Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Pads »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 0 )
CSL ( 2 ) - RedCoyote sigma
elvis_knits ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 4 ) hitogoroshi - popsofctown - hiphop - imaginality
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 2 ) - Hoopla - elvis_knits
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 3 ) roflcopter - charter - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 2 ) - Infinis - Pads
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) Vi
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 1 ) - Budja
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 7 ) - Idiotking - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki - CSL - Energetic Penguin crypto
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

Pops, I don't see your philosophy as unreasonable, but it's not for me.

I take the position that establishing interconnectivity early is more important, and I find lynching the inactive early is detrimental to that goal. So, yes, you could say that I'm picking a target from the actives today. The mid game is where I beat the lurkers into activity or removal, and I'd definitely prefer to take a slightly scummier active player over a lurker into lynch or lose.

Furthermore, in a game like this, those that are 'inactive' may actually just be 'overwhelmed'.

@Sigma

That's a good catch. Going to go re-read him right now.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Pads »

Vi wrote:
Vi wrote: What are you suggesting that SpyreX should have done when you withdrew from his wagon?
What kind of opinion should SpyreX have had of you when you unvoted? (i.e. oh hey he unvoted; he must be Town) (Note: This should have been asked the other way - "What are you suggesting SpyreX should have seen your opinion as?")
Ah, that's much better. He should have seen it as undecided-leaning town.

Vi wrote:Assuming E-Pengy maintains his current rate of not posting, and assuming he flips Town, the reasons for his lynch should be somewhat pale compared to numerous other people in the game. You would gain thirteen players with reasons for joining the wagon that you could sort out, probably with the categories of VIs and people who should know better.
*blink* *wiki's VI* Ah, that's what the issue was.

And that's all well and good, but we get that info from pretty much any lynch. I was looking for specific conclusions that you would be willing to come to given a scumEP or townEP result, based on the votes/interactions thus far.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

Vi wrote: I would leave people like IK and CSL for the Vig/other scumgroup/etc. tbh.
What? Why? If they're scummy enough, they ought to be lynched. I like sigma's post about CSL, and will encourage that wagon if IdiotKing's doesn't work out for me.

Why would another scum group target these players?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Vi »

Hoopla 627 wrote:Why would another scum group target these players?
If they're THAT scummy, it's a crosskill. A bit risky, but etc.

I don't read people who are usually lynched D1 very well, and thus don't bother with them because everyone
else
wants them dead for reasons that practically make themselves - regardless of whether they're actually scum or not. I agree that they shouldn't live to the late game mostly because I don't trust them to make good use of their votes if Town, but I would prefer that they were sniped by the Vig while we attempt to more reliably find scum during the Day. Like what I'm doing with RedCoyote, a wagon I would very much like to get started.

Plus, again, easy wagon.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Pads »

If they're that scummy, the 'other mafia' doesn't need to waste their kill on them, content with the likely prospect of the town using one of their lynches to do the job.

And if there's a vig, I would be happier if he didn't shoot for the first few nights.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Vi »

Vi 628 wrote:I don't trust them to make good use of their votes if Town
What is the downside to shooting these players at any time?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Right now the only thing speaking in crypto's favor is a mild connection to confidanon (charter brought that up, it was something I forgot).

I really really don't like him doing scummy things and then being like "I did it to get a reaction!" "It's fun being a troll!"

That is not how you catch scum. You're supposed to say stuff you believe in, but maybe in an obnoxious way to get maximum reaction. Saying stuff you don't believe is what scum do.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:22 am

Post by Hoopla »

Vi wrote:
Hoopla 627 wrote:Why would another scum group target these players?
If they're THAT scummy, it's a crosskill. A bit risky, but etc.

I don't read people who are usually lynched D1 very well, and thus don't bother with them because everyone
else
wants them dead for reasons that practically make themselves - regardless of whether they're actually scum or not. I agree that they shouldn't live to the late game mostly because I don't trust them to make good use of their votes if Town, but I would prefer that they were sniped by the Vig while we attempt to more reliably find scum during the Day. Like what I'm doing with RedCoyote, a wagon I would very much like to get started.

Plus, again, easy wagon.
No, if they're THAT scummy, we should be lynching them - easy lynch or not. In large games, I kind of like tidying up with policy lynches on D1. Players like CSL, crypto, Infinis, Idiotking and Energetic Penguin are good candidates and I doubt will be hot nightkill choices - there's a chance the town doesn't have a vig.

Lynching someone like Idiotking is a bonus, because he's actually scummy as well.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Vi »

Hoopla 632 wrote:Players like CSL, crypto, Infinis, Idiotking and Energetic Penguin
Why is crypto on this list?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Hoopla »

Vi wrote:
Hoopla 632 wrote:Players like CSL, crypto, Infinis, Idiotking and Energetic Penguin
Why do you think he wouldn't be?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Vi »

Hoopla 634 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Regardless of how scummy you think he is, I don't think he qualifies as a village idiot or policy lynch.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Hoopla »

Vi wrote:
Hoopla 634 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Regardless of how scummy you think he is, I don't think he qualifies as a village idiot or policy lynch.
Why are you so eager to defend crypto?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Vi »

Hoopla 636 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Hoopla 634 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Why are you so eager to defend crypto?
Making a distinction between scummy and village idiot is not the same as defending someone... especially since I just got done saying I'm more interested in lynching scummy people, not VIs.

Thanks for claiming scum! (Who says you can't find them D1?)
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:47 am

Post by sigma »

Players like CSL, crypto, Infinis, Idiotking and Energetic Penguin are good candidates
I'm more asking why infinis is on this list. I don't really agree with his wagon from what I've seen of his posts, honestly.

crypto's on there because he's clogging the thread with his slapfights, I'm guessing.

@vi: hoopla's right. lynch the scummy people. honestly, there are enough people exhibiting scumminess that we don't need to save certain people for a crosskill. Ideally, we lynch the scummy person and the mafia cross-kill each other's scummiest person, and the town is in great shape for day 2. Don't overthink this by going after 'harder to lynch' candidates because they're less likely to be cross-killed.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:49 am

Post by sigma »

And vi, seriously, you might be a good choice for a policy lynch too at this point. You're getting into wayyyyyy too many slapfights and clogging up the thread. Your iso has 70 posts already. Conciseness extends to quantity of posts as well as quantity of letters withen them.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Pads »

*smacks head*

Reading CSL, I feel like I'm looking into the abyss and it's looking back.

Post 331 is his read on ConfidAnon. Behold the maddening words!
CSL wrote: Woah. Major scumpoints there.

Votes imaginality during RVS, then attacks me for making a townish statement, while looking scummy. Sure he changes his vote for SpyreX, but that vote change was the only thing even remotely townish that I have seen.
First of all, I snicker at 'He's scummy because he attacked me for making a townish statement'. Second of all, good lord, Confid's vote on SpyreX was a townish action? What the heck happened to:
CSL wrote: No, I will not join it, because I refuse to feed the fire of an early lynch
Pop Quiz: Which came first, CSL's declaration that he would not join the early lynch or Confid laying the
eighth
vote on SpyreX?

Confid's vote came first. But when CSL gave his read of Confid, he said that this vote was townish, which is in complete contradiction to his previously stated aversion to quick lynches. Why? So he could waffle, of course, on both the SpyreX (he never said SpyreX wasn't scummy, just that it was too early) and Confid wagons.

Sigh, I feel like I'm shooting Old Yeller here, and I imagine that any game with townCSL is riddled with stuff like this, but I know that I'm not going to be able to make it through this game without stopping at some point to lynch him. And, of course, there's a reasonable chance that he's scum. I'll pack away my lead balloon for a while and throw my support behind a CSL lynch.

unvote: Maemuki

vote: CSL
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

Vi wrote:
popsofctown 621 wrote:Vi. We don't talk about that game.
Then if you don't want a rerun of the result, you will wagon RedCoyote.
Thanks for the appeal to fear, but I already tried dealing with my psychological injury by killing Redcoyote all the time wherever he is, and he flipped town PR, and it made me feel very bad inside. I'll find you a link if you want, but no one else you know was there.

For some reason that actually seemed like a good strategy until he flipped and i felt horrible, but now I've rejected it. I'm going to try to read RedCoyote instead, and wagon him if he deserves it. As it stands, EP is by far the play.

TBH, if you mentioned nonny's name three more times in the thread I would actually probably PTSD and unvote , vote Redcoyote, repeatedly, in a loop, in six consecutive posts. You know what let's not talk about that game. At all.

@Sigma- policy lynching Vi, seriously? She posts. You know what he's up to. Don't think about lynching people for affecting the enjoyment of the game, because if that's a reason then Hoopla and her avatar are soooooooooooooooooooo dead. It has to be something hurting the town, and the negative effects of Vi's verbosity is acorns compared to a lurker supplying zero informmation about his/her alignment.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:42 am

Post by charter »

RedCoyote wrote:Why is Infinis a better player to vote than crypto?
They're both scum and Infinis has more support.

RedCoyote is scum with Infinis and crypto. He seems to think that wagoning Confid was a mistake as well as what rofl said.

Pads is pretty much being useless. His top three suspects have a whopping two votes combined and he's not trying to convince anyone to vote his suspects.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:47 am

Post by crypto »

I was going to bring up the ConfidAnon wagon, but RedCoyote beat me to the punch:

Sigma wagon, peaking at p. 5

Sotty7
- infinis -
Vi
- RedCoyote -
Hoopla

SpyreX wagon, peaking at p. 12

Pads -
Vi
-
RayFrost
- Budja - hiphop -
Hoopla
-
roflcopter
-
ConfidAnon

ConfidAnon wagon prior to kill

sigma - CSL -
roflcopter
-
elvis_knits
- Pads -
Vi
-
Sotty7
- Energetic Penguin - charter

Energetic Penguin wagon, p. 22 (out of date)

hitogoroshi - popsofctown - hiphop - imaginality -
Vi

Idiotking wagon, p. 22 (out of date)

RayFrost
-
Hoopla
- sigma -
elvis_knits

Too lazy to count off Infinis wagon.

Short on time (at school), so temporarily this will be a dreaded case of IIOA (O, the irony!), but I'll try to make some sense of it later.

Elvis continues to sit on her ass. I have no idea how she is so content with her pathetic case against me. Townies lie. Townies deceive. All those are valuable for scum hunting and are not scum tells, per se. That said, I've done none of them here. Elvis's best argument against me is that I lied by omission. That's an appallingly bad reason to vote for someone.

I still can't make head or tail of her. Her first content post (78) rubbed, but since then I've seen nothing dubious from her other than this persistent roflollery.

Mae is still scum, but I'm not interested in her at the moment. She's regressed into twiddling her thumbs, spotted with the occasional post devoted to defending herself or badgering me.

Imaginality is very scummy, for reasons outlined some time ago.
Vote: imaginality.
Will hopefully come up with something more entertaining later today.

RedCoyote's point and Pads' elaboration about CSL's wagon behavior are very, very good. I'll gladly jump on the CSL
choo-choo
if I don't see anything more intriguing when I do the reread / vote analysis.

Everyone's blind trust of Roflcopter is finally starting to piss me off. I don't care how good he is or how consistent (i.e., lacking in substance) his meta is. Very annoying.

Sorry if I missed anything.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:48 am

Post by crypto »

Oh, and Charter goes with Elvis in the loony bin.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:53 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, crypto is still scum. This CSL nonsense is a distraction from the the real Infinis/crypto scumteam.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:53 am

Post by crypto »

There are two scum teams, smart ass.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

Whoever hasn't got a vote on anyone, needs to do so in their next post. There's no excuse for not having one down at the moment.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:55 am

Post by charter »

Ok, crypto just confessed to being on scumteam B. I see this in the rules "a. This game will have at least one Mafia faction, and no more than two." I see nothing saying "there are two scumteams"

So, can we lynch crypto now?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

crypto wrote: Everyone's blind trust of Roflcopter is finally starting to piss me off. I don't care how good he is or how consistent (i.e., lacking in substance) his meta is. Very annoying.
You forgot "I don't care that his avatar is an adorable bunny."

Because that's really the kicker for me. It's such a sincere looking bunny.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”