Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Lurking I can only assume. VP do you still find Cobalt scummy?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, I don't care for his play at all and tend to side with Sensfan's assessment of his play in terms of his claiming. However, as I said before, it also seems very VI-ish...so I can't determine whether he is lynch worthy or not. Obviously the scum kept him around for a mislynch if he is actually town and I'd rather not oblige that if that's the case.

Juls dying is interesting in a lot of ways and not something I would have expected. I want to go back and read her in iso before the day is out. I don't know if she breadcrumbed her role at all, but it seems an odd kill choice.

LL votes are for all of the strategic lurking he seems to be doing. If he keeps it up, I'm happy to lynch. His next post better be an imporvement or it'll be time to bang the drum.

Kmd-you have anything more substantial to contribute? You said you have no fear of running out of posts, so I'd expect you to actually take some sort of initiative this game instead of remaining mostly silent on Day 2.

I want more from DT Master too.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm voting Locke mostly because his play in this game has been fairly low key and reminds me of how he played the last time I saw him as scum.

Juls was a Guardian. I have no clue what that is, but I would guess it's some sort of a bodyguard or doc type role. My initial assumption was bodyguard when I saw it, which could explain her death, but it really could be any kind of protective role.

I'm curious why Saber is voting Locke, though. What bumped him beyond Sens in terms of scumminess?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:19 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Town
Sorry I caught the flu the past few days which also induced a migraine so I couldn't post.

@Cobalt/VP
I find it odd that when VP said he gained 2 posts you said you tried to target VP for two posts but got blocked. Then VP corrected himself to 7 posts. It smells like something too convenient to me.

@Sabre
273: :S. Would post number be a strong indication of scumminess? Personally I find that a weak argument and would rather focus on scum hunting in general. Content over amount.
FoS:Sabre
since I find that to be poor reasoning in general.

@People who are voting for Locke
I did a post search and his last post was in this game on the 21st for this site. I would say his "lurking" = scummy argument would hold more water if he posted in other games. Therefore I'm more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, or it's time to get a replacement.

@KMD
Yoh, you voted and you didn't answer my question? Have some motivation

Vote: KMD
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Vi »

The day is upon us... A day that will stand proudly in the history of Crimea. Today, a weak queen falls...and a new king prevails!

Vote Count:

Locke Lamora (L-3) ~ VP Baltar, Goatrevolt, saberwolf

Cobalt (L-4) ~ SensFan, Kmd4390
fuzzylightning (L-5) ~ Cobalt
Kmd4390 (L-5) ~ DTMaster
SensFan (L-6) ~
saberwolf

Not Voting:
DTMaster,
fuzzylightning, Locke Lamora, Sotty7

--With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
--Deadline is Tuesday, October 27 2009.
(4 days left)

saberwolf - 21
Cobalt - 38
DTMaster - 10
fuzzylightning - 13
Goatrevolt - 23
Kmd4390 - 26
Locke Lamora - 6
SensFan - 23
Sotty7 - 12
VP Baltar - 23
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:17 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Not sure what to make of Cobalt's claim right now, but I think it's more likely that she was roleblocked than fakeclaimed the post ability.

Saber's vote on me is pretty opportunistic and I would also like to know how I became top suspect ahead of Sens.

I don't like KMD's vote-hopping close to deadline. His suspicion of DDD was basically gut and the way he tried to dissuade people from voting DDD then hopped on him twice near deadline smells of opportunistic scum to me.

I'm also getting more and more dubious of Sens' obsession with Cobalt. I agree that Micaiah does not automatically make her town but a substantial amount of his contributions have basically been 'lynch Cobalt' and I get the impression he's now going to think everything she does points to her being scum. His reaction to her being roleblocked indicates this; in the context of her losing posts to give to others, being told that her roleblock failed makes perfect sense.

Unvote; Vote: KMD
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Sotty7 »

DTMaster wrote:@Cobalt/VP
I find it odd that when VP said he gained 2 posts you said you tried to target VP for two posts but got blocked. Then VP corrected himself to 7 posts. It smells like something too convenient to me.
I actually agree with this. Also I am still unsure how VP could have got the number of posts wrong. With how Vi informed me there was no way for such a confusion.

I will also join the chorus asking for Saber to explain the opportunistic hop onto LL. Why go for a lurker so easily when you have made a case on sens?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty, I want you to directly paraphrase how Vi informed you of the post bump.

Also, I would like you to explain why you think Juls was killed last night.

I am doing some other reading right now, but I'm hoping to have a more substantial post tonight.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Cobalt »

Hmmmm... just noticed Sotty said she was ok with claiming post cap, but never did.
Also, didn't VP already explain why he erred re: post cap increase?
I want saberwolf to post more. Case on sens? Case on anyone?
Fuzzylightning is pretty lurky.
hatersgonnahate.gif
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:19 am

Post by DTMaster »

Whoops. Too many tabs = Posted in the wrong thread. x.x

@Sotty
I do have to say though, the math failure explanation is plausible. I can confirm that I got the same setup as VP's message. I can't put my finger on it but something is giving me odd vibes here. It's note worthy as of now since to me the whole number 2 situation just stands out.

@KMD
DTM wrote: Why did you unvote to sabre then changed back if your gut pointed to DDD. It reads as opportunistic vote hopping to force a wagon through day 1. Also do you maintain by your gut reasoning for your scum list?
I also assume you agree with Sens then, despite the whole discussion that is taking place. Do you agree/disagree with the RB situation?

EDIT: You answered the question in your response to LL. :S

@LL
Tunneling, borderline confirmation bias? Reminds me of Foggy Londontown Mafia (check my wiki) were scum tricked the town to do this.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:04 am

Post by saberwolf »

To those complaining saying I should post more or asking why the switch to LL:

I only have 57 posts, I have already nearly used up half of them. My posting will be limited. I will vote how I please, and if Sens can get away with such bullshit voting with only getting questioned by me, then I'm taking a page out of his book and just voting with no reasons to save posts. MY sens BW is getting nowhere so I no longer have a reason to pursue it when it has no momentum.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Vi »

We all wanted to know if our queen would have the power to stop a civil war. But, no, you were too hesitant and too concerned about harming the people... Now look what has happened.

Vote Count:

Locke Lamora (L-3) ~ VP Baltar, Goatrevolt, saberwolf

Kmd4390 (L-4) ~ DTMaster, Locke Lamora
fuzzylightning (L-5) ~ Cobalt

Not Voting:
fuzzylightning,
Locke Lamora,
Sotty7

(Only got 3 days left)

saberwolf - 22
Cobalt - 39
DTMaster - 11
fuzzylightning - 13
Goatrevolt - 23
Kmd4390 - 29
Locke Lamora - 7
SensFan - 23
Sotty7 - 13
VP Baltar - 24
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Cobalt »

unvote vote kmd
hatersgonnahate.gif
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Sotty7 »

VP Baltar wrote:Sotty, I want you to directly paraphrase how Vi informed you of the post bump.
She basically said my post total had been raised to x amount and I had x amount of posts left.

As far as Juls is concerned I think she died protecting someone. Really I have no idea what a Guardian role is in this game so I don't know. Vi says something about her being Permanent and Total Protector so the possibly of a weak doc doesn't sound as likely. It's not really something I am going to think too much about because I don't have enough info to glean a decent conclusion.
Cobalt wrote:Hmmmm... just noticed Sotty said she was ok with claiming post cap, but never did.
Huh... You're right, I must have forgotten when I was sick. I had 60 posts now I have 67.
Kmd4390 wrote:I switched to Saber thinking he had more votes. After seeing a vote count, DDD was the more likely lynch and my preference (second to Cobalt of course) anyway, so I went back to DDD. And yeah, my gut said he was scum.
When did your gut call DDD scum? As far as I remember you were very much against a DDD lynch at first.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Really disappointed that most of the folks in this game are willing to sit back and not try to generate new discussion. That is basically handing the game to scum.

I reread Juls, but didn't see any breadcrumbs or gain any insight into the specifics of her role or who she may have protected last night. Looking at her role (Permanent and Total Protector), I don't think I buy the bodyguard argument necessarily. That role sounds like either a Jailkeeper that protects against all night actions or something new that would grant UNK-ability in exchange for death perhaps (the permanent thing is weird).

I find DT Master pretty damn scummy in iso. He has a lot of stance switches during day one that just seem strange for a pro-town player:
a)says we shouldn't claim post counts, then does in next post
b)says we need to use "behavioral analysis", then spends lots of time talking flavor
c)advocates for active scum hunting from others ("post your scumlist and why") but doesn't do much of that himself. I see him attack lurkers a lot Day 1, and even that is without gusto. He's going with the flow of other people's suspicions all day.

Furthermore, he plunks a vote on ACSN about 5 days from deadline and coasts on it until the day is out, even though he said that he was feeling better about saber's posting. During this time there was a lot of discussion happening re: DDD and other things ,but he comments on almost none of it while he stands by a vote that he doesn't even seem that certain about

Then there is this:
DT Master wrote:@Cobalt/VP
Which makes absolutely no sense considering I said I gained two posts before Cobalt claimed he gave me two. Looks to me like scum looking for a convenient place to attack without actually paying attention. (especially since he said my explanation makes sense).

Unvote, Vote: DT Master

Sotty, I'll say I don't like your joining the chorus on that attack either when you apparently received the same post as I did. On top of that, what could possibly be the scum motivation for such a move?

I also don't like your latest question to kmd about DDD. He had been saying he thought DDD was scum all day, just wouldn't vote.

People need to start posting and voting because ideally we should have our target decided today.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Cobalt »

I'd prefer kmd but I am willing to vote DTM for a lynch. However I thought some of his day 1 weirdness was because he was V/LA for some of that time?
Also, I have a hunch that Juls's death was the cause of the global +7 effect. Just based on what seems to be the whole hitpoints-as-posts flavor we seem to have and Juls's role title.
VP, what do you think of fuzzylightning?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Vi »

I'll never forget him... He was the one warrior who the late King Ashnard trusted. Encased in pitch-black armor, standing tall with a crimson cape... When the Liberation Army fought at the capital, he was there. He sided with the Silver-Haired Maiden.

Vote Count:

Kmd4390 (L-3) ~ DTMaster, Locke Lamora, Cobalt

Locke Lamora (L-4) ~
VP Baltar,
Goatrevolt, saberwolf
DTMaster (L-5) ~ VP Baltar
fuzzylightning (L-6) ~
Cobalt

Not Voting:
fuzzylightning, Sotty7

(Only got 2 days left)

saberwolf - 22
Cobalt - 40
DTMaster - 11
fuzzylightning - 13
Goatrevolt - 23
Kmd4390 - 30
Locke Lamora - 7
SensFan - 23
Sotty7 - 14
VP Baltar - 25
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

@Cobalt

fuzzy is neutral to scummy for me. I still don't like his flip flop on DDD, but it is for a legit reason.

Right now I am fairly confident that Sens, Saber and you are probably town. Everyone else is pretty much up in the air,but DT Master needs lynching something serious.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I think Cobalt and Saber are town.

I'm not positive on VP or Sens, but I'm leaning town on both.

Sotty, DTMaster and KMD I could see go either way.

Fuzzy and Locke are the two scummiest players. Locke has gone back to lurking after people shifted their attention elsewhere, and fuzzy really hasn't done anything townish this entire game, and has been pretty much out of sight out of mind.

I'm still in favor of lynching Locke.

I would like to reread this game and get some fresh insight, but it's probably not going to happen before deadline.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Cobalt »

Cobalt, what is the case on me?
dunno
unvote vote DTMaster
hatersgonnahate.gif
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Why did you vote him in the first place, then?
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Cobalt »

I like to have my vote on a wagon.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

What about his wagon was better than the wagon on Locke Lamora, who you suggested we should have lynched yesterday over DDD?
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Cobalt »

It was gaining momentum. I felt scum was soon to hop on and wanted to make it easier for them (and thus more obvious), but nobody else voted.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

So let me get this straight. You think KMD is town but yet you jumped on his wagon in hopes of "luring scum on" and even went so far as to say:
Cobalt wrote:I'd prefer kmd but I am willing to vote DTM for a lynch.
and then just decided to jump off when questioned as to why you're voting KMD?

Why do you think you voting KMD would get scum to jump on the wagon? If KMD is town and you're voting him, then they wouldn't really need to get on the wagon as you're pushing it above the threshhold of any other wagon, am I right? If you think KMD is town, why wouldn't you simply just wait and see who jumps on and then attack them for it? Why do you think KMD is town?

This all feels pretty fishy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”