Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Looker »

Ok, so if everyone's caught up and everyone's voting, who are we waiting for? Deadline?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

i'm nowhere near caught up. don't recall saying i was. not sure what you mean in regards to my "case" against drk. i have spelled out my suspicions throughout my catch up posts. the post you refer to was the culmination of suspicions up to that point. not sure where i'll be as i go along here. if i get the time. clinicals are much more than i bargained for.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

BC...i mean BB wrote:
KoC wrote: Bringing up a Jester = steering the town away from looking for scum, onto finding a hypothetical Jester that may not exist.
Bringing up a Jester = creating unnecessary speculation. This is the internet, we all mistrust each other enough as it is. Jester speculation begins all kinds of "should we really lynch him, he might WANT to be lynched" WIFOM.

QFT
How does any of that apply to this situation?

@KoC
Same question
dj wrote: i'm not going anywhere with this. you brought it up. i never said you were more confident in this game. i never compared your confidence level to last game. i simply pointed out that the post read to me like overconfident scum. maybe i'm not choosing the right describer word, but that's how i see it. there is not much to argue here. i told you your best option(building a case on who you think is scum), but for some reason you want to continue talking to me. that's not going to get youy anywhere. i think you're scum.
I don't get any of what I just quoted. I didn't bring up that I used asterisks.
You
brought it up as quite possibly the second stupidest scum tell I've ever seen (see end of post for stupidest scum tell I've ever seen). It doesn't matter that you never made a direct comparison with our previous game-the comparison was implied by your saying that
BC...i mean BB wrote:
KoC wrote: Bringing up a Jester = steering the town away from looking for scum, onto finding a hypothetical Jester that may not exist.
Bringing up a Jester = creating unnecessary speculation. This is the internet, we all mistrust each other enough as it is. Jester speculation begins all kinds of "should we really lynch him, he might WANT to be lynched" WIFOM.

QFT
How does any of that apply to this situation?

@KoC
Same question
dj wrote: i'm not going anywhere with this. you brought it up. i never said you were more confident in this game. i never compared your confidence level to last game. i simply pointed out that the post read to me like overconfident scum. maybe i'm not choosing the right describer word, but that's how i see it. there is not much to argue here. i told you your best option(building a case on who you think is scum), but for some reason you want to continue talking to me. that's not going to get youy anywhere. i think you're scum.
I don't get any of what I just quoted. I didn't bring up that I used asterisks.
You
brought it up as quite possibly the second stupidest scum tell I've ever seen (see end of post for stupidest scum tell I've ever seen). It doesn't matter that you never made a direct comparison to our previous game - a comparison was implied by your saying that I didn't use asterisks last game. You're saying I'd use asterisks in this game as overconfident scum and not our previous game, which implies that, since you consider this an alignment tell and not a post-style tell, that I would be more likely to be overconfident as scum in this game than our last one, which also doesn't make sense. I've already made a case on my top suspect (CA) and considering you haven't read half the game, I don't even know why you'd assume I didnt make a case unless you were just looking for anything, scum tell or not, to make me look scummy. Talking to you isn't going to get me anywhere? Why not? Are you so infalliable that you refuse to believe you could be wrong (which you are)? I'm not sure you're understanding the game of mafia. You make baseless accusations against me and I don't just let it slide. If you refuse to let me argue what you're saying, it just gives me more reason to assume you're not seriously scumhunting.

I would give you an FoS, but I use my FoSes differently than most people, so...
IWBVFYIIHTV: DJ
(I would be voting for you if I had two votes)
AMAZINGLY AWESOME SCUM TELL wrote:He calls Eek a girl, which goes against Eek's shown gender. The expression is "no girls on the internet" for a reason. Why would he assume Eek's female when Eek's gender shows male? The other way around is an honest mistake, and might actually be a decent towntell, but that suggests he might know something he wouldn't if he and Eek were both town.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:54 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

DRK, 727 wrote:How does any of that apply to this situation?
Duh question of the game.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

1. That question wasn't directed at you.
2. Now it is. Let's hear that obvious answer you seem to have.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

You brought up a jester . . . what we've been talking about for the past several pages.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Do you understand why I asked people to tell me why bringing up a jester is scummy?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Looker »

don_johnson's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1947675#1947675]Post 726[/url] wrote:i'm nowhere near caught up. don't recall saying i was. not sure what you mean in regards to my "case" against drk. i have spelled out my suspicions throughout my catch up posts. the post you refer to was the culmination of suspicions up to that point. not sure where i'll be as i go along here. if i get the time. clinicals are much more than i bargained for.
I see. My mistake. Take your time.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Furry »

Looker wrote:All I need is your opinion, Furry, whether you believe this case to be realistic or not.
I still havent decided if I find this question insulting or not.

Yes I believe the case is realistic. With an expected two town, one scum wagon going on right now, and the votes spread as they are, I would put big big money on DRK being one of the town. With close votes, scum can easily control where wagons go, and they would have options to move off of DRK-scum.

It is much more likely that CA-scum or DJ-scum have all town on their wagon, and scum are trying to stop it from catching up to the top town wagon. This just looks like competition between town and scum wagons like I have seen in the past, and will likely see again. I would be willing to vote DJ over CA if it comes down to it, simply for the sake of making a point about defending a strong town read over a neutral read, but dont want to have to do that.

Regardless of my thoughts on the wagons though, yes my case is completely serious. If I was a day vig I likely would of fired coming into the thread. The early game from CA is bad, the vote on EC is bad, and other things that I have not got to yet.

@Others - Can anyone really mediate the whole AtE thing going on here? Its fallen into "im right", "no im right" at this point. I still dont see him considering AtE back when he used it what I previously described it as, but maybe im just being a little dense.
Temporary unretired alt
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Furry
- Sorry if I missed it earlier, but did you ever explain your town read on DRK?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@CA
Respond to post 731
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Raskol »

Interim catchup post:

I'm on page 20 now. Don't like either the CA or the DRK wagons so far.

I applaud my predecessor's good sense in choosing brothernature for his vote. Meanwhile, don_johnson has come in and jumped on one of the big bandwagons with what I regard as a fairly weak case. He makes a lot of points but none of them are much good---lots of noise, little signal. This doesn't fit well with what I saw of him from playing with him as town.

Keeping my vote on don_johnson.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by Furry »

ConfidAnon wrote:
Furry
Formation of wagons is quite a big one. Most of the people I have had anti-town reads on are attacking DKR. DRK has been on wagons of people that I have anti-town reads on. I know thinking the same things are not completely indicative of alignment, but I trust my reads enough.

Also I think the jester thing is a really bad thing to make a wagon on. Jester speculation is stupid, not scummy. Trying to make it scummy and actually basing an entire case off anything jester related, is far more scummy.

So wagons + other reads + case on DRK = town to me, and I am willing to vote most anyone but DRK to stop that lynch
Temporary unretired alt
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by don_johnson »

raskol: drk wasn't a big wagon until i started pushing. so whatever. your vote camping is noted. you accuse me of jumping a "big wagon", but you seem to be choosing from the three main wagons yourself. is there anyone else in this game you would care to comment on, or are you just trying to choose from the top three?

drk: not sure what you are asking me as it seems there may be questions hidden in those big fluffy posts of yours. i didn't bring up the asterisk bit besides merely noting it. you are choosing to argue about it. i never laid it out as a "reason" behind my vote on you. it is one of many observations i made in regards to your play this game.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:33 am

Post by Raskol »

don: Hmm, you're right about the order of the votes. I hadn't gotten that far in the thread but had read you in ISO. My mistake, but the point about the case still stands.

For everyone on the DRK and CA wagons: could you summarize your case against them briefly? Please tell me the reasons why you are currently voting for your target and why you think other people should consider them a better lynch than anyone else.

I'll have more later, after I've re-thought things a bit and read the last few pages of the thread.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:52 am

Post by Looker »

In Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1948215#1948215]Post 733[/url], he wrote:
Looker wrote:All I need is your opinion, Furry, whether you believe this case to be realistic or not.
I still havent decided if I find this question insulting or not.
There was no
intention
of insult.
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1948528#1948528]Post 737[/url] wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
Furry
Formation of wagons is quite a big one. Most of the people I have had anti-town reads on are attacking DKR. DRK has been on wagons of people that I have anti-town reads on. I know thinking the same things are not completely indicative of alignment, but I trust my reads enough.

Also I think the jester thing is a really bad thing to make a wagon on. Jester speculation is stupid, not scummy. Trying to make it scummy and actually basing an entire case off anything jester related, is far more scummy.

So wagons + other reads + case on DRK = town to me, and I am willing to vote most anyone but DRK to stop that lynch
KoC...?
Knight of Cydonia's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1938085#1938085]Post 643[/url] wrote:don_johnson always brings in his "I always play differently to avoid generating a meta" crap when he's town, from my experience, interestingly.
So I think, what with the DRK jester-crap, for now, I will
Vote: DeathRowKitty
also.
Feel free to plead your case.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Kreriov »

Effective immediately
archeabob
replaces EtherealCookie.

This give one week for him to catch up before the deadline, therefor the deadline stands.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Kreriov »

Vote Count

BigBear (1) - archeabob
don_johnson (3) - ZazieR Shrinehme Raskol
ConfidAnon (3) - Sanjay DeathRowKitty Furry
DeathRowKitty (4)
- ConfidAnon don_johnson BigBear Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia (1) - Looker

With 12 alive is takes 7 to lynch.

Prodding Shrinehme. This will be his third prod. I do hope he responds.

DEADLINE SET: 10 Nov 2009 (Tues) @ 3pm EST
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Furry »

No not KoC... that wouldnt accomplish the goal too well. If you moved to CA, or we both moved to DJ that might work better. I guess it depends where the new replacements vote ends up.
Temporary unretired alt
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:23 am

Post by archaebob »

/confirm

Though I honestly won't have much time for this game until the weekend.

Hope to have a read through done by Friday, will probably post something or another then.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Looker »

Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1949242#1949242]Post 743[/url] wrote:No not KoC...
that wouldnt accomplish
the goal
too well
. If you moved to CA, or we both moved to DJ that might work better. I guess it depends where the new replacements vote ends up.
The purple part's funny to me in an off-beat kind of way.

Move to CA - I'm currently under the assumption that both CA and DRK are town.
Move to DJ - I don't know. DJ seems to be a great town target to me, because town are on his wagon already so you wouldn't look scummy if he flipped town. I think I'll stick with KoC.
archaebob's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1949357#1949357]Post 744[/url] wrote:/confirm

Though I honestly won't have much time for this game until the weekend.

Hope to have a read through done by Friday, will probably post something or another then.
Hurrah, a fresh new perspective has arrived, etc. etc.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Furry »

Looker wrote:
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1949242#1949242]Post 743[/url] wrote:No not KoC...
that wouldnt accomplish
the goal
too well
. If you moved to CA, or we both moved to DJ that might work better. I guess it depends where the new replacements vote ends up.
The purple part's funny to me in an off-beat kind of way.

Move to DJ - I don't know. DJ seems to be a great town target to me, because town are on his wagon already so you wouldn't look scummy if he flipped town. I think I'll stick with KoC.
Why funny? I always have my set of goal to accomplish, built around defending town reads and lynching scum reads. One of my goals is not to have a DRK lynch.

Best way to reach two goals is a CA lynch, but a non-town read lynch is better then a no lynch, or town read one. KoC vote detracts from both goal.
Temporary unretired alt
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Sanjay »

Looker wrote:The purple part's funny to me in an off-beat kind of way.

Move to DJ - I don't know. DJ seems to be a great town target to me, because
town are on his wagon already
so you wouldn't look scummy if he flipped town. I think I'll stick with KoC.
What do you mean by the italicized? I would imagine there are town on every wagon. What makes the DJ wagon special?

Also, so psyched that archaebob is here.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:15 am

Post by archaebob »

unvote

This game is a real piece of work, lol. Y'all will be
very
lucky if I'm able to sort through this before next week.

And I love you too Sanjay.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by archaebob »

mod: could you do us all a favor and consolidate Zazie's spam pages into one post? It'd be epically helpful.
"Just asking, jeez..."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”