Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Amished »

AGar, if you aren't "Berserking" around this game, I *will* vote for you with an avatar like that...
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Scien »

I read it :(

I just didn't read it well. :(((

I also don't expect to be let off for it, heh, heck I'm in good company with this mistake it seems. Let's dispense some indiscriminate justice. J/k
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Scien »

Oh and this: "You sir, are overthinking random voting."

On the contrary, I was making sure
THEY
weren't over thinking a random vote.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:18 am

Post by AGar »

Amished wrote:AGar, if you aren't "Berserking" around this game, I *will* vote for you with an avatar like that...
I will go berserk with judgment. (see what I did there??? ;p)
Scien wrote:Oh and this: "You sir, are overthinking random voting."

On the contrary, I was making sure
THEY
weren't over thinking a random vote.
Surely you would want me to choose the wine in front of you, so I must choose the wine in front of me!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Raskol »

VP Baltar wrote:Raskol, what do you hope to do with these game links exactly? Do you feel you can get an effective meta of every player in the game? Who have you already played with from this list?
I plan to look through them, yes. I'm not looking to form a detailed meta on everyone so much as get a general idea of what to expect. I may want to look into specific people in more detail later on, though.

I've played with SerialClergyman, no one else. I read a lot of games, though, so I've seen some of you play.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Scien »

Heh. You can claim I'm using WIFOM that if you want, but my question was obviously only to clarify his position. I never made a claim that I thought it meant something (unless he came back with an answer that suggested that the first post meant something), and you fabricating it otherwise is ridiculous at best and manipulative at worst.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:31 am

Post by AGar »

Scien wrote:Heh. You can claim I'm using WIFOM that if you want, but my question was obviously only to clarify his position. I never made a claim that I thought it meant something (unless he came back with an answer that suggested that the first post meant something), and you fabricating it otherwise is ridiculous at best and manipulative at worst.
Moar WIFOM!!! :p

I've never actually been able to screw around in the "RVS" as it's either never happened or I've missed it (replacing in). This is a wonderful experience for me :P
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:31 am

Post by AGar »

Also:

Papa Zoto, get you're ass in here!

Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Scien »

One more try.
Raskol wrote:For being the first to post in the game.
Scien wrote:As for your reasoning for what I believe is a random vote, just out of curiosity, are you claiming there is meaning to derive from the person that posts first? Or is that just an explanation for your vote?
First. How is me making sure that it was truly a random vote, me 'overthinking'.
Second. When I specifically asked in the post you are criticizing if it was merely a reasoning for a random vote, how can you claim that I wasn't looking at their 'thinking'. Instead you accuse me of WIFOM.

Stretch much.

That's enough for a non-random vote.
Unvote
Vote:AGar
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:44 am

Post by ekiM »

My wiki is now up to date.

Limited reveal is tuff. If an unclaimed info role is NKed we'll have no idea.

I know you guys are all competent but I'm going to paste my newly-standard claims boilerplate any way, just in case someone doesn't quite get it:
  • Claims are for stopping power roles getting lynched. Apart from that function, claims are bad. They let the scum know whom to target.
  • Unnecessary claims are really bad. Claims should happen when a clear and solid majority wants to lynch someone. Not before.
  • Don't ask for a claim too early. Just because someone is at L-1 doesn't mean "it's time for them to claim". Only if everyone currently on the wagon is still gung-ho for a lynch, and someone else is ready to hammer. L-2 is ridiculously early.
  • If someone asks you to claim and you think it's too soon, don't just submit. Argue against it.
  • Vanilla claims should never stop a lynch, if the claim was requested at the right time. If they did, it means they were asked too early. (N.B., it's not scummy to claim as vanilla, it's just a bad idea. Argue the wagon instead.)
We have two weeks for D1, and less for subsequent days. Let's not faff around for ages.

Vote: SerialClergyman
. Wagons are the way forwards.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:45 am

Post by AGar »

Scien wrote:One more try.
Raskol wrote:For being the first to post in the game.
Scien wrote:As for your reasoning for what I believe is a random vote, just out of curiosity, are you claiming there is meaning to derive from the person that posts first? Or is that just an explanation for your vote?
First. How is me making sure that it was truly a random vote, me 'overthinking'.
Second. When I specifically asked in the post you are criticizing if it was merely a reasoning for a random vote, how can you claim that I wasn't looking at their 'thinking'. Instead you accuse me of WIFOM.

Stretch much.

That's enough for a non-random vote.
Unvote
Vote:AGar
:shock:

Did you miss the tongue smilies and me saying I never get to dick around in RVS? I'm definitely not serious with any of this atm. Just trying to spark discussion in some way or another.

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:47 am

Post by ekiM »

Last time I saw someone get worked up over an obvious joke in RVS, they were scum.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Scien »

Nope, I realize you are currently playing in a joking manner. And that is fine.

But throwing suspicion that in my opinion is a stretch, even jokingly, is more of a tell than a guy for getting multiple roles. Hence non-random vote.

Carry on.

Ekim, "getting worked up" is relative. I never said it was a huge tell. I said it was enough for a non-random vote.

Even in the random stage people have motives for things. Actions mean things. Even jokes in certain contexts. You disagree?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Raskol »

ekiM wrote:Last time I saw someone get worked up over an obvious joke in RVS, they were scum.
Last time I caught someone doing something I found scummy in the RVS, I voted for them.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:13 am

Post by ekiM »

Scien, if you accept that he's joking around, why are you addressing what he's saying as if he's in earnest?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Scien »

I said in a joking manner, not that his posts are completely meaningless. He accused me of WIFOM, and overstretching, which I also think is overstretching. Even if they were in joke form, he hasn't said he didn't mean it slightly.

Even if he does say in the near future that 'it was merely a joke in RVS', it doesn't mean there aren't motives for choosing who to target with jokes.

He is a better target for a vote than my previous target, I hold with my decision here.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:32 am

Post by ekiM »

Scien wrote:Even if they were in joke form, he hasn't said he didn't mean it slightly.
Agar wrote:I'm definitely not serious with any of this atm.
Hum.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Scien »

Scien wrote:it doesn't mean there aren't motives for choosing who to target with jokes.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:36 am

Post by ekiM »

What motive are you imputing?
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Scien »

Okay, let's discuss.

Your complaints now are what? That I am making a big deal about it? And that you saw a scum do that before?

I don't think I am making a huge deal about it, I just think its odd and feel it is worth a vote and discussion.

And I don't see how that sample size of one is enough to call a scum tell.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Zorblag »

Unvote: AGar

Vote: ODDin
for being the first person alphabetically not to have posted yet.

This be a test to see how strictly the rules will be enforced. Troll no be sure whether the unvoting and the bottom of the post part are requests or rules.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:44 am

Post by ekiM »

ekiM wrote:What motive are you imputing?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Zorblag »

Raskol wrote:
ekiM wrote:Last time I saw someone get worked up over an obvious joke in RVS, they were scum.
Last time I caught someone doing something I found scummy in the RVS, I voted for them.
Last time Troll saw someone hammer it was scum. That no makes hammering something Troll finds scummy.

If ekiM thinks that this issue does be something scummy it seems likely that we'll see some further indication (perhaps like the conversation happening now.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Scien »

Who knows. I don't know his motives.

I am merely saying that all actions have motives.

In this case, his jokes claimed that I was using WIFOM defenses and overstretching questions. Subtly.

Was it because he was just picking a target and acting like he saw scum tells? Maybe.
Was it because he wanted to subtly suggest that I use WIFOM, and stretch facts? Maybe.

There's no way to know, and that IS WIFOM.

However, him suggesting things that in the future could be considered scummy over pretty much nothing, is enough for my vote at the moment whether he was joking or not and much better than voting for someone for pregame stuff.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 am

Post by ekiM »

So you're voting him because he made an action, and all actions have motives, and some motives are scummy motives? Do you not see the problem here?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”