Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Haylen »

Basically, Sposh. You're at L-1, and you should claim. I've already claimed during the game. IJust in case, i'm forgetting and thinking of a different game i'll do it again.

Claim: VT
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #10 of Day 2

Haylen (4) <-~ MichelSableheart, Netopalis, Sposh, Vel-Rahn Koon
Sposh (4) <-~ Jase, Haylen, Bwian, Nachomamma8

With 8 alive, 5 will do it.

1 more day (24 hours and 10 minutes) until deadline wrote:
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sposh wrote:Uhh... I'm lost o_O
It's a post like this that makes me want Sposh dead. He comes back after an absense, posts "I don't know what is going on", then leaves again. He KNOWS how to play the game; he defended himself during day 1 and even did a *tiny* little bit of scumhunting, but once day 2 started, he simply voted Haylen and let everyone else do the dirty work. Every once in a while he sees who the catch of the day is and states his suspicions of them, but other than that, he does NOTHING. All he is doing is being active enough to avoid being placed; he's not even bothering to pretend to scumhunt.

Haylen, on the other hand, is POSTING, and she will be around tomorrow. Why not lynch the inactive scum now, and Haylen tomorrow? That way, we'll have more evidence on her to work with and we can make a more informed decision, and Sposh will be out of the way.

Right now, we effectively have one shot to hit the scum before we go into LyLo, which is something we should keep in mind as a worst case scenario. If we lynch Haylen and Haylen is town, tomorrow we'll have 6 people left, and we will most likely no lynch to lower the lynch pool candidates. Sposh will be alive, and his play won't most likely change much. If this is due to his newbieness and he is town, we're effectively screwed.

If we lynch Sposh and Sposh is town, we have tons of games to analyze if we want to look up Haylen meta, and we'll also have some posts to work with in order to better judge her alignment, and I feel like a TownHaylen will prove a far greater asset in LyLo than a TownSposh, and I also feel we can make a much better decision with a whole other day of posts to analyze her alignment.

The other point I'd like to bring up is the fact that we will get more information from Sposh's lynch than Haylen's. Almost everybody has attacked Haylen since the beginning of day 2, and the reason most of us are on Sposh's bandwagon is simply because his scumminess has been so obvious and blunt. They are both fairly suspicious characters at this point. However, there have been people who have hung back on the Sposh wagon and only decided to lynch when their actions were criticized. If Sposh is scum, we'll have a lot better chance day 3 on determining his scumbuddy than if Haylen is.

Unfortunately, I'm using Mafia as an excuse not to work on my English paper right now, so I'll have to edit that tomorrow. I will be on this topic at 5:30 PM EST tomorrow, an hour and a half until then. If Sposh is not dead at that time, I will hammer Haylen.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

EBWOP: The last paragraph should read:

Unfortunately, I'm using Mafia as an excuse not to work on my English paper right now, so I'll have to edit that tomorrow. I will be on this topic at 5:30 PM EST tomorrow, an hour and a half until
deadline
. If Sposh is not dead at that time, I will hammer Haylen.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Haylen »

It's posts like the one above that make me think Nacho isnt scum.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I want to hear Sposh's claim...but I can definitely see the logic and would be willing to hammer.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Jase »

Ok, I'm still all feverish and such, but since I haven't made a post of substance today I'll just say that it looks a lot like there is a connection between haylen and nacho looking at 477-479.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Because of my defense of her, or because of her buddying up to me?

Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Bwian »

Looks like a one way relationship to me. Haylen being desperate and everything that doesn't put her in the spotlight appeal to her at this moment.

Similiar to what Nacho says I to would prefer to see Sposh lynched. It stands between those two and I think we have more information to gain from flipping Sposhs role card and I expect Haylen to provide more information D3 than we'll ever get from Sposh.

Sposh is playing as if he doesn't care much for who get lynched. I'm thinking he gets his share of killing during the night.
If I'm not back in five just wait longer.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Haylen wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Brilliant! I can't wait to blow holes in that case as well!
Again, you are not playing as though you are part of the town team. It isn't up to you to defend a person, they're meant to defend themselves. If I'm still alive tomorrow, I'm going for your lynch.
What the heck are you talking about? I'm defending
MYSELF
. Who else is going to defend me?

This is what I'm talking about. This is why you're getting my vote today instead of Sposh. Your attack is based completely on a misrepresentation of what I said, which is another Straw Man argument, and then you're spinning it at the end with your threat to add punch to it.
Haylen wrote:
Vel wrote: I can't lynch you by myself, so don't make it sound like I've concocted some crazy scheme to get you lynched.
Im suggesting the you and your scumbuddy have concocted a crazy scheme to mislynch me.

If you think I have the wrong fallcality, then which one have you actually committed, because by saying that you are agreeing that you have made one and are therefore being scummy.
Well that's utterly brilliant. I replaced in during Day 2. When was I supposed to talk to my partner to concoct this scheme of yours? Any partner you think I have I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO TALK TO!

How do you base a case against someone using this kind of logic? You can't say I'm scum with X player and that we're out to get you when, if I was scum, I would never have had a chance to talk to that person so we could decide who we are going to go after!

Again, you're acting desperate and are grasping at straws, and every post you make makes it more and more obvious that you're just trying to save your own skin. I've answered every single one of the points you brought up against me, and I think that I've shown that you really don't have any case whatsoever against me. Every one of the points in your case has some type of falsehood in them. Townies don't need to lie - this reeks of scum just trying to save their own arse.

Effectively your entire case, after I've shown that all of your attacks are based on lies, is that I used one Appeal to Emotion? And that I had to point out for you!! Wow. Maybe you should go back and answer all the other points I made against your argument. You know, the one you blew off with Post 469. But you can't can you? Because you can't answer any of those points against you if you're lying out of desperation to keep from getting lynched.

@Nacho:

I understand what you're getting at in post 477, and I can see your logic here as well.

Yes Haylen IS posting, but do you really think that the points she's making against me now or anyone else previously this game day point toward her being Town? Do we really want to go on a lurker hunt now? 9 hours before deadline (at this point)? This should have been brought up DAYS ago, not the day before deadline. This is the kind of thing that led to the No-Lynch yesterday.

And as I've pointed out, Haylen has already brought up the fact that she is aware of her meta (Post 384). This completely negates your point about being able to go back during the Night phase and analyze her that way, since if she's aware of her meta she has already taken steps to counter that tactic.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Haylen »

I would really appreciate it if you quit misrepping me. You're rhetorical questions support my evidence to suggest that you've been set on getting a mislynch on me for ages.
vel wrote: since if she's aware of her meta she has already taken steps to counter that tactic.
Do you realise how illogical what your saying is? Why on earth would a player as scum play crapply so they conform with their town meta? That's called playing against your win con, which im pretty sure you can get modkilled for or at least forcibly replaced.

I'm not grasping at straws, I think you're pushing for a mislynch with me though. Look at the punchuation marks and the language. Emotive language. Cap locks for emphasis.

If anybody went back and read you in iso, they would see what I mean.

And you were defending sposh, dont be ridiculous.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Haylen wrote:I would really appreciate it if you quit misrepping me. You're rhetorical questions support my evidence to suggest that you've been set on getting a mislynch on me for ages.
vel wrote: since if she's aware of her meta she has already taken steps to counter that tactic.
Do you realise how illogical what your saying is? Why on earth would a player as scum play crapply so they conform with their town meta? That's called playing against your win con, which im pretty sure you can get modkilled for or at least forcibly replaced.

I'm not grasping at straws, I think you're pushing for a mislynch with me though. Look at the punchuation marks and the language. Emotive language. Cap locks for emphasis.

If anybody went back and read you in iso, they would see what I mean.

And you were defending sposh, dont be ridiculous.
If you are going to say that I am misrepresenting you, you need to show where I am doing so. Just saying it doesn't make it true, although on the surface, if no one digs too far, they may believe it. By just saying I am misrepresenting you, you are using an Appeal to Emotion. Go back and dig up a post to show proof.

There's almost no such thing as playing against your win condition as scum. The only time scum play against their win condition is when they out their partner. Playing against your win condition means that you are doing something directly against winning the game, and by setting up a WIFOM with your meta you are actually helping yourself win the game as scum, because you're confusing the issue and sowing the seeds of doubt.

And that is a WIFOM statement. Why
wouldn't
a player as scum play badly so they can conform to their meta? That question applies to both sets of conditions, and so leads to circular reasoning.

Where was I defending sposh please.

And you are grasping at straws. When every single one of your arguments can be shown to be based on lies and falsehoods, that's grasping at straws and hoping you can push a bad case that no one will call you on.

And yes I'm pushing for your lynch because by far you've been the scummiest-acting person this day.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm not scummy. I've being trying to find scum. And your attacking of my when im giving EVIDENCE to you being scum suggests that I was right. You are scum. You're so getting lynched tomorrow, if i survive til it.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Haylen wrote:I'm not scummy. I've being trying to find scum. And your attacking of my when im giving EVIDENCE to you being scum suggests that I was right. You are scum. You're so getting lynched tomorrow, if i survive til it.

But you haven't given any evidence. Every piece of evidence you've brought up I have shown to be drawn from either bad logic or outright falsehoods. And you've never bothered to respond to any of my counter points. Instead you rspond with posts like "Haylen says "Pfft." To that. She's busy explaining why you're scum with Sposh.", as if you're trying to go for the emotional support of the Town by dismissing the logic in my argument and hoping no one is paying attention.

The simple fact is that you can't bring up any evidence for me being scum, because there is none. You're the scum here, and therefore you have to concoct any case against another player, whether that's me, or Michel, or Sposh, or anyone else.

You've been trying to find scum? When? You have experience with this game. Would you believe someone else if they said "so and so is scummy" and left it at that? Because that's what you've been doing all along. How does that even remotely resemble scum hunting? At best it's anti-Town, because you're not providing your logic for your suspects, and therefore you have zero chance of convincing anyone. At worst it's scummy because you're cruising along doing the minimum and just fence-sitting, hoping no one notices. Based on everything I've seen just from today, never mind the unvote yesterday, I'm going for worst.

I find it funny that you say you were "scum hunting", and yet you didn't put much thought or effort into any case today until I showed up. You took my PBPA and used it as a springboard to jump off of, because you knew that all the arguments people were making for you being scum based on the Unovte yesterday couldn't be countered. That's just opportunistic. And it's scummy. Everything about every single one of your cases on me has been filled with Appeals to Emotion, because that's the only way you can hope to fool the town into not seeing that all your cases are complete garbage.

I don't believe you're a Town-aligned player Haylen. I think everything you've done today has been completely scummy and I don't see how you can say otherwise. Maybe when you've been lynched out of the game and have a few days to calm down you'll be able to look back on your play with a critical eye and see just how scummy you've been.

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:04 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Sposh already claimed in post #430.

Seeing the discussion between Haylen and VRK, the first thought going through my mind is 'so she can participate!'. I hope she manages to actually scumhunt rather then just throwing whatever she can find at her attackers tomorrow.

That being said, nachomamma's argument has been pretty strong. Haylen is defending herself, whereas Sposh isn't doing anything. Besides, the verocity of VRK's attack on Haylen, after supporting a Sposh lynch just a short while ago, doesn't sit well with me at all.

6 hours to deadline, and the last post I'll be able to make today. Time to do what I told others to.

Unvote

Vote: Sposh
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Netopalis »

Fair enough. Here's hoping we were right!
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Bwian »

Incognito wrote:
Vote Count #10 of Day 2

Haylen (4) <-~ MichelSableheart, Netopalis, Sposh, Vel-Rahn Koon
Sposh (4) <-~ Jase, Haylen, Bwian, Nachomamma8

MichelSableHeart wrote:
Vote: Sposh

That's 5. Lot's of interesting posts up until deadline. Looking forward to examining those in new light tomorrow.[/b]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Incognito »

Incognito's Final Vote Count of Day 2 wrote:
Haylen (3) <-~ Netopalis, Sposh, Vel-Rahn Koon
Sposh (5) <-~ Jase, Haylen, Bwian, Nachomamma8, MichelSableheart

It was an unsettling sight to see YamiJoey sprawled on the ground with those pox-like lesions all over his body. But maybe, just maybe, that sight provided just the right amount of motivation for you to want to rid this town of the filth that was the Bunny Mafia family. After not being able to make a decision yesterday, you all are able to finally come to a decision today -- you decide that this Sposh guy looks shady enough and has done shady enough things to be a mafioso.

"But but but... I'm confused!!" shouted Sposh. "I didn't do anything!"

Unfortunately for Sposh, his whims weren't met with hesitance when his body was dragged up to the gallows. A few twitches of the body later and Sposh was hanging dead... in a noose. A swift search of his wallet produced his identification card.

*gasp* He really was telling the truth about his identity!

Sposh,
Townie
, lynched Day 2
It is now Night 2. Please submit any and all Night actions to me within 72 hours from the timestamp of this post. Day 3 will begin on Monday, November 16th at 3 P.M. EST.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Incognito »

Things were looking a bit grim for the town. Two townies had died, and the paranoia of new deaths was making everyone restless. Another night passed and another death occurred at the hands of the Bunny Mafia family. Who was it this time, you ask?

Well, the person's face was so badly pox-marked that it was a bit hard to decipher his identity. When you all looked a bit closer, you realized it was MichelSableheart who was the latest victim of those vicious Bunny Mafiaosos. MichelSableheart's body was turned upside down and was tied against a fence post. And again the pox-like tumors of myxomatosis along with the foaming mouth was enough to make even the strongest of stomachs want to keel over after being overwhelmed with nausea. A quick check of his pulse revealed that he was also dead.

MichelSableheart,
Townie
, killed Night 2
It is now Day 3. With 6 alive, 4 votes will do it. Your D3 deadline is set for Monday, December 7th at 4 P.M. EST.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Netopalis »

Great....just great.....Alright, everyone, put down your suspicions - would you rather lynch VRK or Haylen today and why?

Personally, I think that these are the only two options, and I feel that Haylen is the best one. Her play seems oddly defensive and she really should have known better about the no lynch day 1.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Haylen »

I would like to see VRK lynched for the reasons I put forth at the end of Day Two, and I agree, i should've known better about the no lynch on day one.

Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Bwian »

Netopalis wrote:Great....just great.....Alright, everyone, put down your suspicions - would you rather lynch VRK or Haylen today and why?

Personally, I think that these are the only two options, and I feel that Haylen is the best one. Her play seems oddly defensive and she really should have known better about the no lynch day 1.
We lynched the wrong person. In my world that means back to the drawing table. I need to reevaluate everyone and I wont clear anyones name at the time being.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Jase »

I'm leaning towards haylen. She really seemed to crack yesterday, and that's not what I'd expect from a seasoned player.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Netopalis wrote:Great....just great.....Alright, everyone, put down your suspicions - would you rather lynch VRK or Haylen today and why?

Vote: Netopalis

I think you are the best one, actually. Who said that there are two options? Look at all of the possibilities and don't try to direct the crowd into lynching yesterday's top suspects.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* We suspected them for good reasons. Those reasons are still valid.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”