Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) - SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 4 ) - Hoopla - Energetic Penguin charter - CSL
CSL ( 8 ) - RedCoyote - sigma - Pads - idiotking - crypto - popsofctown - roflcopter - Infinis
elvis_knits ( 1 ) - Vi
Energetic Penguin ( 3 ) - hitogoroshi - hiphop - imaginality
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 1 ) - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 1 ) - Budja
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 4 ) - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki - idiotking
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

Vi wrote: *Hoopla (not at all seeing the Hoopla-obv-Town, definitely seeing the Hoopla-obv-wagoning - plus that blatant misrepresentation of me apparently defending crypto was
really
telling)
My crypto parody obviously went unappreciated. I'll spell it out to at least appease this one point.

Me (awesome):

Hoopla wrote:
Vi wrote:
Hoopla 634 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Hoopla 632 wrote:Players like CSL, crypto, Infinis, Idiotking and Energetic Penguin
Why is crypto on this list?
Why do you think he wouldn't be?
Regardless of how scummy you think he is, I don't think he qualifies as a village idiot or policy lynch.
Why are you so eager to defend crypto?

crypto:

crypto wrote:
SpyreX wrote:
My ConfidAnon vote was random. I think Maemuki is more scummy.
Que? Sure you didn't get the names mixed up there?
I don't think so ...
Maemuki wrote:Why?
A hunch?
crypto wrote:
Maemuki wrote: What activated that hunch?
Why are you so eager to fend me off?
crypto wrote:What if I refused to tell you what "activated" it?
--

And so on.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Hoopla »

CSL wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Whoever hasn't got a vote on anyone, needs to do so in their next post. There's no excuse for not having one down at the moment.
Then I'll just throw
Vote: crypto
in there then.
Do you have a reason, mate?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hoopla wrote:
CSL wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Whoever hasn't got a vote on anyone, needs to do so in their next post. There's no excuse for not having one down at the moment.
Then I'll just throw
Vote: crypto
in there then.
Do you have a reason, mate?
Never mind, I just noted CSL is being replaced.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorry for the multiple posting, but this issue really needs to be addressed and taken seriously:

crypto - 101
Vi - 79
RayFrost - 60
popsofctown - 49
Maemuki - 47
roflcopter - 41
Hoopla - 37
SpyreX - 36

CSL - 36

charter - 29
Idiotking - 28
elvis_knits - 25
hitogoroshi - 20
sigma - 18

Energetic Penguin - 10
hiphop - 10
Budja - 9
Infinis - 9
Pads - 9
Sotty7 - 9
imaginality - 8
RedCoyote - 7
EtherialCookie/Juls - 6
Psychologic - 2

crypto, Vi and at times Ray, your posting is seriously a joke. There is no need to post that much. Most people will only skim what you have to say, which makes finding genuine content difficult to spot. The amount of insightful, memorable posts you've made collectively, I can count on two hands.

Not only is it a bitch to read, it also forces half the town into submission, a perpetual state of feeling behind. The people I've highlighted in red have already been replaced, or seriously risk being replaced because of your play.

--

This is one of the main reasons why I wanted a shorter Day 1. It prevents this type of bullshit that is going to be ridiculously annoying to process on Day 2. We need to lower the town numbers soon, rather than just waffling. 25 pages was my cap, but by the way we're going, it'll be more like 45. THIS ISN'T GOOD FOR THE TOWN.

Vi, stop chasing targets that have no realistic chance of getting lynched. You seem to be hung up on not going for easy targets, but the reason they're easy targets is because they're scummy! Scummy players deserve to be lynched. Try it, you'll like it.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by zoraster »

Shotty to the Body replaces Budja

Three Cheers for Shotty!

CSL is blacklisted from my future games. As if mods don't have enough trouble getting replacements...

Psychologic has until tomorrow to post substantively or I'll start looking for a replacement there as well.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by charter »

Hell yeah. Shotty to the Body.

You should totally vote for crypto Shotty, he is scum.

Seriously guys, CSL and not crypto? I will agree that replacing out because he doesn't want to defend himself is scummy as hell, but seriously?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by charter »

And also, people don't think Hoopla is town? I need me one of her little smileys where he's laughing, but it's so funny that the mouth is like an inch tall to express how laughable the thought of Hooplascum is right now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by roflcopter »

yeah hoopla is town
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Mod, sorry to bother you, but you have me both voting for CSL and not voting.

I don't really think it would be fair to lynch CSL before his replacement arrives. I think that CSL was just overwhelmed by this game and couldn't handle it, just like Budja. If this is true, then he would have reacted the same regardless of his alignment.

As it is, my vote will now have to go to the second-most-useless player, Energetic_Penguin. His ISO read is... heh... quite laughable. He has 11 posts, all of them woefully lacking in substance.

Therefore,

Vote Energetic_Penguin

Would using the phrase "post or die" here be a false dilemma?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by roflcopter »

csl specifically acted like a bitch over being suspected and thus replaced out. that is so very much different from not being able to handle activity levels.

if csl is scum, idiotking is an absolute lock to be his scumbuddy
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by Idiotking »

It's not just the activity levels. Mafia players tend to get hostile towards each other whether intentionally or not. If that gets to be too much, I wouldn't be surprised if someone like him replaced out. I hardly see how empathizing with the soft-skinned makes me scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by charter »

Replacing out because you don't want to or aren't able to defend yourself is scummy, it's not really debatable.
Psychologic
Psychologic
Townie
Psychologic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by Psychologic »

I'm apologize, but i'm going to have to replace out. I didn't expect to come back to 30+ pages over the weekend.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

GOOOOOOOOD MOOOOORRRNNIIIIING VIIIIIEEET- *ahem* wrong movie. Glad to be joining you folks. *Kicks Budja into a pit* THIS IS SPARTA! That had to be said, now then, I've reread these shenanigans and I've come to several important conclusions. Due to the rule about word count I am given an excuse to be lazy so you won't receive a (Great) Wall (of China), just a long post with some reads, hooray yippee etc etc.

Obv Scum (aka bring out your dead)

CSL - this has been made clear by his play and his replace post, but the obvious lynch is rather boring here. As a side note thank you for making me Budja and not this guy Zoraster.

Questionably Scummy
(in no particular order)
Vi- Topping the list (despite it's lack of order), everyone's favorite non-gender. Just looking through the amount of spam Vi has injected into this game and the way his vote has swung everywhere, Vi is clearly muddling any connections he has with anyone. Why would town do this? Despite that Vi hasn't committed as many grievous sins as some of you.

Idiotking- Next up, the king himself Elvis Pr-, wrong again I apologize. Oh King, though I be duly impressed of your hunting of the CSL, I also feel like you have been neglecting your duty to your subjects. Kings should be DECISIVE and you are sorely lacking in this category, no matter how well you scored in our swimsuit portion. Your lack of scum-hunting disturbs me, all I see is a free-ride on CSL and defending yourself. I don't really have a comment on your meta defense because meta is for PUSSIES! It's like looking up boss strategies on the internet, wholly unentertaining in the end and kills replay value. You pick up some town points for not being a lemming with the Crypto votes earlier however, congratulations!

All the people who jumped on Crypto after his so-called slip (except Hoopla): This includes Elvis, Penguin, and Roflcopter. If I had to pick a group of three players (not playas) where at least one was scum I would be incredibly confident picking you three. None of you could provide anything more than wordplay as a reason for those votes, despite thine gilded tongues. On second thought after reading the bunny in ISO I'll exclude him too, except I need a third for my analogy so he will stay in this post, shh don't tell anyone. Penguin is in the 33rd degree of this order of scuminess as he combines lurking and scummy actions, fantastic!

Anyone with a post count that has not reached it's 10th birthday: Yes you, I'm talking to you lurkers. *glare* Out of all of them (Penguin being aforementioned so he is excluded), hiphop and pads both rub me the wrong way, I don't really have much more than my amazing GUTS (scroll slower HP!) on those reads, but at some point be aware the lurker hunt will commence when the active players are thinned.

Who's the townest of them all?
(I shouldn't have to and won't explain these, they are fairly obvious)

Me.
None of you bwahaha, you're all scum.

Doing that old town thang, but I still need convincing

Hoopla
Pops

Not making an impression, no matter how I turn my head.
(Right is RIGHT, duh!)
Maemuki leans to the right.
Spyre stands tall in a tunnel.
Crypto leans to the right.
Charter leans to the left.
Hito stands tall.
Sigma stands tall.

---

And I yield the rest of my time questions. The opening bid will be
Vote E Penguin
, scum and lurker is a two for one special, get it while it's hot. I obviously accept giving CSL both barrels, but I don't believe he's hiding as much intel as some of the other scummers.

PREVIEW UPDATE:
Unvote, Vote CSL
I will follow the chopper down the rabbit hole in this case, the King's newest post makes CSL useful in telling IK's alignment. No quarter, huzzah!
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Sorry for the spam post here, but wordcount has that post at 666 purely by fate, my role is clearly Satan.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by charter »

Fine. I have confidence the crypto situation will resolve itself.

unvote, vote CSL
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Post by hiphop »

RayFrost wrote:
hiphop wrote: @Maemuki's 478- He is a fluffer, with no opinion. He gave a whole bunch of words, but nothing to explain why.
Maemuki is
female
Really? No!!! Who would of thought that? Maybe just maybe
she
asked me to give an opinion about somebody in that post, and I gave it about him.

@Maemuki- I have been thinking about your reason for not voting Spyrex, and I find it a horrible reason. Who cares if someone is at L-7? If your vote is useful, put it to use.

@roflcopter 615- The best thing I can find is he has always had a vote on someone, which is better that some players than we have in this game. By the way cryto, just because someone agrees with your case, does not mean they are not scum.

@rc- why don't you discuss it? It would be helpful for you too, to provide a case as well.
Idiotking wrote:I don't really think it would be fair to lynch CSL before his replacement arrives.
Yes it would be. Think about it. You were willing to lynch him, before he asked for a replacement. So, what is the difference of still going after that goal? We can make it a win-win of lynching a scummy player, and zoraster doesn't have to find him a replacement. Lynching is the only thing csl's spot deserves. He doesn't need a replacement if he is lynched. Tell me what I am missing here.
unvote
vote csl
Besides, do you really want someone in this game with a bad past, that they can't defend. You are putting off the inevitable.

@shotty- I will scroll slower, when the game becomes slower.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Ah hell. Why not.

Unvote

Vote CSL

While I much (much much much) prefer giving replacements a chance, I agree that it's probably for the best that his spot gets lynched. I'm just gonna feel real bad if he flips town and we didn't give the replacement a shot.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by hiphop »

There is no replacement, if he doesn't get replaced.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by Idiotking »

And that's what annoys me. There's always this nagging possibility that CSL was a moron, but a townie one. I just feel icky not giving another player a chance.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Idiotking wrote:And that's what annoys me. There's always this nagging possibility that CSL was a moron, but a townie one. I just feel icky not giving another player a chance.
It's better if we don't have to find someone new, wait for them to catch up, make a post, argue with them. CSL was scummy enough to be lynched - the replacement gaff is just a nice little bonus. The only thing that sucks about the situation is not getting a claim, but I doubt CSL would have replaced out if he was something awesome like a vigilante.

I'm willing to compromise.

Unvote, vote: CSL
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm trying to think of something CSL could claim where i still wouldn't lynch him.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Shotty forgot about me... :(

Also, I'm not done reading through the
pages
that have been installed to reinforce the wall of posts that has been created by activity.
don't you feel silly now?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by imaginality »

I think that puts us into the 24 hour zone of impending lynchiness.

Does another vote on the CSL wagon count for anything much now?

Probably not, he looks pretty much strung up - I don't see the majority vote changing in the next 24 hours (even in a game this fast). But no harm in helping y'all kick the stool from under his feet.

Unvote,
Vote: CSL

This is the majority vote. The 24 hour clock moves from here.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Post by Hoopla »

imaginality wrote:I think that puts us into the 24 hour zone of impending lynchiness.

Does another vote on the CSL wagon count for anything much now?

Probably not, he looks pretty much strung up - I don't see the majority vote changing in the next 24 hours (even in a game this fast). But no harm in helping y'all kick the stool from under his feet.

Unvote,
Vote: CSL
More like, no harm in making sure you're on the wagon when he flips, right?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”