Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Looker »

Hmm...should I give much thought to the both of you saying the exact same thing (as me)? Well, I'm guessing not if DRK is lynched. Archaebob, I'm just waiting for your vote. [Not rushing]
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:30 am

Post by Kreriov »

I guess I sort of extended the deadline to 11pm on Tuesday. It seems most of you have time to log in during evening hours. If I am unable to log on and lock the thread at 11pm on Tuesday, that is still the deadline. Any votes made after that time will not be considered.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:16 am

Post by don_johnson »

seem to be running out of time. i'm not going to try page by page analysis at this point, but rather a combination read/skim to the best i can.

raskol: i pointed out the reasons i am voting drk in my past posts. if you iso me you should be able to find them. its not a terribly strong case, but its day 1 and his posting stuck out the most to me. i will take a look at CA in iso. i don't think they can be scum together so i think either is a good candidate for day 1 and the wagons should be be telling. anyone not on a wagon by the end of the day should also be investigated thoroughly. not voting is anti-town, even if the lynch carries on a majority. wagons will provide less information.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:52 am

Post by archaebob »

vote looker
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:37 am

Post by don_johnson »

post 313 supports the case against drk. his response to zazie's questioning as to why he didn't further question shrine's scumslip was basically castrating his own strategy. there is only reason to do so if you are under intense pressure or are trying to avoid looking suspicious.

319 does not clear up the scum slip AT ALL.

case against brothernature is bs. i am not going to defend his style, but asking someone "how is posting random shit and distracting the town a scum-tell" hugely discredits the statement which is explanatory in itself. it sounds like something an annoying four year old asks a parent. "how is talking back disrespectful?"

because it is. next question.

326: drk jumps the already silly wagon with no new input.

zaz's contribution is looking town as she seems to be thinking along the same lines as i read all of your responses. wierd.

350 explains the camping of the vote, unfortunately there is nothing i can do about that. bn's responses were indeed poor when zaz shines the light.

still disagree that the "behavior" is scummy. answers poor, but observations are not. whatever.
hotzazie wrote:However, waiting is better in general.
^^ somewhat contradicts the case on bn, who is "waiting".

sanjay is looking worse with each post. maybe i missed confid's "decent defense".
confid wrote:Yes, but I was too lazy to take back my post.
^^ AtE
confid wrote:I generally see Appeal To Emotion as a scumtell.
interesting.

384 supports the "opposite alignemnt" theory of confid and drk. i think lynching between the two is a good idea. i find myself agreeing with confid's reasoning here and i don't have meta on him to see if this game is his usual posting style, which he claimed as his defense for his "lurking". i guess it could be "bussing", but i doubt it. however, that's just gut talkin'.
confid wrote:I know I'm sounding hypocritical here, but I have since made an effort to start contributing more. He really hasn't.
more AtE.

387 drk lies and wifom's it up.

"overreacting" seems to be getting pushed on drk here when it seems that all he actually
is
doing is reacting.
confid wrote:Yes, I'm stretching the issue because the reaction you gave me when I first brought up the point was very defensive, and you continue to overreact.
oh. there's the omgus accusation.

407 = good point.

halfway there. (18)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Sanjay »

don_johnson, seriously. Write up a case on someone.

This is not a case. This is noise.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:10 am

Post by don_johnson »

ik replaces out while camping his vote for the poorest of reasons.

503 is an excellent question.

interesting interpretation of drk/ca is that it is town vs. town. zaz, any reasoning behind this?
zazie wrote:-His vote against Nook was bad, because he stated it was for pressure.
By stating it was for pressure, it loses the purpose of pressuring,
giving me the impression it's fake.

i personally agree with the bolded, however, i have had many discussions in many games as to its truth. players come down on both sides of the fence.

522 is a bit lacklustre compared to all of your previous content.

526 is better, but still open ended.

bigbear is making little sense at this point.

539 lol.

oh wow. i'm caught up.

drk
ca
bigbear
ik
shrine

happy with this lynch pool.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:12 am

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop:

forgot ik replaced. change him with sanjay. KoC has done weller. :)
sanjay is a bit all over the place and seems to ask an abundance of silly questions. but whatever, drk/ca is my top choices and i'd put big bear third.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Raskol »

don: It's really not either necessary or helpful to post a summary of the entire game as you read it. We're capable of reading and don't need you to tell us what happened.

If you just read the thread all at once and then post your opinions, you'll avoid repeating yourself, catch up faster, and be better able to stick to relevant information. Just my 2 cents.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Raskol »

Just noticed we haven't had a post from ZazieR in over a week, though he's active in other threads.

Vote: Zazier

Hopefully a bandwagon will give him some incentive to post.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:57 am

Post by don_johnson »

Raskol wrote:don: It's really not either necessary or helpful to post a summary of the entire game as you read it. We're capable of reading and don't need you to tell us what happened.

If you just read the thread all at once and then post your opinions, you'll avoid repeating yourself, catch up faster, and be better able to stick to relevant information. Just my 2 cents.
i base my catch up on the game. i've replaced before without even rereading. my player slot was under scrutiny(at L-2, i think) so it certainly wrranted some sincere catch up from me. i don't like the fact that you refer to my analysis as "summary". i infused my thoughts into most everything i commented on.

zazie is a tough read. if she's scum then she's really good. as much as i would like her to move her vote where it will be useful, i don't think voting at this stage away from the prominent wagons is going to benefit town. just my two cents. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Raskol »

don_johnson wrote:i don't think voting at this stage away from the prominent wagons is going to benefit town. just my two cents. :)
Why not? You can always move it back if it doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

Besides, all that is irrelevant if we can make ZazieR a prominent bandwagon in his own right.

votevotevote for ZazieR, all of you.

Either that or get the guy replaced (get on the ball with prods mod, Oct 29th was a long time ago :P)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

whatever. do you think zaz is scum? if so, why?

and yes, you can move your vote back, but how do we know you will? if you don't think zaz is scum, then wouldn't simply asking her to post be enough?

do what you want, but if i am to move my vote anywhere i need more convincing.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Raskol »

Oh, and for anyone saying ZazieR has an excuse (the "La for school" in the signature)---check his activity in his other games. He has 25 onsite posts
today alone
. If that guy's V/La then I'm a flying raccoon.

So basically---ACTIVE LURKER OMG OMG LYNCHLYNCHLYNCHLYNCHLYNCH
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Raskol »

Why do I think he's scum? (note the gender icon---the Z lists itself as male)

See above post. /end case.

Anything else would be hard to find, as the essence of ZazieR's playstyle is essentially "spam so much useless crap that it's impossible to pick anything out from all the noise". I'll look through as much of an isoread as I can stand without gouging my eyes out, though.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:12 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Furry wrote: DRK should claim at this time tomorrow if we havent heard anything about the deadline. I still think he is town, but regardless of what role he is, late day moving will occur after a claim. I would rather us have time to at least analyze a bit before going to deadline.
I'd prefer not to until either KoC or BB responds because I feel a claim would give them a bit of an easy way out (after a claim, they have perfectly legitimate reasoning for falling on one side of the fence or the other). If one other person not on my wagon agrees though, I'll claim tonight.
DJ wrote:i don't think they can be scum together
DJ wrote:drk
ca
bigbear
ik
shrine
How strongly do you feel that one of us has to be scum?

@archaebob
Why Looker?
DJ wrote:387 drk lies
Where?

@Raskol
It's all well and good to pressure lurkers, but with the deadline looming, lurker-voting isn't getting us anywhere. If you want Zazie lynched, that's different, but if not, a more wagon-relevant vote would be more useful, especially when we're already discussing whether or not I should be claiming.

I just clicked preview and I saw your most recent post. Twenty-five posts. Wow. Then again, I have trouble calling Zazie an active lurker when he was one of the biggest contributors earlier.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Raskol »

Secondary reasons---the fight between CA and DRK is probably town on town. It seems genuine on both sides.

The other bandwagon is you, and I'm reading town on you too.

Hence, ZazieR. Avoiding a certain game is a pretty good scumtell on players like that, I've found.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Raskol »

Oh, and DRK---I do want ZazieR lynched. Very much so. I am talking about switching my vote back only on the chance that I can't push his wagon to a hammer.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Raskol »

Okay, here's a quick and dirty meta case on ZazieR, taking points from his wiki page. The purpose is to show that Zazie has a history of lurking in order to take advantage of townie infighting:
ZazieR's wiki wrote: * Open 102 modded by Neko with a scum win
* Role: Scum lover
* I was this time Roflcopter (Rofl)'s lover, which was quite irronic as both of us were rivals in love for Korts at that time :D He has no rival at this point though.
Anyway, apparently, me and Rofl made a total of 7 posts. And we won. We only had to watch town destroy eachother
, as a failed gambit had seperated town into two groups. And during day 2, we only had to quickhammer. There was only one game in which I had to do less than in this game :D.
ZazieR's wiki wrote: * Mini 672 modded by LG with a scum win
* Role: Mafia goon
* One of the games which I like looking back to. Great player list, and easy victory for my team.
As scum team didn't do much, I can't say anything about my play. We were just watching how town was destroying each other.
There was only one player who was right, and had even each scum pegged. Luckily, town didn't pay much attention to her.
This is how Zazie has gotten two of his three scum wins. Meanwhile, there's little evidence that he ever avoids games like this as town.

Theory of the game atm:

DRK and CA are probably both town. ZazieR has parked his vote on a relatively safe person that at the time did not look likely to be lynched, allowing him to avoid being seen on a townie wagon. In the meantime, he's sitting around waiting for the townies to destroy each other. He hasn't been prodded so he's not worried about getting replaced out yet, and since no one has called him out on his lurking, he's probably feeling pretty good about his phony "limited access".

Those are as good or (in my mind) better than any of the cases I've seen on DRK or CA. On top of that, though, we've got policy to consider. Even those who might not agree with my town reads on CA and DRK will have to admit that they've both been solid contributors of content by this game's standards. They're both people I want alive if they're town.

Z, on the other hand, alternates between noisy information-free spamming and selective, active lurking. Best lynch ever.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Sanjay »

Here's my opinions on the big three wagon candidates:

DeathRowKitty: I have a town read on him. He's an active player. I'm opposed to his lynch.
ConfidAnon: I have a bunch of reasons why I think ConfidAnon's play is scummy but my gut read on him is neutral.
Unvote

don_johnson: I thought brothernature was acting a bit like lurkerscum and don_johnson could have caught up in a much more pro-town manner, but I can't say I'm enthusiastic about this wagon either.

So I agree with what Raskol is doing in so far as looking at other wagons. I'm gonna look more at ZazieR's posts and see if anything sticks out to me.

If you feel really strongly about your wagon, I feel pretty easily persuadable right now! Persuade away!

archaebob, this isn't the time to play close to the chest. If you've got a reason to vote Looker please do share it.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Sanjay »

Mod: that unvote in my last post might have been a little hard to see. Sorry about that.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:36 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, I read through Zazie's wiki page and Raskol definitely has an interesting point. I wouldn't be against a Zazie lynch, but I'd still prefer a CA lynch. Unfortunately, that's not looking very likely at the moment.

I never got a scummy read from Zazie's posts themselves though. At various points, I had either a pro-town or neutral read on Zazie. I'll iso him now.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Raskol »

[persuade]

Vote for ZazieR.

[/persuade]
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:42 am

Post by archaebob »

Sanjay wrote: archaebob, this isn't the time to play close to the chest. If you've got a reason to vote Looker please do share it.
looker wrote: Archaebob, I'm just waiting for your vote.
I was just being silly.

unvote

All I know right now is that I strongly disagree with lynching DRK. In general, the whole DRK vs. CA thing reeks of town on town. I'd have been willing to lynch brothernature on policy, but he's been replaced with someone who's at least trying to be active, and I haven't seen anything that's actually scummy from him.

I don't have that great a feel for this game yet though. I've only read all the way through once, and it hasn't been adequate. Right now, I'm going through super methodically, doing PBPA's of pretty much every player at the same time. I'm about half way through, and am not sure when I'll be done atm.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Furry »

DRK needs to claim soon. As of now we have just over 72 hours untill deadline, and there is a good chance I wont even be able to post the day of deadline so would like some extra time here.

I dont like a zazie wagon too much at this point. Zazie lurking is a town tell to me. Everytime ive seen him get lynched for it he was town.

We need to start orginizing a deadline lynch at this point. Yes I know how crude that sounds but its true.
Temporary unretired alt

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”