Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:33 am

Post by Haylen »

The Flavor Vote Count

Scien: Farside22, ZazieR
Farside22: ODDin, YankCane
Fuzzyman: ElectricBadger, Wulfy
Hewitt: Scien
YamiJoey: Nikanor

Not Voting: hewitt, Fuzzyman, Maemuki, YamiJoey

A meeting had been called; the High Monk assembled everybody in the great hall. Monks, Masons and Students a like gathered to hear the words of their master.

Usually, the hall was buzzing with excitement and students talking loudly to one another.

But not today. Today was different. Today it was deadly silent. They all knew what had occured the night before, how one of their own had been attacked by a werewolf in the woods, and how the high monk had rescued her. They wanted news as to what had happened, whether she had lived or died.

"Hush now!" The High Monk said, despite it being unnecessary, "As you are well aware, one month ago, one of our own was kidnapped by the mafia. Last night, she managed to escape. However, she ran right into what could have been a deadly encounter with a werewolf. I managed to find her and pull the werewolf off her before it was too late. She is currently in a coma, being treated in the nurses private quatres to keep her safe. If she wakes up, she will be able to tell us who the werewolves and the mafia are. We already know, they have breached the wards of the temple. They are sat amongst you in this very hall; as student, teacher or worker. I hope we find them, before it's too late for us; for Hayl; for the temple..."
Last edited by Haylen on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:27 am

Post by ODDin »

I need to do a small reread, but in the meanwhile I'll answer to something:
hewitt wrote:That's a pretty silly statement. Any vote on a player, regardless of intention, is pushing farther and farther towards a lynch because you can't control other players' actions and a pile-on isn't unheard of. Any vote on any player is always a push for a lynch.
I disagree. "Pushing for a lynch" means not only voting, but also actively advocating that you believe a certain person should, in fact, be lynched, and that it's the good and smart thing to do. It's not the same as voting.
It's a theory thing, though, regarding what implications and underlining meanings votes have or haven't.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:37 am

Post by hewitt »

ODDin wrote:I disagree. "Pushing for a lynch" means not only voting, but also actively advocating that you believe a certain person should, in fact, be lynched, and that it's the good and smart thing to do. It's not the same as voting.
It's a theory thing, though, regarding what implications and underlining meanings votes have or haven't.
I'll just have to agree to disagree because you can't control the resulting ripple affects of your vote and just because one player says their vote is not pushing for a lynch could be a complete and total lie. When you can't trust that any other player (except for the ones you're on a team with) is telling the truth with their votes every vote is a push for lynch to me.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Scien »

YankCane - 4 posts. Criticizes Farside, but says little. Not enough for me to make up an opinion on him.
YamiJoey - 7 posts, most of which RVS stuff. Catching up, he says.
ODDin - Until pressured by Wulfy just comments on Scien vs Farside (I suppose that was the main thing going on though). I would say he is coming off less objective than some other players, but has been looking around a bit.
Nikanor - He seemed to actively look outside of the me vs Farside, and seems to have found an early connection between EB and Maemuki.
Maemuki - Suggests a connection between EB and Hewitt. Mostly random stuff. Not much else.
Fuzzy - More posts than I though, due to little content per post. Null read.

Everyone else I am either deliberately avoiding commenting further on due to them being named Farside, or me having nothing negative to question about.

So I guess I want to ask a few questions to the above:
EB? What's your current views on Hewitt and Maemuki?
Hewitt? Whats your current views on EB?
Maemuki. Whats your current views on EB?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scien wrote:Nikanor - He seemed to actively look outside of the me vs Farside, and seems to have found an early connection between EB and Maemuki.
Everyone else I am either deliberately avoiding commenting further on due to them being named Farside, or me having nothing negative to question about.
You call that negative?
I'm currently catching up in other games. After that, I'll catch up in this one.

Dont make me poke you >.> ~ Hayl
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Scien »

No. But then again I didn't imply it was negative.

Just because I said that everyone else was positive doesn't imply everyone in my comments was negative. Its more of a 'these guys I want to comment on'.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scien wrote:No. But then again I didn't imply it was negative.
I saw an implication; that's why I asked, after all.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:43 am

Post by hewitt »

Scien wrote:So I guess I want to ask a few questions to the above:
First off I'd like to say I love how you're kind of setting us up to be pitted against each other in our responses, little bit manipulative there.

Anyways the thing that bothers me the most about ElectricBadger is his insistence about the lurkers. I feel like it's really fake and that the whole anti-lurker/lynch the lurker strategy could very possibly be a scum ploy to get us to lynch lurker town.

I love you guys, who love me? <3 ~ Hayl
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Scien »

I am merely interested in the connections that people are seeing between people criticizing one person of something while ignoring the other.

Those were suggested in pairs:
Hewit and EB, and Maemuki and EB. I want to get impressions in writing, and examine those views that's all.

It is very unlikely that you guys are going to be 'pitted' against each other for just explaining your views.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:58 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm finally feeling better today. I will read thru everything and give my points today for sure.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Maemuki »

@ EB, eeeh, pretty much wants to lynch the lurkers and no one else. Follows the town, and it seems like he's more likely to vote for a town-lurker than a scum-active poster. That bugs me.

^ Done from memory. Most likely not accurate. And I'm trying to understand the arguments. No luck yet.

Well, if you agree that farside/Scien arguing is useless...then why are you paying so much mind to it? It's mostly arguing about something that's very small, and

If you say that I've been posting more on my other games, it's because they don't have walls of text that confuse me. Just before you point that out.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

Did my read and I have a few questions to different people.
YJ - seems to be a jokerster of sorts. I don't really get how claiming a role that doesn't exist in the game will promote discussion. I don't care that it's RVS I don't see wagon on someone a real good thing but that's just me. Do you find something wrong with having a discussion so soon?
Maemuki - Why do you want people to wagon you? Seriously going through 1 random vote to another is that your typical play style? Post 35 nikanor was talking about my newbie comment and about me but comes back to say I'm town (this is in regards to your post 35)
EB - Why did you fall into this joke of a band wagon? What was the assurance from maemuki that you talked about in post 25? Please explain what you meant in post 36 to nik. I don't see how nik is calling anyone really scummy. Most people feel that anyone who uses the newbie defense is more likely scum. Do you find this normal? I do want to comment about post 43 and EB's annalysis of scien. As that was my biggest issue with how he presented himself. Enough said on that subject. What about my argument with the OPen queue and the game here is giving you doubts?
Oddin post 56: Again I don't like how he twist the discussion being made as a negative. As zazie points out later that comment can be interputted either way. I feel like this twisting comments like this to be highly scummy.
fuzzyman post 87: This is fuzzy's first post which I don't care for at all. With everything going on and that is the best he comes up with! It just boggles me to no end. Post 94 Where do you see Oddin saying the exchange between me and scien is a lot of nothing? He seems to have made case against me from what I saw. What is your point in post 168?
Zazie: Why are you voting against scien?
Hewitt post 167: This makes no sense. If you find me the scummiest player you should be voting for me at this point. There is no reason to withhold a vote. If a player is the scummies you find why are they not lynch worthy? Do you see anything that fuzzy has done that you would consider scum hunting?

Right now on reread I have to agree with the fact that fuzzy isn't trying to do anything this game. The biggest post he made wasn't that great in my eyes. Oddin for his use in twisting an explaination into something scummy. I typically see scum use this move on others. Putting words in someone's mouth is a bit scum tell for me. YJ is doing even less then fuzzy and yet no one seems to really be calling him on this. Is he typically useless?
I still don't like scien but I can see the hypocrissy comment but I still, still don't like when someone ask questions to me without answering the questions first and then following my reasoning as their own. If makes me feel all sorts of scum vibes.
For now.
unvote:
vote: Oddin
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Scien »

Must... not... respond... so... hard....
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

Scien wrote:Must... not... respond... so... hard....
Is this directed to me? Or is this like saying I'm not going to say a worday a word type thing? Which I typically say "no comment from the peanut gallery".
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Scien »

Yes to the first question.
I don't understand the second question.
And, meh that's fair I guess to the third comment.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

I feel that the Scien point I brought up in 168 was the most important one that you haven't answered. That's why I mentioned it. And to be quite honest, I feel somewhat inclined to go ahead and vote you if you don't care to do so.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by hewitt »

farside22 wrote:Hewitt post 167: This makes no sense. If you find me the scummiest player you should be voting for me at this point. There is no reason to withhold a vote. If a player is the scummies you find why are they not lynch worthy? Do you see anything that fuzzy has done that you would consider scum hunting?
I vote when I feel like I've got a good, accurate assessment that voted player is scum. You probably should've picked up on that during all the theory talk regarding "vote to lynch". And no I do not see fuzzy doing anything that I would consider helpful to me.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Scien wrote:So I guess I want to ask a few questions to the above:
On Maem: Meh. Light RVS banter was amusing but not really productive, since then she's mostly commented on the 'confusing' nature of the scien/farside debate, which strikes me as a little odd: she seems to state both that she doesn't get it and that she's not reading it, asks for summaries and when those are given ignores them. Hopefully she'll start focusing on the other conversations that are emerging. Still resolving a read.

On Hewitt: Not too thrilled so far. Iso shows some interesting patterns: admits his lack of contribution but excuses it based on the s/f walls (though he hadn't participated before those, and they're the only thing he mentions in the first half of his posts). Goes on to 1. Defend not pushing evidence until it's significant (doesn't reply how we should get out of RVS), 2. Defend lack of scumhunting/content as charges that are only 'schoolyard bullying' and indefensible 3. Attempts to overstate/stifle votes, saying we shouldn't cast them until we're serious about a lynch (again a curious statement when combined with his lack of ideas of how to move out of RVS) - generally I find any attempt to tell players not to vote or control when they do to be harmful to town 4. Identifies attempts to prevent lurking as eagerness to lynch townies. Basically he seems more inclined to dismiss investigations and attempts to find evidence than to weed out scum.

@Scien - Very curious that all your questions revolve around me. Any particular reason? What's your read on me so far?
hewitt wrote:Anyways the thing that bothers me the most about ElectricBadger is his insistence about the lurkers. I feel like it's really fake and that the whole anti-lurker/lynch the lurker strategy could very possibly be a scum ploy to get us to lynch lurker town.
Maemuki wrote:@ EB, eeeh, pretty much wants to lynch the lurkers and no one else. Follows the town, and it seems like he's more likely to vote for a town-lurker than a scum-active poster. That bugs me.
The only reason I'd lynch lurkers is if they are intentionally doing so: deliberately posting here only enough not to be booted and not posting anything with content. Do you feel such actions are pro-town, or a scum tell? What effect do you think these players will have on endgame and potential LYLO situations? How do you suggest we address those situations?

You're welcome to disagree with my methods against lurkers, but it would be more helpful if you could provide an alternative more helpful to town.

What're your views on Fuzzy's admission of deliberate lurking in his post 7:
Fuzzyman wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote: I did address one comment to Fuzzy, who posted several times on D1 but ignored this thread (see his profile/recent posts). He hasn't responded why he did so, so I'm left to assume he WAS lurking.
I prefer the term "minimally neccesitated to speak".
Players that simply aren't posting just need to be replaced, not lynched, which I'd rather do sooner than later.
farside22 wrote:EB - Why did you fall into this joke of a band wagon?1 What was the assurance from maemuki that you talked about in post 25?2 Please explain what you meant in post 36 to nik.3 I don't see how nik is calling anyone really scummy. Most people feel that anyone who uses the newbie defense is more likely scum. Do you find this normal?4
Quite the barrage of questions, and of all things about my RVS votes, not my later ones with real content. Why are you playing so aggressively on weak tells this game?

1. I assume you mean the Maem wagon? RVS. Bandwagons in RVS are fun. I was curious if Maem was bluffing; calling a bandwagon on herself seemed more likely to be scum preemptively dismissing any RVS votes as comical than town trying to get reads on people. It was also some pleasant joking. The exchange lacked any tells so I moved my vote.
2. Post 21: it was a joking response to her assurance that her cookie was scum free and wouldn't kill me in the night.
3. Very curious question, as you commented previously - when I first directed you to it - that you then understood my reasoning for voting him because of it. Why the return to the statement, then? But to answer: he said he'd vote you (implying you're suspicious) except that you weren't doing anything suspicious. I took it as an attempt to instill doubt without presenting a case, which is anti-town.
4. The only place I can recall running into the newbie defense is newbie games, and I never really tallied whether it was used by scum more often than town. Had you tried to dismiss a slip with it, yeah, probably would have been scummy: but you didn't, which made a derisive comment about it sound like stretching to me.

Also, YJ is being prodded and probably replaced (since he hasn't responded yet). I'd call him on it, but no use talking to an empty chair.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by hewitt »

ElectricBadger wrote:The only reason I'd lynch lurkers is if they are intentionally doing so: deliberately posting here only enough not to be booted and not posting anything with content. Do you feel such actions are pro-town, or a scum tell? What effect do you think these players will have on endgame and potential LYLO situations? How do you suggest we address those situations?
I don't think the lurkers are acting pro-town at all by not contributing but I don't really think it's a scumtell in D1. I'm much more focused about today and lynching scum today than any potential LYLO situation because we're not even close to being ready for that yet.

My goal today is to seek out who I feel is most likely to be scum based mainly on who I believe is manipulating the rest of the town.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Wulfy »

Nikanor wrote:
Scien wrote:Nikanor - He seemed to actively look outside of the me vs Farside, and seems to have found an early connection between EB and Maemuki.
You call that negative?
I'm currently catching up in other games. After that, I'll catch up in this one.

Dont make me poke you >.> ~ Hayl
This was a rather quick response. 6 minutes later, and you're here to defend the most recent statement about you. Hm... you also say you have other games to catch up on. I can understand wanting to answer a prod, but picking it up, and then systematically making big posts in each game seems more effective than this nit pick. I think this is a case of active lurking rather than someone who is merely behind. I think you are behind because you want to be.
Maemuki wrote:@ EB, eeeh, pretty much wants to lynch the lurkers and no one else. Follows the town, and it seems like he's more likely to vote for a town-lurker than a scum-active poster. That bugs me.

^ Done from memory. Most likely not accurate. And I'm trying to understand the arguments. No luck yet.

Well, if you agree that farside/Scien arguing is useless...then why are you paying so much mind to it? It's mostly arguing about something that's very small, and

If you say that I've been posting more on my other games, it's because they don't have walls of text that confuse me. Just before you point that out.
Reread and try again.
Scien wrote:Must... not... respond... so... hard....
This is scummy. I realize you returned and answered Farside already, but how about you try again by doing this: explain what you think of Farside's questions. Someone else, in answering yours, noted potential manipulation in your question phrasing. Do you see anything similar or anything of worthy note in Farside's questions? More importantly, could you clarify (with complete sentence that include parts of the question [/teacher-esque-ness]) your statements in post 214?
Fuzzyman wrote:I feel that the Scien point I brought up in 168 was the most important one that you haven't answered. That's why I mentioned it. And to be quite honest, I feel somewhat inclined to go ahead and vote you if you don't care to do so.
I realize this isn't directed at me, but I would like you to restate and possibly rephrase the question. Do the latter only if it needs to be updated to the current state of affairs in the game.
hewitt wrote:
farside22 wrote:Hewitt post 167: This makes no sense. If you find me the scummiest player you should be voting for me at this point. There is no reason to withhold a vote. If a player is the scummies you find why are they not lynch worthy? Do you see anything that fuzzy has done that you would consider scum hunting?
I vote when I feel like I've got a good, accurate assessment that voted player is scum. You probably should've picked up on that during all the theory talk regarding "vote to lynch". And no I do not see fuzzy doing anything that I would consider helpful to me.
So, you're saying you are always afraid to have a vote trail on you? I think that for the purposes of allowing players to do vote analysis in the late game that voting who you find to be scummiest (without lynching unless they fit the reason you described above) is a good thing and gives a nice, simple read of your train of thought. Hm... that is more null though. I guess a better question is how scummy do you think farside is then? What exactly pushed her in that direction so that the rest of the town can have that to view? If you wish to keep it personal, be my guess, but I fail to see how starting discussion in this manner would be detrimental.
w:l:d
2:3:0
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by hewitt »

Wulfy wrote:So, you're saying you are always afraid to have a vote trail on you? I think that for the purposes of allowing players to do vote analysis in the late game that voting who you find to be scummiest (without lynching unless they fit the reason you described above) is a good thing and gives a nice, simple read of your train of thought. Hm... that is more null though. I guess a better question is how scummy do you think farside is then? What exactly pushed her in that direction so that the rest of the town can have that to view? If you wish to keep it personal, be my guess, but I fail to see how starting discussion in this manner would be detrimental.
What the fuck are you talking about with being afraid of a vote trail? That's quite possibly one of the biggest twisting of my words I've seen in a while. I made it clear that I cast my vote with the intent to lynch because that's when I deem it appropriate.

farside worries me a little bit because I think she's very smart and knows the game through and through and can talk her way out of any situation. Everything she says makes me a little nervous.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Waiting until it's critical to have a read on them is kind of the problem, though. The first couple days are important later, when we can read their comments towards known townies and scum.

Combined with your other comments, "manipulating the rest of town" sounds suspiciously like "voting and investigating". Could you explain the difference?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Wulfy wrote:I think you are behind because you want to be.
Even though I'm reading through another game right now, I have an open tab with my watched topics. I hit refresh on that tab at least once every five minutes, meaning it takes me forever to read anything.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by hewitt »

ElectricBadger wrote:Waiting until it's critical to have a read on them is kind of the problem, though. The first couple days are important later, when we can read their comments towards known townies and scum.

Combined with your other comments, "manipulating the rest of town" sounds suspiciously like "voting and investigating". Could you explain the difference?
I'm not sure at all what you're insinuating but with manipulating the rest of town I'm talking about making and pushing weak cases on players then sitting back and letting others do the dirty work for them. Sort of like the puppet master.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Wulfy wrote:
Fuzzyman wrote:I feel that the Scien point I brought up in 168 was the most important one that you haven't answered. That's why I mentioned it. And to be quite honest, I feel somewhat inclined to go ahead and vote you if you don't care to do so.
I realize this isn't directed at me, but I would like you to restate and possibly rephrase the question. Do the latter only if it needs to be updated to the current state of affairs in the game.
There's not as much a question as me trying to call farside out on selectively answering questions during the Scien/Farside debate.

Return to “Completed Open Games”