he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You're not scum, are you LL?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Are you scum, LL? Did we just lose?
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Vi »

...My queen... Please wait... Please permit me... to...accompany you.

Vote Count:

fuzzylightning (LYNCH) ~ VP Baltar, Kmd4390, saberwolf, Locke Lamora

Not Voting:
DTMaster, fuzzylightning, Goatrevolt,
Kmd4390, Locke Lamora, saberwolf

--With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
--Deadline is Saturday, November 14 2009.
(Only got 2 days left)

saberwolf - 46
DTMaster - 28
fuzzylightning - 19

Goatrevolt - 37
Kmd4390 - 55
Locke Lamora - 25
VP Baltar - 62

People in danger of an inactivity modkill:

fuzzylightning
Generously spared...

-----

--- fuzzylightning ---
Rafiel, Townie Blessing (Post Fountain)
--- Lynched Day 4...

-A win condition has been satisfied!

Twang!

--- saberwolf ---
Laura, Townie Cleric (Vanilla)
--- Arrow-filleted to Endgame Day 4.

Rip!

--- Goatrevolt ---
Makalov, Townie Layabout (Vanilla)
--- Cut Open to Endgame Day 4.

POP!

--- VP Baltar ---
Zihark, Townie Vigilante (Vanilla)
--- Electrocuted with a Waffle Iron to Endgame Day 4.

...wait, what? What's a waffle iron?
The two possessed Mafiates turned toward the sound of the modern device, but the perpetrator had already left...

--- Locke Lamora ---
Tarhalindur, Bastard Operator over Mafia
, Mafia Traitor (JOAT from Hell)
--- Fulfilled his Win Condition and Sublimated Out Day 4!!!

The two remaining Mafiates looked at each other with apathy. He hastened their goal of crippling Micaiah's army and is now gone, so what's the problem?

--- Kmd4390 ---
Shinon, Berserk Mafia Individual (Cap-Immune)
--- Survived Day 4!!!

--- DTMaster ---
Mia, Berserk Mafia Duelist (Vanilla)
--- Survived Day 4!

-Game Over!

Decision

Town
...|
Loses...

Berserk
|
Wins!

Traitor
..|
Wins!

The setup is coming in the next post, and after that I'll unlock the thread.
In the meantime, here's a bonus, since there's no image for the BOFH.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Vi »

Setup summary:
The Mafia Traitor is, of course, always Mafia.
The remaining two Mafiosi were chosen randomly from the eleven remaining player slots, five of which were power roles... that may or may not have had any actual power.
Voices of Yune (mod information) were predetermined and shuffled between the Role PMs randomly.
~Locke Lamora~

Modgods need no flavor text.

Welcome to Tellius and Mafia of Order. You are
Tarhalindur, Bastard Operator over Mafia
, Mafia Traitor (JOAT from Hell)
. You got bored, as happens so often. So you did a little hacking, sacrificed a few babies (or interns - not much difference), and fell into this game as Player 13. But it looks the portal dropped you on top of one of the players with a nice spine-snapping
crunch
. Looks like just 12 players after all. It'll take a while for you to get enough power back to warp out, so you're stuck here for a while trying to be someone else for a while, but y'know what? Having people out to kill you is just like your old job, except this time they're actually able to make you do more than yawn. So this might actually be interesting. You just need a good falseclaim to blend in. The person you killed should do...

mv P12.shape Tar.shape

...You only just realized that the player you killed was a bird-person. You feel like a cosplayer. Well, demons can't be choosers. Time to meddle!

These are your abilities.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You are limited to 60 posts in this game.

(F)
who
You know the scum in this game are Mia, Mafia Duelist (
DTMaster
) and Shinon, Mafia Individual (
Kmd4390
). They do not know you exist, and you may not contact them. You do not know if they have any nonfactional abilities.

(F)
Tarhalindur's Falseclaim!
Once during the game you may send me a name and a list of abilities. I will return to you a false Role PM that matches your request as well as I can get it at my earliest convenience.

(I)
Tarhalindur's Safeclaim!
You know that Janaff, the right wing of Hawk King Tibarn, is not in this game. You also know that Nephenee, the little soldier that could who hails from Crimea's countryside, is not in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"I wonder how important the post count restriction is anyway...?"

(A)
World Domination from any Unix Terminal!
You have four one-shot abilities. You may only use one per Night.
*finger - Identify a player's role name.
*rm -r - Delete all existing posts from one player.
*gzip -a - Lower the word quota for a single player to 200 per post. This effect persists until you die.
*chmod o-r -a - Roleblock a player. This effect persists until you die.

(W)
Win Condition.
You win if the Mafia (including yourself) comprises at least half of the Town. If both of the Mafiosi die, you lose.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.
------
@@ TWO
------
~Cobalt~

You can't allow anyone to know what you can do. Healing without any tomes or staves is a rare gift--almost unheard of. If anyone saw you doing it, you'd be given away immediately, and I don't know if I could keep you safe.

Welcome to Mafia of Order. You are
Micaiah, Townie Priestess (Sacrificer)
. The hopes and praises of the crushed country of Daein weigh heavily on your shoulders, Maiden of Miracles. Your friends and enemies alike have come to trust your tactical prowess as well as your kind heart, and will support you to the end.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 85 posts in this game.

(F)
Micaiah's Falseclaim!
Once during the game you may send me a name and a list of abilities. I will return to you a false Role PM that matches your request as well as I can get it at my earliest convenience.

(I)
Micaiah's Safeclaim!
If you wish to hide whether you are a power role, you know that Leonardo, the Dawn Brigade's Archer and a child who has seen too much destruction and death for his age, is not in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"450 words is a lot. Think of trimming your posts after making them rather than having to conserve words as you write them."

(A)
Sacrifice.
At Night, you may PM me a target and the number of posts you would like to subtract from your Post Count Restriction. The person you target will have that number added to their Post Count Restriction. This ability will fail if your target dies overnight.

(W)
Win Condition.
You win when all of the Mafia players are dead.

------
@@ THREE
------
~Kmd4390~

You're chasing after a laguz now?
Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt. Tell me I'm wrong!

Shinon, Mafia Individual (Cap-Immune)
. A mercenary that doesn't like people in general but hangs around anyway, you aren't interested in this vote or word count nonsense. You're an expert at what you do, and while you don't mind challenge at all in your boring life, pointless challenge only adds to the tedium.

Having been berserked by Lehran, you're now even less inclined to care about the people around you. Mia seems to have gotten even more clueless since you last saw her, too. As long as she's on your side, you don't really care what happened to her dream world. You just have this urge to kill people, and you've never been one to deny yourself.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You are completely unaffected by all word and post caps. You can say as much as you want as much as you want.

(F)
Bond of Ashera.
You may speak with your ally Mia (
DTMaster
) at any time in this QuickTopic.

(F)
Berserk Rage.
You and your ally share a factional kill. At Night you may tell me how you want to use it.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"There are ways to raise your post cap, but I'm not telling what they are!"

(W)
Win Condition.
You win when the Mafia comprises at least half of the Town, or nothing can prevent the same.

------
@@ FOUR
------
~Debonair Danny DiPietro~

Crimea's Keystone, Bastian:
Bastian's unparalleled diplomatic skills ensured that many treaties were signed, spreading peace across Tellius.

Bastian, Townie Liaison (Neighborizer)
. Your pompous verbosity and rather pathetic attempts to steal Lucia's heart belie your wit and discretion as one of Crimea's most trusted retainers. You have spent most of the last year in hiding, on your own missions... It wouldn't hurt you much to do it again now.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 65 posts in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"? ... I believe there is a Traitor somewhere among these players."

(A)
Channel of Negotiation.
Once during the game you may PM me the name of someone you would like to open communications with. I will open a QuickTopic where you may speak with that person at Night for the rest of the game.

(W)
Win Condition.

------
@@ FIVE
------
~fuzzylightning~

Wherever the queen goes, I follow. I practice seid magic... Even if I cannot fight, I can lend strength to my friends and companions.

Rafiel, Townie Blessing (Post Fountain)
. As mild-mannered and calm as the Herons should be, you are a righteous - if terribly frail - creature after the spirit of Order. You are not accustomed to fighting, but you are not interested in seeing needless violence happen to anyone if possible.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 50 posts in this game.

(F)
Rafiel's Falseclaim!

(I)
Rafiel's Safeclaim!
If you wish to hide the fact that you are a power role, you know that Volug, the silent wolfkin that travels at Queen Nailah's side, is not in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"Power roles were assigned independently of alignment..."

(P)
Blessing.
As long as you are alive, each player's Post Count Restriction will be increased by 7 posts every Night.

(W)
Win Condition.

------
@@ SIX
------
~Juls~

Our loyalty lies with you, Empress Sanaki. You will always be our empress. Please do not forget that.

Tanith, Townie Guardian (Permanent and Total Protector)
. You have served Empress Sanaki since the her coronation, and would gladly give your life for her. Empress Sanaki has not been seen recently, but it seems there is a threat to her allies. Upon your word and your life, you will not let any harm befall her friends.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 60 posts in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"I wonder... What is the difference between conserving posts and lurking?"

(A)
Guardian Seraph.
Once during the game you may target one player. Any (A) or (F) ability performed by an anti-Town player will not affect that player until you die.

(W)
Win Condition.

------
@@ SEVEN
------
~a cold starry night~

Carefree Saint, Laura:
Laura returned to her home's church and became a mother to many orphans, all of whom loved her gentleness.

Laura, Townie Cleric (Vanilla)
. A quiet, Ashera-fearing priestess from rural Daein, you wish to help your friends in any way you can - even if you probably couldn't hurt a fly if you wanted to.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 50 posts in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"I sense at least two power roles in this setup..."

(W)
Win Condition.

------
@@ EIGHT
------
~Goatrevolt~

Are you blind, Astrid? It's the night before a mission, and that fool is stinking drunk. Probably gambled all his money away, too. And you! You follow him around mooning over him and cleaning up his messes! Do you have no pride, girl? What the man needs is someone to slap some sense into him.

Makalov, Townie Layabout (Vanilla)
. A gambler, liar, swindler, and loser all at the same time, you are trying to earn enough money to get out of debt in the service of Crimea. Fortunately, Lady Astrid is helping subsidize your lifestyle... but... even with her help you're only breaking even. At least you have her undying devotion, for some reason.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 90 posts in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"I counted three roles with falseclaims in this game."

(W)
Win Condition.

------
@@ NINE
------
~Sotty7~

I'll have to remember her name. She likes to feed me.

Ilyana, Townie Merchant (Vanilla)
. You travel with the merchant caravan as protection, and you get paid in food. Your ability to eat everything and occasionally everyONE in sight is more renowned than your ability to protect things, though. Always famished and thin enough to make a rail jealous, you can always get someone to feed you. Hopefully that can translate into Mafia skill!

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 60 posts in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"Each player has heard the voice of Yune. However, it may not be wise for everyone to claim what they heard immediately..."

(W)
Win Condition.

------
@@ TEN
------
~SensFan~

Thrown around by Skrimir, cornered by General Zelgius, and now this. Can someone tell me why I always seem to pull the short straw?

Ranulf, Townie Adjutant (Vanilla)
. You are the top lieutenant in Gallia and direct aide to Prince Skrimir, in addition to Gallia's chief diplomat. What this means in practice is that you wind up thrown into every mess in the beast kingdom, with the feeling of your bones breaking starting to become a regular occurrence. Through it all, you've kept a sense of humor that will hopefully propel you through this experience as well...

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 80 posts in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"I'm pretty sure there are three Win Conditions in this game..."

(W)
Win Condition.

------
@@ ELEVEN
------
~VP Baltar~

That's right, I'm a deserter. I don't have to defend my decision. I made the right choice.

Zihark, Townie Vigilante (Vanilla)
. You turned your back on the human race, and sell your sword for whoever will buy your meals. But in your travels, you have made many friends through the righteous Ike and Micaiah. With renewed purpose, you will fight to the death for those you care about. This particular arrangement tears you apart inside... War is so senseless.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 70 posts in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"The mod is keeping track of how many posts everyone has used. Don't rely on viewing yourself in isolation..."

(W)
Win Condition.

------
@@ TWELVE
------
~DTMaster~

I was pretty close to beating you, last time. So c'mon! The longer we wait, the less I'm gonna remember about how I got that close!

Mia, Mafia Duelist (Vanilla)
. You joined Ike's mercenaries of your own volition in hopes of finding someone who can become your lifelong rival! ...But it hasn't happened yet. Until then, you train tirelessly so that you can defeat said rival in a duel at dawn! Perhaps you'll finally find your ultimate opponent in this game?

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 65 posts in this game.

(F)
Bond of Ashera.
You may speak with your ally Shinon (Kmd4390) at any time in this QuickTopic.

(F)
Berserk Rage.
You and your ally share a factional kill. At Night you may tell me how you want to use it.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"If everyone posted once a day, I don't think there would be any overactivity modkills."

(W)
Win Condition.
You win when the Mafia comprises at least half of the Town, or nothing can prevent the same.

-----

DAY 1 ACTIONS:

Cobalt - Requests falseclaim (Lekain, Mafia Godfather)

DAY 1 RETURNS:
~Cobalt~

I hope I've made myself clear.
No matter how you struggle, you have no choice but to follow the orders given to you by the empire.
No matter how noble your motives, defiance against us will result in the death of your nation.
This you must never forget.

Lekain, Mafia "Chosen One" (Godfather)
. You have devoted your life to Ashera - not so much out of piety, but rather for power. You will stop at nothing to quell this legion of blasphemers and attain your rightful place at the right hand of the Goddess herself!

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make 85 posts in this game.

(F)
Senatorial Conspiracy.
You may speak with your allies _______ ( _____ ), _______ ( ________ ), and _______ ( _______ ) in this QuickTopic at Night only.

(F)
Light of Judgment.
Your party shares a factional kill. At Night, you may send the mod a PM detailing which of your allies is killing whom.

(F)
Lekain's Falseclaim!

(I)
Lekain's Safeclaim!
You know that Micaiah, the embodiment of the hopes and dreams of the crushed country of Daein, is not in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"450 words is a lot. Think of trimming your posts after making them rather than having to conserve words as you write them."

(P)
Peerless Peerage.
Any investigations that target you will return whatever would fit a Vanilla Townie.

(W)
Win Condition.
You win if nothing can prevent the Mafia from making itself the only faction in the game.

---

NIGHT 1 ACTIONS:

Locke Lamora - Permablocks Cobalt (successful)
Juls - Permaprotects Goatrevolt (successful)
Debonair Danny DiPietro - Neighborizes VP Baltar (fails as DDD is lynched)
Cobalt - Sacrifices 2 posts to VP Baltar (fails, as Locke Lamora is permablocking Cobalt)
Mafia - M-kills Juls

NIGHT 1 STATA:

Cobalt - ROLEBLOCKED--
ACTION->VP Baltar

GoatRevolt - GUARDED--
VP Baltar -
BLOCKED SACRIFICE!

All Players - POSTS+7
Juls - M-KILLED

NIGHT 1 RETURNS:

All players: "Your post cap has increased to ____."

---

NIGHT 2 ACTIONS:

Locke Lamora - Deletes all of Kmd4390's posts (successful)
Mafia - M-kills Sotty7 (successful)

NIGHT 2 STATA:

Kmd4390 - DELETED
Sotty7 - M-KILLED

NIGHT 2 RETURNS:

All players: "Your post cap has increased to _____."

----

NIGHT 3 ACTIONS:

Locke Lamora - Role Cops SensFan (successful)
Mafia - M-kills SensFan (successful)

Locke Lamora: Requests falseclaim (Janaff, Townie Watcher)

NIGHT 3 STATA:

SensFan - M-KILLED R-COPPED

NIGHT 3 RETURNS:

Locke Lamora: "SensFan's role is
Ranulf, Townie Adjutant (Vanilla)

All players: "Your post cap has increased to ____."
~Locke Lamora~

I've been with you since we were kids, Tibarn. I'm still here now. No matter what happens, I'll be here. It just wouldn't be right if I didn't offer my life for yours. Phoenicis needs you now more than ever.

Janaff, Townie Watcher (Role COAT)
. The right hand of the king of Phoenicis, Tibarn, you are one of the last Hawks still able to fight after Kilvas' betrayal. With no home to return to, you've stood by Tibarn and his allies in Begnion and the Greil Mercenaries through the end of the world, and you will continue defending your friends even now.

(F)
Post Count Restriction.
You may only make
74 posts in this game.

(F)
Janaff's Falseclaim!

(I)
Janaff's Safeclaim!
If you wish to hide whether you are a power role, you know that Nephenee, the little soldier that could who hails from Crimea's countryside, is not in this game.

(I)
Voice of Yune.
"I wonder how important the post count restriction is anyway...?"

(A)
Insight.
You have three one-shot abilities. At Night you may PM the mod with which you would like to use.
*Identify a player's flavor name (i.e. Watcher Janaff)
*Identify a player's ability (i.e. Role COAT)
*Identify a player's post cap (i.e. 60)

(W)
Win Condition.

-----

Setup notes (modified from talking to Juls D2)
*What if I held a Mafia game, and nobody showed up?
*All Voices of Yune were accurate. Both DDD and SensFan PMd me about whether they should take the wording "I think" and "I sense" as something other than 100% confirmation. I decided to go ahead and tell them it wasn't for the WIFOM factor and the "I meant what I said" factor.
*Alignments (with the exception of the Traitor) and Voices of Yune were distributed randomly (Kmd: Why would I need to know that there are ways I can raise my post cap?). However, I really like how the setup came out. Once again random.org does the best job~
*Juls' role title was retconned to "protector" after I noticed "bodyguard" had a different meaning than I wanted. "Ward" would probably be the most precise name for the role, but that sounds so... unimpressive.
*As far as I'm concerned, all of the business with the post count restriction is a giant red herring, and if that wasn't obvious already, it certainly should have been after everyone received 7 extra posts when they weren't anywhere close to using them all up at the end of Day 1. Similarly, the word count was (in practice) basically an excuse for me to edit the posts of people I find obnoxious.
*What that means is that the only "real" power roles in the game are the Neighborizer, Guardian, and Traitor/JOAT. Perhaps not surprisingly, the Town roles were the first people killed.
*Because of the relative lack of power roles in this game, the scumteam is strong - but brittle. If one of them dies, the game gets much tougher for the other two.
*The original setup used two-week deadlines and each player had 10 more posts, but I decided in the end to make the post cap less of a threat (and it already wasn't much of a threat).
*I expected this setup to be the Mafia equivalent of a traffic accident (everyone told me "as soon as Town sees the post cap they'll all start lurking"). It kind of WAS a traffic accident, but not for that reason. So to an extent this has been a success!
*The scum so far are... actually kind of exposed (as of D2). There will be a lot of people going into self-loathing cycles if Kmd or Locke Lamora actually live to endgame... which at the rate everyone's going, they probably will.
*Juls would probably be the only person in this game who knows what the BOFH is... and in her case, she didn't. I totally just made the Unix stuff up on the spot, and were it not for Juls' advice I wouldn't be able to tell you if any of those commands would work.
*I was completely taken by surprise when Cobalt asked for a Mafia Godfather Role PM. I wasn't sure what to do, asked a few people what I should do, and came up with a role PM that was... sort of similar. Obviously the only part he wanted to know was the Win Condition. In the end I gave him something else that was similar. The fact that the person who knew there was a Traitor in the setup died without saying what he knew meant that everyone was going to find out what that third Win Condition was the hard way.
*The BaM No Replacement policy hurt this game... but at the same time I don't know if it would have changed the outcome. Townplay was basically terrible.
*VP Baltar is correct that I dislike Cops and that I would absolutely force a role-based dilemma. But random.org said no to the dilemma, and I
do
like flavor investigation.
*Town MVP was VP Baltar, easily. Honorary scum... probably SensFan.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

What a surprise.

DDD, I'm sorry about your lynch and its probably my only regret in this game. I was just getting antsy Day1 and was really displeased with all of the options presented. It was a hard way to learn about your trend analysis. If we had lynched elsewhere, we would have been much better off and I think you and I could have won this game. :( Apologies.

There was essentially no way for the town to win this game given the players on the town's side (apart Juls and Sotty). I basically had all of the scum fingered at one point or another (why oh why did I not follow through with either DT or LL lynches!) and all I would have needed was a little participation from the town members to reassure me that you weren't scum lurking your way to victory.

Once again, not trusting your original suspicions = losing games. I'm sort of hating myself for not getting my top suspects lynched when I had the chances, but I don't see what I could really change with no real team support.

I'm very curious why the scum team kept me around.

GG scum. I think DT would have been the hardest to pick out simply because I had him pegged as VI after awhile with his incessent flavor discussion. Even if we had lynched LL and Kmd, Goat probably would have had to convince me to lynch DT over fuzzy, whose voting record was completely awful.

Mafia is a team game folks. Don't sign up for games if you dont' want to play.

Sens, play better. Seriously. I know you are capable and a smart guy. You've basically been a liability to the town in the last two games I have been in with you.

Thanks for the game Vi. Once again, your modding and setups are top notch. I think I'm starting to figure out your style, so I'm expecting that to be completely subverted in the next one. :P
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:56 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Bah. I failed pretty hard in this game, sorry about that. The only scum I was somewhat onto was DT, but after I died I became convinced VP was scum so even in death I sucked, ha!

Vi is quickly becoming one of my fav mods, another great setup.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Vi »

The scum chose kills that wouldn't lead anywhere for information. They almost killed their Traitor... twice.

Oh, one other thing. All the FE avatars you've been seeing aboot the site come from this site.
Pick one you like, take it to me or someone else who can make it transparent, and watch as people comment on how stylish you are!
Results not guaranteed.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You thought I was scum after I tried to avenge your death, Sotty? :(
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VP Baltar wrote:DDD, I'm sorry about your lynch and its probably my only regret in this game. I was just getting antsy Day1 and was really displeased with all of the options presented. It was a hard way to learn about your trend analysis. If we had lynched elsewhere, we would have been much better off and I think you and I could have won this game. :( Apologies.
It happens, I figure M98 was still prominent in your mind and when I was "undercontributing" on day one you weren't going to let me get away with the same thing, but the more minimalist style (especially on D1) is the way my general play has gone regardless of alignment. And yes the trend analysis is a real thing, but in this game it failed and failed hard anyways so I'm not sure how much help I would've been anyways.

*Vi, I think if you want to run a theme game in terms of flavor then you need to mostly open it up to general signups for people interested in the flavor. If you want to assemble a good/interesting playerlist then you need to generalize the flavor. Despite the good player list and it being mostly fun for me for the time I was alive, I don't think I'd sign up again to this because I have absolutely no connection with the theme/flavor.

*So I decided to go to the grave with the fact that their was a mafia traitor because I thought it benefited scum to know that more than town. Right or wrong?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think you made the right decision holding on to the mafia traitor thing. It probably would have only been useful if we had lynched the other two scum and didn't see any obvious connections between them and other players. At that point, learning there was a traitor would have allowed us to look at who was protecting them.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Sotty7 »

VP Baltar wrote:You thought I was scum after I tried to avenge your death, Sotty? :(
I did slack of on my keeping up with the game, but as soon as I found out I was dead I was pretty convinced you murdered me. I didn't think anyone else would have as I thought I was pretty scummy in this game. Anyway, aren't you always supposed to be scum VP? :D

I would say your choice was right Triple D, exposing there was a mafia traitor so early would have only helped the scum
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty wrote:Anyway, aren't you always supposed to be scum VP?
I actually told Vi before the game that she had made a mistake, but she didn't believe me.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, scum quicktopic?
YOUR AD HERE

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:46 am

Post by saberwolf »

bah, i should of known to stick with my gut. The entire game I kept saying those three were on my scum list, especially LL. I kept thinking I was being persuaded from lynches that I was sure were scum, but then I reasoned that others were putting a lot more effort into the game than I was, and just to simply trust them, as I was not familiar with the flavour. I kinda figured from the start though that we were gonna lose, but I had expected to be on of the days lynches.

Anyways GG.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Damnit, I just set aside 2 hours to read the game too. I played pretty terribly. I should have stuck harder with my gut on Locke Lamora. The day 2 lynch was sad. We had scum DT getting wagoned, then I tried to derail that wagon onto another scum, LL, and we ended up having two townies wagoned at the end...FL and Cobalt.

I think you made the right choice as well, DDD. The town knowing there is a traitor doesn't help us at all, really, but it definitely helps out the mafia team by letting them read through the thread and figure out who it is.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:40 am

Post by DTMaster »

Lol... yay <3. Though i didn't do anything spectacular except cause lots of confusion. I have no objections to posting the QT for everyone. The Senskill was a giant red herring. Other then that our discussion wasn't that spectacular. We only got a chance to talk once or twice per day :S.

@Town
Actually the very first thing that was posted by Vi was a hint that we shouldn't do flavour analysis. The quote was actually an enemy using a berserk staff on the team (which I HATE SO MUCH, next to sleep). I could have said something right off the bat but withheld it.

@VP
I wanted you guys to push for an LL lynch. Little did I know he was the traitor. D:.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:53 am

Post by DTMaster »

Er fail tags for me.. :<
Fixed. ~Vi
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Vi »

Debonair Danny DiPietro 483 wrote:*Vi, I think if you want to run a theme game in terms of flavor then you need to mostly open it up to general signups for people interested in the flavor. If you want to assemble a good/interesting playerlist then you need to generalize the flavor. Despite the good player list and it being mostly fun for me for the time I was alive, I don't think I'd sign up again to this because I have absolutely no connection with the theme/flavor.

*So I decided to go to the grave with the fact that their was a mafia traitor because I thought it benefited scum to know that more than town. Right or wrong?
1) I see what you're saying; however, because of how the game turned out I'm actually thinking of going the other way and getting more pre-ins than I did for this game.
Besides, there weren't many people onsite who knew the flavor anyway. Some did, many did not. And who knows, you might become interested somewhere along the way. (See: Cowboy Bebop Mafia)
Last, the flavor was already generalized enough. The only time that it should have come into play at all during this game was with obv-protagonist Micaiah, which etc. The whole thing about
roles being independent of alignment
should have given that one away.
To that end, I believe that Townies that knew the flavor would have actually become liabilities and distractions to scumhunting. (Read that again for full effect.)

Usually I come up with the setup first, and then the flavor, and then occasionally I tweak the setup again to better match the flavor.

2) You made the right decision IMO. It wouldn't have helped until you lynched one scum.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Locke being traitor is hilarious. Thought for sure he was town and we had a 3rd party in Saber or VP.

This game was fun.
I'm afraid I'm going to need to redact this... sorry. ~Vi

DT, I enjoyed being scum with you.

Vi, great modding.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

That went well, scumbuddies who didn't know I existed! I struggled for time at various points in the game but when I finally caught up properly on D4, I basically designed my analysis to support more or less what I thought was VP's scumlist. Not quite sure how I didn't get lynched but I guess I have Sens to thank for at least one of those. Fuzzy really made it easy for us at the end too. I deleted all of KMD's posts because I thought people would be reluctant to lynch anyone who they couldn't reread. With DTM attacking him fairly regularly I also figured people wouldn't have them pegged as the pair and as long as one of them survived, we'd win.

Thanks to Vi for modding, awesome job.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You didn't get lynched because apparently the town ignored my case on you. And then they all decided to lurk.

Promise I'll stop being pissed soon.
YOUR AD HERE

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by DTMaster »

;)... I had good reason to ignore it... in hindsight LOL.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

DTMaster wrote:;)... I had good reason to ignore it... in hindsight LOL.
Yeah, it definitely worked in your favor that you did. Can I ask why though? Didn't you guys consider that there was another scum element out there since there were only two of you that you knew about? I thought it was a pretty open and shut case considering his claim was horribad and it made no sense that he wouldn't be roleblocked if he was town, but when I got no support and LL became the only person who appeared to be scumhunting I was essentially cornered with no viable options that would actually allow the town to win.

As far as the discussion about the flavor goes, I simply ignored it since I know nothing about it. I was actually getting very annoyed at DT brining it up constantly (though I did encourage it once after the mass claim). Any good mod makes their games independent of flavor and I don't think you needed to know the flavor of this game at all to figure out who the scum were. It was all right there in thread. Too bad that doesn't auto translate into lynches.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Vi »

Vi 492 wrote:To that end, I believe that Townies that knew the flavor would have actually become liabilities and distractions to scumhunting. (Read that again for full effect.)
When I make a game where you need to know the flavor in order to find scum, I'll tell you.
In fact, I'm fairly sure I said you
didn't
need to know the flavor for this game in the queue...

Flavor IMO is usually something nice to go into the background, a reason to get a different avatar, and maybe an introduction to something you wouldn't have otherwise had contact with.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Juls »

Well scum was right to get rid of me...I was surprised to die because I was playing borderline scummy/townie in order to NOT draw the night kill and be able to protect obvtown Goat (who I thought WOULD draw the night kill). Turns out fingering two of the three scum gets you killed. I just wish someone had thought to go back and figure out WHY I was the choice to get killed. I was on kmd pretty hard at the end of D1 and I had suspected DTMaster as well.

Anyway...good job scum.
-------------------------------------
Juls

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”