Mini 852- Crayola Catastrophe Game Over (Post 1158)

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yankee wrote:
I see where both of you are coming from, E_K and Chibo, but i tend to want to go with Chibo's plan, because what other option do we have. And no, i dont consider a no lynch a valid option. As for my opinion on Nacho, it keeps changing, i guess i cant read him very well. I was suspicious of him for a while, but then i started to think of him as a townie after Chibo claimed because i personally believe that Chibo is insane instead of paranoid. But that doesnt rule out the possibility of him being paranoid and with all the suspicious activity i have noted in Nacho, if Chibo does flip paranoid then i would want to lynch Nacho. Hope that helps to sum up my feeling on Nacho clearly and concisely as possible.
I understand the effort to put together a plan and to guess at setup -- I think I've done a fair amount of that this game.

But I don't think we should lose sight of good old-fashioned scum hunting. If there is no clear plan that will guarantee us an advantage, I will fall back on scumhunting and not be backed into this stupid corner where I have to lynch kirby or jahudo just because chibo (questionable sanity cop at best, fake claiming scum at worst) thinks it MIGHT help. I am not going against my reads and chasing this plan that might end in Chibo going "oh hai guys i guez i'm paranoid!"

I think everyone should comment on this though. Specifically, jahudo and socio seem like they're not making much of a decision. socio voting pom, she's not getting lynched today. And jahudo voting nobody. Are you guys changing your vote before deadline? Where do you think you might put it? I think we should all be discussing as much as possible.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Jahudo »

I understand what Yankee is saying, with wanting to believe insane cop over paranoid; but the more I think about it, this game is a theme game which can have less common roles and variants. And we don't know how powerful or weak the mafia is, so this might be as good a setup as any for paranoid cop. The thing is, we just don't know so assumptions can't be counted on yet.

So if I think Nacho has displayed more scumtells throughout the game than Kirby, which I have, then my vote is clear.

Vote: Nachomamma8
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Yankee »

Ok, i was just looking back on the votes and all, and i noticed that Pome's vote on Nacho most likely wont count since she didnt unvote Chibo before she did it. Also considering that Pomes vote doesnt count has 3 Votes, and since noone is really considering Kirby other then me, and if Nacho flips scum then we will know if he is paranoid or not, and Chibo will have a 50% chance to investigate scum tonight. I feel safe putting Nacho at L-1.

Unvote, Vote: Nachomamma8
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

nacho doesn't really seem to be fighting this.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Nachomamma8 (4)- Kirbyoshi, elvis_knits, Jahudo, Yankee
Kirbyoshi (1)- ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai (1)- Pomegranate
Pomegranate (1)- SocioPath
No Lynch (1)- Nachomamma8

Not voting (0): No one

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Nov 6 at 8:30pm (GMT-5)!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Jahudo »

I'd like to hear from Socio, Chibo and Pome again before the hammer is dropped.

Nacho should say whether he believes scum is on his wagon, and if so who.

As for tonight, I think Pome should protect one of the neighbors and Chibo should investigate either Kirby or Yankee.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I didn't have a chance to read through this past page (I skimmed, I'm pressed for time) But I saw that my vote didn't count in the votecount.
Unvote; Vote: Nachomamma

I noticed no posts from Nacho. I wonder why he isn't even defending himself?

I probebly won't be back on before deadline.
[/b]
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Pomegranate »

:shock: Whoa. That was the hammer.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

-_- Pom.....What the fish did you just do?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't see how it's that horrible considering nacho was going to be the lynch anyway with the most votes and deadline is in a few hours. It does remind me of snowbunny though.

I wish people like socio and nacho himself had been active these last few days though.

*crosses fingers*
Talk nerdy to me.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Nachomamma8 (5)- Kirbyoshi, elvis_knits, Jahudo, Yankee, Pomegranate
Kirbyoshi (1)- ChiboSempai
Pomegranate (1)- SocioPath
No Lynch (1)- Nachomamma8

Not voting (0): No one

Death Scene

Near midnight, everyone was hurrying to find someone to lynch

Kirbyoshi: There has got to be someone here who killed
Totally Awesome Dude
. Just come forward and we promise not to kill you.

Pomegranate: ... If we weren't going to kill them, then why have we lynched 2 other people?

Kirbyoshi: Shh... they don't know that!

SocioPath: Ya, they do.

Yankee: Let's just come up with someone to lynch. Ok, let's form a circle. We are going to play rock, paper, scissors.

ChiboSempai: Ok..., let's all claim what we've been doing each night. I've been investigating people.

Yankee: I, uh, killed
ZazieR
. So, how 'bout that roshambo?

SocioPath: You what? Why?

Yankee: I was positive
ZazieR
killed
Totally Awesome Dude
! No one would listen, so I took matters into my own hands. But I will never do that again, as it appears I was wrong.

Nachomamma8: He killed
ZazieR
, he's a killer and must have killed
Totally Awesome Dude
!

Pomegranate: I don't know... I've been secretly visiting people to heal them if the killer targets them. I might have healed who the real killer targeted. Who else has been acting in the night?

elvis_knits: Me and
SocioPath
have been secretly talking to each other, since we are like, neighbors.

ChiboSempai: Anyone else?

No one speaks

ChiboSempai: Ok, then we should lynch someone who hasn't been helping in the night. I say
Kirbyoshi

elvis_knits: No, the killer is most likely
Nachomamma8
! What do you think Jahudo?

Nothing

elvis_knits:
JAHUDO
!

Jahudo: What? I was just resting me eyes. I, uh agree with you,
elvis_knits

So with that, the town takes nachomamma8 to the sharpener and kills him.

Nachomamma8 -
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched D3

It is now Night. Have all night actions in before D4 starts.

D4 starts 48hrs from this post (or close to it).
Last edited by Battousai on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Battousai »

Night Scene

As the sun pilfered through the cracks of the window curtains, the citizens of Battousai's Bedroom come out and discuss

SocioPath: *Yawn* Whose bright idea was it to stay up half the night to kill an innocent person? We could have just drew straws and had a full night of sleep.

Pomegranate: Typical, all you care about is sleeping. I knew I shouldn't have smoked when I was pregnant...

ChiboSempai:: Ok, let's do a roll call again!

elvis_knits: Your not in charge anymore, or ever for that matter. We'll just go to whoever's house who is not here and that is...

Jahudo: That'll be
Yankee
, He's probably just jacked.

ChiboSempai: Fine! But I'm leading everyone to the house and that's that.

Pomegranate: Whatever...

Everyone, following ChiboSempai, makes their way to Yankee's bungalow

Jahudo: The front door is open... let's go insi...

ChiboSempai: Inside!

elvis_knits: Give it a rest already. Don't be that guy.

ChiboSempai, Jahudo, and SocioPath pushes through Yankee's bungalow and into his bedroom.

ChiboSempai: Ah! There he is, he's still asleep under his covers.

SocioPath: HEY! WAKEUP,
YANKEE
. EVERYONE IS WAITING. HELLO?

SocioPath removes the covers

Jahudo: Ha, ha. It's just a body pillow.

elvis_knits calls from the kitchen

elvis_knits: I found him in the kitchen! Well, what's left of him anyways.

Pomegranate: This doesn't make any sense. Why does the killer take his victims to the sharpener, only to collect the remains and bring them here?

Yankee -
One-Shot Vig
- has been Sharpened to death N3

Crayons Left

2) SocioPath

3) Pomegranate

4) Kirbyoshi

6) ChiboSempai

8) Jahudo

12) elvis_knits

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is Nov 17th at 6:30pm (GMT-5hrs)
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

Why did you guys end up lynching Nacho... didn't you listen to my plan at all?

Either way, I got a guilty on KirbYoshi.

Therefor, unless I'm paranoid (hope to god I'm not) then the 3rd claimed VT is scum. I really can't see every mafia member being able to fake a power role. At least one of them had to have gone the VT route.

Vote Jahudo
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Yankee, actually being a Town 1shot vig means a few things to me:

One thing, an odd choice for a NK. A claimed one shot vig, while other power roles were on the prowl.
Which makes both Chibo and Pom suspicious.

But Yankee was telling the truth, so that means its a lot more likely for the NK to have been on Elvis on N2.

So I'm probably not going to be voting for either Elvis or Pom today.

My scum list at this second is:
Chibo
Kirby
Jahudo

As far as lynch preference.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Hmm...
Vote: Jahudo
for now I guess.

I didn't realize that my vote was the hammer on Nacho, because I thought I had voted so I didn't realize that my vote would be the hammer.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I understand that I look like possible scum, but everyone should be thinking about scum pairs today also, and I'll try to save myself from a lynch.

With a 2-person scum team, today is LYLO. If Chibo was in that 2-person mafia you wouldn't "find" another guilty... he would say he has an innocent for the more obvious lynch choice that he wouldn't have to answer for because there wouldn't be a tomorrow. Unless he planned that part out too, he's town. If he is scum, then I really underestimated him, but I hope I'm right here.

Pome not dying makes no sense. Scum were taking a risk to not kill her because she could have protected Yankee. I'm starting to wonder if she went for a gutsy fake claim. There's a chance the scum want to WIFOM us out on her being alive so I'm not ready to declare her scum yet.

I might have to consider one of the neighbors being scum, but I haven't seen it in their play since Josh day 1. That leaves Kirby, which means Chibo would have to be paranoid or Kirby is GF. I could believe GF, but I haven't seen much scummy behavior.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I don't think that Jahudo is scum, since I haven't seen the tells, and I now believe Pom's claim, since hers and Yankee's were kind of linked; also, her not being NK'ed, like Jahudo said, is probably just scum trying to WIFOM us into killing her.

Right now, Chibo is looking like the best option. If I were scum, I would have killed the claimed cop last Night; instead he lives through the Night. Why? Could be more attempts at forced WIFOM, but I don't think scum would do that to 2 players.

Vote: ChiboSempai
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

I didn't realize that we were in Lylo.

I'm still holding to my suspicion on Jahudo, but we need to think more logically here to ensure that we find scum person rather than hope that I'm insane (and not paranoid) and thinking that one of the scum claimed VT.

Unvote
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I like Jahudo's post, but more mainly, as I see it's probably lylo,
Unvote

I see how Jahudo could think I'm scum for surviving the night, but I don't know better than any other townie. Probably Wifom, to be able to push a wagon on me today. Yankee was a one-shot vig, so I guess that makes sense.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Uh... now I am so conflicted.

The nightscene and the subsequent posts are not what I expected.

I have to tell the town something very important.

Me and Socio are not neighbors. We are
LOVERS
. (allignment not guaranteed). Yesterday I said we were neighbors because I really thought he was town and I figured that as long as I thought he was town that I should protect the town from taking a 2for1 NK. But now I am less sure of his allignment and I think that since it's lylo that the town should have all the information they can get. I do not want to make a crucial decision on my own that might screw up the game for the rest of you.

So, last night socio and I PMed a bit. I told him I thought we should lynch pome today if she's still alive, because scum usually kill the doc. I mean, I think it's more of a sure thing for them, like 9/10 times they're going to just kill the doc rather than risk a NK not going through.

He answered me with saying he thinks I'm scum and he's going to claim our real roles today and try to get himself/me lynched.

So I wake up and Pome is not dead, but yankee is dead, and socio has not claimed our real roles and says he's pretty sure that since yankee is dead that Pome really did stop a NK on me N2 and that means Pome and me are town.

And I just don't know what to think. I'm paranoid that Socio and Pome are scum together, and that socio is playing me. Or that Socio is scum with someone else (we can only have 2 scum at this point, right?), and he's still playing me. For one thing, I asked him why he thinks I'm scum last night and he never answered me. So I guess I'm wondering if he really thought that or was trying to manipulate me by pretending to be suspicious of me. I said yesterday how I thought him being suspicious of me meant he was town, so maybe he thought he should up the ante on me and call me scum.

I decided to claim because I am just not sure about socio now, and because if we lynch wrong today, we lose anyway, but if we lynch right, then scum are down to 1 member, so even if me and socio are town and get Nked tonight, there are 3 members left and 1 scum, so town gets one more shot to win the game. Essentially, it will not ruin the game even if me and socio are both town and die from NK.

Also, lynching one of us is an option, although if we're both town it's game over. But then again, whoever we lynch if we lynch wrong will be game over, so that's pretty much the same.

I just think we all have to discuss this now and think through the situation. Because I need help, and I don't want to make a mistake that will cause the rest of the town to lose.

Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, and maybe this setup speculation has been bad for me all along, but part of the reason I was so suspicious of a paranoid or insane cop is that I think town lovers is pretty bad for the town. Town lovers, plus jester, plus paranoid or insane cop just REALLY sucks for the town. I mean, essentially every power role hurts rather than helps the town.

So, think of that what you will. Maybe chibo is insane, which is sort of helpful to town. But maybe having one of the lover be scum is the only way to balance this?

Do you see why I need help??
Talk nerdy to me.

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Ok, so, EK, would you happen to know, if, say, you and Socio are a scum/town pair, whether the game would end if we lynch the town half of the pair? Or did that make sense?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Jahudo »

The lovers make for some bizarre flavor. Socio is Pome's son and e_k had a son of her own in the pregame flavor. e_k must be a cougar :D
I don't think that means anything, but I think its funny.

I haven't seen many lovers, so does anyone know if a doc protect one half has ever protected the other half?

The setup is making me think that one of the lovers might be scum. I believe all the power roles are what they say they are... so a sanity-issue cop, vig, jester, and lovers can do alot of damage on their own without the mafia's help. I don't know who a second scum could be.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Ok, so, EK, would you happen to know, if, say, you and Socio are a scum/town pair, whether the game would end if we lynch the town half of the pair? Or did that make sense?
I'm not sure I understand, but you mean, like if one of us is scum and we lynch the town one, does scum win before the other lover suicides?

I assumed the other lover dies instantly but I checked my role pm and it says the other lover will die the next night or day phase. So I guess technically, scum could win before the other lover dies if we choose the wrong lover.

Interesting you asked that since I didn't remember that bit of info from my PM.

But also, maybe if we're both town and one of us gets a NK, the other will live thorugh the next day, but die with the lynch scene? I think?

@Jahudo, as far as protection, I would assume it would not extend to the other lover. But I don't know. My role doesn't say.

(Also, I am a cougar in real life... so casting was good by batt ;))
Talk nerdy to me.

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Yes, EK, that's what I meant. I was recently NK'ed in a Lover game in Little Italy. There was a scum-town Lover pair, we lynched the town lover, and the scum lover committed suicide at the beginning of the next Day. I don't know if Batt would do it that way or not; should we chance it?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”