Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I PM'd hohum Friday and got a response from him that he was going to get caught up that night. He hasn't shown up yet?

He has until tomorrow morning - this is bad considering that he's modding 5 games or so in the Newbie queue. I'm going to send him one more PM now. If there's no response I will either take the game over or call it abandoned, depending on what state the other games he was modding are in.

My sincerest apologies folks. As has been stated, this is NOT the norm here on mafiascum.net. I will do my best to get this resolved ASAP.

Vel
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:03 am

Post by tubby216 »

thanks vel
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

I thought they usually have backup mods for this kind of situation?
I only play one game at a time, until further notice.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Only new mods have a backup
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

bjl(3): Meji Fan, Soyasushi, manho

EtherealCookie(2): tubby216, Zachrulez
tubby216(1): EtherealCookie

Not Voting(1): bjl, crazypianist1116

With 8 Alive it takes 5 to lynch

As a reminder Day 2 began on October 14th so your deadline is November 4th. I'm searching for a replacement for crazypianist now.
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

Mod: Will be V/LA from 31st October to 8th November

noted
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:36 am

Post by manho »

so we will need our replacement fast, or someone else need to hammer before the deadline.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:38 am

Post by tubby216 »

well i doubt cookie will ever vote for bjl but in the case that cookie does i would gladly hammer and we can adress this cookie mess tomorrow
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:39 am

Post by hohum »

Kyiv replaces crazypianist effective immediately.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:54 am

Post by hohum »

Your game appears to be full again. On a personal note I'd like to apologize for disappearing. I won't bore you with the details because it really doesn't matter. Bottom line is I should have gotten someone to look after your game for you in my absence.

VRK is correct when he says this is not the norm. Not for newbie games and not for games I typically run. Please be assured that I'm committed to your game for its duration and I hope you'll hang out here and help us wrap this up!

Good luck guys!
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Kyiv »

Hello folks! I'll be replacing crazypianist; just give me a bit of time to catch up in the thread (doesn't look like he did a whole lot of posting). In the meantime, I'd like to see everyone reaffirm their stances (who you're voting for and why) And I don't think I'm voting for anyone at the moment but
Unvote
anyway. I promise I won't go AWOL :P
TTFN
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Between BJL and Cookie, I still find cookie to be a stronger lynch.

Under threat of deadline, I may be willing to switch though.
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Kyiv »

*ugh* I'm spending way too much time on this. I need to sleep on this, but here are my very general thoughts so far:

Town, you're clearly being misled. There are so many poorly cast votes in this game, and the Bjl wagon screams of scum quicklynch (Bjl certainly isn't helping town by flaking, either). Worst of all, Tubby is getting away with lurking all of D1 and then hammering Wrath? And then his equally scummy behavior in Twilight? Tubby's set off practically every classic scum-tell so far, and bjl is getting the bad rap? Not to say that Tubby is scum, but doesn't this warrant discussion?

I don't have much of an idea of who is scum or town at this point, mostly because I'm getting so many scum reads from so many people. Like I said, I need to sleep on this.
Zachrulez wrote:Between BJL and Cookie, I still find cookie to be a stronger lynch.

Under threat of deadline, I may be willing to switch though.
Care to elaborate? Do you believe Cookie's scummy behavior is enough to lynch him now? And is your case against BJL strong enough to lynch him now, if Cookie wasn't a factor?
TTFN
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 am

Post by hohum »

Ojanen replaces bjl effective immediately.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Ojanen »

Checking in, hi!
I'll be catching up today.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Yay, game is back!

What classic scum tells did you think tubby was doing? And, anything tubby was doing, the yernab/bjl was doing more, especially on the doctor remark
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Mod - I am moving this weekend, I will try to be around, but spotty

Noted. Thanks.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Town, you're clearly being misled. There are so many poorly cast votes in this game, and the Bjl wagon screams of scum quicklynch (Bjl certainly isn't helping town by flaking, either). Worst of all, Tubby is getting away with lurking all of D1 and then hammering Wrath? And then his equally scummy behavior in Twilight? Tubby's set off practically every classic scum-tell so far, and bjl is getting the bad rap? Not to say that Tubby is scum, but doesn't this warrant discussion?
FINALLY.
Someone with sense.
Thank you.
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Kyiv »

I didn't really want to focus solely on Tubby, but this is going to be a long post.
tubby216, Sept 21 wrote:see now we have a disscusion going, and thank you to meji who was paying attention you get a cookie.

vote: yernab
for trying to make us all swim in the deep end of the WIFOM pool.
His previous two posts he was clamoring town for discussion. Here, he subconsciously congratulates yernab for starting discussion by voting for him: Scum move.
tubby216, Sep 24 wrote:
Soyasushi wrote:*Post about smilies and yernab potentially derailing conversation*
agree with this post.
Buddying up with Soyasushi. Not scummy in and of itself, but I have my own arguments on why Soyasushi has been particularly anti-town so far (More on that later), so this comes into play as well.
tubby216 Sept 26 wrote:well we have to think of something deadline is in 3 days,
Mistakes deadline. Honest mistake most likely, but I can't help but feel that Tubby is constantly trying to rush the town. Please note that after this post, tubby questions Manho once, presses him, and quickly abandons it: his only town point (which was still in Sept.) Afterwards, he started active lurking as Wrath started to take the heat from Cookie, and completely disappears from any discussion, until Meji threw down his/her vote, and then:
tubby216, Oct 8 wrote:well i still like yernab for scum, but with the deadline comeing
i'll just have to look into BJL later then

unvote, vote wrathofshadows
This post wreaks of scum. With absolutely no prior entanglement with Wrath, nor any *true* pressure from a deadline (it was at least 2 days away), tubby hammers.
tubby216 wrote:
crazypianist1116 wrote:Why yes, yes he did.
meh someone had to do it might as well be me,

i'll have some answers and cool stuff for you tomorrow
Poor attitude. Failing to provide a reason for your hammer not only makes you look scummy, but even if Wrath ended up being scum, this kind of response withholds information from the town making it incredibly anti-town. I suppose you expected Twilight to end soon, by your promise of "cool stuff" for tomorrow, but you have yet to provide this information. Again, you are withholding information from the town.
tubby216 wrote:
i had a reason. I wanted to,,, so theres your reason.

and don't call Sir, at one time i did work for a living.
Keeping up the poor attitude (Scum tell), and taking something so trivial as a personal attack (Though that's more of a null tell than a scum one).

If you were prosecuted for a manslaughter, do you think people would accept "I wanted to" as a reason? Even if you aren't scum, you are being so horribly anti-town at this point, and this is just D1!
tubby216 wrote:
Soyasushi wrote:*Snip*
1)waiting till deadline to simply get a lynch is weak,

2) day1 lynches always have the east amount of info/evidence

3) my hammer isn't a VI move if anything you may call it scummy.

4) after wrath reaching L-1 his damned if he does damned if he don't post kinda sealed it for me. It diddn't appear that he was going to defend himself any longer so i figured i'd simply put him out of his misery.
1)
And what are you supposed to do before a deadline? I think you worded that poorly. (null tell)
Er nevermind, I just realized that deadline = lynch most votes, not No lynch. So this makes sense.

2) While not necessarily true, I won't disagree.

3) It is -very- scummy.

4) This is a null tell. Townies do that just as often as scum do (in fact, townies almost do it more often, especially in newbie games). I agree with putting him out of his misery, but you had two days, and absolutely no other reason to hammer him. As far as I'm concerned, this is not reason enough to hammer.

This post is more evidence of Tubby's attempt at continually rushing the town.
tubby216 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
bjl wrote:
Meji Fan wrote:*Snip*
*Snip Snip*
*More Snip*
close ach, but what i believe ethreal and bfl are looking for is the cop claim.

see scum don't nite kill, leaves town thin doc suceeded , cop feel safe to claim knowing there is a doc to protect him, scum kill cop

however if we have one or both roles both should be quiet about who they are
Scumslip? You had no beef with Cookie before this. You didn't even mention that Cookie seemed at all scummy, yet here you say that he is looking for the Cop. Then later, you had no problem with him again. This is starting to look more and more like a pre-determined attack. Furthermore, you bring up the possibilities of a Cop (On no one's mind), which is no less scummy than Bjl bringing up the possibility of a doc (On many people's minds, even if they didn't say so).
tubby216 wrote:
bjl wrote:no night kill, eh? looks like we have a doc, and they got lucky.
bjl wrote:how/why is it suspicious? what other explanation is there? I guess it's possible the mafia chose to not kill, but that's not likely and doesn't make sense. If we had been past the 72 hour time-limit for night, I would have considered the possibility that the mafia didn't get their orders in.
bjl wrote:how are people not already "thinking doctor" with no one dying during the night?

What's the common tactic? Not killing so it looks like there is a doc, so you can claim doc? That seems quite risky.

these three posts alone warrant a lynch, almost baiting any potential power roles to out themselves.
Explain. This is hardly contributing on your part. *TBH, I ignored the rest of this post as it was aimed at Cookie* ::Preview Edit: Actually, it does warrant looking at. Without explaining any of the reasons (He merely throws out quotes and say "Scum!" in one way or another). And to top it off, he changes his "Absolute Scum" vote (one he was convinced of since D1) for an "OMGUS" vote (Note that cookie had been attacking Tubby up to this point.)
tubby216 wrote:^i feel the urge to task you ,, you have no defense then other then to say i am a poor player with poor points? awesomeness pure awesomeness
I don't know that you're a poor player, but you certainly have poor points. In fact, you don't even have points. You just quote specific things, and say "WIFOM" or "Setting up mislynch". You can't expect people to take your word for it, you have to explain your reasonings, otherwise I'm just going to say you're talking out of your ass.
tubby216 wrote:
EtherealCookie wrote:And he fails to even defend himself, and simply says we should lynch either me or BJL.
because i do not need to defend myself when there is scum about such as yourself
I'm so utterly convinced of your innocence now.

Yernab and Bjl is equally long (possibly longer), so I'll give everyone time to soak this in first (and attack me for it/question me etc.) and I still have other scum reads.

But with that,
FoS: Tubby
. You're definitely worthy of a vote, but I still have more to look through, and someone may be more deserving, though I doubt it.
TTFN
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by manho »

@kyiv, read carefully and you will know why we are that sure for bjl and cookie being scum, especially for yernab's game starting question, bjl's congratulating the doctor, and cookie's twilight talk. and read tubby's meta if you think he is scummy for doing every classic scum tell.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

His meta does not excuse him from his actions in this game.
See, he provides reasons for voting for people, and actually defends himself in his games where he has flipped town.
However, he is not doing so here. The hammer on Wrath had absolutely no reason at all.
Oh look. He hasn't mentioned a SINGLE thing about suspecting Wrath, yet he hammers him. And yet people are looking at BJL? All right, I think it's time I dug deeper into his meta.
Tubby, I am requesting both games of you as scum and as town.
I've found one game myself, I lost the other. It is #729. From what I see, he votes people and has REASONS for voting them. He also is town #729. However, in this game, he provides no reasoning on his hammer. Later, it's "someone had to do it," as a reasoning.
Y'know, I did address it before.
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Kyiv »

I hate placing such an undue importance on Metas. It really is a useless tactic. Scum can play elements of their town meta, towns can play no meta at all, and scum can even play their town meta completely perfectly. You can't ignore the huge number of scummy posts made by Tubby just because "he plays like that". He's just as likely to be scum as he is town. I still have more to say about Yernab and bjl's behaviors, and cookie's twilight talk is hardly scummy at all (from first glance. I will have to look more into it, as said).
TTFN
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Kyiv wrote:I hate placing such an undue importance on Metas. It really is a useless tactic. Scum can play elements of their town meta, towns can play no meta at all, and scum can even play their town meta completely perfectly. You can't ignore the huge number of scummy posts made by Tubby just because "he plays like that". He's just as likely to be scum as he is town. I still have more to say about Yernab and bjl's behaviors, and cookie's twilight talk is hardly scummy at all (from first glance. I will have to look more into it, as said).
you replaced pianst right?

so this is you one and only warning tread lightly, because for now you are taking the easy road, I will allow you to do a read of day one and day2.

I know i posted little if anything but take a close look at what i said in my posts.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by tubby216 »

sorry i missed the bit about scum v town request i will have it for you in a few hours i need sleep now.
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

I hate placing such an undue importance on Metas. It really is a useless tactic. Scum can play elements of their town meta, towns can play no meta at all, and scum can even play their town meta completely perfectly. You can't ignore the huge number of scummy posts made by Tubby just because "he plays like that". He's just as likely to be scum as he is town. I still have more to say about Yernab and bjl's behaviors, and cookie's twilight talk is hardly scummy at all (from first glance. I will have to look more into it, as said).
But that's how VIs get lynched and putting the town at a huge disadvantage. I am not very convinced of tubby's innocence due to how he lacks his own personal opinion, but bjl is the scummier one. I am still waiting for his response and I'll not be looking at anyone else so far. In case scum slips away.

I will be looking back at crazypianist's previous posts to see if Kyiv and him have any sort of similarity in terms of their gameplay.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”