Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Bwian »

Jase wrote:
Bwian wrote:
Netopalis wrote:I'll make a post in a bit, I need to get caught up. Although I can say right now, Bwian, you can't expect to hold me liable for The Bean Burrito's lack of a vote Day 1. It was due to inactivity and was before I was replaced. Had I been here, I would have been supporting a lynch.
Why should bronco be held liable for the actions of your predecessor?

Since you are the same role card with your predecessor we are going to associate you with him. I havn't said you personally didn't vote, but the lack of vote wasn't on bronco but the one who held your role card.
I might agree with you here, but the lack of vote was almost certainly due to lack of activity.
The actual lack of vote is a problem that belongs to the past.

What I'm reacting to is that Netopalis was trying to use the lack of vote as an argument against broncofaninmd, on false grounds. It was TBB who didn't vote.
If I'm not back in five just wait longer.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Bwian »

Jase wrote:And Finally...

Confirm Vote: Sposh

He's changing his opinion over and over without contributing much, if at all.
The current situation calls for a change of vote.

Vote Sposh
, see 313 for motivation.

Haylen, you're not in the clear and I'm looking forward to your promised post tomorrow.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Jase »

Neto: Oh, I see where now. You did so rather quietly. Though your first suggestion on who to lynch was, well, weak reasoned as hell. "He's up for replacement so maybe we should lynch him"? Why in the hell would you not simply pursue other cases while waiting?
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Jase »

I think 313 is the wrong post. In 313 Neto says he has a null read on sposh.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Netopalis »

If you notice, bronco posted after me asking why I had a problem with him being around...From the looks of things, I expected him to actively lurk his way through the rest of the game.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Bwian »

Haylen 384 wrote:This is how I play as scum: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0
Bwian 366 wrote:However I do not approve of comparing a persons play with how the played another game. It's not fair to the player and mostly it's not fair to the rest of us. All communication should be kept in this thread.
I beg you to grant this wish of mine. I don't think it is in the spirit of the game to compare with others games past or present. And the rules kind of imply this game should fully take place in this thread.
Mod wrote:Please keep all conversation within the thread unless your role PM specifies otherwise. If I find out that chatting is going on outside of the thread, you will be mod-killed.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Bwian »

Jase wrote:I think 313 is the wrong post. In 313 Neto says he has a null read on sposh.
Ooops! I ment 336. I dislike how Sposh seems to be voting almost at random but more often at whoever could be about to be lynched.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Jase »

Netopalis wrote:If you notice, bronco posted after me asking why I had a problem with him being around...From the looks of things, I expected him to actively lurk his way through the rest of the game.
You said that he was up for replacement. Leading me to believe that you expected him to be replaced.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Jase »

Bwian wrote:
Jase wrote:I think 313 is the wrong post. In 313 Neto says he has a null read on sposh.
Ooops! I ment 336. I dislike how Sposh seems to be voting almost at random but more often at whoever could be about to be lynched.
Ah. I agree, pretty wholeheartedly actually.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Netopalis »

If he had been replaced, I would have appreciated that...And he was later. I'm not sure exactly where you're going with this.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #7 of Day 2

Haylen (3) <-~ MichelSableheart, Netopalis, Sposh
Sposh (3) <-~ Jase, Haylen, Bwian

Not voting (2) <-~ Nachomamma8, Vel-Rahn Koon

With 8 alive, 5 will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Jase »

Netopalis wrote:If he had been replaced, I would have appreciated that...And he was later. I'm not sure exactly where you're going with this.
You said he was up for replacement, yes? In the same post that you suggested lynching him, correct? Why if you thought he would be replaced would you suggest lynching him, especially after you'd been waiting for him to be replaced?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Netopalis »

If he wasn't replaced, I would advocate lynching him. He was replaced, so I'm not advocating it anymore. I apologize for any confusion.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Ok. I haven't read any of page 17, but this is what I have through 15 and part of 16. I am going in alphabetical order based on the beginning of the game, and I'm going to summarize from my notes:

Jase

I get a noobish vibe from Jase with posts like post 50. I don't like the way he played a bit of follow the leader (post 62 was parroting Michel's point against Nacho from post 15). Post 63 he says 3 votes is too many for day 1 - completely bad logic, but not scummy. Again, this is noobish behavior. 85 is a good rebuttal to Nacho's post 83, but the wishy washy fence-sitting at the end of the post with the FoS doesn't sit well with me.

At the end of the day he stated that he would be willing to switch to obtain a lynch, which shows that he does have a grasp of some of the theory behind the game, so that tends to call into question the "noob" vibe I got from some of his earlier work.

MichelSableheart

I'm getting Town vibes from Michel. Although the posting has been sparse, what I have seen is logical and sound. His "scumlist" in 192 jives with his voting pattern for Day 1. The lack of posting is a concern, since as the most experienced player it's easier for him to correct for this if need be.

Another concern was post 43, where he voted Sposh for anti-town behavior. Anti-town =/= scum, and Michel should know this. However, I've seen a lot of this IIRC (especially day 2) so I'm not too worried about it since it wasn't a repeating pattern.

Nachomamma8

Jesus Christ, where do I start. First off, your grasp of basic Mafia theory is so far off from what is the norm on this site that I don't want you applying for IC status - I'll just flat-out deny it. At times, you have been extremely anti-Town in your posts, especially that "I dare you to lynch me" bullshit.

Having said that, I can really only find a few glaring issues, despite the propensity for the copious amount of posting. Posts 17 and 21 are waaaayyyy over the top - far too aggressive and "attitude-y" for the post Michel made in 15 that elicited the response. The other point is Nacho's defense of using bad logic (ie: strawman arguments specifically, post 166) as a viable means of playing the game. If Nacho is Town, he's doing a great job of helping the scum team cruise to an easy victory.

Sposh

Lots of scumtells - why is Sposh still alive?

A good deal of joking around during the beginning of the game. Once he decides to actually play, we have Parroting (107) without providing new information, Appeals to Emotion (118), and my favorite (176), wanting to lynch Jase with no reason, but the entire post talks about Bronco and Jase had not been brought up before this.

187, he defends against TehStefan's 183. If Teh is on a whole different level, from Bronco, why did Teh not get talked about?

252, he has the nerve to say that he used the same logic Haylen espoused in 251 for why he didn't vote on Day 1, and then VOTES HER FOR IT!?!? WTF!!!!! The missing the deadline when he was on 4h before the deadline plus the comment from 312 where there are no obvious town players but he decides that we should lynch Nacho or Haylen, with no further reasoning, puts the nail in the coffin for me.

Vote: Sposh

Haylen (replaced StarOfTheShow after 126)

Atrocious play from both of them. Star was so noob it wasn't even funny, and her lack of posting makes it so much worse because there was no way to get a handle on her alignment. Although her Appeal to Emotion in 65/66 makes the decision easier.

Haylen, who ought to know better, has dropped votes with no reason (188), continued her predecessor's lurking, and managed to unvote
24 hours before deadline to prevent a quicklynch
. Seriously? You're trying to prevent a quicklynch after 20 RL days and 11 pages? What kind of crap is this?

I don't like the reverse Appeal to Authority she throws at Michel in 251, nor do I like the explanation of not being part of a lynch she didn't believe in. That close to deadline you secure a lynch, which you've played enough to know better. That line of reasoning sucks. She would have preferred to lynch Michel on Day 1 (283), but there was exactly ZERO posts about Michel from her. How do you have a top suspect you didn't bother to talk about? My opinion is that 283 is reinforcing her push against Michel from 251, which was a weak bunch of crap anyway that needed reinforcing.

Let's top it all off with the double whammy Appeal to Emotion and Appeal to Authority in post 328.

If I could vote twice, Halen would be my 2nd vote.

FoS: Haylen

Netopalis (replaced TheBeanBurrito after 286)

Gah, I'm so glad Burrito is no longer in this game. Captain Anti-Town. Refusing to participate, nothing to add, suspicions with no logic behind it. Just absolutely horrible, horrible, horrible play. If a Day 1 lynch was going to occur, there should have been NO QUESTION as to whether TBB or Nacho should have been lynched. Keeping TBB around for Day 2 was the worst thing this Town has done so far.

After Neto's summary post in 313, I don't have much else. Sposh is null (seriously!?!?!?), which I don't see at all, so if Sposh does get lynched and flips scum, I'd sure as hell go after Neto the next day for this. After that there's "I'm waiting to see what happens". Since there was no vote in 313, I take this as fence-sitting, which is a decidedly scum trait. Scum sit around and wait to see what's going to happen so they know which direction to drive a wagon. Town gives their opinion and is proactive.

Bwian (replaced Tehstefan after 214)

Tehstefan pretty much made himself pro-town in my eyes with posts 28 and 33. By themselves, they're scumtells IMO. YOU DO NOT ANSWER FOR SOMEONE ELSE. You let them answer for themselves. This could be seen as coaching or defending a partner. By themselves, the posts are scummy, but then you realize that there are only two scum, and if Teh was scum he wouldn't be defending two other partners, he'd only be defending one.

Bwian's play is full of newbie-ness. Votes Nacho for anti-town behavior in 218, but again anti-town is not necessarily = to scum. Also, it is NOT good town play to discuss the NK (311). It just leads to WIFOM and won't get you anything but wasted time. Your concept of Straw Man is incorrect as you demostrate it in 311. I suggest you read the wiki Theory section.

That's all I've got. Please realize that I did this over the course of 36 hours and 3 sessions at the computer. If I missed something, got something wrong, etc. don't jump down my throat. Point out my error and I'll re-evaluate my notes and my scumlist, if necessary.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I need to read up on the last page or so, and I need to formulate questions for people, but I'm all done for tonight.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Jase »

Netopalis wrote:If he wasn't replaced, I would advocate lynching him. He was replaced, so I'm not advocating it anymore. I apologize for any confusion.
Ok, but then what was your logic for wanting to lynch him so close to his replacement?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Netopalis »

See, here's the thing....A lot of people criticized me for saying he WAS going to be replaced and that we should wait. Now you're criticizing me for not pushing to lynch him right there. I really do lose either way. I apologize for the confusion, but I really have nothing further to say on this point. I feel that we've batted it around to death. If you find me scummy for it, then you find me scummy for it. I'm not going to repeat myself a 6th time.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Haylen »

Vel, I don't NEED to be told my play is atroscious. I already KNOW. And I'm going to be taking steps to improve me town play. There were other people who could have hammered at deadline, I just chose not.

Emotional appeal? I'm an emotional player, I put a lot of emotion into my games. My current emotion is extreme angry at being told I basically suck at mafia.

I probably shouldn't post more until I'm less angry.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Haylen: Relax for a bit....Two things: First, there's more to life than Mafia and second, you're really not that bad, it's just that we can't evaluate plays based on player experience. Don't consider it an insult...it's just that the sort of examination you were advocating leads to some pretty serious WIFOM. We may still lynch you, but it really shouldn't reflect on you as a person, OK?

Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by Bwian »

Sposh: What do you think of Netopalis?

Netopalis: What do you think of Sposh?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Netopalis »

His posts since my original one have pushed him more towards the scummy side, but I still don't think he's as scummy as a lot of other players. I think his play is best evaluated as newbie, not necessarily as scum.

Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Bwian »

Vel-Rahn Koon: I find your analysis well thought through and most of it makes sense. One thing doesn't make sense to me and maybe you could explain it more in detail.
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Bwian's play is full of newbie-ness. Votes Nacho for anti-town behavior in 218, but again anti-town is not necessarily = to scum.
I havn't made a secret out of this being my first game and I am indeed a newbie, but I fail to see why my vote in 218 is an act of newbieness.

Reading about Nachomamma8 from post 133 and forward my vote was preceded by a confirmed townie and Jase suspecting Nacho, Haylen voting Nacho, MichelSableHeart suspecting him and a confirmed townie voting for a Nacho lynch.

If the vote in 218 was an act of a newbie you should have tried to associate my vote with following the flow, peer pressure or something.

I still stand by that vote. It was day one, he was acting strange and I would have liked to flip his role card. Allow me to borrow a few words that express it quite well. "If Nacho is Town, he's doing a great job of helping the scum team cruise to an easy victory."
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Bwian »

Netopalis: Why is it you don't want to put Sposh under pressure?
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Bwian »

Sposh: You've suspected and/or voted for almost everyone but TBB/Netopalis but yet I can't remember you ever calling him pro-town either. It's as if you're avoiding the subject.

There are three persons who I currently find more suspicious than the rest and I've been looking a little extra at. It is not only but from what I read somewhat of a consensus about these three names. It is confirmed by the current votes and recent questioning.

Examining Sposh, Haylen and Netopalis I drew a sociogram with the three of them. I'm going to jump to my conclusion, that the scum is Sposh and Netopalis. They both suspect Haylen. The suspicion is mutual which seems to be common behaviour on Haylens part, who also suspect MichelSableHeart based on him suspecting her. Both Netopalis and Sposh have appart from Haylen been keen on chasing after broncofaninmd but with little explaining to why, other than his inactivity. The fact they suddenly don't bother at all by that role card after he was replaced could be interpreted as they were after an easy target.

Asuming one or two of these are voting for a mislynch but don't want to be the one to cast the executive vote, the voting pattern suggests there are two mafia among the three and Haylen ain't one of them.

The thing that strikes me as scummy is that these two gentlemen doesn't seem to want to discuss the other. To my records they have never voted or addressed any serious suspicion or pressure to the other. There is one exception to this. In post 122 TBB did FOS Sposh but only after Nachomamma8 and TehStefan voted Sposh.

I've made my case and stand by lynching Sposh today.

Confirm vote Sposh

If I've missed anything please let me know.

PS. Vel-Rahn Koon, you were right I am more of a noob than TehStefan. He was on to Sposh day one. ;)
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Bwian »

Incognito wrote:
Vote Count #7 of Day 2

Haylen (3) <-~ MichelSableheart, Netopalis, Sposh
Sposh (3) <-~ Jase, Haylen, Bwian

Not voting (2) <-~ Nachomamma8, Vel-Rahn Koon

With 8 alive, 5 will do it.

Since then Vel-Rahn Koon voted Sposh putting him at L1.

Sposh will be lynched if either Nachomamma8 or MichelSableHeart, who both currently are considered pro-town, agree with me.

I don't expect Netopalis to vote for a Sposh lynch. Even if he wants to prove me wrong about suspecting the two of them I can't figure how voting Sposh would help Netopalis.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Bumping a vote count.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”