Mafia 104 - Revenge of the Crimson King - Game!

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Christ. You guys pretty much could not have picked a stupider thing to argue about.

MonkeyMan: you aren't being as sharp and incisive as you think you are.

Ray: Just stop.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Cyberbob wrote:Christ. You guys pretty much could not have picked a stupider thing to argue about.

MonkeyMan: you aren't being as sharp and incisive as you think you are.

Ray: Just stop.
But, but... it's fun :(
don't you feel silly now?
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Merkabah »

@Ray: it's distracting.

MMan and Exalt are pretty clearly scum together. Exalt, most of your 96 gives me terrible vibes (especially the semi-defense/semi-bussing of MMan) and the quick counterwagon to MMan doesn't make me warm and fuzzy either. I clearly made my intention clear that we thought you were scummy and I had an opportunity to check in and vote. To ignore that and then OMGUS me also screams scum.

Vote stays on Exalt for now, but MMan deserves to swing right here and right now. His continued vague and self-undermining of his own attacks are pretty clearly scum attacks as well. Swimmer seems town from the people that are against her.

-A
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

How is swimmer town, Amished?
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

RayFrost wrote:How is swimmer town, Amished?
hey monkey man, look, someone thinks I'm 100% scum.

Isn't that what you're voting me for? Why aren't you voting him?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by RayFrost »

swimmer4lyfe wrote:

I don't, nice misrep though.

I asked Amished what the source of his town read was. Nothing more or less.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Glork »

swimmer4lyfe wrote:No, it's not scummy to defend yourself. It is scummy to say "this is how I roll, just deal with it" when that "way that he rolls" is scummy.
That doesn't make any sense. "The way that he rolls" is to defend himself when attacked. You just called that both not-scummy and scummy in the same post.

Unvote, Vote: Swimmer
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Glork wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:No, it's not scummy to defend yourself. It is scummy to say "this is how I roll, just deal with it" when that "way that he rolls" is scummy.
That doesn't make any sense. "The way that he rolls" is to defend himself when attacked. You just called that both not-scummy and scummy in the same post.

I said it was the way I roll to defend myself at length. <--- did you know this was the context?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:Three people have voted me with little to no reasoning and/or horrible reasoning. In fact I think I'm close to lynch.
Actually, you were at a whopping FIVE votes by my count, when you made that post.

Paranoid, much?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: And at the very top of the next page, you actually bothered to count. The paranoia comment still stands, though, because that was your kneejerk reaction.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Glork »

RayFrost wrote:
Glork wrote:

I said it was the way I roll to defend myself at length. <--- did you know this was the context?
Yes. As I have already pointed out:
A) That is the way players -- INCLUDING MYSELF -- "roll"
B) He just said that a townie defending oneself isn't scummy, then implied that "RayFrost defends himself as a playstyle" is scummy

He's self-contradictory, paranoid, and he hasn't even attempted to distinguish between "defending oneself" and "being over-defensive." All of these are signs of a big ol' scumbaggo.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

thanks for clarification there.

unvote, vote:swimmer

play has only downslided, not improved, in read
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: And at the very top of the next page, you actually bothered to count. The paranoia comment still stands, though, because that was your kneejerk reaction.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Glork wrote:EBWOP: And at the very top of the next page, you actually bothered to count. The paranoia comment still stands, though, because that was your kneejerk reaction.
you said that already >.>"
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by Glork »

Yeah, I was trying to clean out and replace some keys on my laptop, and accidentally hit Back to when I made that EBWOP and then posted it. I should probably close Firefox before going back to cleaning. >.<
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 pm

Post by Exalt »

Merkabah wrote:@Ray: it's distracting.

MMan and Exalt are pretty clearly scum together. Exalt, most of your 96 gives me terrible vibes (especially the semi-defense/semi-bussing of MMan) and the quick counterwagon to MMan doesn't make me warm and fuzzy either. I clearly made my intention clear that we thought you were scummy and I had an opportunity to check in and vote. To ignore that and then OMGUS me also screams scum.

Vote stays on Exalt for now, but MMan deserves to swing right here and right now. His continued vague and self-undermining of his own attacks are pretty clearly scum attacks as well. Swimmer seems town from the people that are against her.

-A

So let me get this straight... you get scum vibes from me because I think swimmer4life jumped on MM's weak case and pushed it hard, all the while he was buddying MM... while in the meantime MM tries pushing swim far away? Really?

Usually buddying is from one town and one scum leeching off that town to "look" town if that player flips... You almost NEVER see two scum buddying like this... ever.... ever ever ever.... But you definitely see a lot of the "leech" buddying that I was talking about...

so I am voting the leecher... and this gives you a scum vibe? Maybe you need to read up on past mafia games and try proving me wrong, cuz I'm not

I didn't realize I had the power to start a soft bandwagon, but whatever floats your boat here. I have one vote and my opinions, which I will speak Everyone else's votes are their own.

What I do not like is your chainsaw defense for swimmer here. What posts give you a town vibe from swimmer over MM? I think the opposite. Swim is using the exact bad case MM had and tried to attach to his hip with it, and you think swim is town and MM is scum? How do you figure?

You are looking like scum trying to protect your buddy.

Oh yes, and I OMGUS voted you because you OMGUS voted me after I called you scum earlier. I did it to piss you off, which seems to have worked just fine :D It quite clearly wasn't a serious nor final vote, but alas, anyone with any common sense could have figured that one out. I will actually make a case against you if I decide to lynchvote your scummy ass. :P Are you still going on about that RVS vote with Wicked now?

Also, if you think MM is scum, why are you voting me? Are you hoping someone will get lynched and you will have no blame for the wagon? Your vote on me reads more like an excuse not to vote on a wagon more than anything. Why are you playing so safe? Scum much?
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by Pads »

unvote

swimmer4lyfe wrote:RayFrost's overdefensiveness is noted, and his defense of "this is my style, get over it" is not good town play.
But it is town play. He obviously doesn't care what people think about him or his playstyle. That's a town point in my book every time.
Tarlhalindur wrote: Intuition says you're either an alt or newbscum. Possibly both.
Uh.. What are the intersecting qualities of these two things?

Monkey took his early case far too serious. It was a weak case, which is fine for getting the game moving. But if he was just trying to get the game moving, he would have known that and not been so utterly convinced of it.

Not a scrap of solid scum hunting, dismissive of attacks in Post 120 and after the indescribable Post 116, I'm good for
vote: Monkeyman576

Speaking of weak attempts to get the game going. Wicked's Post 47 looks like scum trying too hard to fit in and just posting fluff instead. Same thing for his exchanges with Exalt.

Both
SolemnJ wrote:Sigh. The RVS. Lets see...

Monkeyman and/or Socrates is scum. I'm calling it now.

Vote: monkeyman
and
SolemnJ wrote: Good. We have two confirmed scum now.

So why vote monkeyman of all people?
combine to look like bussing and the setting up of a mislynch tomorrow, while trying to innocently challenging Monkeyman's attackers.

Swim is NewbTown after Post 123

I like RayFrost, xReckonerx, and Glork. I am content with Raivann, Merkabah, and Cyberbob. I am discontent with Snow Bunny for the unoriginal jump onto the wagon, as well as the people who haven't said much (yes, I realize I was one up to this point).
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Post by Exalt »

Merkabah wrote:MMan and Exalt are pretty clearly scum together.
Also, if MMan flipped town, does that make me town too? If MMan does not flip town, does that make me scum too? What if one of us were scum and the other was town? Which is which?

In the same respects, since you are defending swim and attacking MM (the opposite of what I'm doing), does this mean that if swim is scum, you are also scum, or if swim is town you are town, or one of you are scum?

You are talking in absolutes, so I'm just playing along while wondering why? Based on your (Amished) past play, you quite clearly aren't this shortsighted and dumb... so I'm guessing I'm speaking to the shortbus person out of the two? Is this like a dr jeckle mr hyde thing or what?

You find me scum for disagreeing with you and going the other direction. If swim flips scum, this should mean you are scum as well, right? This can be the only logical choice based on your thought process with me.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Pads wrote: Monkey took his early case far too serious. It was a weak case, which is fine for getting the game moving. But if he was just trying to get the game moving, he would have known that and not been so utterly convinced of it.
Thank you for recognizing this. I stated several times that my case was being exaggerated. It was never meant to be taken as a "me or him" situation. I was not "utterly convinced". I use my words with conviction and use my votes liberally, even in early game. Putting pressure on people gets reactions, and that was my ultimate goal.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:47 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Putting pressure on people gets reactions, and that was my ultimate goal.
Yeah, nah. Obvious attempt at a retcon detected.
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:23 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Glork wrote:

telling people that your town play is scummy is not a defense. It's a weak excuse to behave scummily.
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Glork wrote:EBWOP:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:Three people have voted me with little to no reasoning and/or horrible reasoning. In fact I think I'm close to lynch.
Actually, you were at a whopping FIVE votes by my count, when you made that post.

Paranoid, much?
I thought I was at 10.

How would you react if you thought you had 10 votes?

I think I miscounted by subconsciously miscounting votes as I reread people's posts
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

RayFrost wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:

I don't, nice misrep though.

I asked Amished what the source of his town read was. Nothing more or less.
It's not a misrep. The way you worded it implied ther was no way I could be town.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:46 am

Post by Cyberbob »

swimmer4lyfe wrote:
Glork wrote:

telling people that your town play is scummy is not a defense. It's a weak excuse to behave scummily.
Except Ray's defence wasn't scummy, hope this helps you with your case :)
swimmer4lyfe
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
swimmer4lyfe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 am

Post by swimmer4lyfe »

Cyberbob wrote:
swimmer4lyfe wrote:
Glork wrote:

Except Ray's defence wasn't scummy, hope this helps you with your case :)
nope, it was scummy. You're wrong

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”