Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:20 am

Post by Phoebus »

vote: esme
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 am

Post by esme »

Three players and noone has bothered to display the posts of Locus and look at them.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:38 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

What-an-Exciting Vote Count
, powered by The Count-Counter 2000:

esme - 5 (Bamboomancer, CoolBot, rolandofthewhite, milkman, Phoebus)

Peacebringer - 3 (Dranko20, NanookTheWolf, Save the Dragons)
milkman - 2 (Stam, PookyTheMagicalBear)
Locus Cosecant - 1 (esme)

Not voting (8): Coron, Peacebringer, draygn_mage, d_rouge, Nonchalance, mikehart, Locus Cosecant, Mastermind of Sin

10 to lynch, with 19 alive and well, if argumentative and scared.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:23 am

Post by mikehart »

i believe i see esme's reasoning. 3 posts.

however esme should have said
why
she voted. its not our job to look up information you should have quoted to begin with and thence explain your vote.

for that reason,
vote: esme
[/quote]
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:35 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

esme wrote:Three players and noone has bothered to display the posts of Locus and look at them.
Why didn't you just quote his posts .. I mean he only has three. His posts don't poke out as scum, they seem more like someone who needs to be replaced ..

Unvote: Peacebringer
and
Vote: Esme

I think I've let you be long enough. For someone who is in as much of a bind as you are I would expect more defense then what has been given, and to ask the town to go read another player's posts when you could have just said what was scummy about them or lack of content and such seems to me that you are trying to divert the attention off from yourself.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:45 am

Post by esme »

How often do I have to repeat my defense until it is at least acknowledged?

Time-line
1) Some people hardly post, some don't vote.
2) Phoebus complains about spam. (Two posts of two other people containing ascii art)
3) Phoebus asks for more votes on his band-wagon on Dranko.
4) I'm happy with my own band-wagon, think that complaining about spam and then being surprised that there are not enough votes is contradictory since the non-voters would be enough of a threat because they could lynch Dranko. Therefore, I think if he wants votes he should ask the non-voters. So, I say we should go after the non-voters (instead of asking me to switch vote).
5) This is "dismantling the band-wagon".
6) I strongly reject this and am accused of over-defensiveness and what not.
7) Phoebus says I should claim townie or something so that I can be lynched without ceremony.
8) Being angry about this, I get accused of more over-reaction and stuff.
9) After RL days of accusation and defense, I claim.
10) Not enough people switch on my band-wagon, though.
11) brushhopper votes for himself which is somehow enough reason to lynch him.
12) I vote for Dranko who I've already said I found scummy yesterday. In the meantime, we have a dead cop and he survived. The reasons might not be enough for other people, but they are obvious, so I didn't state them.
13) Since people seem to not vote for a claimed cop on day 2 on principle, I change my vote.
14) Locus has not only said little, he has said nothing of substance and not reacted to accusations.
15) Everything I say about other people is evaluated with the thought of how it could justify a vote on me and not how it could justify a vote on the other player.

*) It is my job to vote for the people I find most suspicious. It's the job of the pro-town people who vote for me to make sure that they have a good reason to vote for me. This might include the odd mouse-click even though it's hard work.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:36 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Unvote: esme
. He reminds me of me when I get upset... And I'm always being wrongly accused when that happens.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:23 am

Post by Stam »

esme, I still feel you are innocent, but I really don't like the "read LC's posts yourself" approach. And roland, I think we established the fact that esme is a she.
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:25 am

It would be so much easier if everyone was hermaphrodites. :?
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:30 pm

Post by milkman »

rolandofthewhite wrote:It would be so much easier if everyone was hermaphrodites. :?
O.o

(sorry for the spam i'm just letting everyone know i'm here and that i'm fine with my esme vote)
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:57 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

Locus wrote: vote: Pooky

And I don't nightkill IS, as a rule. I keep clinging to the hope that you people will come to your senses and lynch him.
People always suspect locus when IS dies. I don't find this scummy.
Locus wrote: Not that I particularly want Pooky to post more, given that he's an ISite, but doesn't Pooky usually post more than this?
Agreed, lurking is bad, and even if he's lurking, he has every right to decry it. We also have every right to call him an idiot, but it doesn't make him scum.
Locus wrote: Sorry I've been gone lately guys, I see brushhopper self-voted, so unvote, vote: brushhopper.
OMG! RL PROBLEMS? HE IS SCUM!
HE VOTED FOR THE PERSON WE LYNCHED!
WOW!

HE SURE IS SCUM, ESME!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:27 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Somewhat-Less-Exciting Vote Count

esme - 6 (Bamboomancer, CoolBot, milkman, Phoebus, mikehart, NanookTheWolf)

Peacebringer - 2 (Dranko20, Save the Dragons)
milkman - 2 (Stam, PookyTheMagicalBear)

Not voting (8): Coron, Peacebringer, draygn_mage, d_rouge, Nonchalance, Locus Cosecant, Mastermind of Sin, rolandofthewhite

10 to lynch.

esme has informed me that she will have somewhat limited access (every 48 hours or so) for the next 10 days (until the 25th). Also per the V/LA thread, Save the Dragons will be gone from the 16th to the 21st, and Phoebus' access is still kinda limited. Just FYI.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:41 am

Post by Stam »

I don't think esme is a warewolf.
I played with her when she was a scum in Newbie 108 and it was nothing like what she is doing here. There she went with the town's flow. Never stood out from the crowd. Here she keeps coming out with new ideas and accusations. I just don't think she would change a winning strategy. If she could hide in a crowd of seven players, it should be much easier to hide in a crowd of 20.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:43 am

Post by d_rouge »

I just want to point out that we already had a claim from esme, so the bandwagon on her is not going to get us any more information. Maybe we could try and get information from someone else, don't know who...
If we are going for a lynch, I'd like something more substantial, maybe our claimed cop could investigate her tonight.
That said, I don't know where to go from here.
World Champions!!!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:52 am

Post by Phoebus »

We have a claimed cop.
We have a dead cop.
We have a dead doc.

How far do you want to push our luck?
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:03 am

Post by CoolBot »

I don't know about anyone else, but I intend to lynch esme. This isn't an info wagon.
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:02 am

Post by milkman »

Stam wrote:I don't think esme is a werewolf.
I played with her when she was a scum in Newbie 108 and it was nothing like what she is doing here. There she went with the town's flow. Never stood out from the crowd. Here she keeps coming out with new ideas and accusations. I just don't think she would change a winning strategy. If she could hide in a crowd of seven players, it should be much easier to hide in a crowd of 20.
Well, I read through 108 and it seemed like she was just never targeted, in this game we have many more people to aim. Maybe her new ideas and accusations are out of desperation?
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:29 am

Post by draygn_mage »

In what little experience I have, when a mafia is targeted, they seem to immediately go into some long spiel about why player X who is never on to defend themself is scummy. Does esme fit this profile? Yes. Am I happy that we seem ready to lynch a claimed cop? NO! We need to look at others and try to get some info before we kill off ever power role we have. Beyond esme, is there anyone else people would like some answers from? The only other mafia profile I have is that mafia who are not being targeted tend to flail about in all directions and generally cause nothing but chaos, and mafia who have managed to pass themselves off as townies target middle-to-good players with questionable voting. My current thoughts on mafia are that esme has a fair to good chance of being mafia, milkman has a fair to good chance of being mafia, and Locus has a fair to low chance of being mafia. That's all I've got for now. Only because I want to hear what he has to say,
VOTE milkman
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:42 pm

Post by d_rouge »

draygn_mage wrote: Am I happy that we seem ready to lynch a claimed cop? NO!
Huh? What do you mean by that? esme has not claimed cop.
World Champions!!!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:21 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Unvote

What Flay said. Goodbye.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:30 pm

Vote: CoolBot
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:43 pm

Post by milkman »

draygn_mage wrote:In what little experience I have, when a mafia is targeted, they seem to immediately go into some long spiel about why player X who is never on to defend themself is scummy.
Like esme? I would like to say that it is very possible that Locus is scum, with 19 people left any one could be scum.
Does esme fit this profile? Yes. Am I happy that we seem ready to lynch a claimed cop?NO!
I'm not happy about it either, that's why I'm going after esme rather than daranko first, i believe that if esme is scum then dranko is too, because of the way she tried to stop his bandwagon earlier in the game.
We need to look at others and try to get some info before we kill off ever power role we have. Beyond esme, is there anyone else people would like some answers from?

I don't know how many power roles we have left, I assume we have at least one more cop out there. I'd really like to here from coron and Nonchalance as they have not posted much or at all today.
The only other mafia profile I have is that mafia who are not being targeted tend to flail about in all directions and generally cause nothing but chaos, and mafia who have managed to pass themselves off as townies target middle-to-good players with questionable voting.
To me something Mafia do often is post in spurts like one day they may post a lot, on other days they lurk around and wait for good opportunities.
They like to accuse, any little quirky thought may come up as to why someone seems "scummy" to them. I think if a townie thought about a post like that long enough they would realize that they are giving the Mafia too much information. Information that no one should know. I think the Mafia could manipulate it too easily.
My current thoughts on Mafia are that esme has a fair to good chance of being mafia, milkman has a fair to good chance of being mafia, and Locus has a fair to low chance of being mafia. That's all I've got for now. Only because I want to hear what he has to say,
VOTE milkman
:lol:
Whoops, that's what I get for not reading your whole post first. I just started committing on the first part of your post. I actually didn't mean to say anything about you, just sharing a profile.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:52 am

Post by draygn_mage »

Sorry, I was thinking about Dranko's claim while typing. I meant claimed role for esme. I would still like to hear suspicions about others before we make a lynch though.

Mafia do indeed post in spurts, so do people who work 40 hours a week and take summer classes :wink:

So we have milkman wiating to hear from coron and nonchalance, anyone else with suspicions? I am an empty glass, fill me with knowledge.

I don't know anyone on this board yet, so I have no idea what anyone normally play like. Until I start picking up your habits, I can only go with the flow and make the days lat as long as possible so I can learn them.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:27 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Next-Day Vote Count

esme - 6 (Bamboomancer, CoolBot, milkman, Phoebus, mikehart, NanookTheWolf)

milkman - 3 (Stam, PookyTheMagicalBear, draygn_mage)
Peacebringer - 1 (Dranko20)
CoolBot - 1 (rolandofthewhite)

Not voting (7): Coron, Peacebringer, d_rouge, Nonchalance, Locus Cosecant, Mastermind of Sin, Save the Dragons

10 to lynch. I know a lot of people have limited access, but try not to let discussion flag, folks.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:48 am

Post by Stam »

draygn_mage wrote: I am an empty glass, fill me with knowledge.
Not a good approach in real life, and definately not a good approach in mafiascum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”