Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) SpyreX
charter ( 1 ) popsofctown
ConfidAnon ( 4 ) - sigma - CSL - roflcopter - elvis_knits
crypto ( 0 )
CSL ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 1 ) - Energetic Penguin
Idiotking ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Juls ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 1 ) - crypto
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) - charter
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 1 ) hitogoroshi
sigma ( 3 ) Sotty7 - infinis - RedCoyote
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 7 ) Pads - Vi - RayFrost - Budja - hiphop - Hoopla - ConfidAnon
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 5 ) - Idiotking - Juls - imaginality - Psychologic Maemuki

With 25 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

crypto wrote:
On that meta front I am still absolutely baffled at the Ray-hate (I'm assuming that kill was a joke). The three amigos on the wagon are ALL much more hateable thus far.
No, it was real.
Why am I not dead then?
don't you feel silly now?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by crypto »

Wow. I love the "Crypto doesn't instantly unveil his reasoning, so he must be scum" jackassery, especially
after
I explain that I will in fact do so shortly. Popsofctown, you must be literate in order to play this game. Why the flying fuck do you accuse me of refusing to explain my vote when I clearly state that I will in a few hours? Take a pill. Same goes for Elvis. I'm baffled. Did you two temporarily go blind when you scrolled over post 284, or are you going out of your way to misconstrue my words and arbitrarily paint my method here as scummy? Never mind, don't answer.
elvis_knits wrote:Crypto comes up with gems like this:
Elvis, would you suffer to favor me with your reason why this is a "gem," or are you going to sit on your ass all day and discredit my forthcoming argument via abuse of catchy punchlines like that? Really, I apologize for being so opaque in my approach as to slight your graciousness with failure to announce, while conversing with Maemuki, that I was in fact exploring her reactions to a gut-based vote. If you're one of those impatient degenerates who drool over the notion of concocting cases and urging bandwagons
immediately
after picking out a top suspect, then fine, but don't impose your proclivities on players who adopt other strategies.
elvis_knits wrote:I've basically disagreed with everything he's said
Disagreement does not make him scum.
popsofctown wrote:Are you claiming scum or town right now?
As I remember it, I have not explicitly claimed either. I'll gladly claim town if that will do anything to improve your opinion of me ...
RayFrost wrote:Why am I not dead then?
Because it was fake, bonehead!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by RayFrost »

crypto wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Why am I not dead then?
Because it was fake, bonehead!
"almost sorry I wasted my daykill"

"it was real"

excuse me for taking your words at face value, oh wise and mighty one :roll:
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by crypto »

Psh, if I wanted to seriously insult your intelligence I would have used something more offensive than "bonehead."
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by RayFrost »

crypto wrote:Psh, if I wanted to seriously insult your intelligence I would have used something more offensive than "bonehead."
Psh, if I thought you were serious, I'd be offended.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by crypto »

Be quiet. You're supposed to be dead.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by RayFrost »

crypto wrote:Be quiet. You're supposed to be dead.
I'm aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeee

BWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Anyway, I'm finishing a paper, so I can't give yah actual useful responses atm.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by crypto »

Maemuki Iso.

Response to Vi's SpyreX case. Asks if she needs to do a meta to confirm that SpyreX's scum, or if someone can spoon-feed it to her. This isn't necessarily scummy, but it sets up for piggybacking on the meta argument.

Says she doesn't find SpyreX scummy. Says she'll reread him in iso.

Says she's still rereading. Timestamp: 9:08 am.

Overreacts to CSL.
Italics!
Looks like contrived outrage. Timestamp: 9:25 am. Safe to assume she's finished reading SpyreX's iso. But I'll temporarily hold off on that front, just in case.

7–10.
Rampages on CSL.

Asks CSL if he would join the SpyreX wagon. Curious given she was just asked a similar question. Timestamp: 9:53 am. She should be done reading SpyreX's small iso. But she hasn't updated her answer to Vi's question of whether or not she thinks Spyre is scummy. Weird. Wasn't that the whole point of the reread in the first place? Mae's more interested in badgering CSL, I guess.

Again trying to eke a SpyreX read out of CSL. Still doesn't give her own read.

"How dare Sigma single someone out? This demands investigation!
More italics!
"

Finally pukes out her read: "I don't see SpyreX's actions as scummy." Unimpressed with a wagon that's grown out of nothing but gut and meta. Also unimpressed with the players who mindlessly wagoned.

States that it
may
prove to be a good informational wagon, but remains unconvinced. Criticizes lack of scum hunting perpetuated by the wagon. Warns that the wagon may be a cover-up for scum. (I love when players do this: If Spyre flips scum, Mae can claim credit for having said the lynch might produce solid information, but if SpyreX flips town, she can claim credit for having said the lynch might be pro-scum. All bases covered.)

Grills CSL for taking issue with Rofl and Vi's town read on her, but also questions the town read itself. "Look at me; I'm such a take-no-prisoners pro-town interrogator I even question pro-town reads on me!" Smells like acting. Smells like scum.

"Switching sides so quickly"? No. LYLO is a long way off.

Finally, she sees the light. But why is Maemuki only now grasping SpyreX's scumminess, instead of way back when she iso-read him (or before then, for that matter). Possible answers off the top of my head: (a) Mae didn't want Hoopla's offhand post 150 to come back and haunt her, or (b) she wasn't yet confident in the momentum of the wagon, or (c) she simply took a while to make up her mind whether or not to go with the flow. And Mae's case? That SpyreX OMGUSed Budja (which is blatant misrepresentation by oversimplification) and that something's off about his reaction to the bandwagon—apparently resisting your own lynch is a scum tell. (That's 50% OMGUS and 50% gut. She can use gut, but I can't, huh? Woe is me.) But wait! Mae doesn't actually vote for SpyreX. Trepidation, much? Worried that you'll look shitty if he flips town?

Mod Note: This is 515 words. Hardly worth mentioning, but I wanted you/everyone to be aware that I am keeping track.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

This is a 13 page thread, and no, I didn't note any promise to explain your vote later. And I think you're being pretty rude.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by hiphop »

Crypto 500 word limit. summarize more please.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by crypto »

Pops, I also think I'm being rude. But I don't care how long the read is. I've done longer. Thirteen pages aren't so much that you completely miss a post right before the end.

Hiphop, that post has 513 words. It started out with over 700. I spent half an hour trimming it. Unless the mod prohibits posts that go roughly a sentence over the limit, then I'm sorry but that's how it works after being V/LA for seven and a half pages.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by zoraster »

Generally speaking, let me handle the word count limit. I'll try and annotate every post over 500 words as I have with Spyre's and Crypto's, so if a bit goes by and you don't see red text under one indicating that I've seen it, then let me know. Otherwise, it's my preference (but by no means a requirement) that you play the game and don't get bogged down in making sure the word limit is being followed when it's not especially egregious (if someone posts a 1600 word treatise, you have my permission to call them names)
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I hope 5 pages don't get added every time I have a nap. I'm going to feel like I'm constantly behind.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Well, I'm reading the thread once, carefully. That's the level of commitment I think I ower to a game. And I missed it. So get used to me missing things of that magnitude henceforth.

Your 515 word post (simulposted with mine) seems to base a case on Maemuki around her getting sidetracked from a question asking for her position on Spyrex. The picture you are trying to paint is that she put it off so she could litmus test the town and align herself before she picked one way or the other and I think that's too reachy to be the case. I think she read him in iso, got sidetracked by recent posts, and didn't mention it. I mean maybe it was a conspiracy to hold off giving her opinion on Spyrex that's a weak tell at best. It just didn't seem that dodgy to me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Maemuki Post 225 wrote:
roflcopter wrote:actually, csl, could you link me to any games where you are lynched as town, too?
*coughalmostallofthemcough*

Sorry it had to be done! But, from memory...

Newbie 830, Newbie 824, Newbie 806, Rabbit Doubt Mafia (I don't remember the number), and Open...something. Sotty moderated the game though.
It was Open 167 and yes he was scum. I figured when rolf said he didn't want to policy lynch anyone in this game that he hadn't played with CSL before...

Mass posting falling on a weekend = me being behind from the get go. My gut has issues with ConfidAnon and I could switch to him but I will wait until I am fully caught up before doing that. Can't believe I am going to say this about a day old game but I need a re-read.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Mkay, so here's the graph of the vote counts of anyone who had three or more votes on them in any vote count. While it's very helpful for me to have on hand to use interpolate instead of manually checking each vote count, this graph doesn't seem to impart any particular insight (at least to me.) I'm gonna update this locally but I won't post other graphs after this one unless someone requests it.

Also, I'm gonna just post the URL instead of embedding because that strikes me as more polite. Here it is.

Pops:
Pops (regarding Charter) wrote: The sprinkler system "scumhunting" looks pretty bad to me. You're posting things that have happened, not even in reason form, and then indicating suspicion towards several people for insubstantial reasons. It looks like scum that wants someone else to follow it up, wants several different angles to go to get a mislynch, and overall wants more bodies on the floor. I'm pretty surprised no one else is upset by this.
You *seriously* think these are points he intends to follow up on? As though he was laying the groundwork for mislynching later? And yet at the same time they're insubstantial? I agree they're stupid points, but that seems to be more or less the point, and to say this is a 'sprinkler system scumhunt' is kind of silly. Do you think he's going to post D2 saying, "Remember the suspicion I raised earlier regarding hito's joke about hoopla fun dollars? I think we should follow up on that."
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by crypto »

Pops, it's more about the weirdness of how Mae's read on Spyre completely flip-flopped. Going off on CSL simply coincided with the gap between her Spyre reread and the post she made where her opinion on Spyre's alignment flip-flopped. The whole thing about CSL was a huge overreaction on her part, and I find it difficult to believe she's so worried about CSL-scum since she's already experienced CSL's style of play, which is scummy by default even when town.

She didn't forget to respond about Spyre, necessarily. After she allegedly reread, she said that she still didn't find him scummy.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by RayFrost »

crypto wrote:Pops, it's more about the weirdness of how Mae's read on Spyre completely flip-flopped. Going off on CSL simply coincided with the gap between her Spyre reread and the post she made where her opinion on Spyre's alignment flip-flopped. The whole thing about CSL was a huge overreaction on her part, and I find it difficult to believe she's so worried about CSL-scum since she's already experienced CSL's style of play, which is scummy by default even when town.

She didn't forget to respond about Spyre, necessarily. After she allegedly reread, she said that she still didn't find him scummy.
Oh, oh, pick me!

I've played with CSL-town and CSL-scum.

The CSL-scum instance, CSL was so obv scum that he was going to get lynched (we lynched n00bs before that), and the cop had a guilty on him too.

CSL-town was an odd night doc that was forced to claim D1 cuz he was so scummy ("I'm gonna claim if anybody puts me at L-1!!!") and he got NKed N1.

I've played with mae-town, but not mae-scum. Same game as CSL-scum, mae lurked the
entire
game.

Her current play contradicts that experience.

CSL called maemuki town in the CSL-scum game (mae wasn't in the CSL-odd night doc game).

I can give a link to the CSL-town game if you want.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Budja »

I didn't really notice ConfidAnon until he was pointed out. His comment of Spyrex being too defensive was bad. He comes of as very passive/going with the flow. Moderatly scummy.

I can't say Spyrex has done much to change my opinion of him. Dislike early claim, I'm assuming that the martyr claim is not a joke.

crypto's push on Maemuki seems silly. There are better wagons.

CSL is a bit scummy. A bit iffy here as it seems to be his meta. But I do really dislike his 203.

I feel no need to shift my vote.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Pops (regarding Charter) wrote: The sprinkler system "scumhunting" looks pretty bad to me. You're posting things that have happened, not even in reason form, and then indicating suspicion towards several people for insubstantial reasons. It looks like scum that wants someone else to follow it up, wants several different angles to go to get a mislynch, and overall wants more bodies on the floor. I'm pretty surprised no one else is upset by this.
You *seriously* think these are points he intends to follow up on? As though he was laying the groundwork for mislynching later? And yet at the same time they're insubstantial? I agree they're stupid points, but that seems to be more or less the point, and to say this is a 'sprinkler system scumhunt' is kind of silly. Do you think he's going to post D2 saying, "Remember the suspicion I raised earlier regarding hito's joke about hoopla fun dollars? I think we should follow up on that."

That's not how it works. It usually goes down more like:

(later day 1) Vi: Hey, i think Energetic Penguin is super scummy
5 other people: me too! wagon tyme!
Charter: me too
pops: charter is a sheep
charter: no i was suspicious of Energetic Penguin since forever.

It's called keeping your options open as scum, and being able to vote anyone and pretend you were there all along actually works if no one notices.
"Well, I..."
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by Maemuki »

@ 296, because I didn't, so? I said it could be informative, but didn't feel the need to vote. I think 7 votes is enough, don't you think?

Come on! I can't even use italics anymore? What a disgrace.

Way to go. *rolls eyes* If I'm going to be read as town, I want to know why. If I'm going to be read as scum, I want to know why. You're just throwing stuff into the air, you know? It isn't working.

If I don't agree with the majority I'm scum? Nice! Now seriously. You didn't vote for SpyreX either. You didn't give a read on him either. Hypocrisy to the maximum,! it seems. *shakes head* I'm not even going to say more.

So you're pretty much attacking my memory skills, I thought that I gave the read. And the flip-flopping, well, opinions change. I think you didn't vote for SpyreX, because you don't want to look bad. You just gave a one-line neutral read and end of story. Next!

Also the correct answer is d:

(d) Has memory problems and had to reread the thread about 5 times to spot something scummy and had to reread it 5 more times to post it..
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by Pads »

unvote: SpyreX

Alright, that wagon was fun, but we have plenty of other leads now, and I see no reason good enough to stay on it (it was my random vote anyway). That's not to say I think SpyreX has been particularly pro-town. His responses have had components of both self righteous bristling (town) and dismissive, redirecting (scum).

Personally, I think he needs to be taken out back and hosed down, and then brought back to the game. In other words, I'd like to see what he's like and how he participates without the eyes of the town bearing down upon him.

I am enjoying Crypto's pressure on Maemuki, not so much for any specific point that he's making in his case, but more for the reactions that we're seeing. Maemuki was quite upset over that one vote in a twenty five player game. When Crypto first laid the vote down, it was like Maemuki's game slammed on the brakes, ceased to scum hunt entirely, and devoted all attention to figuring out why 1 person had 1 contentless vote on him. The flailing and floundering posts that follow are a sight to behold. I don't think I've ever seen a
townie
get so ruffled by a vote.

CSL. What can be said? To my horror, he's growing on me.

Infinis: Your post is reasonable, and I think I'm going to have "Meta is Fail" tattooed on my face, but the disapproving father tone aside, do you have any insight for us? CSL, Maemuki, SpyreX, ConfidAnon... any opinions on any of these folks?

Speaking of which. ConfidAnon looks terrible. Ignoring points made against him, dismissive of those points he does acknowledge. His defense for the attacks sent his way are that the attacks lead into a circular defense (i.e. I'm town!, No you're not!, Yes I am!, etc..).

But the reality is that he was given the opportunity to elaborate on his SpyreX vote and defend it, but instead, he let it slide. It was the perfect opportunity to talk about the person he supposedly felt was the most scummy, and he let it go sailing by. How many townies out there dislike talking about the person they find the most scummy and avoid opportunities to do so?

I'm probably running out of room here, so..

I like Pops, Roflcopter, and that talking golden retriever. I am contented with Sigma and RedCoyote. I am discontented with RayFrost and hiphop. I dislike Charter and VI, especially Post 213. But that's all for another time.

vote: ConfidAnon
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Why are you discontented with me? :(
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Maemuki »

@ Pads, there's a first time for everything. I wouldn't be as desconcerted if his vote wasn't incredibly hypocritical. But it is, so I'm desconcerted. I was desconcerted because he put up no reasons. When he did, the reasons made no sense and culminated on the fact that I forgot to give my SpyreX opinion, when he made the awesome opinion of a one-liner. If that isn't hypocritical, I don't know what is.

Why do you dislike Vi's 213? Why are you discontended with hiphop? Why do you think rofl, e_k, and so on to be town/scum?
Her current play contradicts that experience.
Do you take any conclusions of that?

@ RF, I was on the odd-night doctor game, but I replaced out because I thought that the game was boring.

I was scum on one game with CSL - Newbie 830. He was lynched D1 though. (No, I wasn't on his wagon if you want to know.)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:15 am

Post by RedCoyote »

>
join game with no posting over 500 words

>
make 40 250 word posts instead