Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Post by imaginality »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 1 ) - SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 2 ) - Energetic Penguin - CSL
CSL ( 13 ) - RedCoyote - sigma - Pads - crypto - popsofctown - roflcopter - Infinis - shotty to the body - charter - hiphop - idiotking hoopla - imaginality

elvis_knits ( 1 ) - Vi
Energetic Penguin ( 1 ) - hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - elvis_knits
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 1 ) - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Majority Reached. You have until Thursday at 5am to change votes.

I dunno, I don't expect to gain any significant town points from this vote if CSL flips scum. Nor should many other people on the wagon, mind you, what with him kind of painting a big "lynch me" on himself in his last few posts.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Vi »

Shotty to the Body 788 wrote:
Questionably Scummy
(in no particular order)
Vi- Topping the list (despite it's lack of order), everyone's favorite non-gender. Just looking through the amount of spam Vi has injected into this game and the way his vote has swung everywhere,
Vi is clearly muddling any connections he has with anyone.
Why would town do this? Despite that Vi hasn't committed as many grievous sins as some of you.
The bolded statement is a lie, and throwing "clearly" into it is somewhere between insulting and scummy.
Please elaborate on why you believe this is true... considering you're not the first person to say similar things and I've already responded multiple times.

Your post is more fluff than substance, thus I'm edging toward believing SpyreX again.

But I can't do anything about that now.

-----

This should help get rid of the disgusted feeling I have toward this game right now.

Unvote: elvis_knits

Vote to Hammer: CSL

"No reason not to" is almost an understatement.

Note: It probably won't come into play today, but I can't think of any good reason Town could have for messing around with the plurality lynches. Once someone is hammered, stay on the wagon. (or die)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Ordinarily I'm not a fan of bandwagoning the defenseless - even on someone so righteously deserving as CSL - but here I'm more swayed by Hoopla's length argument than anything. If we can put this monster to bed it won't be quite so daunting to Shotty (who impressively still seemed to have a pretty good read in such a short time!) and Pyscho's replacement.

I think more voting at this point is defunct but if the CSL wagon loses steam for some reason I can jump on. Otherwise I want to keep my vote on e-penguin because I don't want to move this until he posts content.

And Vi, of frikkin course it's more fluff than substance. We are on page 33 and his post is two hours after his replacing-in was announced.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sheesh, every time I check this thread I seem to be at least five pages behind.
sigma Post 726 wrote:I think we've exhausted this argument.
I think you are right about this. Plus no one is paying attention to it so I am either way off base or your buddies don't want to bus you yet.
CSL Post 730 wrote:Well, how the hell am I supposed to defend myself? I've fucking had it. I'm out, yo.

Replacement Requested
RAGE

@Infinis what about Vi's wagon hopping is scummy to over say Hoopla's?
Shotty to the Body Post 788 wrote:Anyone with a post count that has not reached it's 10th birthday: Yes you, I'm talking to you lurkers. *glare* Out of all of them (Penguin being aforementioned so he is excluded), hiphop and pads both rub me the wrong way, I don't really have much more than my amazing GUTS (scroll slower HP!) on those reads, but at some point be aware the lurker hunt will commence when the active players are thinned.
Are you serious? You just got done calling Vi scummy for basically spamming the thread and now you want to talk about a lurker hunt? This is technically my 10th post in this thread and I have posted every day twice a day since the game started. Explain how that is lurking. Then explain how that is scummy keeping Vi (and other “spammers”) in mind.
Hoopla Post 795 wrote:
Idiotking wrote:And that's what annoys me. There's always this nagging possibility that CSL was a moron, but a townie one. I just feel icky not giving another player a chance.
It's better if we don't have to find someone new, wait for them to catch up, make a post, argue with them. CSL was scummy enough to be lynched - the replacement gaff is just a nice little bonus. The only thing that sucks about the situation is not getting a claim, but I doubt CSL would have replaced out if he was something awesome like a vigilante.

I'm willing to compromise.

Unvote, vote: CSL
Pretty much this.

Unvote, Vote: CSL

Looks like I am late to the party so to speak, but if that was a hammer we still have 24hrs to change our minds I'm happy enough to add my vote to to really make sure CSL hangs.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Vi »

hitogoroshi 802 wrote:And Vi, of frikkin course it's more fluff than substance. We are on page 33 and his post is two hours after his replacing-in was announced.
This argument is bad, and you should feel bad.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:26 am

Post by zoraster »

Please check for any mistakes. the first section is the vote count, the second are the votes each player has placed. Majority has been reached as of 5am EST today. You have until 5am EST tomorrow to change votes. I have a replacement lined up. I could throw him to the wolves and let you lynch, but the majority at least right now seems convincing, so I'd rather hold off to let him replace Psychologic if Psych can't catch up in time.

hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 1 ) - SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 2 ) - Energetic Penguin - CSL
CSL ( 15 ) - RedCoyote - sigma - Pads - crypto - popsofctown - roflcopter - Infinis - shotty to the body - charter - hiphop - idiotking hoopla - imaginality - Vi - Sotty7

elvis_knits ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 1 ) - hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - elvis_knits
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 1 ) - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki
Total Votes ( 24 )

Voter Voting For
hiphop CSL
shotty to the body CSL
charter CSL
crypto CSL
CSL crypto
elvis_knits idiotking
Energetic Penguin crypto
hitogoroshi Energetic Penguin
Hoopla CSL
Idiotking CSL
imaginality CSL
Infinis CSL
EtherealCookie Unvote
Maemuki unvote
Pads CSL
popsofctown CSL
Psychologic Unvote
RayFrost infinis
RedCoyote CSL
roflcopter CSL
sigma CSL
Sotty7 CSL
SpyreX shotty to the body
Vi CSL
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:37 am

Post by zoraster »

Zakeri replaces Psychologic

Thanks Zak!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

roflcopter wrote:if csl is scum, idiotking is an absolute lock to be his scumbuddy
I was thinking that given that he voted CSL under pressure and then when CSL wagon gets going he unvotes and says we shouldn't lynch CSL.
idiotking wrote:I find that CSL is a good choice for a lynch, given the fact that if saved until late-game, such useless people give scum an easy route to pressure/lynch.
idiotking wrote:So... why exactly aren't we going to wait for a replacement and then judge the replacement by his or her own merit? Shouldn't we at least give the replacement a chance?
idiotking wrote:I don't really think it would be fair to lynch CSL before his replacement arrives. I think that CSL was just overwhelmed by this game and couldn't handle it, just like Budja. If this is true, then he would have reacted the same regardless of his alignment.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

@Vi: I frankly don't care if you like the word clearly or not I can and will use it where I please, first off. Let's see early on you agree that Mae is town almost unconditionally and the questions you ask her are fluff (See Pads 452, I'm afraid the science of linking to an individual post is something I don't understand but it's on page 19). You also agree with Budja and point out that Spyre isn't Pro-town AFAYC because of his meta, while his posts up to that point weren't stellar I doubt I'd have joined that wagon without something more compelling. Both you and Budja used the same points to vote for him however. On page 14 we have tentative town reads from you on Crypto but you've started shading (giving her scum-tells but saying you still think she is pro-town) Maemuki as scummy now after Crypto's vote, why? On the bottom of page 19 now Mae is undecided for you, I read the ISO and the intervening pages, nothing really changed from your original assessment and you didn't post any reasons to go along with this. Votes EP after Confid's death, I can't even criticize for you calling him scum, too bad. Your ISO 52 made me lol and also expressed support for Budja, why are you suddenly switching that opinion, because he replaced? When did you EVER mention believing Spyre btw? 'Believing again' my arse.

If you want to skip that useless pile of crap paragraph there here are some reasons that Vi is scummy. His view of Mae has slid from town to wanting to lynch over the course of the day for nothing culminating in 620. His muddling takes the form of voting every major bandwagon that appears, how the blood do you find that many scum in a single day? I understand testing the waters for reactions, but honestly, if Vi flipped scum right now it would be hard to tell where to go off of his play right now. Vi asks a lot of questions of his target, but he never actually convinces people to vote them with him and despite his 'unchanging stances' he can't find a single person he wants to lynch and convince others to vote them, just because there is no pre-existing wagon doesn't mean you can't start one.

@Rayfrost: You did slip my view, that's odd of you... I'd throw you in the fish tank with VI at this point, I don't really like your posts after a quick skim of your more recent ones.

@Sotty: Let's say spamming is black and lurking is white. Just because I called black scummy doesn't mean white is right (c wut i did thar?). I prefer a nice shade of gray, looks good with navy, perhaps a bit of sheen to draw the eye. That said don't get your panties in a bu- (*squints at gender sign* Ruined my comeback, drat!) over a lurker hunt that would be several days in the future at the very least. If it makes you feel better I wouldn't have clumped you in there if I'd wanted to do 23 players individually, I like your posts and your name rhymes with something cool, Sotty, hmmm it's on the tip of my tongue....

PREVIEW EDIT: Hats off for E_K to restating the obvious far after the point where we may've even considered that an original idea. Encore!
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:51 am

Post by crypto »

hiphop wrote:By the way cryto, just because someone agrees with your case, does not mean they are not scum.
It should be rather obvious that I am aware of that. Just about no one agreed/agrees with my Maemuki case. Elvis and Charter are scummy because they're clinging to arguments that have repeatedly been proven idiotic. I simply can't fathom that there is no ulterior motive.

Not sold on the Idiotking-CSL connection, but he's plenty scummy anyway so whatever.

Whoever said Hoopla is obvious town is correct.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 am

Post by crypto »

Shoddy Body wrote:PREVIEW EDIT: Hats off for E_K to restating the obvious far after the point where we may've even considered that an original idea. Encore!
What else is new? +1.

Fixed quote tag
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 am

crypto wrote:
hiphop wrote:By the way cryto, just because someone agrees with your case, does not mean they are not scum.
It should be rather obvious that I am aware of that. Just about no one agreed/agrees with my Maemuki case. Elvis and Charter are scummy because they're clinging to arguments that have repeatedly been proven idiotic. I simply can't fathom that there is no ulterior motive.

Not sold on the Idiotking-CSL connection, but he's plenty scummy anyway so whatever.

Whoever said Hoopla is obvious town is correct.
That was me.

@Hiphop: BTW I forgot this, you clearly mistook my Earthbound reference for something directed at you, I would never call you HP.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:55 am

Post by crypto »

Oh, I was wondering why he would've felt the need to say that given he's in another game with me. :?

Bah quote fail.
Energetic Penguin
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Energetic Penguin »

Idiotking wrote:Ah hell. Why not.

Unvote

Vote CSL

While I much (much much much) prefer giving replacements a chance, I agree that it's probably for the best that his spot gets lynched. I'm just gonna feel real bad if he flips town and we didn't give the replacement a shot.
this post is perfect example of laying a safety net. You wagon along but include your safety phrase of "I"ll feel real bad if he fips town and we didn't give the replacement a chance"
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

crypto wrote:
Shoddy Body wrote:PREVIEW EDIT: Hats off for E_K to restating the obvious far after the point where we may've even considered that an original idea. Encore!
What else is new? +1.
Nobody else even mentioned it besides rofl... how was it an accepted idea?

I WAS thinking this and the fact that I was voting idiotking should tip you off to it.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:59 am

Post by SpyreX »

In one page from 8 to 15.

YEeeeaaaa, something tells me this isn't going to end well.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:02 am

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:In one page from 8 to 15.

YEeeeaaaa, something tells me this isn't going to end well.
Ha. Ahahaha. hahahahaha.

Scum.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:07 am

Rofl, let's see who else mentioned it. (pun intended)
roflcopter 784 wrote:csl specifically acted like a bitch over being suspected and thus replaced out. that is so very much different from not being able to handle activity levels.

if csl is scum, idiotking is an absolute lock to be his scumbuddy
Shotty's 788 wrote:PREVIEW UPDATE: Unvote, Vote CSL I will follow the chopper down the rabbit hole in this case, the King's newest post makes CSL useful in telling IK's alignment. No quarter, huzzah!
There's two at least and after that point anyone with literacy could draw that conclusion. You were voting idiotking before he avoided voting CSL, so how could I possibly assume that you saw into the future to vote IK on that reason.

In fact, here's the original quote you used to explain why you were voting IK after saying his vote 'didn't impress you.'
E_K ISO 26 wrote:CSL doesn't really seem town to me, so in that sense I guess it's an okay vote. But there's like a hella other stuff going on more important than CSL, and you aren't very involved. Also you voted CSL and said "are you happy now, ray/hoopla?" like the vote was more to please them than because you actually thought he was scum.
If he was voting to get people off his back would he really vote his scum-partner? Your reasoning doesn't line-up and your just taking opportunistic advantage of idiotking's position if CSL flips scum.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I never said I saw into the future. I was watching IK closely and voting him. Then I read the game this morning and saw the CSL meltdown and IK's reaction to it and came to that conclusion. I'm telling you that it is natural for me to come to that conclusion based on the fact I was voting IK. I cannot help it if other people came to that same conclusion during the night when I was sleeping.

Also didn't you just tell me you think IK is scum too? So how am I taking opportunistic advantage of IK? Wouldn't that mean IK is town? What are you saying? You can't argue that IK is scum and that I am scum taking advantage of poor IK for his position on csl. It can't be both.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

shotty wrote:If he was voting to get people off his back would he really vote his scum-partner?
Yes. That's when scum vote their buddies... when under pressure. I didn't see it at the time, but came to that conclusion after csl meltdown.
Talk nerdy to me.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:25 am

E_K wrote:Also didn't you just tell me you think IK is scum too? So how am I taking opportunistic advantage of IK? Wouldn't that mean IK is town? What are you saying? You can't argue that IK is scum and that I am scum taking advantage of poor IK for his position on csl. It can't be both.
Welcome to CROSS-FIRE the game that (most likely ( gotta be careful of my wording or it's a scum-tell round these parts lolol)) has multiple scum-factions. IK could easily have jumped onto CSL because he was just a weak player or APPEARS to be scummy, you don't get cleared in this game just for pursuing someone I think is scum.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:27 am

Let me clarify, he jumped to CSL when he was under pressure because he was a weak player and if they aren't part of the same faction he was hesitant to come down so hard on a (potentially) townie wagon and then he switched when he realized he was going to catch more heat if CSL did turn out to be from another scum faction.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't see why you would care about IK becoming the victim the EK's awful agenda if you thought IK was scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:32 am

Because it is an important indicator of EK's alignment.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Based on the fact that I saw a connection between two scummy players? A connection that you agree with?
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”