Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Amished »

I don't pay attention to jokes either. I didn't even remember my joke to AGar about Berserking... If it's not related to the game at hand, I don't really focus on it. Hell, I forgot that there was a votecount on the page I was asking for regular votecounts on. I only pay attention to joke posts for the sake of joke posts later in the game since I view that to be
solidly
quite scummy. (until a recent game...)
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

*slap*

Pay attention to joke posts, pay attention to vote counts and pay attention to where your vote is.

And get some sleep :D
I'm old now.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Amished »

huh? wha? I wasn't sleeping Mr. Smith! I think better with my eyes shut and my head on my desk!

/me writes note on my hand: My vote is on Dino-man (this is much different from Dino-toss)

No, my name is not "Ed."
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:44 am

Post by ODDin »

Amished wrote:I disagree with your first paragraph, ODDin. PZ's ISO 6 says that SC wagon is serious; and his vote for SC was in his 2nd post. I think that makes it pretty clear that he's moving out of RVS while still being joke-y.
If he ever wants, I think he can very well put his personal ending of the RVS at any point there. The way he worded it, even the "SRS BSNS" can be referred to as a joke later on.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Zorblag »

Troll has had a busy last couple days but expect something from Troll this afternoon (PST).

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:08 am

Post by ekiM »

AGar wrote:I really feel like ekiM is reaching on Scien here, but I'm not sure. I'm way out of my league in this game :P
AGar wrote:Oh also, since we've left RVS and I have no reason to really suspect Papa Zito right now:

Unvote
Do not like. Don't try and play the newbie card in this game.
Ojanen wrote:You seem to want out of RVS, yet you finding Scien's more serious vote suspicious seems to hinder the very process - what gives?
I want out of the RVS, but I'll still question bad logic. "I agree he's joking but he might be secretly trying to cast suspicion at me with a joke accusation" is a terrible argument, it needed kicking.
Zorblag wrote:Additionally, the expanded rules for claiming under pressure he gave are ones that Troll agrees with for the most part. That should be largely common sense though.
I have found common sense to be surprisingly uncommon.
Zorblag wrote:Papa Zito be using an opening Troll has seen him use in games Troll hasn't been in and doesn't seem that informative.
Is this opening refusing to participate with content or are you referring to something else?
Sando wrote:Sorry, I missed the thread link and didn't realise we'd started.

Def here, will post again in an hour or 2 with substance, promise :)
Sando wrote:Oh, that was easier than I thought, most of that was RVS and theorycrafting. I'm mostly disappointed that I didn't beat Serial into the thread so I could vote him first, that's 2-0 to him :(

So it's clear, I tend to ignore meta arguments. I use my own meta for gut reads, but I wont tend to use them in arguments, or pay much attention to others.

Votes on me are fair enough given they were pre-mod posting regarding me, so that's no issue.

And I haven't posted in 2 weeks because my only other game has basically been closed since Nov 7 and my net was down for a week prior to that.
What and whom do you find suspicious?

Vote: AGar
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:54 am

Post by AGar »

I'm here, for the record. Work + School + Student Government (almost another job in itself) got the better of me.

Catching up now.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:11 am

Post by AGar »

Ok, not much there :p

First of all @Troll, I wasn't playing the newbie card. I was playing the "I'm-a-really-shitty-player-in-a-game-amongst-really-good-players" card. But as it were, I'll stop making comments of the like.

Now, to ekiM:

Just did a quick iso and realized he's contributed very little to the game other than fluff: calling Scien out for getting a little worked up over my jokes and then just bullshitting about it and dragging it out further than it needed to go, almost as if he was trying to force a slip that he could jump on. Then he comes back and accuses me of playing the newbie card. Now it would be one thing if I said something like "I don't get how this works" and multiple people had called me out on that. Instead, I said "I'm out of my league" and the only other person to mention this was Zorblag. This really perked me up.

Also, about the unvote - I've played two games with Papa, so I know how he plays fairly well, and I have no reason to leave a vote on him right now, and I'm of the opinion that votes should not be used lightly.

VP, you're not making me easy with your willingness to ignore someone. :/

Vote: ekiM
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:12 am

Post by AGar »

EBWOP:

Feck.

Meant to add in a bit at the end of "...person to mention this was Zorblag. This really perked me up."

Meant to add "Looks like someone might be trying to make an easy reach on something."

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Raskol »

I agree that PZ needs to get serious pretty quick. I'd like to hear him unequivocally let us know whether his vote is anything more than just an early bandwagon vote, and if so, what the reasons are. That should eliminate the problem of being unsure whether he's trying to leave himself open for shirking responsibility for it later.

I'd also like to see everyone either explain the reasoning behind their vote (unless they have already), or if there isn't any reason, find a reason to vote for someone and vote for them. At the very least, I think everyone should at least begin making clear efforts to show that they're working towards a position. The deadlines for this game are short, and we don't have a hell of a lot of time for feeling things out or joking around. People need to start taking positions ASAP---we'll need them later on.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:30 am

Post by AGar »

Am I the only one of the opinion that PZ is serious right now?
Amished wrote:(this is much different from Dino-toss)
Don't hate Stork.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Amished »

I believe that PZ is entirely serious; and the reason for my vote is both for bandwagon purposes and because I'm pretty sure I see where PZ is going with his accusation; and it's a good reason. I hesitate to fulling state why SC is scummy; to not give PZ an out if his accusations are bogus but it's a good place to start.

ekiM's signal:noise ratio is also a good topic to explore:

@ekiM: What three posts are either the ones you most agree with, or think are suspicious? Could be a mixture of both, but what in the game content provided by other players do you feel strongly about?

No, my name is not "Ed."
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:38 am

Post by BigBear »

I am prodding Scien right now.
Ojanen has PM'd me also stating a V/LA until sunday, he is ill at the moment, i believe, and also has access problems.

Also, please note that I will be V/LA from Tonight from 11pm until Sunday after noon about. Vi is my back up mod, and if a vote count is needed, he has agreed to supply one. I will post a vote count up later tonight before I leave.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Scien »

Yesh. Already prodded. Fell behind. Will catch up and post when I get off work.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Sando »

Amished wrote:I don't pay attention to jokes either. I didn't even remember my joke to AGar about Berserking... If it's not related to the game at hand, I don't really focus on it. Hell, I forgot that there was a votecount on the page I was asking for regular votecounts on. I only pay attention to joke posts for the sake of joke posts later in the game since I view that to be
solidly
quite scummy. (until a recent game...)
How do you know not to pay attention to the post until after you've read it? You clearly read the post and at least thought about it enough to dismiss it as a joke post.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Amished »

I read it, and if it's a joke post, I forget it cause it's not a relevant part of the game at hand.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Amished »

EBWOP:

@Sando: Who do you think is scummy and why?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Scien »

First off, I agree with others wanting to see the PapaZ case. I'm looking at the two and don't see much of anything at the moment. Personal bias maybe.

Secondly to Agar:
Ok, so I was getting worked up over jokes. That's a fair claim. Are you telling me that you don't think I was using WIFOM defenses or 'over thinking' the RVS? There is no truth in that?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Sando »

Amished wrote:EBWOP:

@Sando: Who do you think is scummy and why?
You, but I always answer that to that question. If you want to know who I want lynched, see who I'm voting. If you think I'm fence-sitting, say it.

Your vote switching looks dodgy, and ignoring any posts is a terrible idea. Everything gives information, joke or not.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Raskol »

Well, there's a slight problem with that, Sando: you're not voting for anyone.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm willing to say I think you're fence-sitting. How scummy that is will depend on how long you continue it.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Amished »

144 = QFT

1) I explained my "vote switching", and have evidence (corroborated by the person that I had voted for) backing up what I saw.

2) VP has also stated that he's ignoring PZ's posts, while I just ignore jokes (if AGar didn't quote some of the starcraft stuff that I said to him, I'd probably have forgotten that too). Tell me how Starcraft (in this case) relates in any way to mafia, and I might actually try to remember it.

Why, then, am I more scummy than VP in your eyes?

No, my name is not "Ed."
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by AGar »

Scien wrote:Secondly to Agar:
Ok, so I was getting worked up over jokes. That's a fair claim. Are you telling me that you don't think I was using WIFOM defenses or 'over thinking' the RVS? There is no truth in that?
I think you might have been very slightly overthinking RVS. The WIFOM was a complete joke, though - you gave a fair response, I was just being an asshat with that one.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@AGar, you, like everyone else in this game, are here because you're good at the game. Troll will let the self-deprecation that has happened already go but not accept any more if it looks like you or anyone else be using it as an excuse for whatever play happens.

@ekiM, Troll has seen Papa Zito start out the game saying that one particular player or set of players is scum and move from there. If him do be serious about it now (as others think him be) then Troll will be interested in seeing the reasons. Troll had been writing off his push for SerialClergyman as just something that Papa Zito would do at the start of a game.

@everyone, reading VPBaltar's stance as a threat to ignore Papa Zito or others seems off. Troll be perfectly willing to filter out some posts as fluff when Troll reads them. Thus far, unless there be a reason to go back and do otherwise later Troll largely be doing that with what Papa Zito has said in most of his posts. Actually the objections to Amished using the same sort of filter in a slightly different way be surprising as well. Troll also be leaning towards Raskol just being a serious player and thus Troll has less issues with him and his vote stance than Troll did before. Troll be fine with serious players.

@Sando, more voting or cases. Ideally both.

@SerialClergyman, what do you be doing that makes everyone vote for you? What do you be doing that should make people not vote for you? Troll no sees either of the two.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Arg.

I went to write this post in trollspeak and had to stop myself.. that's so catchy..

So far I have no idea what I've done to attract votes, but I like early bandwagons in principle so I can't complain. I count 4 or 5 players all uselessly saying something like 'I await PZ's case with fervour', which might indicate a lack of desire to scumhunt rather than just a lack of desire to commit too early.

I don't think I've particularly done anything to NOT attract votes either, but that's not particularly high on my priorities at the moment.
I'm old now.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Hmm, let Troll phrase the second part in a slightly different way then. Who do you think we should be voting for instead of SerialClergyman? What scum hunting are you doing that Troll no be seeing? Troll no minds not seeking self preservation as long as there be scum hunting attached. In fact, Troll prefers lack of self preservation with scum hunting attached to anything that no involves scum hunting..

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”