Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Looker »

don_johnson's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1959038#1959038]Post 971[/url] wrote:one more vote puts me out of reach.

i'm a cop. way to go geniuses.
It was evident you were going to die either way, or at least it was to me; however, I can somewhat understand the perceived need for disdain.
Which is why I kept my opinion to myself, or tried anyway. My suggestion makes absolutely no sense because I insisted he wait out tonight and claim tomorrow. But o well, either he or DRK is Mafia anyway.
Are you saying this because I'm wrong or are you saying this because I'm right, because I'm hoping you're saying this because I'm right.
Furry's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1959051#1959051]Post 974[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:Off-topic: That's some fascinatin stuff u got there with the topo and the arroyo and the lines. I've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about but it sounds nice.
I do land surveying for the county sewer department, have to keep mapping out the areas for new lines.

Im not countering the claim. Want to sleep on it. Breadcrumbs though?
O, so you're like a grown-up doing important stuff, huh? Niiiice. I can't wait til I turn 16, I'm going to become a super model.

And I doubt he can sleep on it because he says he's not going to be around tomorrow or something like that. He's going to disappear V/LA-style like ZazieR. Either way, I doubt you'll find any breadcrumbs. It just seems to have popped up out of the blue due to the votes and the deadline and all.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Sanjay wrote:Why were you reluctant to full-claim, don_johnson?
there was no need to full claim. scum has more information now than they did before. if they have a roleblocker i will for sure be blocked. without a full claim they would have had to take a gamble with their night actions. now they know a) i am not doc and b) i am cop. how is town in a better position now? we're not. i explained this already. the way this lynch is going down is anything but conventional. i.e. it only needs the most votes, not a prescribed majority. has i waited the night out and claimed tomorrow i would have had much better odds at getting results. the only way now is if mafia doesn't have a roleblocker or disruptive role.

breadcrumbs? no. i replaced in. i have never had a cop role and i don't know how i would breadcrumb it if i wanted to. i've breadcrumbed a couple times before in other games, but that was with non traditional roles in games i started from the beginning.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Looker wrote:
Are you saying this because I'm wrong or are you saying this because I'm right, because I'm hoping you're saying this because I'm right.
I'm saying it because, as I recall, your ideas about who is scum have been based on some pretty silly assumptions like "X must be town because X is voting for Y, and I think Y is mafia".

If that's a strawman of your theories I apologize, but sometimes it feels like that.

So I wasn't saying it because you are wrong or right. I was saying it because I was impressed with the next evolution of Looker scumhunting.

Though if it helps you out, you are wrong.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Looker »

BAH! (Go town)
Sometimes the best method of rationalization is simply to not rationalize at all. (That
sounds
smart, doesn't it)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by Sanjay »

The results of a partial BigBear reread:

BigBear makes several votes to attract attention and perhaps generate discussion. He has a self-vote, a no lynch vote, and a vote for Shrineme right after Looker suggests BigBear voted No Lynch to protect Shrineme. The obvious concern is "Is BigBear scum trying to appear attention seeking so people think he is town?" When Shrinehme brings it up and Looker questions BigBear about it, this is the response:
BigBear, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1895590#1895590]post 127[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:
Shrinehme wrote: BigBear might me doing this on purpose. It's a possible idea that he is scum that does some things that are SO terrible that people think he's not scum. A possible reverse psychology strategy.
Reverse psychology? Are you implying WIFOM? If so...
So scummy that i can't be scum? This isn't Zwet-mafia. No, I'm not really implying Wifom. And i don't even understand psychology that much, what makes you think that I know how to perfect reverse psychology?
Looker wrote: @BigBear: Were these your intentions? WIFOM? Can you refute these allegations?
What? To create anarchy and Wifom? No I did not intend that. I don't see how WIFOM at this point in the game really helps the town. However, you kids bringing up that it must be Wifom make me uneasy. Because you're so hasty to bring that thought or idea up. Maybe I truly wanted night to begin. Maybe I wanted to be lynched. Maybe I wanted no lynch. The truth is, long and active day ones are very profitable, and me creating this type of discussion is priceless.
I don't understand psychology that much, how could I perfect reverse psychology??? What? This is an oddly evasive answer. Also, this thing about being uneasy about people bringing up WIFOM is garbage. When someone does something blatantly anti-town, that's the first thing you have to think about. Plus this "maybe I wanted no lynch" thing is especially garbage, because he says different IN THE SAME POST:
BigBear, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1895590#1895590]also post 127[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:Who had the most votes when BigBear decided to go no lynch?
I'm gonna shoot down that theory of... whose ever it was. I chose to vote no lynch, to generate discussion. Look it worked. I mostly wanted to get out of the RVS. Looks like we made it :D yay!
For someone that dislikes jester speculation enough to policy vote about it post 214 is surprising:
BigBear wrote:I think lynching the jester is a bad idea. and if there really is a jester, which I doubt, i think they should be either vig'd or night killed. Bringing up the idea of a jester, is actually scummy, I forget who brought it up, but it's scummy.
Why the heck would you suggest not lynching a jester? That's exactly the attitude that makes jester speculation scummy.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Unvote

Eh, minor scummy vibes'll have to do it for me.

Let's do this. BigBearWagon assemble.

Vote: BigBear

I suggest we don't lynch an uncounterclaimed cop day one unless they are super duper scummy. I don't think don_johnson qualifies. I hope BigBear responds to my concerns, or better yet provides me with a better person to want a wagon on than him.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by Looker »

unvote

Be back in a bit but still waiting for the same things (Raskol, KoC)
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by Looker »

vote DeathRowKitty

Looker is utterly confused right now.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

unvote
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Post by Looker »

u weren't voting
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:42 am

Post by Kreriov »

As of right now
Raskol
is removed from the game. I have no need to put up with a supposed adult acting like a whiny little baby. I have little tolerance for fools, and he is one. Unfortunately this means there are now two spots for which we will need replacements. And no DJ, this does not mean there will be a deadline extension. The game has dragged enough.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Kreriov »

Vote Count

don_johnson (4)
- ZazieR Shrinehme DeathRowKitty ConfidAnon
Raskol (1) - Furry
DeathRowKitty (3) - don_johnson BigBear Looker
ZazieR (1) - archaebob
BigBear (1) - Sanjay

Not voting: Knight of Cydonia Raskol

With 12 alive is takes 7 to lynch.

Looking for a replacement for Shrinehme and Raskol

DEADLINE SET: 10 Nov 2009 (Tues) @ 11pm EST
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

DJ wrote: one more vote puts me out of reach.

i'm a cop. way to go geniuses.
The annoyance sounds forced. I'm about 29-71 on the claim, but it's better to let some night actions resolve before making a decision.
Unvote

Looker wrote:
SJ wrote: Why were you reluctant to full-claim, don_johnson?
Which is why I kept my opinion to myself, or tried anyway. My suggestion makes absolutely no sense because I insisted he wait out tonight and claim tomorrow.
I don't get what this means :?
SJ wrote:Let's do this. BigBearWagon assemble.
Insta-wagon reporting for duty.
Vote: BigBear
. I know he's been posting elsewhere and he seems to be enjoying just watching the deadline waste away.
Looker wrote:vote DeathRowKitty
Looker is utterly confused right now.
You're only confused because you stopped considering the possibility of DJ-scum :wink:
Our loving mod wrote:As of right now Raskol is removed from the game. I have no need to put up with a supposed adult acting like a whiny little baby. I have little tolerance for fools, and he is one. Unfortunately this means there are now two spots for which we will need replacements. And no DJ, this does not mean there will be a deadline extension. The game has dragged enough.
With Raskol not voting and shrine voting DJ, that leaves us two votes short. This should make things interesting.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Looker »

Bad things happened tonight, so this is kinda jisted.

Current suspicions: Sanjay & Don_Johnson as Mafia

Therefore,
unvote
vote Don_Johnson

Sorry for the lack of words
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:56 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@Looker
You really confuse me sometimes...
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Kreriov »

Vote Count

don_johnson (4)
- ZazieR Shrinehme Looker ConfidAnon
Raskol (1) - Furry
DeathRowKitty (2) - don_johnson BigBear
ZazieR (1) - archaebob
BigBear (2) - Sanjay DeathRowKitty

Not voting: Knight of Cydonia Raskol

With 12 alive is takes 7 to lynch.

Looking for a replacement for Shrinehme and Raskol

DEADLINE SET: 10 Nov 2009 (Tues) @ 11pm EST
Kreriov
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:31 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote: bigbear

bb it is. looker, please switch.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:59 am

Post by don_johnson »

this is bad. 3 out of four votes on my wagon are lurkers. one of them has been camping their vote for 30 pages with the initial accusation of "lurking" and very little follow-up. shrine is being replaced and CA is voting because i didn't full claim when asked even though i was only at L-4 and clearly explained why i didn't and since have.

they can't all be scum and there's no time left to switch wagons with any shred of hope for me to survive so i guess i'll just have to leave this game utterly shocked and appalled. :)

good luck guys.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 am

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: change :) to :?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:32 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

don, 992 wrote:this is bad. 3 out of four votes on my wagon are lurkers. one of them has been camping their vote for 30 pages with the initial accusation of "lurking" and very little follow-up. shrine is being replaced and CA is voting because i didn't full claim when asked even though i was only at L-4 and clearly explained why i didn't and since have.

they can't all be scum and there's no time left to switch wagons with any shred of hope for me to survive so i guess i'll just have to leave this game utterly shocked and appalled.

good luck guys.
I know you explained, it just sounds like B.S.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by don_johnson »

to wifom it: what benefit does scumdj have to fakeclaim cop?

please note there is NO counterclaim.

please point to exactly what is "bs" about soft claiming power in my situation.

please note i am getting lynched without a clear majority, by at least 50% MAJOR lurkers, as uncounterclaimed cop.

what good did my fullclaim do for town? all it did was inform scum of the specifics of my power and allow them to simply sit back and watch this mislynch whether they are on my wagon or not. a conventional lynch would have demanded a counterclaim to push it through. in that situation i would have not softclaimed at L-4 and i would have most certainly claimed at L-1.

whatever. lynch your cop. have fun sifting through MINI 859- the falls church scummy lurkers anonymous weekly meeting. :roll:
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Scum DJ could be trying to out a hypothetical cop by getting them to cc your claim right before he gets lynched. And if no cc happens, you will move into night. Then you could use wifom saying you didn't die because scum were thinking you'd be saved by a protection role, and use your now influential position to clear your buddies and lead lynches.

Soft claiming leaves a lot of options open for scum to work with, like others have pointed out. To clarify, you can easily full claim after you get a read later on about hwat role sare likely to be in the setup.

What good did your full claim do? None, because I'm fairly certain your scum, and lies hurt town.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Furry »

ConfidAnon wrote:Scum DJ could be trying to out a hypothetical cop by getting them to cc your claim right before he gets lynched. And if no cc happens, you will move into night. Then you could use wifom saying you didn't die because scum were thinking you'd be saved by a protection role, and use your now influential position to clear your buddies and lead lynches.
Actually any doc-cop combo with at least one scum PR made with the intention of countering it is bastardly as hell. Then again going into deadline with two players needing replacing is also bastardly as hell

@mod
- Is there ANY chance of a deadline extension, almost 20% of the game needs replacing right now.

After sleeping on it, I dont really like the claim too much. A regular cop in this setup really seems a little top heavy to me. Im not a huge fan of the sudden BB wagon (see previous arguements) and no one is following me on the Raskol push. DJ works well as a partner to him so

unvote
vote DJ
Looker wrote:"]
Furry wrote:
Looker wrote:Off-topic: That's some fascinatin stuff u got there with the topo and the arroyo and the lines. I've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about but it sounds nice.
I do land surveying for the county sewer department, have to keep mapping out the areas for new lines.

Im not countering the claim. Want to sleep on it. Breadcrumbs though?
O, so you're like a grown-up doing important stuff, huh? Niiiice. I can't wait til I turn 16, I'm going to become a super model.

And I doubt he can sleep on it because he says he's not going to be around tomorrow or something like that. He's going to disappear V/LA-style like ZazieR. Either way, I doubt you'll find any breadcrumbs. It just seems to have popped up out of the blue due to the votes and the deadline and all.
Im only 21... its just a job while im going to school. Makin me feel old here. Also what job can you have that 10 hour days? I didnt even start working 40 hour weeks untill junior year of HS.

Anyways.

I dont buy no breadcrumbs. You should always breadcrumb, hell if you can make it obvious while at the same time not obvious, its even better. It makes the claim more...

*sunglasses off*

dramatic

*sunglasses on*
Temporary unretired alt
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ConfidAnon wrote:Scum DJ could be trying to out a hypothetical cop by getting them to cc your claim right before he gets lynched. And if no cc happens, you will move into night. Then you could use wifom saying you didn't die because scum were thinking you'd be saved by a protection role, and use your now influential position to clear your buddies and lead lynches.
again: how stupid are you? i don't think a scum team has ever won a game of mafia with a fake cop claim on day 1 carrying through for the win. you are looking through a pinhole at this game. there may be much more we can do than simply accept my claim and results. i.e. night action results are not easily faked if roles such as vig/roleblocker/watcher/tracker/jailkeeper exist.
dj wrote:Soft claiming leaves a lot of options open for scum to work with, like others have pointed out. To clarify, you can easily full claim after you get a read later on about hwat role sare likely to be in the setup.
yes, but full claiming unecessarily as town gives scum information. again: night action results are not easily faked if roles such as vig/roleblocker/watcher/tracker/jailkeeper exist.
dj wrote:What good did your full claim do? None, because I'm fairly certain your scum, and lies hurt town.
if i'm scum and my full claim clarified that to you then i would have to disagree with this statement. just sayin'.
furry wrote:A regular cop in this setup really seems
a little top heavy
to me.
its day 1. what fucking set-up are you talking about? how can a regular cop in a twelve player game be anything other than normal?

i replaced in, breadcrumbs would not have helped unless brothernature had left them too. didn't read that way to me so i thought it best to just keep quiet. i am generally scummy enough not to draw nk's from scum. seriously.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: confid's quotes, not mine. quote fail.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”