Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:02 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

KoC wrote: unvote because things have been made clearer to me.
What exactly was made clearer to you?
Looker wrote: however, I'm fairly certain (at this point), due to the recent turn of events, that one of Don_Johnson and DeathRowKitty are Mafia.
Expliquez, s'il vous plaît.
DJ wrote: please note that drk's votes have been almost entirely omgus this entire day.
I disagree. I voted FC without having been voted. I voted BN (a suspicion that later extended into your posts) without him ever having voted me. My CA vote wasn't because of his vote on me; it was because of his posts afterwards.
DJ wrote: i'm gonna go ahead and claim power now to help the process.
I believed you in our last game because you only had one vote and weren't scummy and therefore no reason to need to claim that (and because I was scum :twisted: ). Considering you're currently on the chopping block and have been acting scummy, I'm less inclined to believe you this time (a.k.a. non-descript PR claim not making me unvote).

@don
You voted me after finding 4 posts of mine that arguably don't make me scummy at all and have held onto your vote ever since over a mass of other posts that arguably don't make me scummy. If you have legitimate reasons for voting me, make a case. If not, I'm going to assume you just don't want to look bad by unvoting me. Interpreting a whole bunch of posts however you want =/= making a case (and especially when you practically refused to listen to my responses).
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Looker »

Raskol's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1957549#1957549]Post 920[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:
unvote
vote KoC

Knight of Cydonia's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1957511#1957511]Post 917[/url] wrote:
unvote
because things have been made clearer to me. Don't like the way certain people tried to turn "voting DRK for starting jester speculation + contributing to it's continuance in the game" into "voting DRK because ur scum lol".
donj's play matches his meta of not having a meta.
I will be fairly inactive today, Mums' birthday, might be able to weigh in tomorrow.
Well I can honestly say that I'm confused at this point; however, I'm fairly certain (at this point), due to the recent turn of events, that one of Don_Johnson and DeathRowKitty are Mafia.
/facepalm
How helpful
don_johnson's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1957689#1957689]Post 923[/url] wrote:i'm winning the lynch race with 36 hours until deadline. i am just trying to help.

looker: why is it an either/or between me and drk? what about the recent events has you thinking this way? why are you voting KoC?

furry: waiting on your bullshit "i'm waiting to see one thing" bullshit. spew anytime.

oh shit. didn't see shrine is getting replaced. my bad.

mod: requesting deadline extension.
I believe your partners are unwilling to bus you and I believe KoC is one of your partners.
In DeathRowKitty's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1957802#1957802]Post 925[/url], he wrote:
Looker wrote: however, I'm fairly certain (at this point), due to the recent turn of events, that one of Don_Johnson and DeathRowKitty are Mafia.
Expliquez, s'il vous plaît.
I can't see how the both of you could survive if you were both town, especially with such good wagons to hop on. Why haven't Mafia utilized this? This is the jist of my jilted reasoning; however, I am
very
tired at the moment and probably shouldn't be online. I really need to do better for myself. Good night.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Looker »

"You think I'm Mafia? Why?"

"Why? Why aren't you
dead
yet...?"

O.o
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:33 am

Post by don_johnson »

drk wrote:I believed you in our last game because you only had one vote and weren't scummy and therefore no reason to need to claim that (and because I was scum ).
you were scum in that game. that is why you believed me. end of story. why add in the other reasons? posts like this are why i think you are scum. you keep trying to cast a shade over what you are doing. your bn vote was an oppurtunistic wagon hop out of nowhere. i'm not "making a case". i'm not moving my vote because i don't see a better place for it. without an extension i stand to be lynched with three votes and there are most certainly better lynches out there than me, so yeah. tell me: who has made a good case? where would you like to see my vote and why?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Raskol »

Don, claiming power was just stupid. You have only three votes and at least one of those looked easy enough to convince to join another bandwagon. Meanwhile, there were other people who would only need one or two votes to surpass the number you've got. Claiming at this point was a bad idea, full stop.

However, now that you've softclaimed you need to fullclaim. You're screwed anyway, we might as well have the full info if we're going to make a decision on it.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

drk wrote:I believed you in our last game because you only had one vote and weren't scummy
also: i was hella scummy. didn't i replace in, refuse to read the thread and ride a vote based solely on my reread of the RVS in a twenty page game? not scummy? really? REALLY?

*gets out of drivers seat, runs to rear of drk wagon and begins to push*

this just in: drk is confirmed scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:39 am

Post by don_johnson »

Raskol wrote:Don, claiming power was just stupid. You have only three votes and at least one of those looked easy enough to convince to join another bandwagon. Meanwhile, there were other people who would only need one or two votes to surpass the number you've got. Claiming at this point was a bad idea, full stop.

However, now that you've softclaimed you need to fullclaim. You're screwed anyway, we might as well have the full info if we're going to make a decision on it.
^^ bad idea. i am in no way "screwed".
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:44 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, I'll rephrase: that's why everyone should have believed you that game.
DJ wrote: your bn vote was an oppurtunistic wagon hop out of nowhere.
Do you believe my vote was unwarranted? Also, do you still stand by your statement that my votes were OMGUS (if so, explain why) and if not, why did you belive so in the first place?
DJ wrote:i'm not "making a case"
Then how do you expect to get more votes on me, considering we're the top two wagons? Or were you just hoping an empty PR claim would save you?
DJ wrote:where would you like to see my vote and why?
On yourself or one of your buddies, duh :roll:
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Raskol »

So let me get this straight---you're going to softclaim at L-4 and then refuse to fullclaim?

There just isn't a /facepalm big enough for this. Seriously, where did you get this player list, Kreriov?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:57 am

Post by don_johnson »

raskol wrote:So let me get this straight---you're going to softclaim at L-4 and then refuse to fullclaim?
didn't refuse anything. just so happens that you're not the boss of me. i'll full claim only if necessary, the soft claim was to help give us some direction. i.e. lynch elsewhere.
drk wrote:Do you believe my vote was unwarranted? Also, do you still stand by your statement that my votes were OMGUS (if so, explain why) and if not, why did you belive so in the first place?
blah blah blah. change omgus to "omgussy", point still stands. hey, i have an idea, let's argue semantics with under 36 hours until deadline!
drk wrote:Then how do you expect to get more votes on me, considering we're the top two wagons? Or were you just hoping an empty PR claim would save you?
i would vote twice if i could. not necessarily looking to be saved, but hoping the softclaim would divert our attention to a better lynch. so if forced to answer then yeah, the second thing.
drk wrote:On yourself or one of your buddies, duh
nice deflection. say it with me now : "OMGUS!"

*throws confetti in air, does chicken dance*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:03 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

DJ wrote:also: i was hella scummy. didn't i replace in, refuse to read the thread and ride a vote based solely on my reread of the RVS in a twenty page game? not scummy? really? REALLY?
Not reading isn't a scum tell at all and considering we were near deadline, you actually played well and got decent reads from what was going on (of course, once the deadline was extended you should have read but IIRC your refusal to read came before that).
DJ wrote:blah blah blah. change omgus to "omgussy", point still stands. hey, i have an idea, let's argue semantics with under 36 hours until deadline!
This isn't the first time you've fallen back to saying people are arguing semantics when that's not what's going on. How were my votes "omgussy" and how is that different from OMGUS?
DJ wrote:i would vote twice if i could. not necessarily looking to be saved, but hoping the softclaim would divert our attention to a better lynch. so if forced to answer then yeah, the second thing.
Didn't you say I would be the best lynch? You'd rather try claiming power to haphazardly move the wagon than try to actually convince people your number one suspect is scum?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Raskol »

unvote

vote: don johnson

Refusing to fullclaim is just
stupid
. It's not going to make the scum any more likely to NK you, but it does give the town some reason to trust you. The only difference between a softclaim and a fullclaim is a fullclaim forces you, if you're lying, to come up with a story now instead of tailoring one tomorrow to fit what happens tonight.

If you're telling the truth, scum is going to do the same thing either way---either NK you, or leave you alive for the WIFOM. Fullclaiming isn't going to make you any more likely to be NK'ed (that's why I said you're screwed anyway), but claiming now will help us sort through the WIFOM and make a better decision in that situation.

This vote stays on at the very least until I hear your claim. There's absolutely no townie reason for you to refuse fullclaim now that you've softlcaimed. You made an absolutely braindead move and now you need to help us out, or you're going to get lynched.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:14 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

DJ wrote:
I wrote: On yourself or one of your buddies, duh
nice deflection. say it with me now : "OMGUS!"
Also, how exactly is that a deflection? :?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:47 am

Post by don_johnson »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
DJ wrote:also: i was hella scummy. didn't i replace in, refuse to read the thread and ride a vote based solely on my reread of the RVS in a twenty page game? not scummy? really? REALLY?
Not reading isn't a scum tell at all and considering we were near deadline, you actually played well and got decent reads from what was going on (of course, once the deadline was extended you should have read but IIRC your refusal to read came before that).
i was considered scummy by many players in the game until my claim, and even still after that. you had a town read on me for one reason and only one reason: you were scum.
drk wrote:
DJ wrote:blah blah blah. change omgus to "omgussy", point still stands. hey, i have an idea, let's argue semantics with under 36 hours until deadline!
This isn't the first time you've fallen back to saying people are arguing semantics when that's not what's going on. How were my votes "omgussy" and how is that different from OMGUS?
voting your attacker is "omgussy". between me and CA that is what you have been doing. arguing the "meaning" of a word is semantics. it is scummy more often than not, and anti-town at best. much like the argument about who "started" the jester conversation.
drk wrote:
DJ wrote:i would vote twice if i could. not necessarily looking to be saved, but hoping the softclaim would divert our attention to a better lynch. so if forced to answer then yeah, the second thing.
Didn't you say I would be the best lynch? You'd rather try claiming power to haphazardly move the wagon than try to actually convince people your number one suspect is scum?
i don't know if you are the best lynch, but i do know there are better day 1 lynches than myself. your play reads scum to me so my vote is on you. i am a power role, therefore if i am under threat of lynch then i should claim to push the wagon elsewhere. pretty standard fucking play.
raskol wrote:Refusing to fullclaim is just stupid.
so let me get this straight:

softclaiming at L-4 in a game 36 hours from deadline where leading wagon gets lynched is stupid.

NOT fullclaiming is stupid as well.

in other words: you think dj is stupid, but rather than look at the other suspects worth lynching today, you would rather push the claimed town power role with just more than 24 hours until deadline.

is that right? do you think that you have a better chance at discovering whether or not i am telling the truth now, or after a full round of night actions?

drk: i asked you who your other suspects were. maybe not in so many words, but you choosing to take my question in the most literal sense and avoid naming names is a HUGE deflection.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Raskol »

don, if you won't fullclaim, I have no reason to believe you and your softclaim looks a lot more like scum trying to get out of being lynched than anything town would do. Softclaim is a super scummy move. I'm willing to believe it was an idiot mistake, but I can't do that unless you're willing to help fix it by at least fullclaiming. I don't think a round of night actions is going to help us at all unless we have your role beforehand. Otherwise, you get to make up any story you want depending on what happens.

Let me put this in really simple terms that you'll be sure to understand: You have already claimed a power role. The scum already know that you are a power role. You are already probably going to be nightkilled for being a power role. Knowing
which
power role you are is not going to make the scum any more likely to nightkill you, but it will make it easier for town to decide what to do today, and what to do tomorrow on the off chance that you aren't NK'ed.

You don't have a leg to stand on. Full claim. Do it or die now, as only scum would have any reason to withhold that info at this point.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:27 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

DJ wrote: i was considered scummy by many players in the game until my claim, and even still after that. you had a town read on me for one reason and only one reason: you were scum.
You weren't scummy in that game.
DJ wrote: voting your attacker is "omgussy". between me and CA that is what you have been doing. arguing the "meaning" of a word is semantics. it is scummy more often than not, and anti-town at best. much like the argument about who "started" the jester conversation.
BN was one of my top suspects before you ever replaced in. You seem to have forgotten that. Is my CA vote the only one that's "omgussy?" I would hardly call arguing your points to be arguing semantics. If you say I'm OMGUSing and I'm not, am I to assume you just accidentally picked the wrong word?
DJ wrote:i don't know if you are the best lynch, but i do know there are better day 1 lynches than myself. your play reads scum to me so my vote is on you. i am a power role, therefore if i am under threat of lynch then i should claim to push the wagon elsewhere. pretty standard fucking play.
Here's my point: you've been implying you think I'm the best lynch (by voting me, by consistently listing me as the scummiest player, etc), but instead of making a case on me to move votes to me (when you're the highest wagon), you claim townie power role and just want everyone to unvote you and vote anyone else. Why wouldn't you make a case on me if you think I'm so scummy?
DJ wrote: drk: i asked you who your other suspects were. maybe not in so many words, but you choosing to take my question in the most literal sense and avoid naming names is a HUGE deflection.
You asked me who I thought you should vote and I gave you an answer. If you wanted my suspects, you should have just asked me that. I thnk you should vote (in some order):
Yourself
BB
KoC or CA (? (I have a lot of thinking to do on this one))

Yes, that probably looks very omgussy, but with how close the wagons were this close to deadline, I doubt more than one of the scum would be trying to divert my wagon. I would like to hear more from shrine('s replacement), but I didn't find shrine particularly scummy just from his actions.

Raskol wrote:Knowing which power role you are is not going to make the scum any more likely to nightkill you
Not necessarily true, but the risk of this is less than the risk of don making up something better after seeing night actions.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Sanjay »

I'd rather Don not full-claim right now and I'd rather not lynch him. If he is town, he is taking a calculated risk that, if he lives, his claim will be less believable in the future compared to the present. As long as he understand's the risk, I'm fine with him not full-claiming.

Though the soft claim was a pretty dumb move.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Raskol »

It's not just a risk to him, though. It's a risk to us. If he survives the night, we'll have to be able to trust his claim tomorrow.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Raskol »

I guess I don't care too much, though. I won't be around tomorrow anyway, so you guys can do what you like.

unvote
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Sanjay »

Seriously, Raskol?

I'd really rather you put your vote somewhere before deadline.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

drk: your persistence only clarifies you as scum to me. i made a case against you. i have consistently pointed out what i feel is scummy about your play. i am no longer discussing the difference between "omgus" and "omgussy". point stands: you have attacked your attackers.

full claiming gives scum information. without a conventional lynch happening, scum wouldn't have to go to any lengths of counterclaiming to secure my lynch, all they have to do is keep my wagon as the leader, so full claiming puts absolutely no pressure onto scum at this time.

sanjay: i understand what i am doing and i see no town benefit to a full claim at this time. it seems as though some players are dissappearing here at deadline and we should be coming to some sort of consensus on an alternate wagon. if its not drk then who?

KoC and furry both seemed to leave off with ambiguous statements and haven't chimed back in. clarification would be nice.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Raskol, 910 wrote:At first I thought it was scummy and should be lynchable. Now I'm thinking ZazieR is just a prick, and the absence is explainable by that. Betterr to replace that kind of player rather than waste a lynch on a slot you've got few reasons to think is scum.

Can you explain how getting ZazieR repalced would further a scum-Raskol's goals more than a town-Raskol's?
Replacements create confusion as people try to catch up, scum can capitalize on confusion.
DRK, 914 wrote:@CA
What do you think of DJ?
Honestly, he hasn't been one of the players I've been paying a lot of attention to. From what I've seen, he just seems like he's trying to catch up, and I don't remember him seeming that scummy, although I would like to go back and read his posts to refresh my read. Regrettebly, I don't have time to do that today. I'll probably have to catch up on him during hte night phase.
Looker, 916 wrote:I would like for CA to weigh in with a vote, though.
Honestly, its a tossup between Zazie and BB for me today, but since you asked, and we are EXTREMELY close to deadline . . .

Vote: BigBear

Sanjay, 924 wrote:In what way were things made clearer to you, Knight of Cydonia?
I want this question answered as well.

DJ softclaim issue: Wtf, there is so much fail here. Your claim is EXTREMELY scummy. DRK, forget what I said above, my mind is being changed RAPIDLY. If you haven't full claimed by the time I'm done reading, you get my vote.

. . .

and you failed to full claim. Time to die.
Unvote, Vote don_johnson
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by don_johnson »

CA:what is scummy about soft-claiming? votes were not piling up. i was and am simply in the lead and will be lynched without a clear majority. without a conventional lynch process, that left me in a terrible spot. would you prefer that i wait and wait and wait and then claim right before deadline? then what?

PLEASE ANSWER: what benefit does a full claim offer town
at this time
?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Looker »

Raskol's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1958015#1958015]Post 933[/url] wrote:So let me get this straight---you're going to softclaim at L-4 and then refuse to fullclaim?

There just isn't a /facepalm big enough for this. Seriously, where did you get this player list, Kreriov?
Now, now, there's no need to be condescending.
In Raskol's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1958050#1958050]Post 936[/url], he wrote:
unvote

vote: don johnson

Refusing to fullclaim is just
stupid
Now, now, there's no need to be condescending.
Raskol's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1958219#1958219]Post 943[/url] wrote:I guess I don't care too much, though. I won't be around tomorrow anyway, so you guys can do what you like.

unvote
You seem to be so...emotional so close to deadline, yet you unvote. Are things going according to plan? Did you clear Mafia from the radar so now you really don't care who gets the lynch as long as you're not affiliated? A vote would be helpful, Raskol.
Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1958256#1958256]Post 944[/url] wrote:Seriously, Raskol?

I'd really rather you put your vote somewhere before deadline.
I agree/concur/am in indubitable concordance.
don_johnson's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1958488#1958488]Post 947[/url] wrote:CA:what is scummy about soft-claiming? votes were not piling up. i was and am simply in the lead and will be lynched without a clear majority. without a conventional lynch process, that left me in a terrible spot. would you prefer that i wait and wait and wait and then claim right before deadline? then what?

PLEASE ANSWER: what benefit does a full claim offer town
at this time
?
That should be "offer
me
at this time", but that's irrelevant. What
is
relevant is whether Sanjay, Cydonia, or Raskol are in either your or DRK's Mafia. Are they or do you believe them to be so?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Looker »

EBWOP: Disregard the "offer
me
at this time". I stand corrected. Haste helps no one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”