Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Neo-con John »

Hello All

Played once before, really excited to play again. It was a random vote game I played on here and that setup led to a lot of quick deaths and rash decisions. I like the idea of asking questions as it seems like it will get everyone a bit more engaged. It just seems like a more sophisticated way to play which I would imagine is why the deadline is set for 20 days!
tracker wrote: Neo-con John: What is your opinion on lurkers(ing)?
I don't really see how someone could have a positive opinion on lurking, I definitely see it as bad behavior. The more people talk the better it is for the game and the less people talk the more likely we are to make a bad decision as a whole. I plan to talk... a lot, so count on seeing plenty of me.
tracker wrote: And one final question for everyone: What is your view on No-Lynching? Is their ever a time where No-Lynching would be better than a lynch?
I do not have any experience with a no-lynch so I can only follow the wisdom of my fellow players who seem to agree that a no-lynch actually only favors scum. The argument makes sense as even a bad lynch provides information on others motivations where as a no-lynch gives the town nothing.
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Neo-con John »

I do not understand. What is it about games with a no lynch rule that makes them more interesting?
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Neo-con John »

Sorry for not participating, long weekend.

So from what I gather so far there have been small fingers of suspicion cast at RPG and PE, a very small finger pointed at Gayle, and what I would describe as a strong finger being pointed at tracker which has actually resulted in a vote. That is 4 out of 9 players that have been accused in some fashion, and I like to think that the group cannot be dead wrong on all four, meaning we have a fairly good chance that at least one of those listed is actually scum.

Now I may have missed something, please tell me if so. I have prepared the following summation of suspicions so far:

Commie X accuses tracker in PS#20 about the questions asked

RPG accuses Gayle in PS#21 for his answer to the no-lynch question, though it later appears resolved in PS#25

RPG accuses tracker in PS#29 for his position on lynching lurkers

RPG accuses PE of possibly trying to "protect" tracker in PS#33

Gayle puts the names of RPG and tracker in bold letters in PS#35 questioning RPG's suspicions and had the following to say about tracker
He asks about the everyone's opinion on allowing a no lynch, but does not give his own until everyone else has given theirs. Then he goes out of his way to explain why a no lynch may be feasible.

He establishes that he is scatterbrained and doesn't have the best memory. A good excuse for a mistake later in the game.

He questions twilight's use of the word agenda, as if he thought twilight was accusing him.

He first advocates lynching lurkers as a policy, and then waters it down a bit with 'if i believe someone to be scum then they're lynch candidate #1'.
A strong case indeed.

Overall I am unable to figure out RPG, he is throwing accusations around a bit too much, though this could just be evidence of an aggressive towns person.

Gayle seems to have cleaned up any problems folks were having with his position on no-lynch, his case agianst tracker seems solid.

I completely agree that it looked like PE was trying to protect tracker from RPG's questioning which was pretty harsh, perhaps RPG was onto something? Nothing else PE has done seems scummy though so that doesn't add up right now.

Tracker seems very suspicious to me. From the beginning I saw the questions as good for the game but also as really good for tracker as it provides a great cover for scum. He gives the appearance of being pro-town while at the same time collecting valuable information on all of us and maybe even dividing us amongst ourselves. His second line of questions looked to me like someone trying to divert our attention away from the RPG/PE fiasco in PS# 29-33. The questions themselves just seem weak and quickly put together, What is your favorite role?, C'mon. I am not quite quite ready to vote but I am

Seriously considering:tracker
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Neo-con John »

PE-I meant the questioning was harsh. I also was agreeing with RPG that it seemed as though you were trying to remove the attention on tracker, who... if scum, is a scummy move on your part as in this scenario you would be his scum partner.

So I would like to ask you, Paltry Excuse, what do you think of tracker and why did you get in the way of RPG's questions?
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Neo-con John »

^ Agreed
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Neo-con John »

imkingdavid wrote:
RPG wrote:I still have that game on my watched topics, and I re-read all of what I wrote. I got prodded, had short sentences,
didn't even talk to my scum-buddy (who got killed in D1, which I wasn't entirely active on.) Which, if you'll see, is exactly how I'm not playing now.
So are you admitting to talking to your scum buddy this time around?
This is an interesting piece of evidence here. I understand that this could have been an innocent unintentional use of words but it also could be a Freudian slip. If so it suggests that

(1)RPG is scum;
(2)RPG's scumpartner is one of the people he has not interacted with yet.

Ill do the research later on who RPG has and has not ben in contact with, unless someone else would like to. :wink:

If true, it would mean that tracker is not scum as he and RPG have communicated with each other, or a deeper unrelated ruse could be at work. Perhaps RPG's scum strategy is to strongly accuse his partner right off the bat in order to throw the rest of us off.

Admittedly I am speaking from a position that is already highly critical of tracker so I do not know how objective this actually is, but I do believe this new piece of evidence is something worth looking at. Though I am not even really completely sold on the idea that RPG is scum. Like I said it could just be a misuse of words.
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Neo-con John »

I am not at all surprised that PE has voted me as he is one of the few people I have accused, and from what I understand some people make judgments in this game,just as in real life, based on personal feelings and not necessarily on facts, which isn't always even a bad thing. It is interesting that you would react with a straight vote though.

I apologize for my post count I will start posting more. PE claims my posts are not substantial enough and that I only reiterate points made by others. This is partly true, though I would argue that summary
is
analysis as it allows people to
analyze
the events of the game in a condensed fashion and thorough another persons perspective. That is really what I was trying to provide was perspective, which I feel is a major part of this game.

At this point I am at an impasse. My strongest suspicion is on tracker though with the amount of votes on him already I am hesitant to put one through. Anyone want to discuss this? If there is a scumwagon on tracker that would suggest that TF, Commie X, or RPG are scum. In another possibility, perhaps the wisdom of the crowd is correct. Maybe those three are all honest townsfolk who are right to vote tracker because he (as I agree) has been acting real scummy.

In any case I apologize for my lack of posts. I will read the game over again and try to post something else tomorrow.
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Neo-con John »

Holy cow, tracker's most substantial and heartfelt post is directed at one of the people most critical of him.

Cough.. scumtell.. cough.

Not only this but his accusation doesn't come in Post #119 where he posts his initial "findings" about me, but it comes 20 posts later after the finger of suspicion has already been pointed, (by his reputed partner in crime PE by the way). Talk about scum.

I hate to vote on provocation but I will not allow this scumbuggery to continue. There are currently
THREE
votes against you, which was the cause of my concern, and now there are four. Did you lie about the vote count on purpose or has your time in the underworld affected your ability to count?

I have seen all I need to convince me of your true identity.

Vote: tracker

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”