Newbie 855 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Alduskkel wrote:A "weak" vote is not a random vote. I'd be lying if I called it one.
Still doesn't change the fact that your vote is weak.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I've admitted that it's weak but also that it's better than random. I don't see your point.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
VertFire
VertFire
Townie
VertFire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by VertFire »

Sorry for not contributing much, After rereading the forum YankCane151 is rasing the most suspicion in my opinion. I would like to know the vote count and deadline before making any further accusations though.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Yankcane151: No, I don't. Lets drill in on the assertion(s) that I think the are the strangest.

A) Why do you think the question to Socrates was supposed to appear random.

B) Why do you think it was not random?

C) When do you think Aldus and Socrates co-ordinated to implicate you?

D) Why do you think they co-ordinated to implicate you?

I would appreciate direct answers to these questions at your convience.
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Zhero »

YankCane wrote: Still doesn't change the fact that your vote is weak.
Is voting him for having a weak vote much stronger though?

Foilist, gut reads may not be helpful to the conversation themselves, but both Cthulhu and Socrates backed theirs up fairly well.

Also..
foilist wrote: Town players are much more careful in reading the thread
foilist wrote: I'm fine with dicey. I'm not going to lie, I didn't read the thread carefully
-Zhero
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Alduskkel wrote:I've admitted that it's weak but also that it's better than random. I don't see your point.

I voted you, because you had a weak vote. That's my point.

(CD, I'll get to your questions next)
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

CthulhuDreams wrote:Yankcane151: No, I don't. Lets drill in on the assertion(s) that I think the are the strangest.

A) Why do you think the question to Socrates was supposed to appear random.

B) Why do you think it was not random?

C) When do you think Aldus and Socrates co-ordinated to implicate you?

D) Why do you think they co-ordinated to implicate you?

I would appreciate direct answers to these questions at your convience.
A: I said that it was random. It wasn't "supposed to appear random". I think it was odd that he for one asked a player randomly about the Y situation, and why he chose Socrates.

B: Socrates is backing Alduskkel. Just a suspicion I have.

C: I do not know if they co-ordianted it or if they are even scumbuddies, but assuming they are, they see a questionable move, know they can turn it on a townie, and get a lynch and move into night unharmed. Hypothetical situation of course.

D: As I just said. It'd be easy for scumbuddies to attack a seemingly scummy player in an instant, especially if said player had 'caught' one or both. Obviously the scum's motives are to cause a town mislynch, then move into night to kill a townie.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I asked Socrates since he had just posted.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

A) Don't you think the fact that the post order went

1) 'Alduskkel <--- putting what he thought was the 3rd vote on
2) Socrates <-- Making some random vote on something completely disconnected from the conversation
3) Alduskkel,
4) Alduskkel <--- Putting the question to Socrates less than 50 minutes after Socrates post

Is the real reason he asked and not to 'appear random'? Why do you interpret those 4 posts as 'attempting to appear random' and not natural conversation?

Your 'scum connection' is frankly piss weak, especially given your own logic, you could say you putting a second vote on Alduskkel 2 posts after the first vote on Alduskkel while Alduskkel was under intensive questioning is 'Scum buddies attacking a seemingly scummy playing in an instant'

Frankly I just don't see the scum connection between Socrates and Alduskkel - you could argue that Socrates second post was an attempt to derail a bandwagon, but that bandwagon was only 2 votes (i.e. no-one cares) and created by you!
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:57 am

Post by Y »

YankCane151, you seem like you're trying to make something from nothing.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:08 am

Post by CthulhuDreams »

@Mod: Game needs a vote count and deadline
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Zhero »

Yeah, not really seeing the connection between Soc and Ald. Two people agreeing with each other isn't much of a scumtell.
-Zhero
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Socrates »

foilist13 wrote:My use of the word "mislead" is meant to imply a total lack of certainty or anything close, but despite that serves to call attention to the player in question.
Ah, so we aren't supposed to draw attention to people we think might be scum, because it might distract us from what is
really
important. It makes so much sense now!
foilist13 wrote:
Socrates wrote: 2: You state there is already some suspicion. On whom and why? Make sure to explain why these are bigger than Cthulu's vote.
See Cthulhu's belated presentation of evidence. It answers your question.
Hrm, I misread your point here, I thought you said there was suspicion on players other than Yank and it was scummy of Cthulu to make a gut vote while ignoring those.
foilist13 wrote:
Socrates wrote: 3: Why is bandwagoning scummy?
Bandwagoning is not necessarily scummy. Trying to start a bandwagon without having serious evidence is.
Eh? The bandwagon was already there, and if anything I started it. Also, there is evidence, it is just already spoken.
foilist13 wrote:
Socrates wrote: 4: Should we only vote when we know with 100% certainty who the scum is? (hint: its almost impossible.)
No shit.
Socrates wrote: my "gut" doesn't like this post from foilist at all.

Your gut is entirely irrelevant. If you have evidence, bust out with some of it.
You missed my point. Just because Cthulu doesn't have a fullproof case doesn't mean he shouldn't vote. Bandwaggoning is not scummy and he didn't put YankCane in any seriously dangerous position.

Yank: What do you think of this quote?
Y wrote:@ Socrates: When a player helps people, they tend to trust him. Scum uses that to earn the trust of the town. The problem is that scum don't want to help the town, so they just make it look like they're helping. That's what Adus is saying.
Does that make it any clearer?
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

I personally think YankCane's extremely weak answers lock in the case against him further.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

EDBWOY: I think Foilist is a possible scum target - leapt to the defence of Yankcane151 for example, but I think we should lynch YankCane151 today on the basis of current evidence.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by foilist13 »

CthulhuDreams wrote:I'm pretty sure he's scum. He is:

A) Refusing to answer direct questions

B) Not engaging in any scum hunting

C) Wringing his hat about being bandwagonned, but not offering a defense.
This is actually a legitimate case. I can agree with this, and I'm considering retracting my accusations, though it was my pressure on you that lead you to post this in the first place.

@Zhero - The first quote stands, and shockingly the second was during the random voting stage. There is no scumhunting to be done and no reason to carefully examine the thread.
Socrates wrote:Ah, so we aren't supposed to draw attention to people we think might be scum, because it might distract us from what is really important. It makes so much sense now!
If you actually have a legitimate point to make then make it. Randomly casting your attention around is not helpful. If you have something legitimate to point to then post something, which Cthulhu did not show in his post. If you are just saying, "Hey I think we should look at so and so" does not help the town. "I think we should look at so and so because of X evidence," is helpful to the twon.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:42 am

Post by Y »

foilist13 wrote:If you actually have a legitimate point to make then make it. Randomly casting your attention around is not helpful. If you have something legitimate to point to then post something, which Cthulhu did not show in his post. If you are just saying, "Hey I think we should look at so and so" does not help the town. "I think we should look at so and so because of X evidence," is helpful to the twon.
While this is mostly true, sometimes people have what they call a "Gut Feeling", which is actually a thought they can't fully express with words. Not all gut feelings should be taken as proved truth, but they shouldn't be completely dismissed either. Questioning the player who had that "Feeling" usually helps understanding why he had it in the first place, which might actually lead to scum.

I'm getting completely confused with CthulhuDreams and YankCane151. Could some one who knows which one of them said what and what's the case summarize it please. Thanks.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 am

Post by CthulhuDreams »

FOS: Y for again, explaining something and then not following up on it at all.

More seriously, what's confusing you?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Y »

CthulhuDreams wrote:FOS: Y for again, explaining something and then not following up on it at all.
Again?
CthulhuDreams wrote: More seriously, what's confusing you?
I confused some of your posts with 151's. I can go back and read, but I'd like to see people's take on things before I do.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

CthulhuDreams wrote:EDBWOY: I think Foilist is a possible scum target - leapt to the defence of Yankcane151 for example, but I think we should lynch YankCane151 today on the basis of current evidence.
Lynching me would be a mistake for you. If you are scum, you have a big case against you. You have been leading my case, and now you are playing the role of "town leader", encouraging everyone to vote me just because you think so. There is evidence against me, but don't persuade people to vote me.
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

What do you feel the case is against me?
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Y wrote:
CthulhuDreams wrote:FOS: Y for again, explaining something and then not following up on it at all.
Again?
CthulhuDreams wrote: More seriously, what's confusing you?
I confused some of your posts with 151's. I can go back and read, but I'd like to see people's take on things before I do.
Sorry, I thought the 'more seriously' on line two clearly indicated that it was a joke vis a vis the previous round where Alduskkel accused you of providing advice but not following through.

Now, more seriously, I find it interesting that you chose to question the 'again' and not the fact that I made the accusation at all - and you acknowledged previously that not following through was a scum tell.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I never accused Y of "providing advice but not following through."
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Sorry if I am misrepresenting that.

It is how I understood the 'looks like you're helping but not really helping' stuff, because he's not following up the generic statement with any action, giving the appearance of helping without actually doing anything.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I PM'd hohum to remind him about the game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”