Newbie 855 (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Y »

Foilist's play is better than YC's and I don't expect the same mistakes from him. Besides, I get scum from foilist. I didn't from YC.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Y »

BTW, I wasn't okay with YC doing it either. When it comes to that, he deserved the noose.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Y - Ok, I claim vanilla townie. Thought thats what I did already, but apparently not.

@SaintKerrigan - Do you have anymore questions, or are you ready to put your vote somewhere?
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

I'm keen to know what the others think - the immediate pressure has been partly taken off by Alduskkel's unvote, so there is certainly time to talk.
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Zhero »

foilist wrote: @SaintKerrigan - You are effectively the deciding vote now. It is up to you who is going to be lynched. With that in mind, why don't you post a basic list of the things you find scummy about both me and CthulhuDreams so that we can best respond to them?
@SaintKerrigan - Do you have anymore questions, or are you ready to put your vote somewhere?
Not liking the pressure to hammer here; we've still got 10 days, there's no hurry.
Alduskkel wrote: I am really not liking how both foilist and CD are now on each others wagons.
Why? I'm not sure I see the significance.
-Zhero
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Zhero - I guess you're right. Do you have anything you'd like to add? The day ends when everyone's pretty much done talking, which seems to generally be the case. I'm not eager for a hammer, but I am eager for the game to continue. So if you have more to say, then please say it.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

The biggest problem is that if we are both town the town is a very awkward situation. One of us dies, night kill not on us, would leave day 3 with 5 alive and one of us looking evil.

It's not a problem of course if you or I am scum, but it means we need to discuss and make sure that we make the best lynch today - it's absolutely critical and why I was advocating against a quick lynch before.
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you heard is not what I meant"
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Thats true. Even though i posted it, I hadn't really thought about it earlier.

Ok, lets have everyone pick at least one #3 suspect just so we have an idea of how we would go into D-3 if the day ended now.

For me its Alduskkel. I haven't seen a lot of scum tells thus far, and he still falls into my initial theory about the YankCane bandwagon.

How bout you Cthulhu?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Y wrote:
foilist13 wrote:I'm not a power role, I have nothing to claim.
This is not a claim. This is avoiding a claim. A townie calls himself "townie". That's what he gets on the role PM. What makes a player go around the actual claim? The fact he doesn't see himself as what he claims.
It's a pretty clear claim to me. Not a power role means he's saying he's vanilla since he's obviously not going to claim scum.
Zhero wrote:
Alduskkel wrote: I am really not liking how both foilist and CD are now on each others wagons.
Why? I'm not sure I see the significance.
I explained why I'm not really happy with either of their votes.

Interesting point about foilist rushing the day, but it doesn't make sense because rushing the day would probably end up with him being lynched.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by Y »

foilist13 wrote:Thats true. Even though i posted it, I hadn't really thought about it earlier.
You also didn't think (Or didn't mention) the posibility of both of you being scum, knowing that one of you is probably going down, so at least the other should be cleared.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Y, why (heh) didn't you respond to what I said just above?
Y wrote:
foilist13 wrote:Thats true. Even though i posted it, I hadn't really thought about it earlier.
You also didn't think (Or didn't mention) the posibility of both of you being scum, knowing that one of you is probably going down, so at least the other should be cleared.
Well, from foilist's supposed PoV that scenario is impossible. Why would he mention it?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count:

foilist13(3): Y, Zhero, CthulhuDreams

CthulhuDreams(2): Socrates, foilist13

Not Voting: Alduskkel, SaintKerrigan

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: November 28th

The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Y »

Alduskkel wrote:Y, why (heh) didn't you respond to what I said just above?
Respond to what?
Y wrote:Well, from foilist's supposed PoV that scenario is impossible. Why would he mention it?
He wouldn't. I did, and I did it so everybody have it mind when thinking about their decisions in the game.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by foilist13 »

So.... Whats goin on? The thread is grinding to a halt here, so lets get a move on. If someone wants to hammer, drop it like its hot. I don't want to keep coming back to this thread if nothing's going on, so lets get into day 2 with or without me.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Zhero »

I can't see both CD and foilist being scum though.. that's some pretty furious and out of nowhere bussing on CD's part Day 1 if so. Not saying it's impossible, just doesn't seem likely.
Ald wrote: Interesting point about foilist rushing the day, but it doesn't make sense because rushing the day would probably end up with him being lynched.
Ah, that is true.
-Zhero
CthulhuDreams
CthulhuDreams
Goon
CthulhuDreams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by CthulhuDreams »

Y wrote:
If we're considering theortical scum actions, that would seem insanely bad play. I mean, if we were scum buddies, there was a serious chance we'd get a day 1 lynch

I don;t like foilist13 trying to hurry the day - either it's bad town play because it minimizes information, or scum play where he figures he's going to get lynched anyway. Or the other scum can bus him. Or something. Eitherway it's a hopeless idea. Why do it?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by foilist13 »

This is a game Cthulhu, it is supposed to be fun. Coming to this thread everyday and seeing one or two if any posts is not fun, its depressing. So either I want to move on or I want out, but I'm nit enough of an asshole to replace out from boredom. So lets either get some activity rolling, lynch you, or lynch me.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Y wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:Y, why (heh) didn't you respond to what I said just above?
Respond to what?
My point about foilist's claim earlier.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Post by Y »

I believe that there is an importance to what people say, not only what they mean by it.

@ foilist: This is starting to look like an appeal to emotion. There are almost no games in which there's a lot of activity all the time.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Guys I'll be doing regular vote counts and death/day restart scenes when necessary. If you need prods or anything else, please PM me directly. If you don't know hohum is V/LA for a few days, so send anything to me.

Vel
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Socrates »

Just got my wisdom teeth out. Still a little woozy, will hope to post later.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:53 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Y wrote:Foilist's play is better than YC's and I don't expect the same mistakes from him. Besides, I get scum from foilist. I didn't from YC.
So, you claim YC's play was worse than Foilist13's, yet you wrote off YC as not scummy while finding Foilist scummy. Can you please explain how that works? I also find it curious that, despite finding YC not scummy, you were willing to lynch him on Day 1. If you think someone is innocent, why on earth do you say you want to lynch that person? This, combined with what looks like tunneling on Foilist on Day 2, is making me feel less comfortable with you, Y.

Something also seems off-putting with the way you're defending CthulhuDreams, but I don't have anything on that yet beyond gut feeling. I'm certainly going to check on it, though.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Y »

Good or bad play is different than townish or scummy play. While the later is related to the player's role and how good he's playing it, the former relates to a player's skill level.

There's a big difference between misunderstanding (Bad player) and misrepresenting (Scummy player). A bad player makes genuine mistakes or bad judgement calls, while a scummy player tries to fake those or distort the game state.

Being a good or bad player is a combination of how experience a player has and how good his rhetorical and logical deduction skills are.

While YC and CD seem to be making mistakes just because of their lack of skill, foilist seems to me like a player trying to manipulate the way other people see him and the game. He was caught lying and misrepresenting the game.

I don't want to lynch a player I think isn't scum, but I'd prefer to lynch a player who might be scum (I could be wrong about him) than to end the day with a no-lynch. Notice that I said I would hammer if it comes to deadline, and backed off when I realized that a lynch will occur no matter what.

I'm not tunnel visioning. I have Socrates in my sight and Aldus too. I also have other theories which aren't solid enough at the moment to share.
My vote is on the player I believe should be lynched and his alignment will help me with both my theories and my suspects' list.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Y wrote:Notice that I said I would hammer if it comes to deadline, and backed off when I realized that a lynch will occur no matter what.
Then point it out, because I sure didn't see it.
Y wrote:I'm not tunnel visioning. I have Socrates in my sight and Aldus too.
Yet your focus has been predominantly on Foilist13. In fact, aside from that one post where you listed your reads (way back when), I haven't seen you press anyone other than Foilist13. As bad as Foilist13 is playing, at least he's making an effort to look at multiple people. I don't see that coming from you, Y.

FoS: Y.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Y wrote:I believe that there is an importance to what people say, not only what they mean by it.
What's so significant about the wording of foilist's 2 claims?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”