking: I think it's because muh was doing a lot of lurking and suddenly jumped back into the game with a vote on Staple very soon after I first accused/voted him, before fading off into the background again. Looking back, I'm actually surprised that some people found my vote more oppurtunistic than his.
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:23 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

I don't like how I'm accused of "defending" Staple, that's all, when I didn't. I'm sorry for having a reason not to join a lynch on him, but that isn't defending someone. That's just not wanting to vote for someone.
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:21 am

Post by WarWound »

/confirm ok i guess im going to have to start reading up :/
I am a soldier
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:30 am

Post by WarWound »

o crap the guy i replaced, everyone wants dead?
I am a soldier
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Empking »

WarWound wrote:o crap the guy i replaced, everyone wants dead?
No.

Are you scum?
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:13 am

Post by WarWound »

let me check the role pm.. No
I am a soldier
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:30 am

Post by mask man »

Hi guys, sorry for the absence...
Well, I haven't really been absent at all. But as I said, I wouldn't be posting until after the move, but since it's taking a little longer I might as well drop by real fast. There are a few times I should have spent time here but I was all 'well the move should...' blah blah blah. But I have been skimming through recent posts every so often to see if there was anything regarding me. Sorry if you asked me something or w/e and I didn't respond. From the glances I took there are a few very interesting things happening, and over the weekend I'll get on regardless of if the move happened or not and get my opinions out, do some post-by-posts, yada yada.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”