Mini 843- The Fast and the Furious Mafia! (Over-Mod Error)

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by MordyS »

Starbuck wrote:Jere has a lot more time of silence than I do, and you guys are still giving me shit about my one week of V/LA. So how come all of that is still being held against me, but nothing is/has been said about Jere? That's quite hypocritical.
Starbuck wrote:And you guys say that I was flip flopping?
First, Starbuck, I want to thank you for the reads you've been contributing. I'm a little too tired to give them the time they require, but you're obviously offering cases and making arguments and it's a nice thing to see (even if ahem-maybe it took you till L-1 to start doing it).

The second thing tho is that my case on you is neither that you lurk too much or that you flip-flop. My primary case is found in my iso 75, and has been reinforced by the way you've reacted to the threat of lynching (which I haven't drawn up in an argument, but mostly I've experienced as a gut feeling). I criticized you earlier for lurking (around Day One, I think?), and honestly, just like then, I don't really care about excuses for lurking. The fact is, tho, that you've stopped doing it, so it's a dead issue for me. And, unless I'm forgetting something, I don't think I've attacked you for flip-flopping. So trying to defend yourself against those charges as tho that somehow excuses my more substantial case is going to be ineffective. Even if you prove to me that you've never flip-flopped or lurked, it doesn't get rid of my case. (And it's the kind of thing that sounds scummy to me.)
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

When I flip town, if I ever get hammered, I want all of the townies to go back and see what I said about each person, in hopes that we can pull out a win because right now, it's looking very bleak for our village.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:37 am

Post by JereIC »

Starbuck wrote:
JereIC wrote:Starbuck: Why do you like KoC's SpyreX : Townie play :: Zwet : consistency analogy? Do you have any posts by SpyreX that are not good townie play? I also can't help but notice you've dropped your case against DJ as soon as KoC started posting seriously.
How did I drop my case? I'm still voting for DJ.
Just voting isn't making a case. From post 752 to the time of my post, you made only one comment regarding DJ, and that was a relatively non-aggressive point about Vin being short for Vincent. But KoC has made lots of posts about DJ, and you seem to have been coasting while he has (he's also been taking some of the pressure that was directed at you).
Starbuck wrote:I like the analogy because I have suffered through many games with zwet, and I understand the analogy.
I too have experienced the joy and wonder of playing with Zwet. I was more interested in how it applied to SpyreX, though.
MordyS wrote:The second thing tho is that my case on you is neither that you lurk too much or that you flip-flop. My primary case is found in my iso 75, and has been reinforced by the way you've reacted to the threat of lynching (which I haven't drawn up in an argument, but mostly I've experienced as a gut feeling). I criticized you earlier for lurking (around Day One, I think?), and honestly, just like then, I don't really care about excuses for lurking. The fact is, tho, that you've stopped doing it, so it's a dead issue for me. And, unless I'm forgetting something, I don't think I've attacked you for flip-flopping. So trying to defend yourself against those charges as tho that somehow excuses my more substantial case is going to be ineffective. Even if you prove to me that you've never flip-flopped or lurked, it doesn't get rid of my case. (And it's the kind of thing that sounds scummy to me.)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the substantial points against her is that SK was subtly defending her. Are you expecting her to rebut that argument, considering it's something she didn't write?
don_johnson wrote:sucks for you if i'm a vig. :)
I imagine it would suck.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

JereIC wrote:Just voting isn't making a case. From post 752 to the time of my post, you made only one comment regarding DJ, and that was a relatively non-aggressive point about Vin being short for Vincent. But KoC has made lots of posts about DJ, and you seem to have been coasting while he has (he's also been taking some of the pressure that was directed at you).
This post alone proves to me that you have not been paying attention to anything in this game. You obviously have not been keeping track of anything anyone says.

I MADE my case on DJ. I posted three posts about his play on each game day, and you know what, just because I'm a nice person, I'll link you to them.

Starbuck's Take on DJ during Day 1
Starbuck's Take on DJ during Day 2
Starbuck's Take on DJ during Day 3

And look, here's the post where I voted him, right after I posted the above 3 posts.

So now, am I "just voting" still or did I make a case?

And for the record, all of those posts occured before post 752, which you cite.

So explain to me how in the fuck I have been coasting? Because with your play and your constant absence, you shouldn't be accusing ANYONE here of coasting.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:17 am

Post by don_johnson »

i'm not going to spam the thread at this time by responding to starbuck. i have answered all questions thrown at me. her arguments are terrible imo, and she seems to be rehashing the same points over and over. also, the two "cases" she seems to have posted read more like summaries than anything investigative. if she flips town then i will surely read over what she has been contributing, but at this time i am convinced she is flailing scum. especially with her giant appeal to emotion. i am considering finding games she is in and replacing into them just for shits and giggles. :)

talk more if you must, but i fully endorse a hammer on this lynch.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Starbuck »

Ignoring IS a scumtell.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:22 am

Post by don_johnson »

Starbuck wrote:Ignoring IS a scumtell.
again: please point out in a pro-town fashion what it is that i have ignored. are there any lingering questions? list exactly what it is i have not addressed and i will address it. as it stands, you are reposting the same accusations over and over and completely misrepresenting the issues surrounding your own case. noone is voting you for your silence. if you really want me to shred your giant post i am happy to do it, but i don't see the point. you are getting lynched today. deal with it. post more analysis. if you know you'll flip town then your posting shouldn't be in vain. right now it just seems like you are more interested in personal survival than you are in a town win.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

I reposted my case because Jere said he never saw it and said that I was just voting you with no reasoning behind it.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:02 am

Post by afatchic »

VoteCount!!

Starbuck-(4)- MordyS, SpyerX, don_johnson, Boxman
don_johnson-(2)- Starbuck, Knights of Cydonia
BoxMan-(1)- Faraday

Not Voting-(1)- JereIC

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:12 am

Post by don_johnson »

Starbuck wrote:I reposted my case because Jere said he never saw it and said that I was just voting you with no reasoning behind it.
so then: what am i ignoring?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Starbuck »

don_johnson wrote:
Starbuck wrote:I reposted my case because Jere said he never saw it and said that I was just voting you with no reasoning behind it.
so then: what am i ignoring?
According to this:
don_johnson wrote:also, the two "cases" she seems to have posted read more like summaries than anything investigative. if she flips town then i will surely read over what she has been contributing, but at this time i am convinced she is flailing scum.
Anything I say. Even things that aren't about you.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:36 am

Post by don_johnson »

i've read them. i offered my interpretation. that's not "ignoring". if you flip town i will reread what you have said, but without a town flip your posts present as nothing more than summaries with skewed, and extremely biased commentary that is unsupported by logical thought. the case against you is solid. you have done nothing to refute it but lash out at others. it is you who have ignored the circumstances of your own demise.

please. if you have a question just ask. if not...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:36 am

Post by SpyreX »

Instead of being an arrogant, ignorant ass (yes, I know full of ad hom, but it's what I feel at the moment), why don't you just answer a question? Before this game, I really enjoyed playing with you, now I won't ever be in a game that you or DJ are in. So where I have I been abrasive at any point other than trying to deal with how awful you two have been to me all game? The game of mafia is supposed to be heated, yes, but you guys have been nothing but rude, untactful, and have made this game very unenjoyable.

I read that post, but I wasn't sure if you were referring to a completely different one, which is why I asked you for the link.
Lets take a moment to go out of game.

I don't have a problem with you. At all. Hell, I can count on one hand the number of players I actually have a problem with.

My abrasiveness is simply a function of the discussion we're having. It's not that you asked a question - it is that you insinuated that, again, I was simply making things up. However, I am not one to namecall or snipe at you personally.

The second quote is saying that you have been in Italy for long enough that it isn't a function of moving there or a radical adjustment in your day-to-day affairs that would cause a shift in play. Especially since you aren't lurking.

So, if you think I am being rude to you I am apologizing for that. It is a game, and we should have fun.

---

That said I do still think you are scum. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ well put, sir.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by JereIC »

What the hell are you talking about? I saw all the posts you linked to in 803, and I saw you vote for DJ. I'm talking about your sudden drop in posts about DJ from the time KoC took up the DJ bandwagon to when I pointed it out. Don't accuse me of ignoring your posts, I've read them all through and I think the pattern is suspicious. It's up to you to explain it.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by don_johnson »

*opens toolbox*

"let's see... screwdriver, check. tape measure, check. socket wrench, check. hammer, ? hammer, ?"

*closes box. looks puzzled*

"does anyone have a hammer?"
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Starbuck »

JereIC is the only one not voting. Afraid to hammer me to see what I flip?

It'll only be good things for the town because once I flip, the rest of town will know who to go after.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If you are town Starbuck and could take someone with you on your way down who would it be?

Who would be the second choice?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Now after re-reading JereIC and then him accusing me of coasting when that's all he's been doing all game. I'd say Jere.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I could dig. It'll be an interesting night, fo sho.

No hard feelings, eh?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I find it strangely odd that he's not voting yet.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:26 am

Post by JereIC »

Starbuck wrote:JereIC is the only one not voting. Afraid to hammer me to see what I flip?

It'll only be good things for the town because once I flip, the rest of town will know who to go after.
I want you to answer my questions.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:30 am

Post by JereIC »

Forget about it.

Vote: Starbuck
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

I did answer questions.

Good job hammering a town-aligned Neighbor!

Do me a favor town, if Jere doesn't die during the overnight, please take him out tomorrow.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:00 am

Post by don_johnson »

i certainly won't be offering him any protection tonight. no hard feelings, i think you are actually quite fun to play with. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”