Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Empking »

Crypto's post 574.
---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 600):

malpascp - 1(mask man)
WarWound - 3(le Chat, muh316, Pomegranate)
crypto - 1(X_~)
muh316 - 1(Sando)
bigmc109 - 6(WarWound, charter, Empking, SerialClergyman, malpascp, crypto)
charter - 1(hiphop)
Pomegranate - 1(Kaiveran)
Empking - 1(EtherealCookie)

Not Voting:bigmc109

It takes 9 to lynch, 6 at deadline.

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:11 am

Post by mask man »

EtherealCookie wrote: Because the "I give up, lynch me if you want, but I'm just a townie" doesn't seem likely for scum to do, especially on Day I.
People pointed at this while I was waiting for the move to get the hell on. Nobody really said flat out that it is 100% incorrect though, just how scummy the statement was. I think you are experienced enough to know that MANY scum (although frustrated newbies also do it.) will do this. If you want, I can find some proofs.
crypto wrote:
mask man

Probably town. But iso-31 is what lends a shadow of doubt.
soz, not sure what iso-31 is? I was guessing the 31st post, which wasn't by me. Too lazy to check MSwiki, which might not be up anyway.
charter wrote:Why is it more likely this strategy (I don't think it is, seems pretty genuine) is coming from scum instead of town? Why can't he be town and not want to be lynched?
Even newbie town would use a better defense. The way you word this is saying Staple wanting to be lynched is his defense and that he doesn't want to be lynched... That would be if he is scum. If he was town, then he would be willing to die and it isn't a ploy.
charter wrote:
crypto wrote:There are two sides to it, as far as I'm concerned:
  1. Inexperienced
    scum are more likely than
    experienced
    scum to dig themselves into a hole and then make emotional appeals to get out. So it's logical to consider that as a major possibility for Staple as he is a relatively new player.
The thing is, he didn't dig a hole. There were like three people digging a hole for him.
I think Staple did most of the digging here. And even if people attacked him, he didn't have much of a defense; if he can't get out using simple logic, it's because he can't, because people are on him for GOOD REASONS, because he really screwed up.
Empking wrote:
Unvote Vote: bIGMC

I'm not liking his reactions to Charter.
I am. That little Charter vs. BigMac thing over staple was just a giant ball of bigmc using perfect logic against someone with half a brain. I hope that Charter learns that he is not Staple's chainsaw by the time I'm done reading.

What I see: Charter goes against BigMC, best thing charter ever used was the "you are scum setting up two lynches" logic, which people used primarily against him, I'm guessing this turns into a debate on if it's really a scumtell or not. So people get rolled up in all that, ignoring the common fucking sense that bigmc has against Staple. Really, you guys think staple is town?
muh316 wrote:just want to let everyone know Im alive. I just dont know what to post.
cool beans bro.

Like I said, I'll be back on the weekend regardless of some stupid move.
@crypto: What do you think of charter alignment-wise, after being the one that had to yell out 'bigmc isn't being scummy, you are using shit-logic and staple is scum.'(please call me out if I misrep'd you.), I'm surprised you don't have a vote a charter, and instead are more eager to lynch pom.

I was hoping staple's replacement could get some more stuff out so I could judge, but by the looks if it nothing will happen and I might end up just lynching the replacement and then charter when he turns up scum. (oops, did I just set up a lynching line like bigmc? I must be an epic pile of failogick.)
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:06 am

Post by WarWound »

hi im not gonna psot because im trying oto read thi whole bloody thread and its killing my ass
I am a soldier
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

I think mask man put it best; everyone seems to be ignoring my perfectly legitimate case against Staple just because he seemed like the "obvious target" and I
mentioned
that muh might be scum if staple flips town. Holy hell, that was not me setting up two lynches, that was me making a small comment in regards to muh's bandwagoning. I DID NOT say that muh was 100% confirmed scum, I said that he was more likely to be scum if Staple flipped town. Think about it conversely; if Staple flips scum is anyone really going to be suspecting muh tomorrow after bandwagoning him so early on? My guess is no. And as far as the VI argument goes....yes, he was a VI. But as (I believe) crypto stated, he much less of a VI than GreenDude from my meta was. Being the village idiot does not mean he isn't scum, especially when he's not that much of an idiot.

As far as SerialClergyman goes, I'm flabbergasted at how gung-ho he is to lynch me. I've never seen this many "lynch! lynch! lynch yay lynch!" posts, and while I haven't played in many games, I've read quite a few. I don't think it's particularly scummy, but it is bad town play.

crypto, it seems like your vote on me is more of an information oriented thing than a sign you want to lynch. It seems like you're interested in learning more about other players than me though. If you are looking for info from me, I'm not sure what more there is to give. I gave my reasons for everything several times, and I'm not sure what more you guys want from me (that is, the guys who aren't completely set on seeing me hang).

I'm also not liking malpascp's vote on me. I'm sure he'll give the same reasons as everyone else, but care to elaborate?
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

bigmc - I think the 'gung-ho' attitude is just something you pick up when you know you're into a good lynch. D1, you'd be doing incredibly well if you lynched someone who was 50% likely to be scum, usually, so when you get a candidate around that position you might as well fire people up and get it done. Also it's harder for the scum to influence.

crypto - Note the waivering about other players but being sure on a staple lynch.

As for your 574 post:

I think that his lack of presence on an EC wagon is a slight tell in his favour. I think scum would be morel ikely to hop on the case I was pushing than resist against it, but it could have been too early to take sides at that point.

Iso 6 to iso 7 could be a minor scumtell or just a clarification of the thought process.

Iso 10 isn't sterling logic, but his point isn't unreasonable.

Interesting point about his experience not matching his expectation to scumhunt. I'd say it was possibly a scumtell.

So - let it be said I don't find PBPAs very convincing. You can make anyone scummy with a PBPA. On the other hand, you wouldn't expect to find much of anything D1 so whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't have been overly impressed by that case if you put it to me in a vacuum, however.
I'm old now.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by crypto »

Hmm. Okay. I've lost interest in BMC. This has been dragging on way too long and we're getting nowhere and I'm bored as fuck. Can you guys please tell me why you don't think Pom is scum?
Unvote: bigmc109. Vote: Pomegranate. (lol@beleagueredmod)
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

SerialClergyman wrote:crypto - Note the waivering about other players but being sure on a staple lynch.
What confuses me most is how sure he is of me being scum, yet not voting me, despite continually saying that I'm the best lynch for the day. One should vote for whom he finds scummy, and he's not. Therefore
FoS: Crypto
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I guess I should've refresh the page during my catchup.
unFoS
, I guess.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:37 pm

crypto - how do you expect to find scum when you ask every player in the game to comment on a post of yours then unvote and move on after only a couple of responses?
I'm old now.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Sando- Pro-town vibe.
le Chat- Really need to hear more from.
malpascp- Waiting for a catchup post, as we haven't heard much of anything from him all game.
muh316- I didn't like the post about having nothing to say. I don't like his play. Scummy.
WarWound- Waiting for a catchup post.
Kaiveran- Seems pro-town but needs to get more posts in.
bigmc109- I don't feel he's the best lynch today. I don't like him, especially after reading crypto's case (well put together).
crypto-Spams, acts neutralish. Jumps on and off of wagons.

Unvote, Vote: muh
. The best place for my vote right now.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Responding to prod. There was a big internet outage in my area, they just got it fixed now. Things are still a bit screwy, so I'll see y'all later.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by crypto »

yet not voting me, despite continually saying that I'm the best lynch for the day
For information's sake. BMC was right. He's a little suspicious in places and I no longer have a town read on him, but you (Pom) are lynch gold.

Because, SC, I've already found scum in Pom (and probably Staple, who, I might add, is still playing in another game), and I'm back to having a null read on BMC. I suspected him because of his math posts, which were pretty shabby evidence against him anyway. No one else agreed about that, and his attack on Staple is totally legit.

Pomegranate is so blatantly scummy that I'm more than content with leaving my vote on her all day.

I wonder why she left half the player base out of her list of suspects. :|
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by hiphop »

EtherealCookie wrote:There's a difference between pushing hard and pushing too hard. There's not a good enough reason to lynch him, yet he keeps acting like the choice is an obvious one and tells people to hurry up with lynching him.
Let me guess Sc didn't do this?
mask man wrote:People pointed at this while I was waiting for the move to get the hell on. Nobody really said flat out that it is 100% incorrect though, just how scummy the statement was. I think you are experienced enough to know that MANY scum (although frustrated newbies also do it.) will do this. If you want, I can find some proofs.
Take a look at this game We had three townies in a row. First one I will take matyrdom, second one Lynch me I dare you, third one I wouldn't mind being lynched, and only the second one was a newbie.
crypto wrote:Pomegranate is so blatantly scummy that I'm more than content with leaving my vote on her all day.
I doubt it. You get bored too easily. Your scum reads seem to change too. In the beginning of the game you said EC is scum, and than about halfway thru, you said you have a null read. The problem with changing your vote all the time is nobody thinks you are sincere enough to follow you.

I am not going to comment on the bmc case like you asked, because you don't believe it yourself.

The question I have is why did she comment on only half, when she has town, null, and scum reads in the half. Why not comment on all?

And post 606 is her catchup post? One comment on crypto, that she undid, in her next post.

Last two paragraphs pom should answer.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:32 am

Post by crypto »

Actually, I more or less dumped interest in EC after RVS. Once I picked up on Pom's read it's stayed like that all game. Same essentially goes for Staple. Not only that, but basing a player's alignment on someone else's view of him/her is a horrible idea.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Pomegranate »

hiphop wrote:The question I have is why did she comment on only half, when she has town, null, and scum reads in the half. Why not comment on all?

And post 606 is her catchup post? One comment on crypto, that she undid, in her next post.
No, 606 wasn't a catchup post. I wondered why crypto never actually voted for me, and commented on it. He voted while I was reading and composing 606, which made it null (the post). 609 was an incomplete post, because I'm not entirely caught up. I didn't mention everyone because I need to reread a lot of players in iso.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:53 am

Post by crypto »

hiphop wrote:I am not going to comment on the bmc case like you asked, because you don't believe it yourself.
That's a shabby excuse. At least comment on BMC's play overall.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Looking for replacements for X_~, le Chat, muh316
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by hiphop »

crypto wrote:Actually, I more or less dumped interest in EC after RVS.
Rvs ran at least to page 11 and no further than page 16? Interesting. And here I thought it ended somewhere around page 2. All those votes up to page 11 were rvs? There goes all of my scum reads.
Pomegranate wrote:No, 606 wasn't a catchup post. I wondered why crypto never actually voted for me, and commented on it. He voted while I was reading and composing 606, which made it null (the post). 609 was an incomplete post, because I'm not entirely caught up. I didn't mention everyone because I need to reread a lot of players in iso.
So the analysis was a catchup post. That I find hard to believe being you didn't comment on anything in between of where you left off, and your last post besides the FOS and unFOS posts, just an analysis overall. Do you think everything we did in between was fluff?

Bmc- hmm. Talked about theory for a while, but once he found someone scummy he attacked. Null read there. Town or scum attack scummy things. Yes, I believe staple's play was scummy. The part about setting up lynches- if you guys want to make a case from one sentence, instead of the play overall, than go ahead, but don't expect me to agree. As for the meta- I hate meta unless you guys have a game he is a scum, and a game he is town, I won't read it. Otherwise I am bias, when I read it. So I like to have a game from each to compare to. His play resembles several town players, that I have played with. So slight town read.

If you have a big enough case on someone, people bw. Look at the staple wagon, or bmc wagon. Therefore more connections are made.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:33 am

Post by crypto »

Hmm. Maybe I didn't word it properly. I lost any remotely strong scum read on EC by the end of RVS.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:12 am

Well, typically the game of mafia involves the town actually doing something to determine whether or not other people are mafia or not. Sometimes that means checking whether someone else's meta case is a scummy misrep or is actually backed by other games - search function is at the top of the page.

But because this thread is stalling and because I really do want bigmc lynched, I've gone and found the other games, at least one of which is ongoing, where bigmc's alignment has been shown and you'll note the different playstyle and aggressiveness in them.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=425
I'm old now.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:12 am

Post by bigmc109 »

I'd like to note that the pace and style of my newbie game was much different than that in this game. No one really jumped out as much as Staple did here, so of course I wasn't as aggressive. By the time someone did jump out, everyone seemed to agree, so of course I wasn't as aggressive. Everyone agreed with me.
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Scigatt »

Pyromaniac replaces le Chat. Still looking for the other two replacements.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by hiphop »

crypto wrote:Hmm. Maybe I didn't word it properly. I lost any remotely strong scum read on EC by the end of RVS.

Iso 74, post 285, page 12 found here. Major suspicions towards EC.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by mask man »

Serial, Kaiv, CSL and muh, the no-lynch zombie crew. Of them I think CSL is the only one replaced, and I haven't seen your guys's response to my questioning(if I missed it just point it out.). Would like to see some stuff here. Sorry for the pop-like post, busy day. I plan on looking over my posts later and checking questions that haven't been answered, that and my voting analysis that I keep telling myself to do.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Hello. Luckily, I have been following along with this game and confirm that I am 100% town. I would like to
fos bigmc
for abusing staple. anti-town=/=scummy. Also saying crypto is obviously town.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”