Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #3 of Day 2

Haylen (1) <-~ MichelSableheart
Sposh (1) <-~ Jase
No lynch (1) <-~ Sposh

Not voting (5) <-~ Bwian, Netopalis, Haylen, Nachomamma8, broncofaninmd

With 8 alive, 5 will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Bwian »

@Sposh

If my records are correct you've voted on Nacho, tehstefan (whom I replaced) bronco, nacho again, haylen, nacho again and now for a no lynch. If for a moment we ignore when the next lynch takes place, who do you think we should lynch next?

@Nachomamma8

What's your take on YamiJoey voting for you and then being nightkilled? How do you think the mafia was thinking when killing him?
If I'm not back in five just wait longer.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Bwain, Foilist voted me, not YamiJoey. I think that he thought I was scum, and so he voted for me; not much more to it than that.

As to how I thought the Mafia was thinking... I have no idea; I'm not mafia. However, pure speculation suggests they're taking out the replacement before he can even speak, which is QUITE foolish in my opinion.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Bwian »

@Nachomamma8

I've found you very shrewd and am amazed you've suddenly got that poor imagination when it comes to looking from the mafias point of view. I find it hard to belive the mafia thought "Hey let's do something foolish" when they decided to kill foilist/yamijoey.

@broncofaninmd and @Netopalis

How do you think the mafia thought when killing foilist/yamijoey?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Incognito »

Haylen has been prodded.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Bwian »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm not mafia.
Asking someone if they are mafia or not reminds me of http://xkcd.com/246/ and the moral of the story being none of the doors actually lead out.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Haylen »

I did apparently do the wrong action with unvoting nachomamma on day one. But, if he is town and i believed he was when i unvoted, then I would want him lynched if I was scum, wouldnt i? It's illogical to think i would do that.

Although, as I am thinking completely egocentrically there, if he was scum (and he reacted ok to my pressure vote so i dont think he is) then I can see why you would think im scummy.

Sorry, my mind is in that everyone should know my alignment mode i used to get into cause im not feeling to great.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Haylen »

Dont ask people if they're scum or not unless you want a claim. I dont like claims until the person is at L-1.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Bwian »

Haylen wrote:Dont ask people if they're scum or not unless you want a claim.
My point in 305 referring to 302 is that I didn't ask his alignment. Nacho is answering with a straw man argument avoiding the topic.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Jase »

Bwain: Asking people what they think the mafia was thinking when they chose who to NK seems like a subtle way of saying "I'm not scum".
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Jase »

EBWOP: Not only that but your claim that he uses a straw man argument is wrong I do believe. Any comments?
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Bwian »

I belive trying to make reason about who was killed might give us a clue to who was behind it. The downside about talking about what happend during the night we might give the mafia ideas for the next night. It is my belief we'll stand a better chance to lynch the right person by taking on the subject compared to if we avoid it.

As for straw man argument or not I'm just saying he answered a question I didn't ask and gave an unexpectedly poor answer to the question I did ask.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by Sposh »

I don't think there are any obviously town players in this game, though. Also, I think we should lynch Nacho or Haylen today.
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Netopalis »

What a mess. What a huge mess...Losing the day 1 lynch, even if it is a lynch of a town player, is a huge mistake. Therefore, I am going to go ahead and say that my first lynch candidate is Haylen. She is the most active of the players who were active enough to have been able to hammer had she wanted to, and she later justified that she didn't want to hammer on a person she didn't believe in. That being said, just about any lynch is better than a no lynch - a town lynch and a no lynch BOTH lose one opportunity to lynch correctly for the town, but there are more town players and thus more bad lynch candidates if a no lynch occurs.

I really like both Nachomama and MichelSableheart as town. I feel that their constant back-and-forth is really driving this game in a positive direction, and that based on the information that we have, neither should be lynched any time soon.

Sposh is a null read for me. He could go either way.

Bwian....is a very tough read. I just honestly haven't seen enough from him to read. I would support a lynch in an emergency.

Bronco seems scummy to me, but I would prefer to see him replaced rather than lynched at this time.

Finally, as someone suggested, unfortunately no lynch IS the correct play today, as it does correct somewhat the problems caused by a D1 no lynch - it reduces the number of Mafia possibilities, although the person eliminated is one of the more helpful ones. Still, eliminating ANYONE at this point and being able to confirm their alignment would give us a great deal of information about the state of the game.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

mod:
I will be unable to post from friday to monday next weekend.
Haylen wrote:I did apparently do the wrong action with unvoting nachomamma on day one. But, if he is town and i believed he was when i unvoted, then I would want him lynched if I was scum, wouldnt i? It's illogical to think i would do that.
If you were scum and Nachomamma was town, a no lynch would have been better for you then a Nachomamma lynch. By no lynching, you also reduce the number of lynches available to town, but you keep a scummy pro-town player alive to be mislynched on a later day.
Bwian wrote:I belive trying to make reason about who was killed might give us a clue to who was behind it. The downside about talking about what happend during the night we might give the mafia ideas for the next night. It is my belief we'll stand a better chance to lynch the right person by taking on the subject compared to if we avoid it.
Allthough you are right that talking about the reasons the mafia chose to kill can help, it usually doesn't give a great benefit. There are so many reasons the mafia can have, that it is virtually impossible to draw correct conclusions on the kill. Especially when the lynch took place on a player who wasn't under any suspicion and was active.
Sposh wrote:I don't think there are any obviously town players in this game, though. Also, I think we should lynch Nacho or Haylen today.
Why? I thought you wanted a no lynch in your previous post. What made you change your mind? Or are you just following popular opinion there?
There is no 'a' in Michel.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:35 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Why should I be replaced? If everyone agrees, I'll be on my happy way.

[/quote]

Replaced by Vel-Rahn Koon. - Incog-Mod
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Bronco: Because you don't seem to be around too much. If you're here, feel free to stay and play....
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Jase »

I will probably be V/LA for most of this week, starting saturday. Sorry for the short notice folks.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Bwain, trying to determine mafia based on NKs doesn't do a whole lot except open up a can of WIFOM. I don't know about the rest of us, but I've never seen anyone successfully pin scum due to NKs before...

Sposh, I'll repeat Michel's question: Why are you voting for a no-lynch if you want to lynch me or Haylen, and why did you change your mind so quickly? I really don't like the fact that you're simply suggesting a lynch without getting behind it.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Netopalis »

Incidentally, Nacho, does your avatar imply that here in free America we eat Octorocs? I hear that they're rather gamey....

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Your sources must be faulty, for Octorocks are delicious. I eat them for breakfast, and I enjoy it so.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Netopalis »

It was a pun. Game-y. :P

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Netopalis wrote:Bronco seems scummy to me, but I would prefer to see him replaced rather than lynched at this time.
Noticed this thanks to Bronco's remark.
You strongly imply there that he is scummy because he isn't posting. But your remark about wanting to see him replaced rather then lynched implies that if he were replaced by someone more active, he wouldn't be scummy anymore.

Is that interpretation of what you're saying correct? If so, why is scum more likely to be inactive then town?
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Netopalis »

Michel: To clarify, I find what little that he has posted to be scummy, but I don't have a great deal to work with on him. Were he replaced, I'd rather reevaluate the new players' position than expect them to hold to Bronco's. I wouldn't say that inactivity alone is a scumtell except in situations where the person is around on the site and not posting.

Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Sposh »

Why are you voting for a no-lynch if you want to lynch me or Haylen, and why did you change your mind so quickly? I really don't like the fact that you're simply suggesting a lynch without getting behind it.
I think a no lynch will balance the numbers out better and put us in a better situation at the end of the game! I am p sure everyone here knows the math so I won't bother with it.
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”