Mini 852- Crayola Catastrophe Game Over (Post 1158)

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

^^^QFT. I thought we'd been over this, it's pretty scummy to withhold information from town.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

So does anyone think it's weird the way Chibo reacted to Yankee's claim, saying it was unnecessary and he didn't understand it and everything, given that Chibo roleclaimed yesterday for absolutely no reason???

Check it out:

ChiboSempai today wrote:
I honestly don't understand Yankees claim. I don't suppose it really hurts us per se, but confirms a townie for us if we believe him. To the mafia they already knew he wasn't with them (if he's not mafia) so it's really no different to them. Also he's practically not a power role anymore. There's no way he has his shot still because if he did he wouldn't be posting this.

But like, why exactly did you role claim?
Chibo yesterday wrote:
I'm just a vanilla townie but I'm confident that I've nailed a scum player here.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Yankee »

I am on my lunch break from work and i just have this to say in the limited amount of time i have. How can you consider me rolefishing with Chibo? He was accusing Shanba to the point that he was 100% sure she was scum. If she had flipped scum then i can see how you consider it rolefishing, but when she flipped town then there is no way you can logically consider it rolefishing. I say this because if I were a scum rolefishing for a cop, and saw Chibo attacking Shanba (who i know is town) i would know that he has no legitimate reason to be so sure and therefore cant be a cop that has found a scum. See my point? I would have no reason to rolefish for a cop as a town either, so either way your theory is wrong.
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sorry I've been gone lately, but I don't really feel like there's any need to change my vote today. Chibo's talk of "I have a reason for my change in playstyle, but telling you would hurt the town" is extremely anti-town in itself, and since he's already claimed to be a vanilla townie... I'm pretty happy with a ChiboLynch right now.

I have no idea what the Kirby wagon was founded on, but I also don't like the fact that Socio brought it up, then faded into the background and let it gain a bit of momentum.

EK, I don't see Yankee rolefishing Chibo at all, considering he already claimed by that point. And as to his talk to the pro-town RBer, I honestly don't think that the scum would guess a town RBer (that's pretty damn unusual), but that's just me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Vote: Chibo

I'm convinced.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Battousai »

Prodding Jahudo
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Dang, what is it with these yellow crayons?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Sorry, I'm still reading.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'd lurk too if I had that unreadable color. It's doing a favor to my sanity.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Read: I'd lurk too if I had that unreadable color. It's doing a favor to the town's sanity.

ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

I'm at L-1, time to claim.

I said vanilla townie before to keep suspicion off of me so the mafia wouldn't night kill me.

I am a cop.

HOWEVER...

I'm either a insane cop or a paranoid cop, getting wrong results from my investigations, or always guilty. The reason I tunneled Shanba so much day 2 was because I had investigated Snow_Bunny night 1 and got a guilty verdict. The case never occurred to anyone, and to protect me from getting night killed from the mafia I said I was only vanilla so they wouldn't be trying to eliminate a power role. Even further, when someone brought up it could just be noob play, I went along with it and used to noob card to further protect my role.

This is why I made such brash claims such as I could be lynched if Shanba didn't flip scum. The thought of a paranoid or insane cop didn't even occur to me.

I'm not sure which it is yet though, as the verdict I got from an investigation on night 2 also yielded guilty, but I'll keep who I investigated hidden atm, unless you all would think it would be smart to reveal who it was.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Well shoot.

Unvote

I think you should keep your targets a secret until you get an inno result, if you do.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Yankee »

I believe you should say who you investigated because it is no guarantee that you will live through the night. I think saying it now is better to make sure the town gets the info. I also find it more probable that the person you investigated night 2 to be innocent because i think it is more likely to get wrong results instead of guilty only results.

Also, i read somewhere that Cop roles that are insane or w/e are normally only paired with a normal cop. I am wondering if this is actually true....
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

[quote=cyan]I'd rather hide it until I know for sure if I'm paranoid or insane. I would rather not cast suspicion on potentially another townie. Until I know what kind I am, there is no telling what role the person actually is.

The person I investigated night 2 is someone I had a scumtell on around that time though, so idk. If it turns out my feeling was right and they did flip scum and I got a guilty verdict, it would mean I'm paranoid. Likewise, if at all for the rest of the game I get any innocent verdict, that would mean I'm insane and can decipher my results.[/color]
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I do not believe you Chibo.

We already had a Jester in the setup, which hurts the town. Having a paranoid or insane cop further hurts the town. It is possible for that to be balanced, but it would mean that the rest of the town would have to be a lot of useful power roles to balance that out, or a lower number of scum than usual. Yankeee claimed a one-shot vig, but a vig is a swingy role and can hurt or help town, it can't necessarily be counted in town's favor. I mean, if Yankee is telling the truth, look what happened, the vig killed town. That's not unusual. It's not always so helpful to town. I severely doubt that there is a paranoid or insane cop in this setup, it just puts the town at too much of a disadvantage, given what else we know about the roles we have.

Also, Chibo, if you're a cop, you didn't have to claim vanilla. You could have just said your suspicions have nothing to do with your role, or ignored the fishing. Or you could have claimed for real and hoped there is a doc in the setup to protect you. If you are a cop, lying was the absolute worst thing you could have done, because it has destroyed your credibility, and I have trouble believing you thought it was necessary or a good idea.

Also, hiding your result is not a good idea either. It only helps scum. We are obviously not going to lynch your result, since a guilty from you either means the person is really innocent (if you're insane) or the person is either (if you're paranoid). But, if you get lynched/NKed and flip "insane cop," then we REALLY need to know your result, and if you hide it from us, we lose a potential confirmed innocent. There really is no pro-town reason for hiding it from us. Hiding only helps the scum. Yet another reason I think you are making all this up.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yankee wrote:
Also, i read somewhere that Cop roles that are insane or w/e are normally only paired with a normal cop. I am wondering if this is actually true....
In a mini, there's usually only one cop. Sometimes none. Usually the cop is sane in a mini, but other sanities are absolutely possible. The last mini I played, we had a paranoid cop.

But, again, Yankee, this sounds like you are fishing for a second cop! WILL YOU STOP ROLE FISHING??? OMG. Are you asking about a second cop because chibo is your buddy and you are worried the real cop will counterclaim him? Are you setting up the idea that we might have two cops? There is almost no chance of that.
Talk nerdy to me.

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

*sigh* As much as I hate to say it, Chibo, Yankee and EK are right. None of us knows if there's a doc in this setup, so you could very well be NK'ed toNight, and then if you're insane, the only alignment we'd know is one we have already lynched, and that does us no good. We need those results.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

QFT for the above. Chibo, what do you say about LAL?

Please say who you investigated last night. It can help the town.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

I investigated Nacho and got a guilty verdict
Show
join game

lynch town

win
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Ok, so how does this work? Do we just wait for either (a)Chibo to get an inno result, or (b)For him to get killed? If he gets an inno result, we lynch the investigation target and we have at least 1 confirmed town. If he dies as insane before getting an inno, we don't gain any info on who to lynch, but still some confirmed townies that we can't lynch. If he's paranoid, he's pretty much useless, except to scum, because he misleads town. Do I have that correct?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I think so, give or take.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Right now, Chibo seems like a pretty useless cop because we have to wait for him to get an innocent result in order to discover his sanity (which might never happen in the first place). It's also a handy lie to excuse his mislynch of Shanba, and a handier to try to influence us to get another mislynch.

And Kirby? If we get an innocent result, we lynch HIM first to verify what we're doing, not his result, for two reasons: 1) If he is what he says he is, it's unlikely he'll live to a innocent result, and 2) It's much safer to do so anyways.

For now, I will
Unvote, Vote: Jahudo
for blatant lurking. The yellow crayon is just starting to bother me.

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Nacho's 871:

First paragraph is purely speculative. It's a good analysis if Chibo is lying scum; not so good if he's truthful town. And even if he is town, his usefulness still depends on whether he's insane or paranoid. Too many ifs for my taste.

Second paragraph just seems a little cynical. For now, I believe Chibo; his D2 actions strike me as newbcop: pushing way too hard, when there was no way to convince everyone to feel as strongly as he did without outing himself. Why is lynching our cop before anyone else safe?

Third paragraph, if I weren't so lazy, I would QFT. Jahudo has had 4 full days to analyze the game; he should be ready to post now. In fact, he should have been ready to post a long time ago...

Vote: Jahudo
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Not before lynching anyone else, but before lynching an innocent result Chibo might get. That way, if he's truth-telling cop, he'll be willing to tell us a guilty result and sacrifice himself for a mafioso, but if he's a lying scum, he'll be more likely to just give up, and he'll be just as aware as we are that he won't get another mislynch.

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I don't think a cop should be asked to sacrifice himself. A cop, as long as he's either regular or insane, is a very powerful asset to town. I'm not willing to give up that upper hand.

If he's lying, he
may
be able to get one more ML out of us, but after that he's dead. I don't think scum would do that. It's not worth it to them.

If he's telling the truth, and we lynch him, and he's insane, we lose any further results he might uncover.

If he's telling the truth, we lynch him, and he's paranoid, I don't guess we lose alot, since he's only as good as a VT.

If he's telling the truth, we don't lynch him, and he's paranoid, he could lead us in the wrong direction.

If he's telling the truth, we don't lynch him, and he's insane, he could lead us to find a couple scum players, even if he only gets the chance to have one inno result, because of buddying, weak bussing, etc.

Bottom line, I'm not in support of lynching our cop.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”