almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by almightybob »

saber: there's no debate about an SK. There definitely is one, because wickedestjr was daykilled, and the only person able to daykill (from the rolePMs) is the SK.

I've been saying this for a while, I would have thought everyone would know this by now.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by dramonic »

almightybob wrote:saber: there's no debate about an SK. There definitely is one, because wickedestjr was daykilled, and the only person able to daykill (from the rolePMs) is the SK.

I've been saying this for a while, I would have thought everyone would know this by now.
QFT
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Hold on a second. Let's think this through logically.

There were two kills last night. They could only have come from scum and vig. Flavour indicates Starbuck was killed by a doctor's injection (scum doctor? very unlikely vig anyway with a detail like that) and MME by being shot (much more likely vig).

Mufasa claims he is vig, and targeted MrSuave.

If he's telling the truth, his ability must therefore have been redirected onto MME from MrSuave. There's no other way two people could have died. So MrSuave is almost certainly the scum doctor - I can't see the Mafia redirector randomly redirecting on a Townie when he could use his ability to protect his scumpartner.

If Mufasa is fakeclaiming, he's scum. Bingo.

Given that Mufasa just up and claimed when there wasn't really much need to and no-one was asking him to, I'm more likely to believe it. So I suggest we lynch MrSuave, and if he flips Town, lynch Mufasa.

Regarding the potential Mafia traitor: if there is one, they couldn't step into the Godfather role, because this would totally bypass the whole "recruitment" aspect. It would be incredibly unfair to Town. Since the Godfather is dead, the Mafia traitor is now pretty useless to the scum team, except to sway wagons. He can't communicate with them privately, he can't perform their kill, he can't step in to replace their roles. They might not even know who it is, since the information is only contained in the Godfather PM.
Alright, read over. Right now, this honestly seems like the smartest plan to go with. I'd say lynch Suave, if he shows town, go for Mufasa next.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Mufasa »

could be a town bus involved, possibly
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by almightybob »

EtherealCookie wrote:Alright, read over. Right now, this honestly seems like the smartest plan to go with. I'd say lynch Suave, if he shows town, go for Mufasa next.
I think we should wait till the mod answers my question in post 669, because I realised afterwards that this plan assumes Scenario A is the real one, but if the redirect works according to Scenario B, MrSuave may not necessarily be scum. In fact, if Scenario B is true, I'd be more inclined to lynch Mufasa, since I can't see why a scum redirector would risk losing their redirect by using it on townMufasa, who hasn't been giving many signs of being a PR.

Mufasa: did you breadcrumb your role at all?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Mufasa wrote:could be a town bus involved, possibly
stop suggesting this. It's impossible according to the town role PMs.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by almightybob »

Mufasa wrote:could be a town bus involved, possibly
There's no Town bus. Read the possible Town roles on the first page. You were either redirected by the scum, or you're lying.
I'm a townie! Honest!

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by almightybob »

Curse you, ninja saber.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Mufasa »

mhm I tell the truth I ended up killing an innocent last night and I no longer can vig.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by almightybob »

Mufasa, when you post, please answer questions directed at you. You've already told us you were vig and aimed for MrSuave, there's no point repeating it. Now you're going to be under the spotlight while we decide if we believe you, and people will have questions about your behaviour, the details of your night choice etc. Answer those questions. Like this one, which I posted just a few above your last post:
almightybob wrote:Mufasa: did you breadcrumb your role at all?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Mufasa »

if i did it wasnt intentional
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mufasa wrote:if i did it wasnt intentional
...then it wasn't a breadcrumb.
green shirt thursdays
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Well if he eats messy there are bounds to be a few scattered crumbs... :lol:
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by saberwolf »

dramonic wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
Well if he eats messy there are bounds to be a few scattered crumbs... :lol:
lions don't leave crumbs, they leave scraps :D
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by dramonic »

crumb: a very small quantity of something

Not necessarely bread, the scrap can be seen as crumbs :P
I'm a hoot
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Sanjay »

xRECKONERx wrote:Sanjay, what are your thoughts on a traitor being out there?
Well obviously, the stuff about not having to worry about there being a traitor because the godfather was killed is silly.

If there is a traitor, my top suspect would be Snow White. She had a surprisingly understanding attitude towards BC considering he had just counterclaimed her. I suppose it is consistent with her having a relatively townish read of BC for most of the game though.

Now that we have a flipped scum, that's the kind of thing we want to look for as far as traitors go. Players that scum don't seem to really be supporting, but are supporting scum.

So,
FoS: Snow White
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

Considering the traitor has no NK, I'd say he's not the priority. As long as we kill all the scum, the best he can do is a tie <_<
I'm a hoot
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I think you guys are seriously overthinking the flavor of the Starbuck kill. It could very well have just been a cute way for Max to say that the doctor was killed. On the first page, the Starbuck kill is presented exactly the same way as the My Milked Eek kill.

It seems pretty shaky to conclude that there is a mafia doctor based on that flavor, and even more shaky to conclude anything from the possibility that there is a mafia doctor
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Sanjay »

dramonic wrote:Considering the traitor has no NK, I'd say he's not the priority. As long as we kill all the scum, the best he can do is a tie <_<
Well, if we got to choose between lynching the traitor or lynching some other scum we would probably be better off picking the other scum, but I don't think it's going to happen so clearly.

Traitor tells might not be as important because we can't be sure there even is a traitor. But if there is a traitor the town has to lynch them to win, so they ARE important.

dramonic, do you think Mufasa could be uncounterclaimed and also scum?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by dramonic »

yes.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by dramonic »

Considering one cannot be protected agaisnt a SK kill as far as I can see, I'd say it's plausible to want to draw out the vig to get rid of him as quickly as possible, even if that means getting rid of a mafia member. They could have just forgotten thatt vig gets only one kill since he failed.

Course, now that the vig is useless, he might as well CC.
I'm a hoot
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Sanjay »

dramonic, here is what I am thinking:

1) There is a vigilante.
2) The vigilante doesn't have any more powers and has no special reason not to counterclaim.

Do you have a problem with 1 or 2?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I'd also like to hear from other people grilling Mufasa about this.

Are you doing this in preparation for a possible counterclaim, or do you think Mufasa could be uncounterclaimed and scum?

If so, how?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by dramonic »

Sanjay wrote:dramonic, here is what I am thinking:

1) There is a vigilante.
2) The vigilante doesn't have any more powers and has no special reason not to counterclaim.

Do you have a problem with 1 or 2?
Those aren't reflections, they are fact.

I'll be extremely surprised if nobody CC, but after some reflecting I wouldn't want the hammer without the CC.
I'm a hoot
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Sanjay »

The players alive that haven't posted since Mufasa claimed:

Remplacement of DeathNote, Santos, Deuxieme Octopus, MrSuave

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”